PDA

View Full Version : season over...

gbgary
11-28-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm usually an optimist but it's like the light went out when Rodgers went down. Even with the injuries they were playing pretty well, had won what...3 or 4 in a row, were in 1st place. The d was playing well. We were thinking maybe there was something special brewing. Rodgers goes down and it changed everything. They're just wanting to finish the season now. Get the games over with. They've allowed 200 yds rushing in 3 of their last 4 games. They'd only allowed 474 in their first 6. The team is there in body only...brains and heart are gone for the most part.

red
11-28-2013, 03:18 PM
we're getting worse every week.

too many guys on this team quit when a-rod went down

IMO, you figure out who those guys are and you get them the hell off the team

i saw one guy towards the end of the game that still had some fight and was trying to light a fire under every ones asses on the sideline, jolly

gbgary
11-28-2013, 03:29 PM
James Jones kept working today too. That's why I said "for the most part."

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 03:37 PM
NO .... https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0M3qiAdQz_hUpu1a4KPgpG17FdBINm ZcJrKPLonJQZIm3JrU8

Fu...Fuu...Fuuuc ... Fuuccc ... http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSE9WYG8Uvh-uWKCTEUNfLkTMRfCLQJcPaQkMOA_YJYPvl-VxSiQ

Infamous
11-28-2013, 04:20 PM
run d is worse element

King Friday
11-28-2013, 04:24 PM
For those who want Capers gone, he's looking like a goner at this point.

denverYooper
11-28-2013, 04:45 PM

I wonder... Maybe they should allow one of the younger coaches step up to DC to see if they have anything there before next year.

denverYooper
11-28-2013, 04:49 PM
By the way, did we have a ruling on "Fire Capers" threads?

Gameday?

Guiness
11-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Rodgers going down really exposed this team. The total ineffectiveness on offense is sickening, I don't know why. Is is game planning? Offensive line? Nelson, Jones and Boykin have played well. Lacy was looking like a OROY candidate. Shouldn't they be able to come up with a way to move the ball and score with that?

At first you don't think the loss of Rodgers affects the D, but then you look at a game like this one - if those Det turnovers result in points, the complexion of the game changes, and if the Pack wins, all is forgiven on the defensive side. We all rave about the 'big plays' they got with the turnovers, and don't worry about the inability to stop a draw on 3rd and 9.

The Pack has some serious thinking to do tomorrow. No point in bringing Rodgers back if he's not 100%. Some are saying he might as well head to the IR, and I think I agree.

Upnorth
11-28-2013, 07:27 PM
This team is built to be a front runner, but without Rodgers we can't get the points to get in front. Long story short wist was right in a lot of ways.
Jolly gave the d a huge lift but not enough to over come our lack of offence

digitaldean
11-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree regarding Capers. They haven't adjusted properly. They did make big plays. The offense didn't do their job, period. But they still got gashed. They made Ross look all-pro. They still had the prerequisite play of 2 pass defenders run into each other in coverage.

Talent on the d-line hasn't been stellar since after the Ravens game. Expect to see a lot of D-Line turnover.

Freak Out
11-28-2013, 07:43 PM
We all knew if Rodgers went down for any length of time it was over....no backup QB and marginal D. Let him heal up and see what happens....you never know if the Bears and Lions will choke out. :)

Badgerinmaine
11-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Jolly gave the d a huge lift but not enough to over come our lack of offence
True, but I'm still not giving him a pass for not getting to the sideline in time on the 12 men on the field penalty.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 07:48 PM
True, but I'm still not giving him a pass for not getting to the sideline in time on the 12 men on the field penalty.

He's a wall not a stage on wheels.

LEWCWA
11-28-2013, 08:08 PM
James Jones kept working today too. That's why I said "for the most part."

Jones is still playing for something $$

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I would like to see the Packers treat the rest of 2013 as preseason for the 2014 team. Sit Rodgers another week, at least. Start Sherrod at RT and let him sink or swim. Play Tolzien to see if he is worth bringing back. Don't grind Lacy into hamburger, limit him to 25 snaps a game. Let Pickett go into semi-retirement. Play Worthy, Boyd and Jones on D line for better or worse.

LEWCWA
11-28-2013, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't be against that.

red
11-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I would like to see the Packers treat the rest of 2013 as preseason for the 2014 team. Sit Rodgers another week, at least. Start Sherrod at RT and let him sink or swim. Play Tolzien to see if he is worth bringing back. Don't grind Lacy into hamburger, limit him to 25 snaps a game. Let Pickett go into semi-retirement. Play Worthy, Boyd and Jones on D line for better or worse.

i'm pretty sure that would be considered "giving up" and would be frowned upon by most

TravisWilliams23
11-28-2013, 08:48 PM
These are the times that try men's souls.......and Packer fans who just witnessed an asswhoopin'. Is this team really THAT bad without Rodgers or is Rodgers really THAT good? I've read stories of what a great motivational coach MM is and yada yada yada but this year we keep seeing the same shit week in and week out. When's SOMEONE going to be held accountable for the piss pore play? Players, coach, GM, anyone?

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 08:51 PM
i'm pretty sure that would be considered "giving up" and would be frowned upon by most

What ...some common sense would be frowned upon here!?

MM won't change things up a lot. I'm not even sure if he has the imagination to get there.

I just hope that AR is handled exactly 100% correctly for his and our future as Packer fans that deserve to see our team play it's best.

Upnorth
11-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Tolziens first game MM did a masterful job of play calling, other than that not so much.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Jones is still playing for something $$

I hope that he gets $it$ too.

run pMc
11-28-2013, 08:53 PM

+1.
Even Jacksonville has pulled out a couple of wins lately. You don't give up and tank the season...M3 would lose the team and would be let go.
You don't play some of the young guys before they are ready...there's the risk you ruin their confidence. It's up to the player, and the coaches know that best (well, better than most fans do).

Besides, the Bears are still on the schedule. Packers better suck it up and beat them to a pulp.

Joemailman
11-28-2013, 09:00 PM
You play to win at least until you are eliminated from playoffs. That won't be for a couple more weeks at least. Crazy as it may sound after what happened today, the Packers could still win this division if Rodgers comes back for the last 4 games.

red
11-28-2013, 09:34 PM
You play to win at least until you are eliminated from playoffs. That won't be for a couple more weeks at least. Crazy as it may sound after what happened today, the Packers could still win this division if Rodgers comes back for the last 4 games.

he's not coming back joe, at least not for another 2 games

Carolina_Packer
11-28-2013, 11:27 PM

Even though Capers never had to tackle anyone, or shed a block, or fill the correct gap, or play the correct leverage technique in coverage, he will likely pay for the regression of the defense and lose his job. The buck has to stop with someone, and you can't get rid of all the players.

It's an odd thing. There are several examples of pathetic defenses who get a new coordinator, get a couple of guys back healthy, add a few new pieces and then are competitive again. See Saints this year with Rob Ryan. A different voice, a new year, some weaker/under-performing talent replaced, some guys back 100% healthy, some new talent infused, and a new, better attitude and leadership from a new DC...could be just what is needed to create a turn-around of our defense's fortunes.

I think the D has further to go to be repaired, but I think they have some talent...just add a different voice/leadership and they might make a turn-around.

The offense just needs Rodgers and Cobb, and some good health on the o-line, and they could be back to form, which obviously helps the D.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Even though Capers never had to tackle anyone, or shed a block, or fill the correct gap, or play the correct leverage technique in coverage, he will likely pay for the regression of the defense and lose his job. The buck has to stop with someone, and you can't get rid of all the players.

It's an odd thing. There are several examples of pathetic defenses who get a new coordinator, get a couple of guys back healthy, add a few new pieces and then are competitive again. See Saints this year with Rob Ryan. A different voice, a new year, some weaker/under-performing talent replaced, some guys back 100% healthy, some new talent infused, and a new, better attitude and leadership from a new DC...could be just what is needed to create a turn-around of our defense's fortunes.

I think the D has further to go to be repaired, but I think they have some talent...just add a different voice/leadership and they might make a turn-around.

The offense just needs Rodgers and Cobb, and some good health on the o-line, and they could be back to form, which obviously helps the D.

I agree with you. Good post.

Rodgers12
11-28-2013, 11:40 PM

I like your optimism, but chances are, the Packers have dug themselves too deep a hole. 5-10-1 sure as heck looks better than, say, 7-8-1 on the draft standing.

Maybe the Packers oughta tank the season. Sometimes you have gotta take a step back to move forward. A top 10 pick in the 1st round (not to mention top 10 picks in subsequent rounds) would mean Ted Thompson might finally land that elusive shutdown corner or hotshot ILB or hard-hittin' safety or the Claymaker's sidekick. Heck, I wouldn't mind drafting a Calvin Johnson clone.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 11:55 PM
I like your optimism, but chances are, the Packers have dug themselves too deep a hole. 5-10-1 sure as heck looks better than, say, 7-8-1 on the draft standing.

Maybe the Packers oughta tank the season. Sometimes you have gotta take a step back to move forward. A top 10 pick in the 1st round (not to mention top 10 picks in subsequent rounds) would mean Ted Thompson might finally land that elusive shutdown corner or hotshot ILB or hard-hittin' safety or the Claymaker's sidekick. Heck, I wouldn't mind drafting a Calvin Johnson clone.

We don't use that word 'Tank' do we... in Packer Nation?

As a die hard Packer fan.... don't you like your team to go ..... 'ALL IN'. :grin:

" Heck, I wouldn't mind drafting a Calvin Johnson clone. " Rodgers12

My first reaction when I read this comment was :

Does Rodgers12 have a space ship to pilot for TT? To explore the unknown ... in strange and unfamiliar places.

Otherwise ... where in the Universe would TT find a Calvin Johnson clone?

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Rodgers going down really exposed this team. The total ineffectiveness on offense is sickening, I don't know why. Is is game planning? Offensive line? Nelson, Jones and Boykin have played well. Lacy was looking like a OROY candidate. Shouldn't they be able to come up with a way to move the ball and score with that?

At first you don't think the loss of Rodgers affects the D, but then you look at a game like this one - if those Det turnovers result in points, the complexion of the game changes, and if the Pack wins, all is forgiven on the defensive side. We all rave about the 'big plays' they got with the turnovers, and don't worry about the inability to stop a draw on 3rd and 9.

The Pack has some serious thinking to do tomorrow. No point in bringing Rodgers back if he's not 100%. Some are saying he might as well head to the IR, and I think I agree.

This all day long.

I think Rodgers will be back for Atlanta and I hope he is. Even if he brings a spark back this team needs success soon. There is a cloud of doom over this squad and a couple of wins might be just the elixir we need. They say winning is a habit but losing can be too and we have to nip this in the bud now even tho we are not going to the playoffs.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:15 AM
These are the times that try men's souls.......and Packer fans who just witnessed an asswhoopin'. Is this team really THAT bad without Rodgers or is Rodgers really THAT good? I've read stories of what a great motivational coach MM is and yada yada yada but this year we keep seeing the same shit week in and week out. When's SOMEONE going to be held accountable for the piss pore play? Players, coach, GM, anyone?

The last time we had defensive issues like this MM fired his DC in 2009.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:17 AM
he's not coming back joe, at least not for another 2 games

I suspect he'll be back for the Atlanta game. Just a gut feeling.

bobblehead
11-29-2013, 07:29 AM

I never got paid to play, but you NEVER could have talked me into tanking a single play. If you got guys on your roster that can be talked into tanking, you need to cut them.

red
11-29-2013, 08:33 AM

have to been paying attention to what a-rod and m3 have been saying this week?

he's not coming back until he's 100% healed. he risks permanent damage if it takes another hit there without it being healed up

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Do you want him back Pugger?

He won't be back until 100% 'medically' cleared.

We don't want him back except for that clearance.

I'm surprized that your posting that even with him back Vs Atlanta the Packers won't make the play off's.

We sit 5-6-1 and 4 W = 9-6-1.

The Lions sit 7-5 >>> and 2 X L and 2 X W = 9 - 7.

In that scenario we trump the Lions.

A huge game for the Bears (6-5) this week @ Minny. Their in the picture as well.

It's NOT over until it's over.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 10:47 AM
This all day long.

I think Rodgers will be back for Atlanta and I hope he is. Even if he brings a spark back this team needs success soon. There is a cloud of doom over this squad and a couple of wins might be just the elixir we need. They say winning is a habit but losing can be too and we have to nip this in the bud now even tho we are not going to the playoffs.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8Az5DoUiuGG7kRnBLErVsheDtfHmzn uPGH9PzBWpO_75yrz0Z

Wha.... :whaa:

Guiness
11-29-2013, 12:14 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8Az5DoUiuGG7kRnBLErVsheDtfHmzn uPGH9PzBWpO_75yrz0Z

Wha.... :whaa:

?

Guiness
11-29-2013, 12:18 PM
We all knew if Rodgers went down for any length of time it was over....no backup QB and marginal D. Let him heal up and see what happens....you never know if the Bears and Lions will choke out. :)

We knew that Rodgers going down would cause this team some tough times, but I don't think many of us thought the result would be a winless record over 5 games, with Minnesota and the Giants on the schedule, and Philly wasn't looking too good at that point either.

denverYooper
11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
We knew that Rodgers going down would cause this team some tough times, but I don't think many of us thought the result would be a winless record over 5 games, with Minnesota and the Giants on the schedule, and Philly wasn't looking too good at that point either.

Yeah, TBH I thought they could go ~.500 without Rodgers. Boy was I wrong.

Rodgers12
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM
I never got paid to play, but you NEVER could have talked me into tanking a single play. If you got guys on your roster that can be talked into tanking, you need to cut them.

Talked into tanking? Perhaps not. Implied tanking? Sure. Coaches do that all the time. They simply bench or IR the majority of players that give them the best chance to win in favor of young, inexperienced backups.

Tolzien sucks but maybe its time to revive the Scott Tolzien Project.

Old School
11-29-2013, 02:16 PM
The thought of AR coming back with EDS maybe being out and Marshal Shithouse playing scares the bejeebers out of me. Sticking our necks out for a couple of what could be meaningless W's could jeopardize next year as well. Throwing the face of the franchise to the wolves strikes me as being a fools errand.

denverYooper
11-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I'll feel uneasy about Rodgers playing out too, but if he's cleared he's going to go. Don't forget, the defense is going to play things differently with him in the game. He gives them a ton more to think about, especially if Lacy is out there with him.

Harlan Huckleby
11-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I'm disappointed that there isn't going to be a Packer game on Sunday. It doesn't seem like Thursday's clash of titans should count as our weekly allotment. Or maybe it is something like the old joke about the bad restaurant, "The food is disgusting, but at least the portions are large."

red
11-29-2013, 03:59 PM
this feels like a bye week, and i think the players treated it like one

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 12:00 AM

Seriously give this post some thought:

Bringing Aaron Rodgers back now and losing on 'D' and ... losing. ie Atlanta

Very well might open up a brand new 'can of worms'.

If I was TT and/or MM. I'd be extremely hesitant about any rush to allowing Aaron Rodgers back behind center.

Such a move opens up the possibility of 'too big a reveal'.

Best advice from this Packer fan:

Keep AR out as the team looks right now.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 12:04 AM
The thought of AR coming back with EDS maybe being out and Marshal Shithouse playing scares the bejeebers out of me. Sticking our necks out for a couple of what could be meaningless W's could jeopardize next year as well. Throwing the face of the franchise to the wolves strikes me as being a fools errand.

E X A C T L Y .

W I S D O M.

E N D ...... OF ...... S T O R Y.

MadScientist
11-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Put Rodgers on IR. I don't see any good coming from him playing this year. 5-10-1 should set up a good draft. Also motivate the players by saying if they don't step up their game, the draft picks will take their roster spots. It's a 4-week tryout for roster spots next year.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Put Rodgers on IR. I don't see any good coming from him playing this year. 5-10-1 should set up a good draft. Also motivate the players by saying if they don't step up their game, the draft picks will take their roster spots. It's a 4-week tryout for roster spots next year.

Yup and MM has to send that message.

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:12 AM
this feels like a bye week, and i think the players treated it like one

If any group of players needed a break its our guys. We've played 9 games in a row and had fellas dropping like flies every week since Family Night.

gbpfan
11-30-2013, 10:46 AM
HI all Im new here. This game was awful did'nt think a win. But did'nt think a loss like this I feel the reason Arod makes a differince is because he knows how to ajust to the poor frount we have.Flynn or Tolzine have not fiqured that out yet 7 sacks is a lot d-line have know idea was just a sad day.

cheesner
11-30-2013, 11:13 AM
HI all Im new here. This game was awful did'nt think a win. But did'nt think a loss like this I feel the reason Arod makes a differince is because he knows how to ajust to the poor frount we have.Flynn or Tolzine have not fiqured that out yet 7 sacks is a lot d-line have know idea was just a sad day.
Welcome. Grammar police not appreciated around here - but simple things like punctuation and sentence structure make things more readable.

I hope they don't throw in the towel on the season. We all have to keep in mind who is in our Division. Bears and Lions are historical late season collapses. Would not be shocked if we won out and we still won the North. But, the big thing is, we should try to win every game just because that should be the attitude from the top of the organization down through the lowest member of the team.

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Welcome. Grammar police not appreciated around here - but simple things like punctuation and sentence structure make things more readable.

If grammar police are not appreciated, why are you making a citizen's arrest?

The owner of this forum couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him a c and an a, gbpfan will do just fine here. In fact he's already demonstrated the stuff of a packerrats moderator.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 07:29 PM

I hope they don't throw in the towel on the season. We all have to keep in mind who is in our Division. Bears and Lions are historical late season collapses. Would not be shocked if we won out and we still won the North. But, the big thing is, we should try to win every game just because that should be the attitude from the top of the organization down through the lowest member of the team.

cheesner:

No need to apologize before you post.

It's OK... and you do very well.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 07:33 PM

The owner of this forum couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him a c and an a, gbpfan will do just fine here. In fact he's already demonstrated the stuff of a packerrats moderator.

hahahahahaha

Humor X 10.

We were always 'the best' HH.

Do you remember the night way back when (2005) when you and I took on Deputy Nutz and Skin and tore them a new one?

Those were the days. A funny showdown. A kinda prelude to how I envisioned... The Meadow.

Except that the Meadow is ... the debate from HELL.

The Huck and Buck Show ... take on The World.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 07:39 PM

Welcome gbpfan:

I'm from Eastern Canada so I get your post.

Riiight onnn !!!! ...... wit tha .... also.

Know these guys gbpfan ? Their my neighbors:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLqa1u2guZiFJagN0BoAKlDt9aqtXqY zxL33CVREbcYXQb6I34

denverYooper
12-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

For #Packers, if Rodgers can’t go this week & they have no chance at the playoffs, source said it’s possible Rodgers is shut down for 2013

Patler
12-01-2013, 08:23 AM

For #Packers, if Rodgers can’t go this week & they have no chance at the playoffs, source said it’s possible Rodgers is shut down for 2013

If and when the Packers are eliminated from the playoff race, there is no reason to bring him back unless he is absolutely 100%. If he isn't and they put him on IR it will eliminate the temptation late in the season. There will be no reason to bring Cobb back either. At that point, they will start playing Datone Jones, Boyd, Richardson, Bostick and others more

gbgary
12-01-2013, 09:09 AM
his source said rodgers would be lucky to play this week and if they lose he WOULD be shut down. the source is a blogger @rapsheet. need a better source than that. I just can't believe they'd shut him down for a collar bone.

cheesner
12-01-2013, 09:33 AM

The owner of this forum couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him a c and an a, gbpfan will do just fine here. In fact he's already demonstrated the stuff of a packerrats moderator.lol. okay. but there is a point where having sum grammer and proper word useage makes what you right more readable and ewe are enable to convey your information in a better manner and won must think that the hole purpose in righting something is that you wish to convey some information so that why not make it easier on the reader to understand what you are trying to say and personally i had to read that particular post a couple of times to understand what he was trying to say

cheesner
12-01-2013, 09:36 AM
If and when the Packers are eliminated from the playoff race, there is no reason to bring him back unless he is absolutely 100%. If he isn't and they put him on IR it will eliminate the temptation late in the season. There will be no reason to bring Cobb back either. At that point, they will start playing Datone Jones, Boyd, Richardson, Bostick and others more
The post said 'it is possible' of course it is possible. This sounds like mere speculation to me.

denverYooper
12-01-2013, 09:37 AM
his source said rodgers would be lucky to play this week and if they lose he WOULD be shut down. the source is a blogger @rapsheet. need a better source than that. I just can't believe they'd shut him down for a collar bone.

Rappapport's source was someone else, and RapSheet works for NFLNetwork.

The "source" could be a scout, or McGinn, or another blogger, sure. It wouldn't surprise me if this were true though. Rodgers has mentioned that there's been constant discussion over risk/reward scenarios regarding when he comes back from the injury. If there is no more reward (SB), then there is no point taking on any risk at all, from their perspective. At that point, there is more reward in Rodgers making sure the collarbone is completely healed for the rest of his career and getting a sober accounting of the team around him.

gbgary
12-01-2013, 09:47 AM
lol. okay. but there is a point where having sum grammer and proper word useage makes what you right more readable and ewe are enable to convey your information in a better manner and won must think that the hole purpose in righting something is that you wish to convey some information so that why not make it easier on the reader to understand what you are trying to say and personally i had to read that particular post a couple of times to understand what he was trying to say

lol

denverYooper
12-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Besides, it might have been a real eye opener for him when the team couldn't win a damn game without him. He's got to have a lot of doubt as to whether they have a playoff caliber team this year.

Carolina_Packer
12-01-2013, 10:11 AM
There's giving up and knowing when it's time to call it a season. I hope the medical staff would only clear him to play if the risk for further injury to the same collarbone were minimal. Of course, they can't guarantee anything. Rodgers himself is not going to risk his career, if that's even a risk here. Not for the last quarter of a season. It's one thing to take a risk and play when you know all the team needs is a main ingredient back in the mix, and then it's full steam ahead.

Is the defense going to start playing together better and play more like they are capable of playing (first Detroit game, first half of Cincinnati, Baltimore), or are they going to continue to play like they have for the past few weeks, getting carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey? No doubt a high-functioning Rodgers back in the line-up to make the offense go, score points and make the other team have to try and keep up, possibly getting them out of their game. That used to play into the D's hands from a turnover margin standpoint, but when you can't stop the run, it's hard to generate a pass rush because you're losing the down and distance battle.

Also, with all the shuffling of the offensive line because of injuries, plus Rodgers injuries, you have to account for the team's ability to protect Rodgers and for him to be able to protect himself from further injury.

As bad as this campaign has turned out, I still keep thinking, this is the NFL, look at recent teams (within the last 5 years) and how many of them were garbage back then and where they are now. We just need to get healthy, re-group, create more competition in camp next year, change defensive coaching leadership (message clearly being tuned out, and welcome worn out, and while not entirely his fault, it is ultimately his responsibility). We don't have as far to go as some of those teams have come in 5 or less years, so the Packers can find a winning formula for success, that includes having a consistently good defense. Funny how basically the same players with a different voice at the top can make the difference (see Rob Ryan in New Orleans this year).

Patler
12-01-2013, 10:12 AM

An article I read this weekend reminded me that a few years ago Tony Romo was out 10 weeks for a broken collar bone. One guy noted that it all depends on blood flow to the area of the break, and some people simply do not have a lot of blood flow in some areas of their collar bones. Cracks or breaks there can take a long time to heal.

As for the danger - it was pointed out that a severe break, which could occur if not healed fully, can involve major ligament damage, and the left shoulder ligaments provide the stability and base for right-handed throws. Damage to those ligaments could affect Rodgers' throwing.

Apparently he got away with nothing significant long term, just bones that need to heal. But, rushing it could cause longer term problems. The way things have gone this season, there doesn't seem to be much reason to take any chances with him at all.

gbgary
12-01-2013, 10:28 AM
well...it must be a much worse break than we've been led to believe.

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 11:17 AM
lol. okay. but there is a point where having sum grammer and proper word useage makes what you right more readable and ewe are enable to convey your information in a better manner and won must think that the hole purpose in righting something is that you wish to convey some information so that why not make it easier on the reader to understand what you are trying to say and personally i had to read that particular post a couple of times to understand what he was trying to say

Another thing after observation:

Who wants to have to go for a flu shot and grammar shot at this time of year.

It looks to me like an epidemic of grammar disease is already upon us.

Patler
12-01-2013, 11:20 AM
well...it must be a much worse break than we've been led to believe.

No. not really. One article said a relatively minor crack can take as long or longer than a complete break. You just never know how long it will take until you observe the healing process. It could take 3-4 weeks, or 8-10 weeks.

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 11:20 AM

I'll be very surprized if we see Aaron Rodgers back this week.

I won't be surprized if he doesn't play another snap this season.

bobblehead
12-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Source was a 13 year old he talked to on his walk to school. I don't buy it, he is speculating at something any one of us could guess. It may be true, but I highly doubt anyone in the organization told him so.

bobblehead
12-01-2013, 06:39 PM

digitaldean
12-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Per WBAY-TV's (Green Bay) Facebook page....
Contrary to an earlier report, ‪#‎Packers‬ quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he will be ready to go for next Sunday's game against Atlanta.

Earlier this morning, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Packers could shut down Aaron Rodgers if the team falls out of playoff contention.

But Fox Sports Anchor/Reporter Kyle Montgomery says Rodgers personally told him, "I'll be back and ready to go Sunday."

For what it's worth.....

red
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I really think its stupid for him to play this week

We have almost no chance afte the 49ers just won

We would have to win our last 4 games, and have either the 49ers or lions, who are both playing well, lose their last 4 games

Slim to no chance right now

I see only one reason for rodgers to play before he's 100%, and that is so the team finishes strong to save his coaches asses

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I really think its stupid for him to play this week

We have almost no chance afte the 49ers just won

We would have to win our last 4 games, and have either the 49ers or lions, who are both playing well, lose their last 4 games

Slim to no chance right now

I see only one reason for rodgers to play before he's 100%, and that is so the team finishes strong to save his coaches asses

If the Packers win out, they only need the Lions to lose twice to win the division.

red
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
If the Packers win out, they only need the Lions to lose twice to win the division.
Dont they also own a tie-breaker?

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Per WBAY-TV's (Green Bay) Facebook page....
Contrary to an earlier report, ‪#‎Packers‬ quarterback Aaron Rodgers says he will be ready to go for next Sunday's game against Atlanta.

Earlier this morning, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Packers could shut down Aaron Rodgers if the team falls out of playoff contention.

But Fox Sports Anchor/Reporter Kyle Montgomery says Rodgers personally told him, "I'll be back and ready to go Sunday."

For what it's worth.....

I'm wondering.....

I'm not sure he can just say that and make it stick.

Doesn't he need a doctor or medically certified release informing Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers that he's 100% healed and fully ready to prepare to and start again?

PACKERS!

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Dont they also own a tie-breaker?

The Packers have a tie in their won/loss record. Unless the Lions tie a game, they won't need to go to tie-breakers.

red
12-01-2013, 08:04 PM
The Packers have a tie in their won/loss record. Unless the Lions tie a game, they won't need to go to tie-breakers.

I guess that s true isnt it

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

pbmax
12-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Its astonishing how much complaining on the live tackling/hitting thread there is about how teams, esp. the Packers play it too safe.

But here, half the posters want Rodgers on IR for an injury that will be fully healed in 0-3 weeks.

Matthews is playing in a cast he should only see in 2 weeks (should have still been a club). Rodgers will play again this year though being out of contention would muddy the water a bit.

pbmax
12-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Then again, maybe Dr. red was right about eight weeks ...

An NFL orthopedist told Press-Gazette Media’s Pete Dougherty this weekend they would prefer to take a minimum of eight weeks with fractured collarbones, but added they hadn’t seen Rodgers’ X-ray.

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131201/PKR0101/131201030/Conflicting-reports-Rodgers-status-return

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 11:44 PM
So, should I send in my application for Packers playoff tickets or not?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-02-2013, 05:18 AM

Nope...

Rutnstrut
12-02-2013, 09:00 AM

Nope, they'll be out this year.