PDA

View Full Version : Franklin to IR. LB Aiyewa signed to 53.

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 6m
According to NFL Transactions wire, #Packers placed Johnathan Franklin on injured reserve and signed LB Victor Aiyewa from practice squad.

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m
With Lattimore ruled out, #Packers didnt have a backup ILB behind Hawk and Brad Jones

Fritz
11-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 6m
According to NFL Transactions wire, #Packers placed Johnathan Franklin on injured reserve and signed LB Victor Aiyewa from practice squad.

The team would've done this earlier but when they gave Franklin the pen to sign the IR papers he fumbled it.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 04:13 PM
The team would've done this earlier but when they gave Franklin the pen to sign the IR papers he fumbled it.

Damn I missed this injury.

What did Franklin do?

Walk into a piece of furniture?

Ohh shit... I must have blinked or was on my way to the fridge for a beer and missed this:

Franklin suffered a concussion last week while returning the opening kickoff.

Dear Lord design a better helmet.

Harlan Huckleby
11-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Had to be an unpleasant choice for TT. I really doubt TT wants to finish the season with just 2 running backs.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Had to be an unpleasant choice for TT. I really doubt TT wants to finish the season with just 2 running backs.

Packers Depth chart:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

It's hard to keep up. Is this fella still on the Packers Practise Squad?

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-sign-RB-Smith-to-practice-squad/9a2cb728-b3d8-4580-8390-a2571c3f487d

Packers sign RB Smith to practice squad

Posted Nov 13, 2013

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/orwin_smith_402626.html

RB Orwin Smith's College Bio

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
11-27-2013, 05:14 PM
The backups to the backups are hurt now.

Franklin did not impress me this year.

MadScientist
11-27-2013, 05:20 PM
This is the Packers, did you expect anything different?

The NFL should just give us a 53-man practice squad so we might have enough players combined to get through a season.

Harlan Huckleby
11-27-2013, 10:24 PM

Franklin did not impress me this year.

He was bad in preseason, worthless on kick returns.

But ... he had that big 100 yard game were he looked like a contender.

I gotta believe he is better than the available options. Kuhn is no RB. Starks and Lacy get hurt a lot.

Guiness
11-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Wow, IR'd for a concussion? That seems pretty severe, did he have another one earlier this year? I don't remember it. I wonder if they just wanted the roster spot.

Patler
11-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Wow, IR'd for a concussion? That seems pretty severe, did he have another one earlier this year? I don't remember it. I wonder if they just wanted the roster spot.

One report said "...concussion and neck injury..."

KYPack
11-28-2013, 07:01 AM
I have never seen so many injuries that I have never seen 'em happen. I mean, are these guys getting hurt while commuting to practice or what?

Patler
11-28-2013, 07:11 AM
The radio broadcast announced Franklin being evaluated for a concussion just a few plays after the opening kickoff.

Bossman641
11-28-2013, 08:07 AM
I dunno what to make of Franklin. His instincts appeared very good in the Cincy game, but he has a serious fumbling problem and struggled with pass protection. If it came down to him or Dajuan I'd take Dajuan every time.

Pugger
11-28-2013, 08:07 AM
He was bad in preseason, worthless on kick returns.

But ... he had that big 100 yard game were he looked like a contender.

I gotta believe he is better than the available options. Kuhn is no RB. Starks and Lacy get hurt a lot.

Starks yes, but Lacy? He only missed games because that head hunter Merriweather speared him in the head.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 08:10 AM
I dunno what to make of Franklin. His instincts appeared very good in the Cincy game, but he has a serious fumbling problem and struggled with pass protection. If it came down to him or Dajuan I'd take Dajuan every time.

I think MM likes DuJuan Harris.

PACKERS !

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Starks yes, but Lacy? He only missed games because that head hunter Merriweather speared him in the head.
Lacy was injured in preseason. Didn't Lacy also have an injury coming out of college? Hard running backs like Starks and Lacy take a pounding and are bound to miss games.

red
11-28-2013, 09:24 AM
i think its time to mention that, after the draft, many posters on here were more excited about franklin then the lacy pick. those people were telling us that franklin would emerge as our starter, not the very boring lacy, who was only good because of his line in college

so yeah

you people know who you are

red
11-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Lacy was injured in preseason. Didn't Lacy also have an injury coming out of college? Hard running backs like Starks and Lacy take a pounding and are bound to miss games.

the word was that he had something wrong with his foot that caused some teams to be scared of picking him

it turned out he had that defect his entire life and its never bothered him

smuggler
11-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I like DuJaun also.

KYPack
11-28-2013, 10:46 AM
i think its time to mention that, after the draft, many posters on here were more excited about franklin then the lacy pick. those people were telling us that franklin would emerge as our starter, not the very boring lacy, who was only good because of his line in college

so yeah

you people know who you are

The only thing that worried me about Lacy was the spin move. I figured that he'd get killed in the NFL trying that shit.

Well, it works and I was wrong.

I'm glad to be wrong.

I'm also glad that out of the 'Bama backs, we got the most productive guy.

Carolina_Packer
11-29-2013, 07:58 AM

I'm guessing any injury at this point of the season that will time any kind of time to heal up will get you IR'd. They are so banged up, they need roster spots.

pittstang5
11-29-2013, 08:06 AM
I like DuJaun also.

It's been so long, I forgot about D. Harris. I keep forgetting about Bulaga too.