PDA

View Full Version : MVP

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-28-2013, 04:37 PM
The packers play certainly strengthens the view of Arod as MVP, I mean, this is not a step down without Arod, more like dropping off a cliff.

channtheman
11-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Kinda like the Peyton Manningless Colts that one year.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:46 AM
What happened to the colts and what happened to us this season shows how important good QB play is in this league. Without it you are the queens.

Patler
11-29-2013, 05:33 AM
What happened to the colts and what happened to us this season shows how important good QB play is in this league. Without it you are the queens.

But, you don't have to be. You can be what the Bears were for many years, a team that won
with defense and STs. At some point the QB's salary disrupts your ability to accumulate and hold talent at other positions, but that hasn't been the case in GB until now because Rodgers salary wasn't a huge burden. Unfortunately, over the past month, not one single area of the team, except perhaps Lacy, has performed well enough to grab a few wins without Rodgers.

There is nothing more disappointing to me this season than the performance of the defense. There are 6 first round draft picks in the mix for the front 7, plus a second round pick and a proven talent in Jolly. Worthy will be another, now that he is back. It should be a team strength. It should be a group to rely on when Rodgers went down. It has been anything but that. Then, there is the constant confusion in the secondary .......

bobblehead
11-29-2013, 07:04 AM
I am with you Patler. I also think Wist was right about 2-4. We got gashed over and over, and kept lining up 2-4 yesterday. All that DL talent doesn't help you if you put in your 2 worst run stoppers, but supposedly best "inside pressure" guys and give up 14 yards on 2nd and 15.

Early in the season we went 3-4 and stuffed the run. Right now, our LB's can't fill a gap or get off a block, the DL isn't even on the field half the time, and we are bleeding yards up the gut. Our surprisingly decent OLB play has exposed how bad the MLB's are.

Worst thing about yesterday is that we had most of the defensive talent on the field most of the game. We are out Hayward. but we had our top 3 CB's otherwise, had all 4 (and 5 if its neal/perry) LB's, and the DL was without CJ Wilson (worthy might be rusty). Basically a mostly healthy (by packer standards) defense got punked.