PDA

View Full Version : Memo To Ted Thompson

The Shadow
11-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Dear Ted : It is time to make some changes.

Tony Oday
11-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Coaches need to be culled. Offensive line needs vet talent.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Ted a lot of changes are needed ...as you would say:

" Moving forward... I felt it was necessary to burn down some of the sheds on the property and build anew." Ted Thompson

Maybe you could be less eloquent!? Ted !?

PA Pack Fan
11-28-2013, 02:48 PM
memo to fans: There will be no changes.

red
11-28-2013, 03:02 PM

agreed

agreed

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 03:32 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo4mlukCPApsBPvRqIsL3I9z2s51FSB D02m73qjpkqa0A166Uo1g

" Moving forward we're very pleased with this team.

We feel we have the finest coaching staff in the NFL as comparable to any other team franchise. We'll reassess the teams roster as we approach Free Agency; see where we might fill holes, as any opportunity arises. We're excited about the draft and new life blood for the team. "

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3YTk9gor3wYti2UeGwjcNuXy8ImZB0 2-GrhU3hVN0RzyjNz2n

" Hey ... have you seen Ted Thompson lately? I ain't seen em'. "

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2013, 06:27 PM
free agent spending spree!

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 07:42 PM
free agent spending spree!

Aaron Rodgers and CM III will be $chiping$ in for that?

red
11-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Aaron Rodgers and CM III will be $chiping$ in for that?

see i don't buy that bullshit for a second, they kept saying in the post game show that we were up against the cap after giving a-rod and clay big deals

i say horse shit. we're carrying 8-9 million in free cap space again this year just like we have the last few years, we just keep rolling it over and over and over again, never using it.

finley is not coming back next year, theres about 8 million saved
raji will not be back, theres another 6-7 million off the books
tramon should be gone, wheres another 9 million off the books

we should have plenty of room to add a real safety and a TE, and maybe a 3-4 MLB. in which case we can just give them either jones or hawks money

free agency is not something that we are unable to use, its something we choose not to use, then make excuses as to why we don't use it

King Friday
11-28-2013, 08:49 PM
We have plenty of money...we never overspend in free agency because we never get into free agency.

red
11-28-2013, 08:55 PM
the way i see it, we are 17 or 18 million under the cap for next year, that doesn't include any money we roll over from this year. that is letting all our free agents walk

tramon has a cap number of 9.5 million, he can go

hawk has a cap number of 6.5, he might go
jones has a cap number of 4 million, if hawk doesn't go then jones should

we're looking at, at least, 30 million in free cap space

there are guys like sam shields and james jones that it would be nice if we kept. still i see us with over 20 million in free space

use it, buy us the fucking safety we desperately need

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 09:57 PM
see i don't buy that bullshit for a second, they kept saying in the post game show that we were up against the cap after giving a-rod and clay big deals

i say horse shit. we're carrying 8-9 million in free cap space again this year just like we have the last few years, we just keep rolling it over and over and over again, never using it.

we should have plenty of room to add a real safety and a TE, and maybe a 3-4 MLB. in which case we can just give them either jones or hawks money

free agency is not something that we are unable to use, its something we choose not to use, then make excuses as to why we don't use it

I don't disagree with you. The team needs some more experienced and capable players on our roster. Drafting and developing is a big part of it but not the whole answer.

red.. Your sharp on the numbers that you quote here.

Can you sometime work up a realistic model of this projected CAP space $ available to TT for the 2014 FA period. He should know right now who goes and who stays at what exact to approximate cost.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:30 AM
Coaches need to be culled. Offensive line needs vet talent.

Er, Ted doesn't hire coaches outside of McCarthy.

Offensive line needs to get healthy. That group is a MASH unit.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:31 AM

Not during the season. But afterward? Mike has fired assistants before that weren't cutting it.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:33 AM

Where are we gonna find this safety? This incoming class isn't much better than last year and teams with good safeties don't trade them away or let them walk.

Patler
11-29-2013, 05:59 AM
There will be a lot of cap space freed up if Finley and/or Raji aren't brought back, and/or if Williams or others are let go. But, for every player who is released with an active contract, there will be some dead money . Lots of players will nave increases next year to use up much of the cap space gained; Rodgers about $6M, Matthews $4.5M, Burnett almost $2M, Sitton $1M; Lang $2M, Burnett $1.7. That uses up most of what would be gained from letting Finley and Raji walk and releasing Williams.

bobblehead
11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
I will side with Pugger in every post in this thread. The answer is not magically signing a FA. The answer is a new DC, and a healthy OL.

red
11-29-2013, 08:07 AM
There will be a lot of cap space freed up if Finley and/or Raji aren't brought back, and/or if Williams or others are let go. But, for every player who is released with an active contract, there will be some dead money . Lots of players will nave increases next year to use up much of the cap space gained; Rodgers about $6M, Matthews $4.5M, Burnett almost $2M, Sitton $1M; Lang $2M, Burnett $1.7. That uses up most of what would be gained from letting Finley and Raji walk and releasing Williams.

i took all the salary increases into account when i made my post. we have almost 10 million in free cap space right now, that will probably be rolled over to next year just like we always do.

the cap next year will be about 123 million (if it doesn't increase at all). add in the money we didn't use this year, and our adjusted cap will be somewhere around 133 million.

we have 105 million on the books for next season, that is without signing any of our free agents. so we have almost 30 million in free cap space, and thats without even getting rid of dead weight like tramon and his soon to be 10 million dollar cap hit

i got my info here

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap-hit/2014/

red
11-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Where are we gonna find this safety? This incoming class isn't much better than last year and teams with good safeties don't trade them away or let them walk.

college ranks are very week except for one guy, who we might now be able to draft.

there are a handfull of free agents that would be a nice improvement over md jennings/ mcmillian

i don't know if we need to replace burnett too, or just replace the one guy and hope that helps burnett enough for him to become serviceable

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/safety/

and not all those guys are gonna "break the bank"

red
11-29-2013, 08:13 AM
I will side with Pugger in every post in this thread. The answer is not magically signing a FA. The answer is a new DC, and a healthy OL.

i'm not saying you don't get rid of those worthless assholes too

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Er, Ted doesn't hire coaches outside of McCarthy.

Offensive line needs to get healthy. That group is a MASH unit.

Do you believe that MM has entire control over his coaching staff in terms of staying/leaving?

That Ted Thompson stays completely on the outside of MM and his staffing needs and decisions?

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 08:35 AM

$ Reality $.

The balancing of the books leaves little left in the piggy bank.

How much would you estimate will remain Patler?

NewsBruin
11-29-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm massively biased, but it would be nice for the Pack to draft Ahmad Dixon. He's gotta be an upgrade from Rodney Artmore.

Also, high-round safeties are a risk of early physical breakdown, much like athletic tight ends (although not as extreme).

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm massively biased, but it would be nice for the Pack to draft Ahmad Dixon. He's gotta be an upgrade from Rodney Artmore.

Also, high-round safeties are a risk of early physical breakdown, much like athletic tight ends (although not as extreme).

Excuse me...

Rodney Artmore !? .... This guy?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArtmRo20.htm

Patler
11-29-2013, 12:21 PM
i took all the salary increases into account when i made my post. we have almost 10 million in free cap space right now, that will probably be rolled over to next year just like we always do.

the cap next year will be about 123 million (if it doesn't increase at all). add in the money we didn't use this year, and our adjusted cap will be somewhere around 133 million.

we have 105 million on the books for next season, that is without signing any of our free agents. so we have almost 30 million in free cap space, and thats without even getting rid of dead weight like tramon and his soon to be 10 million dollar cap hit

i got my info here

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap-hit/2014/

Ya, Sportrac is pretty good with their numbers, and I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with your earlier post, as far as it goes, but the devil is always in the details.

They have GB with $9.746M cap space right now. That number will continue to go down. For example, it doesn't include Aiyewa's contract, which will drop it another $100k or so. There likely will be other signings before the year is out, so the amount rolled over is likely to be more like$9M or so.

Then, Sportrac's cap # for 2014 includes only 46 contracts. Even if you assume that the remaining 7 spots are filled with rookies at minimum salaries, it will cost $3M. But realistically, it will be more than that when you figure in the 2014 draft class. Datone Jones and Eddie Lacy alone were over $2.0M this year against the cap. So, realistically, those last 7 spots will cost $4-5M against the cap.

GB will have an effective cap # around $132M, assuming the base is $123 again.
Filling the roster will rookies will put them at around $110M. They have to keep a few million every year for contingencies, such as replacing players who go on IR. From a practical viewpoint, they have more like $20M, not $30M to play with, for signing FAs, either their own or others. This is without signing Shields, EDS. Raji, Pickett, James Jones, etc., and without releasing any big contracts.

If they do decide to release some vets, dead money amounts are:

T. Williams - $2M (leaving a potential cap saving of about $7.5M)
0Brad Jones - $2M (possible cap saving $2.0M)
A.J. Hawk - $3.2M (possible cap saving $2.95M)

Rodgers12
11-29-2013, 01:53 PM
If they do decide to release some vets, dead money amounts are:

T. Williams - $2M (leaving a potential cap saving of about $7.5M)
0Brad Jones - $2M (possible cap saving $2.0M)
A.J. Hawk - $3.2M (possible cap saving $2.95M)

Tramon Williams is gamin' right now. Charles Woodson and Al Harris proved that CBs can continue to play well well into their mid-30's. Williams is, what, 30?

I wouldn't shed a tear if Jones or Hawk or both are gone next season, though (more likely, Jones; Hawk is untouchable).

bobblehead
11-29-2013, 03:34 PM
Jones is adequate as a nickel LB, but not a starter. Ideally you could find a 3 down MLB and replace Jones or Hawk.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Jones is adequate as a nickel LB, but not a starter. Ideally you could find a 3 down MLB and replace Jones or Hawk.

Why is TT so high on Brad Jones?

We're we excited that TT brought him back this year?

His style of play is up and down and flat out he's not that athletic.

I like him ... then I don't.

I think it's time to re-assess. Take this time now and the off season and (maybe?) next season to really take stock.

WE need a healthy OL. Time to cut M. Newhouse.

WE need to ensure a backup QB.

Randall Cobb is a huge loss for us. TT needs to sign James Jones.

WE need more out of the TE position.

We need major repairs to our DL. Bye bye B.J. Raji. Thanks Ryan Pickett.

We need more in the middle at LBer. AJ Hawk is trying. Brad Jones?

We need more in our secondary. TT needs to sign Sam Shields pronto. We need more physical back there or more height/size/speed.

PACKERS!

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:14 AM

You are sending the memo to the wrong guy.

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:16 AM

And competent QB play. ;-)

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:17 AM
college ranks are very week except for one guy, who we might now be able to draft.

there are a handfull of free agents that would be a nice improvement over md jennings/ mcmillian

i don't know if we need to replace burnett too, or just replace the one guy and hope that helps burnett enough for him to become serviceable

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/safety/

Who is this kid you speak of that we could draft? I'd like to learn more about him. What safeties do you think will be FAs this offseason?

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Do you believe that MM has entire control over his coaching staff in terms of staying/leaving?

That Ted Thompson stays completely on the outside of MM and his staffing needs and decisions?

From what I understand the final coaching decisions are up to MM but I'm sure TT will give his opinions on the matter.

red
11-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Who is this kid you speak of that we can draft? I like to learn more about him.
H'sean "ha ha" clinton-dix from alabama. The guy most people feel is the only safety in the draft with first round talent

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014hclintondix.php

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:30 AM
H'sean "ha ha" clinton-dix from alabama. The guy most people feel is the only safety in the draft with first round talent

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014hclintondix.php

Oh yes, I've heard him mentioned on other Packer forums. I'll have to do some more research and watch him play. Do we have a realistic change of drafting him?

red
11-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh yes, I've heard him mentioned on other Packer forums. I'll have to do some more research and watch him play. Do we have a realistic change of drafting him?

We do if we lose a couple more games

Mock drafts have him going from #10 - #16 or so, in that range. Right now, we'd be picking in the middle somewhere around 15. So yeah, theres a chance he could be there

mr_blonde
11-30-2013, 11:39 AM
The loss of Aaron Rodgers has REALLY exposed this team.
From player personnel, to the coaching AND to the front office ... drastic changes are needed. (Hello, Mark Murphy?)

Found this posting at another Packer blog .... but I might as well have written it ....

"The Green Bay Packers have finally fallen. These last five games have proven that this organization is NOTHING without Aaron Rodgers. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson have been hiding behind their lucky star for six years and it’s finally been proven how big of a joke they are without him.

Injuries on the offensive side of the ball are understandable but when you go winless in five games without your star QB, bordering on noncompetitive, it shows just how at a loss McCarthy really is. His play calling (finally exposed for the shit that it is), the OL (accounting for injuries) is still pathetic and undeveloped — all proves that this is a bottom 5 five team without Rodgers. The coaching is horrendous, the player development a joke and even when you get these guys back from injury there is no guarantee of success with this group.

The defense. Okay, here we fucking go. If anyone wants to dispute any of this please call me xxx-xxx-xxxx. Let’s start with Dom Capers who is thee biggest fucking joke in the NFL. What improvements has this fucking tard made in a calendar year. There is virtually zero athleticism on this defensive unit. No pass rush, the LB’s are slow and CONSTANTLY out of position, the safeties are the worst in the league (hands down), Tramon Williams is cutable come next spring, where is this “improved” pass rush? Capers runs a scheme designed around speed and awareness except the unit that’s been assembled has next to to none of those attributes, this is a slow, constantly miss-matched defense that can’t stop the run or the pass. No playmakers, no adjustments, no development. AJ Hawk and Brad Jones? How much fucking longer is the great Ted Thompson going to stick with his shower buddy Hawk? How fucking pathetic is this guy?

So I come to Ted Thompson. The man who is constantly getting his dick wet for all the “great” moves he makes. Are we not seeing how “lucky” he got with Aaron Rodgers and how much of a difference one player makes to an entire organization? Thompson on the other hand has yet to improve the defense (3 years and zero adjustments), he’s yet to upgrade the offensive line (or fix it), it took him almost 6 years to draft a running back after his strategy of Brandon Jackson, James Starks, Ryan Grant failed. Now he’s stuck with the trash on defense, including Capers, running out clowns like Hawk, Jones, Nick Perry (this piece of shit is soft and shitty), MD Jennings, Morgan Burnett and Datone Jones.

Thompson is a complete piece of shit. All the talk about him being this great GM should finally be put to an end (but knowing the idiots around here, it won’t be). This team is designed around 1 player, the D is trash, the majority of the draft picks are complete busts, there is no depth, no development, no adjustments, no coaching — what am I missing here? Fuck McCarthy and Thompson, they’ve lost this team and this franchise."

bobblehead
11-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Blond, I would not be proud that I might have written that. It is wrong on nearly every level, and if I had an hour I would tear it piece by piece. I'll simply say this. I don't believe in luck. I don't believe you win a superbowl because of luck.

The opinion is ridiculously over the top. TT built a superbowl team in Seattle, and he did it here. Some crybaby fan who can't deal with disappointment and feels entitled to everything going right in his life wants to whine. When an idiot ignores the body of work and cherry picks a few facts (some that are incorrect yet) to lambast people, that person comes across...well, like the description s/he gives to everyone in the post.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
From what I understand the final coaching decisions are up to MM but I'm sure TT will give his opinions on the matter.

I believe your correct.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 06:31 PM
From player personnel, to the coaching AND to the front office ... drastic changes are needed. (Hello, Mark Murphy?)

Found this posting at another Packer blog .... but I might as well have written it ....

"The Green Bay Packers have finally fallen. These last five games have proven that this organization is NOTHING without Aaron Rodgers. Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson have been hiding behind their lucky star for six years and it’s finally been proven how big of a joke they are without him.

Injuries on the offensive side of the ball are understandable but when you go winless in five games without your star QB, bordering on noncompetitive, it shows just how at a loss McCarthy really is. His play calling (finally exposed for the shit that it is), the OL (accounting for injuries) is still pathetic and undeveloped — all proves that this is a bottom 5 five team without Rodgers. The coaching is horrendous, the player development a joke and even when you get these guys back from injury there is no guarantee of success with this group.

The defense. Okay, here we fucking go. If anyone wants to dispute any of this please call me xxx-xxx-xxxx. Let’s start with Dom Capers who is thee biggest fucking joke in the NFL. What improvements has this fucking tard made in a calendar year. There is virtually zero athleticism on this defensive unit. No pass rush, the LB’s are slow and CONSTANTLY out of position, the safeties are the worst in the league (hands down), Tramon Williams is cutable come next spring, where is this “improved” pass rush? Capers runs a scheme designed around speed and awareness except the unit that’s been assembled has next to to none of those attributes, this is a slow, constantly miss-matched defense that can’t stop the run or the pass. No playmakers, no adjustments, no development. AJ Hawk and Brad Jones? How much fucking longer is the great Ted Thompson going to stick with his shower buddy Hawk? How fucking pathetic is this guy?

So I come to Ted Thompson. The man who is constantly getting his dick wet for all the “great” moves he makes. Are we not seeing how “lucky” he got with Aaron Rodgers and how much of a difference one player makes to an entire organization? Thompson on the other hand has yet to improve the defense (3 years and zero adjustments), he’s yet to upgrade the offensive line (or fix it), it took him almost 6 years to draft a running back after his strategy of Brandon Jackson, James Starks, Ryan Grant failed. Now he’s stuck with the trash on defense, including Capers, running out clowns like Hawk, Jones, Nick Perry (this piece of shit is soft and shitty), MD Jennings, Morgan Burnett and Datone Jones.

Thompson is a complete piece of shit. All the talk about him being this great GM should finally be put to an end (but knowing the idiots around here, it won’t be). This team is designed around 1 player, the D is trash, the majority of the draft picks are complete busts, there is no depth, no development, no adjustments, no coaching — what am I missing here? Fuck McCarthy and Thompson, they’ve lost this team and this franchise."

Whoever posted that piece of garbage is a shitty classless stupid moron. That post offers less than nothing in terms related to a persuasive argument.

This is coming from a Packer fan that's far from the sideline of groupies that absolutely love Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy. From those Packer fans that see nothing but our GM and HC and the misconception that their $money$.... winners.

Rutnstrut
12-01-2013, 07:52 PM

The average fan could see after LAST YEAR that one of the answers was a new DC, yet stubby and TT did nothing. They are happy with living in the past and reliving their one superbowl win.

pbmax
12-01-2013, 11:24 PM

Yeah, he has tried to play faster on 1st and 2nd down but its not working. Still like him in coverage but he doesn't have a backup contract now. Disappointed, thought he would figure it out.

pbmax
12-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I am pretty sure M3 does not have final say over coaches only because I don't think the GM (any GM with leverage) would write that into a contract. Its not the norm. But I do believe T2 does defer to McCarthy on this. McGinn tried to insinuate that Thompson had a to do list and getting rid of Sanders was on it, but like bigger and tougher, Ted didn't seem to get the memo.

Know what the Defense needs? Speed. Saw the Washington and New York game tonight and lots of tackles were made by defenders crashing into O players by just catching up to them or hitting them in the open field before the O could juke them. Speed kills. Lotta tackles after catches made in that game that you do not see when Green Bay is playing D.

Bretsky
12-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Yeah, he has tried to play faster on 1st and 2nd down but its not working. Still like him in coverage but he doesn't have a backup contract now. Disappointed, thought he would figure it out.

Is he J.A.G. Jones in your book now as well ? I was flipping back earlier this season but I'm back now.

The dude is a good backup who we gave starters money to because IMO we overvalued our own

We can point to the Walden contract as some justification but to me that's not a deal any of us think was fair

pbmax
12-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Is he J.A.G. Jones in your book now as well ? I was flipping back earlier this season but I'm back now.

The dude is a good backup who we gave starters money to because IMO we overvalued our own

We can point to the Walden contract as some justification but to me that's not a deal any of us think was fair

Its a tough call. He definitely has not improved enough to be a first rate starter. There are times he flashes, gets into the backfield faster than Hawk and makes a play. Other times he still seems a step slow to diagnose. In coverage I like him. Outside of possible blown coverages, the worst of his i can remember was a couple weeks back when he was "beaten" by a step by a TE but still close enough in trail to force a tight window throw that was just past the TEs fingers.

If he was on his rookie deal, I would be clamoring to develop him and give him a second year of starting reps (third overall at the position) because he is still learning a new position. Now, he's expensive enough they might not be able to do that. And I would be hard pressed to convince anyone he is worth more time AND money. He will stay unless they have a better guy, higher in the draft, fall into their lap. Lattimore probably gets a chance as well.

Smidgeon
12-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Blond, I would not be proud that I might have written that. It is wrong on nearly every level, and if I had an hour I would tear it piece by piece. I'll simply say this. I don't believe in luck. I don't believe you win a superbowl because of luck.

The opinion is ridiculously over the top. TT built a superbowl team in Seattle, and he did it here. Some crybaby fan who can't deal with disappointment and feels entitled to everything going right in his life wants to whine. When an idiot ignores the body of work and cherry picks a few facts (some that are incorrect yet) to lambast people, that person comes across...well, like the description s/he gives to everyone in the post.

Repped.

I appreciate your posts more and more.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Who is this kid you speak of that we could draft? I'd like to learn more about him. What safeties do you think will be FAs this offseason?

What safeties do you think will be FAs this offseason?... Pugger

>>> Here Pugger >>> http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/safety/

See ** red's Post that you responded to:

** http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/safety/

Zool
12-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Words.....
More words....
More words.......

Either a troll or an idiot. Either way you're a jackwagon not worthy of an internet connection.

See other/better replies to your shit for an actual rebuttal.

Fritz
12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I am pretty sure M3 does not have final say over coaches only because I don't think the GM (any GM with leverage) would write that into a contract. Its not the norm. But I do believe T2 does defer to McCarthy on this. McGinn tried to insinuate that Thompson had a to do list and getting rid of Sanders was on it, but like bigger and tougher, Ted didn't seem to get the memo.

Know what the Defense needs? Speed. Saw the Washington and New York game tonight and lots of tackles were made by defenders crashing into O players by just catching up to them or hitting them in the open field before the O could juke them. Speed kills. Lotta tackles after catches made in that game that you do not see when Green Bay is playing D.

As I have said before, and I am saying again, the defense has been a huge, huge, disappointment to me.

I understand the offense blowing chunks. You cycle through three backups - well, any one of them, and about 30 of the 32 league backups would give you a very mediocre showing compared to the starter. So I get that. And throw in the clusterfuck of injuries to the offense - EDS lately, Finley, Cobb, Barclay - and I can understand why points have been so hard to come by.

And I understand that when the other team has a TOP advantage as big as it's been, the defense may not be able to hold up all the time. However, this defense looks like they need to be competing in Pop Warner, not the NFL. The defensive line gets shoved around now, the linebackers are slow, the defensive backfield can't seem to tackle.

But I don't know enough to know if it's the coaching or coaches, or if it's a lack of talent, or what it is. Thompson's invested in the defense in terms of the draft, but they continue to suck.

What is the problem? Just a lack of speed? That and something else? Or something else?

God this is maddening.

Honestly, if they had the same record but lost all these games by scores like 17-16 or 19-10 or something, I'd be frustrated for sure, but I'd be able to write it off as the injuries on offense. I could live with that. But this defense laying down like a three penny whore, well, I can't stand that. I can't figure it out.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 02:01 PM
This is actually when teams make move that look good initially, and then backfire. A new scheme by a proven guy would immediately look better (if its any kind of personnel fit) because no one would know what to expect. The 2nd year would be the adventure.

So perhaps they should change the scheme once a year.

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
This is actually when teams make move that look good initially, and then backfire. A new scheme by a proven guy would immediately look better (if its any kind of personnel fit) because no one would know what to expect. The 2nd year would be the adventure.

So perhaps they should change the scheme once a year.

Denver did that for several years at the end of Shanny's time here. He'd fire the DC and start over the following year. It didn't work out so well.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Ted:

Will you pleaahh..ahh...ss do sss ... sss...umph ...phh ... th ...th... uhh.. nnn.

Heaa...eaa..lll..p ... plll...pll...sss ...

HELP Pleasss !

red
12-02-2013, 03:47 PM
In a lot of these threads i see people saying the offense is down because a-rod is out

Lets not forget that our offense looked to be having an "off" year even before a rod and cobb went down

And things might not just get magically better once a rod gets back because things were not all that great before the injury

Pugger
12-02-2013, 03:53 PM
In a lot of these threads i see people saying the offense is down because a-rod is out

Lets not forget that our offense looked to be having an "off" year even before a rod and cobb went down

And things might not just get magically better once a rod gets back because things were not all that great before the injury

The offense might not have been clicking at 2011/2012 levels but it was good enough for us to be 5-2 before The Injury.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 04:06 PM
The offense might not have been clicking at 2011/2012 levels but it was good enough for us to be 5-2 before The Injury.

Of course you noted :

That the Packers with Aaron Rodgers lost those two games Vs two playoff bound teams:

The San Francisco 49ers (8-4) and Cincinnati Bengals (8-4).

Merely edged another team 19-17 or the Baltimore Ravens (6-6) that's * still in contention for a playoff berth in the AFC.

You learn from the loss's and 'almost loss's' not the big wins.

Who did the Packers defeat with Aaron Rodgers?

Washington (3-9) OUT ! ; Minny (3-8-1) OUT ! ; Cleveland (4-8) OUT ! Those teams have a combined 10-25-1 record. Not exactly anything they would cheer about. Do Packer fans cheer defeating such teams? I certainly don't.

The Packers defeated the Detroit Lions 22-9 (7-5)* on 6 Oct. 2013 with Calvin Johnson out of the lineup.

The Lions are leading the NFCN today and the Packers (5-6-1) in 3rd place ahead of the Vikings.

I want more and certainly the potential for more.

What the Green Bay Packers did last week or last month / last year or two years ago or in the last two decades means diddly squat to me and what we can count on to do this week or next month/year in the NFL.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
12-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Ted:

Will you pleaahh..ahh...ss do sss ... sss...umph ...phh ... th ...th... uhh.. nnn.

Heaa...eaa..lll..p ... plll...pll...sss ...

HELP Pleasss !

Dear Canadian Authorities:

The cold has gotten to woodbuck and we are concerned. Please send someone to check on him soon.

Sincerely,

PackerRats

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Dear Canadian Authorities:

The cold has gotten to woodbuck and we are concerned. Please send someone to check on him soon.

Sincerely,

PackerRats

At times like this you can cry and moan and knash your teeth and wince in pain and blow up and get pissed angry or...

You can simply have some fun with it.

Laugh your tits off.