PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds: Packers @ Lions II

run pMc
11-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Worst. Game. Ever?
Pretty embarrassing.

Studs: I got nothing. Maybe I'll change that opinion later, but this was a bad loss.
Duds: Everyone.

Upnorth
11-28-2013, 08:50 PM
I think you should have named the thread Duds and duds as that is more accurate this week.

King Friday
11-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Dud - Josh Sitton

Shut your damn trap and don't piss off the Lions.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Dud - Josh Sitton

Shut your damn trap and don't piss off the Lions.

Yup ........... and Pugger???

Pugger ........... do you now understand this stuff and Pro sports now?

RULE 'COMMON SENSE' NO. 1

Don't in any unnecessary manner 'FIRE UP' the opponent.

You keep your damn trap shut.

Sitton screwed up and he should have known better. What was he thinking? Did he need his five minutes that way?

All that did was play right into the hands of the Lions as if they already didn't have enough motivation.

Dumb ... straight up really dumb. Leave that CRAP to over zealous fans.

red
11-28-2013, 08:59 PM
no studs this week, maybe only a few guys that weren't quite duds

like crosby. nailed his only FG attempt which was 54 yards, hit it perfect. didn't have to do anything else today. hard to call him a dud

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Studs and DUD's:

Studs will be named by the HOMERS here.

DUD's....

1. Take 53 pieces of paper and write down a roster player's name on each.

2. Place those pieces of paper in a hat.

3. Draw a name out of the hat and write that name down and label him a DUD.

and finally

4. Repeat that process 52 more times.

Voila...You arrived at the closest TRUTH and Packer DUD's for this atrocious game.

Some Packers did try their best and actually played well.

TravisWilliams23
11-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Studs and DUD's:

DUD's....

and finally

Voila...You arrived at the closest TRUTH and Packer DUD's for this atrocious game.

You forgot to add the coaches names too!

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 09:15 PM
You forgot to add the coaches names too!

The MM Rule:

All Packer Coachs are exempt from criticisms. On Green Bay Packer Earth. The coach's work within a system that's absolutely 'Top Shelf'.

A system that's the envy of the entire NFL.

As Packer fans.... we trust in these coach's and they work hard.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqbT2guQBN-zaOoUjXRfIRC_n8ERGmWxC4MtUSzjCxjCAg1rPv

** Behind a desk and studying the play book and making amendments, they work tirelessly.

** They instruct the Packer players in every fundamental. know every nuance of the game of football.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnYLesHphAepLNGcH6cBvlAx7NFujet t8uyXBM1i29hyg-okJ4

Among all NFL and College Football Coach's their ... 'the crème de la creme'.

red
11-28-2013, 09:30 PM
yup, our coaches are the strength of this team, its all the players fault

the classic "its not us, its them" routine

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 09:41 PM
yup, our coaches are the strength of this team, its all the players fault

the classic "its not us, its them" routine

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgo1lxN6Ho8TVA9KKeIF_7XJdo82sq1 3akIt398znv-u1Ka7XOSA

Green Bay Packer GM Ted Thompson and his Head Coach Mike McCarthy and his coaching staff.

Singing: ...'We will over come...we will over come....'

pbmax
11-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Studs: James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Ryan Taylor. Flynn nearly put two of them on IR.

Dud: Easily Bach's worst game.

Guiness
11-28-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought Shields played pretty well. Seemed like he was matched up 1on1 with Johnson as often as not, and he did well.

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I agree, Shields was a stud, at least after the first couple series.

Quarless is just a dud. Don't even remember why I think this, but he is an awful starter.

I would give Ryan Taylor a studly for taking that vicious hit and hanging onto the ball.

Flynn looked terrified, and well he should. I'm going to give him a stud for surviving an impossible situation. I don't think Peyton Manning could have done any more against that pass rush.

I agree with Mason Crosby deserving something, although making a long field goal in the NFL is kinda expected.

James Jones had a couple great grabs.

The defensive line was shockingly bad. Duds across the board. Jolly looked really awful, maybe he is hurt. Pickett is worthless.

Barclay probably played at 80%. Lang having to play center. Newhouse on the field. Oline was doomed.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 11:27 PM
I just finished watching another good game between the Ravens and Steelers. That always seems to be intense. I got into that game as much as if I was watching the Packers in a solid/close game. That's why I love the Pro Pickem. That keeps me dialed into all that goes on in the NFL.

I have that game at Ford field recorded and when I get the strength I'll watch it (maybe I'll feel masochistic tomorrow).

I'll celebrate that watching the Lions rip out the Green Bay Packers hearts.

That game wasn't out of hand after the first half. It simply caved in on the team in the second half. The Packers have done that to the Lions or put a real beating on them often.

Here's the bottom line:

It will be OK. :lol:

It 'only' seems bad right after a terrible beating like that. As Packer fans we've been there before. We'll be there again and maybe...Dear God no!

I almost wrote the words...'this and season'.

woodbuck27
11-28-2013, 11:33 PM
That one long pass and catch to James Jones was a lift. Damn he snatched that ball.

The slant route and catch by Jordy Nelson late in the game...he took an awful hit and didn't blink. That boy's in shape. I can't stand the hits where the tackler leads with his helmut and I felt Jordy was the victim of such to his upper chest.

I almost went through the screen. That shit gets to me after awhile.

I loved the way sam Shields covered and picked in front of Megatron . That was perfect. Sign that man ... tomorrow TT.

I discovered some stuff that indicates we have hope for the future even if it's not for this season or the immediate future.

It'll be OK.

Pugger
11-29-2013, 01:25 AM
Yup ........... and Pugger???

Pugger ........... do you now understand this stuff and Pro sports now?

RULE 'COMMON SENSE' NO. 1

Don't in any unnecessary manner 'FIRE UP' the opponent.

You keep your damn trap shut.

Sitton screwed up and he should have known better. What was he thinking? Did he need his five minutes that way?

All that did was play right into the hands of the Lions as if they already didn't have enough motivation.

Dumb ... straight up really dumb. Leave that CRAP to over zealous fans.

Woody, I was one of the few around here that thought Sitton should have kept his trap shut. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.

bobblehead
11-29-2013, 07:10 AM
I agree, Shields was a stud, at least after the first couple series.

It looked like they put him up to the line in press after the first couple series as well.

Bossman641
11-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Stud - James Jones
Duds
The entire defense, starting with the DL. Just read that of the Lions 40 rushing attempts they were only hit in the backfield on 2 of them.
Bakhtiari - don't know if he needs some junk in the trunk or what, cause he had no anchor

Rodgers12
11-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Studs and DUD's:

DUD's....

and finally

Some Packers did try their best and actually played well.

Well said.

denverYooper
11-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 2h
#Packers Marshall Newhouse played 15 snaps in relief duty at RG... When on field team produced - 5 sacks, 1 INT... 3 NET YARDS OF OFFENSE.

KYPack
11-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Newhouse's lookout block on Suh was as big a piece of shit as I've seen since Barbre vs Wally Oglunye & the Bears.

Why Newhouse at guard, couldn't we have played somebody else at G?

Newhouse is very versatile.

He can't play any of the 5 OL spots.

red
11-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 2h
#Packers Marshall Newhouse played 15 snaps in relief duty at RG... When on field team produced - 5 sacks, 1 INT... 3 NET YARDS OF OFFENSE.

wow i think sums it all up there

how is the guy even on the roster. he sucks and he gives pis poor effort

there has to be plenty of guys out there that suck but at least try hard

i just don't see any redeeming value in the guy at all

denverYooper
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
wow i think sums it all up there

how is the guy even on the roster. he sucks and he gives pis poor effort

there has to be plenty of guys out there that suck but at least try hard

i just don't see any redeeming value in the guy at all

I'm really puzzled as to why they stuck him out there at RG on the goal line, having had no snaps there, and next to the backup center. That seemed like a bad decision by the staff and he just made it worse by just totally giving up.

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Newhouse's lookout block on Suh was as big a piece of shit as I've seen since Barbre vs Wally Oglunye & the Bears.

Why Newhouse at guard, couldn't we have played somebody else at G?

Newhouse is very versatile.

He can't play any of the 5 OL spots.

Provide him with a wire brush so he can keep the Packers shoes clean of debris.

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm really puzzled as to why they stuck him out there at RG on the goal line, having had no snaps there, and next to the backup center. That seemed like a bad decision by the staff and he just made it worse by just totally giving up.

When he's all you've got....

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:25 AM

This is just a guess but they sure as hell didn't want him at RT so they left Barclay there and Sherrod is no guard. Who else did we have to chose from? Taylor Lane? Was Lane even active?

KYPack
11-30-2013, 12:05 PM
This is just a guess but they sure as hell didn't want him at RT so they left Barclay there and Sherrod is no guard. Who else did we have to chose from? Taylor Lane? Was Lane even active?

Lane went in at RG.

He left the game with a brain stinger.

I guess that left Newhouse, I guess.

Newhouse is quick, you see how fast he fat he got out of Suh's way?

red
11-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Another flaw in our system

One guy on the o line goes down, and 3 positions get much worse

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 05:30 PM
After reviewing the game today:

Studs:

On 'O' James Jones and on 'D' Sam Shields and he was the packers best6 player on the day.

DUD's:

I'm of many DUD's on this day going to the extreme of that term DUD:

B.J. Raji is simply HORRIBLR/INVISABLE OUT THE DOOR MAN...TERRIBLR. A waste of human flesh.

Tramon Williams is a PUNK.

BRAD JONES covers up his lack of physical gifts well as a play comes straight at him. He's next to useless going to the side for the ball and recovering when any ball carrier gets past him. He's far from fleet of foot.

Comments based in observation of late:

The guys we have to use at Safety...WHY?!!

The OL as it now exists or as that game went on.....Naked !!

The DL throughout this game...OUTMATCHED ! Some major repairs needed on the Packer DL over this upcoming Off Season.

QB after Aaron Rodgers...NOT capable of competing Vs any decent team.... maybe any team in the NFL.

Pugger
11-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Lane went in at RG.

He left the game with a brain stinger.

I guess that left Newhouse, I guess.

Newhouse is quick, you see how fast he fat he got out of Suh's way?

:lol: Did Sherrod go in for Lane? I thought they put Marshall at RG?

Pugger
11-30-2013, 07:45 PM
Another flaw in our system

One guy on the o line goes down, and 3 positions get much worse

The line gets worse if the guy who goes out has no viable backup so you have to move your starting RG over to C and shuffle everybody else. :-?

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 07:50 PM
:lol: Did Sherrod go in for Lane? I thought they put Marshall at RG?

I didn't key on when G Taylor Lane was in the game but he's a guard. There was a lot of shifting around with EDS going out. Some very strange substitutions on the RHS of the OL I thought.

Derek Sherrod was in for 6 plays beginning with 4:12 remaining in the 4th Qtr. and all at RT. I describe what I saw in another thread.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
The line gets worse if the guy who goes out has no viable backup so you have to move your starting RG over to C and shuffle everybody else. :-?

and then?

Do we simply expect to get clobbered? Anything better simply a big surprize?