PDA

View Full Version : It's Likely Matt Flynn Vs Lions... Aaron Rodgers itchin' at the bit.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/25/green-bay-packers-minnesota-vikings-tie-matt-flynn/

Flynn It to Win It

Aaron Rodgers may be itching to play against Detroit on Thanksgiving, but the Packers would be wise to let him fully heal and give Matt Flynn a shot. You remember what he did to the Lions last time, right?

http://simmqb.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/packers-vikings-aaron-rodgers-throwing-360.jpg?w=540&h=753

Aaron Rodgers Itchin' at the bit....

" How restless is Aaron Rodgers, the Packers quarterback turned unhappy cheerleader?

He’s the one—not offensive coordinator Tom Clements or coach Mike McCarthy—who first told newly signed backup Matt Flynn he ought to warm up during the second half Sunday in Green Bay, because he figured Flynn might be going in to replace the struggling Scott Tolzien.

“Aaron came up to me and said get warmed up, you might be going in,” Flynn said later. “Then Tom Clements came over and said, you’re in when we get the ball back.”

Peering at the action underneath a green hooded jacket, behind a caterpillar-thick Movember mustache, Rodgers watched Flynn put together a comeback from down 23-7 to tie the Vikings in overtime, a rare NFL draw."

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !

Rodgers12
11-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Remember the last time Rodgers called plays against the Lions? Matt Flynn threw 6 tds.

If Rodgers doesn't play - I hope he plays - McCarthy would be wise to let Rodgers do the play calling.

Lately, McCarthy's playcalling has been somewhat lethargic, predictable and ineffective. Granted, even Bill Walsh would look lethargic, predictable and ineffective with Scott "Pick Me or Bat Me" Tolzien at QB.

Here's an example of McCarthy's lethargic, predictable and ineffective play-calling. Against New York, 1st down, McCarthy comes out of the wishbone formation. Hands off to Lacy for -5 or something like that. 2nd down, McCarthy comes out of wishbone formation again. Playaction and Tolzien is, surprise (not really), picked off. The Little Giants weren't fooled. Everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew it was gonna be pass.

You need not be an NFL play-caller to realize that you only call plays like then when you gain a chunk on the first try, not -5.

I believe Rodgers would call a better game against the Lions than Big Mike.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 04:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview?gameId=331128008

Aaron Rodgers returns to Green Bay Packers practice

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the League Writer

Published: Nov. 26, 2013 at 01:51 p.m.
Updated: Nov. 26, 2013 at 03:45 p.m

" According to the Packers' official website, Rodgers was seen working on quarterback-center exchanges, executing footwork and dropback drills, and throwing short passes to receivers during position drills. Matt Flynn and Scott Tolzien traded reps with Rodgers.

It's certainly a positive step forward, but don't expect to see Rodgers play against the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Monday that Rodgers' chances of playing this week were "slim to none." He was even clearer Tuesday, explaining that Rodgers' chances of playing are "closer to none."

"It does not look like Aaron is going to make it," McCarthy said.

Flynn took starter reps for the Packers on Tuesday "

Please click on the LINK for all of this story.

GO PACKERS !

Freak Out
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Remember the last time Rodgers called plays against the Lions? Matt Flynn threw 6 tds.

If Rodgers doesn't play - I hope he plays - McCarthy would be wise to let Rodgers do the play calling.

Lately, McCarthy's playcalling has been somewhat lethargic, predictable and ineffective. Granted, even Bill Walsh would look lethargic, predictable and ineffective with Scott "Pick Me or Bat Me" Tolzien at QB.

Here's an example of McCarthy's lethargic, predictable and ineffective play-calling. Against New York, 1st down, McCarthy comes out of the wishbone formation. Hands off to Lacy for -5 or something like that. 2nd down, McCarthy comes out of wishbone formation again. Playaction and Tolzien is, surprise (not really), picked off. The Little Giants weren't fooled. Everyone in the stadium and watching at home knew it was gonna be pass.

You need not be an NFL play-caller to realize that you only call plays like then when you gain a chunk on the first try, not -5.

Why the hell not....?

bobblehead
11-26-2013, 08:41 PM

So your criticism is that he called a pass play on second and 15. Got it. Glad you aren't calling the plays I guess.

channtheman
11-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I think it was more the formation he called the pass out of. Play action on 2nd and 15 isn't fooling anyone, it's just wasting time Tolzien could be looking downfield.

Rodgers12
11-26-2013, 08:58 PM
So your criticism is that he called a pass play on second and 15. Got it. Glad you aren't calling the plays I guess.

You come out of the wishbone and gain, say, 12 yards rushing. If that's the case, then go ahead and run the wishbone again and run play action. Defense would have to honor the run.

But -5? After that, the little Giants didn't give a fuck about the run. That's why the LB was where he was and picked off Tolzien. In that situation, 2nd and 15, McCarthy should've used a different formation - shutgun perhaps.

bobblehead
11-26-2013, 09:02 PM
You come out of the wishbone and gain, say, 12 yards rushing. If that's the case, then go ahead and run the wishbone again and run play action. Defense would have to honor the run.

But -5? After that, the little Giants didn't give a fuck about the run. That's why the LB was where he was and picked off Tolzien. In that situation, 2nd and 15, McCarthy should've used a different formation - shutgun perhaps.

Ok, makes a little more sense. I still think its a bit easy to criticize playcalling in isolation like you are. My criticisms in the past are much more general. Like not calling a single running play after 3 minutes into the second half.

I think its necessary to run in the NFL, but short of being unbalanced I think its impossible for fans to question things like the fullback dive. I would need overhead of every play to critique playcalling. The fullback dive is brilliant misdirection when it works, but is a horrible play when it doesn't.

Pugger
11-27-2013, 01:24 AM
It was great seeing photos of him at practice yesterday. It made me a little giddy but I doubt he'll play on Thursday.

http://www.packers.com/

I wouldn't be surprised if MM had Rodgers go out there just to give the guys a boost. Last Sunday having Flynn go in perked up the entire team. No offense to Tolzien but Flynn is a much more experienced QB and knew the offense well.

Tony Oday
11-27-2013, 02:14 AM
No AR on Thursday. Flynn-it-to-win-it instead of risking the start of next season if he really gets messed up by donkey Kong.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 06:24 AM
It was great seeing photos of him at practice yesterday. It made me a little giddy but I doubt he'll play on Thursday.

http://www.packers.com/

I wouldn't be surprised if MM had Rodgers go out there just to give the guys a boost. Last Sunday having Flynn go in perked up the entire team. No offense to Tolzien but Flynn is a much more experienced QB and knew the offense well.

" ... Aaron Rodgers (broken left collarbone) was officially limited in Tuesday's return to practice, but coach Mike McCarthy said it "does not look like (he's) going to make it (for Thursday)."

"This is a medical decision, and he's not quite ready," McCarthy said.

The coach went on to classify Rodgers as "closer to none than slim" to suit up against the Lions.

Why McCarthy refuses to officially rule Rodgers out is uncertain, but he's not going to play.

Either way, McCarthy called the practice a "good day of work (Rodgers) needed." He's now on track to return when the Packers host the Falcons in Week 14. Matt Flynn took the first-team reps Tuesday, and should be under center at Ford Field. ... "

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 06:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288585/article/aaron-rodgers-an-optimist-but-will-remain-patient

"...Rodgers said he doesn't have any pain when throwing, but he's going through a process that's more complicated than others might believe.

"We're 22 days out from the injury today, so expectations have been high," he said. "Obviously we've been trying to push it as much as has been reasonable. But, it's a waiting game with broken bones."

"I know my body better than everybody and it's just a matter of combining the strength, the flexibility, the lack of pain and the risk," he added. "And when all those align, I'll be back on the field."

Rodgers calls himself an "optimist," but he explained that Packers coach Mike McCarthy recently told him the fable of an optimist, pessimist and realist each falling down a hole.

"I don't know where he got it, if it was some sort of proverb or something," Rodgers said. "The optimist didn't make it, the pessimist didn't make it and then the realist, he made it."

The optimist will get out of the hole in Green Bay. It just probably won't happen until Week 14. ..."

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 08:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p480x480/1465111_687876597897841_941786179_n.jpg

GO PACK GO !

MadtownPacker
11-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Someone please put Woody down gently or else I'm gonna shoot him in the knee and torture him a few hours!!

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Someone please put Woody down gently or else I'm gonna shoot him in the knee and torture him a few hours!!

Are you serious? WTF.

I'm not your pound of flesh for the day.

Don't try to creep me out Mad.

MadtownPacker
11-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Well shit if you just posted the links (like you agreed to do before) it will be all good. But you dont and I have to be a bad guy and get on you about it.

Do we gotta take this issue to the meadow?

Cheesehead Craig
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Well shit if you just posted the links (like you agreed to do before) it will be all good. But you dont and I have to be a bad guy and get on you about it.

As ruler of The Meadow, what grievance doth thou have against the one known as woodbuck?

MadtownPacker
11-27-2013, 02:48 PM
First off he post articles instead of links but my real issue is that he is from the same country that has subjected us to that pussyass cracka justin bieber.

Teamcheez1
11-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Have the Packers ever started 4 different QB's in the same season?

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 04:05 PM

It's right here Mad:

If you ever have to. Simply macho ass brow beat me with a PM. Don't smack me up the side of the head publicly and expect me to lay down.

I'm not made like that Mad. I act on this forum the same way I would act mano-o-mano. I never have nor ever will take crap threats from anyone.

That will never change with me Mad.

Like a lot of people I have habits and sometimes need a reminder. That can be done with some decency/respect.

I'm not stupid I can get a message and I'm also me and sometimes well..... elaborate. :-D

I have zero problem with anything you have the power to or need to edit.

It was the more than 'just macho' but graphic inference of threat that got/gets... me riled up.

Also:

I never post entire articles. I post a LINK ... a Subject Title ....and often add some focal text from that article.

I usually make a comment and sometimes make my own format of information I gleen from what's available on the net.

I endeavour to make my posts look half ways decent and never simply drab. I put real effort into my posts Mad and I do so to make Packerrats look somewhat classy to any member or non-member that reads it.

Evidently that doesn't suit you.

I'm never here to ruin your life.

The Meadow...

Anyone and me in the Meadow is about as attractive a prospect as crawling up into one anothers ass. That would be one bad ass dirty word fight. :cat:

KYPack
11-27-2013, 05:37 PM
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/25/green-bay-packers-minnesota-vikings-tie-matt-flynn/

Flynn It to Win It

Aaron Rodgers may be itching to play against Detroit on Thanksgiving, but the Packers would be wise to let him fully heal and give Matt Flynn a shot. You remember what he did to the Lions last time, right?

http://simmqb.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/packers-vikings-aaron-rodgers-throwing-360.jpg?w=540&h=753

Aaron Rodgers Itchin' at the bit....

" How restless is Aaron Rodgers, the Packers quarterback turned unhappy cheerleader?

He’s the one—not offensive coordinator Tom Clements or coach Mike McCarthy—who first told newly signed backup Matt Flynn he ought to warm up during the second half Sunday in Green Bay, because he figured Flynn might be going in to replace the struggling Scott Tolzien.

“Aaron came up to me and said get warmed up, you might be going in,” Flynn said later. “Then Tom Clements came over and said, you’re in when we get the ball back.”

Peering at the action underneath a green hooded jacket, behind a caterpillar-thick Movember mustache, Rodgers watched Flynn put together a comeback from down 23-7 to tie the Vikings in overtime, a rare NFL draw."

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !

Tank sighting.

Took me longer this time, but the smell is familiar.

Anti MM
Wimpy white boy band lyrics?

Sounds about right.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Tank sighting.

Took me longer this time, but the smell is familiar.

Anti MM
Wimpy white boy band lyrics?

Sounds about right.

One check mark pour vous KY.

;-)

I thought that was actually subtle / discreet.

Count on an older cager like you to pick up on it.

PACKERS !

KYPack
11-27-2013, 08:20 PM
One check mark pour vous KY.

;-)

I thought that was actually subtle / discreet.

Count on an older cager like you to pick up on it.

PACKERS !

Plus he posted Favre love in the other thread.

Tank was thrown off the JSO Blog comments thread in late October.

So he joins here in early November.

Yup yup.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Plus he posted Favre love in the other thread.

Tank was thrown off the JSO Blog comments thread in late October.

So he joins here in early November.

Yup yup.

Ahh...not sure.

Yes to MM.

Turkey tomorrow and 'wishbone' by Saturday.