PDA

View Full Version : Vikes cut Robinson

Rastak
08-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Adios, Koren....have a drink on me (sorry, low blow there). If Thompson still wants him he can have him.

BallHawk
08-26-2006, 04:10 PM
When will his suspension happen?

Rastak
08-26-2006, 04:13 PM
When will his suspension happen?

I would guess after the legal system has run it's course...he's a free agent now.

red
08-26-2006, 04:17 PM
come on, come on

any minute now

wait for it, wait for it

you know someones going to come on here soon and throw a fit over TT not grabbing this guy right away

it'll happen, give it time

Rastak
08-26-2006, 04:20 PM
come on, come on

any minute now

wait for it, wait for it

you know someones going to come on here soon and throw a fit over TT not grabbing this guy right away

I'd be surprised...but then again Red, you may be right. Can you imagine if that dumb asshole would have killed some people? How bad does That make a franchise look? Packers or Vikings....or anybody for that matter.
You'd have to be the Bengals to touch this guy.

red
08-26-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah this guys definately lucky he didn't kill someone. that would have been horrible for the whole nfl, not just one team

i have a feeling we might not see him in the nfl again

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Wasted talent

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 04:30 PM
No, just plain wasted.

Rastak
08-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Wasted talent

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for him but I do. Ask anyone who's spoken with the man, he's a very nice guy. I mean, I've heard him speak, he's a cool guy...but I sound like a broken record...he really very easily could have killed someone with that stunt. It's very disapointing to me as a Viking fan and as a person.

Guiness
08-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Too bad he didn't seem to be able to beat this.

He's an odd one. There's a long list of guys who are talented, but never make it because of these kinds of problems. There's another list of guys who make it, and have a problem but seem to be able to keep it under control - or the people around them do a good enough job of hiding it (LT, Grant Fuhr (Edmonton Hockey Goalie)). I guess he belongs on the third, much shorter list of guys who made it, but couldn't hold on, and spun out of control.

red
08-26-2006, 08:45 PM
hey our very own brett favre use to be a legend in these parts for his drinking habits back during the good old days

he was thankfully able to kick it, or at least get it under control

Rastak
08-26-2006, 08:49 PM
hey our very own brett favre use to be a legend in these parts for his drinking habits back during the good old days

he was thankfully able to kick it, or at least get it under control

Yea, but he never pulled any nutty shit like Koren...

1) Drive 120 MPH on a public highway whilst toasted
2) Show up drunk at jail for your DWI sentance.

I have to respect Favre on this one big time.

red
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM

yeah you really have to respect a guy that can drink all saturday night, pass out at the bar, wake up a few hours before the game, play hungover, and win a super bowl and 3 mvp

now thats talent

to me that makes what he id during those years even more impressive

KYPack
08-26-2006, 09:25 PM
He's looking at a 4 game bop at the minimum.

What do they do if he's teamless? Do they announce his suspension so a team that signs him would know the deal. Wait til he signs, then suspend him?

This guy is as talented a player as almost any WR/KR in the league.

it is too bad and a waste.

GrnBay007
08-26-2006, 09:58 PM
come on, come on

any minute now

wait for it, wait for it

Hook him up!!!!! Put it in his contract he has to take daily antabuse......drinks any alcohol gets deathly ill. :twisted:

j/k btw.

retailguy
08-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Wasted talent

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for him but I do. Ask anyone who's spoken with the man, he's a very nice guy. I mean, I've heard him speak, he's a cool guy...but I sound like a broken record...he really very easily could have killed someone with that stunt. It's very disapointing to me as a Viking fan and as a person.

I'm there with you on this one Rastak. It is a sad situation. Here is a guy who presumably worked toward this his whole life, had it in his grasp, and f'ing blew it TWICE. Those of us who tried but weren't any good, vascillate between resentment and pity.

I can't imagine pissing away the opportunities he has had. It is very very sad.

GrnBay007
08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm there with you on this one Rastak. It is a sad situation. Here is a guy who presumably worked toward this his whole life, had it in his grasp, and f'ing blew it TWICE.

Unfortunately in his case, something stronger had a grasp on him. It is sad, maybe he hit "his bottom" this time.

esoxx
08-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I think Koren Robinson has played his last NFL game.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 01:14 AM
Damn, what a useless, reckless SOB. He had the chance to make loads of cash like I and most on here will never see in our whole entire life. I have to say to hell with robinson. I dont feel sorry for him one damn bit!

He could have had it all and instead choose to get his swerve on (in more ways then one). I was one who wanted the Pack to pick him up but now forget his punk ass, sorry lowlife. I also hope he already blew his NFL earnings.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:14 AM

yeah you really have to respect a guy that can drink all saturday night, pass out at the bar, wake up a few hours before the game, play hungover, and win a super bowl and 3 mvp

now thats talent

to me that makes what he id during those years even more impressive

my brother-in-law is always saying that favre should go back to his partying and cheating on his wife because that is when he played the best football :roll:

Fritz
08-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I can't share your anger, Mad. It's not what this guy wanted to have happen, but alcohol can get control of a person and it's damn hard to shake. Sad stuff.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 10:20 AM
I can't share your anger, Mad. It's not what this guy wanted to have happen, but alcohol can get control of a person and it's damn hard to shake. Sad stuff.

Yup. :shock:

ahaha
08-27-2006, 11:18 AM
What blows my mind about Robinson's latest incident is why he tried to outrun the police...very low percentage of getting away with it. Why didn't he just stop and be polite. He's a star athelete in this cop's mind. Maybe the officer is a big Viking fan and looks the other way. Maybe he just gives Robinson a ride home in exchange for an autograph. Instead, he takes off on a high speed chase. Now the cops have to bust him. What a moron!

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Yup. :shock:

Homer Jay
08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
His troubles may be just beginning.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003217622_webkoren22.html

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I'd say he's about hit rock bottom.

hurleyfan
08-27-2006, 04:13 PM

Too bad (actually very sad) for this knucklehead.. How many shots these primadonnas get? With all the money they make, they can afford the best rehab centers in the world

MadtownPacker
08-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Hell yes its what he wanted when he decide to crack open that cold one and slurp it down!! Just like Hurleys post above says, these guys have loads of dough and can afford some nice detox place.

As for alcohol, well things are alot different for me then you I guess. At family get togethers it is considered the norm for the uncles/cuzes to be putting down Buds or whatever the hell they drink. I have a string of alkies in my family yet I havent drank anything in a year or so. But when i do I get wasted. Of course I am responible enough not to get behind a wheel cuz I value my shitty job and freedom, unlike robinson who had a great job and muncho $$$.

I got mind control!! Mind control baby!!!! If I knew my bad habits where gonna cost me all my scratch I would put a stop to it. So no pity for this guy.

Only thing I cant control is my temper but aww hell, gotta let loose sometime. :mrgreen:

red
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM

well if going 100 with the police chasing you while drunk isn't a violation of his probation that he's under for drunk driving, then i have no clue what would be

CaliforniaCheez
08-27-2006, 05:33 PM
I knew this guy was nothing but trouble when the 49'ers, who were desperate for a receiver, rejected him as too much trouble. They publicly did not just say no but H No!!!

This is not news but an eventuality. He is a 2 strike losing in the substance abuse program.

Guiness
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Hell yes its what he wanted when he decide to crack open that cold one and slurp it down!! Just like Hurleys post above says, these guys have loads of dough and can afford some nice detox place.

As for alcohol, well things are alot different for me then you I guess. At family get togethers it is considered the norm for the uncles/cuzes to be putting down Buds or whatever the hell they drink. I have a string of alkies in my family yet I havent drank anything in a year or so. But when i do I get wasted. Of course I am responible enough not to get behind a wheel cuz I value my shitty job and freedom, unlike robinson who had a great job and muncho $$$.

I got mind control!! Mind control baby!!!! If I knew my bad habits where gonna cost me all my scratch I would put a stop to it. So no pity for this guy.

Only thing I cant control is my temper but aww hell, gotta let loose sometime. :mrgreen:

I hear ya MTP, and it's hard for me to fanthom as well.

I come from quite a line of alcoholics on my father's side. Family get-togethers are rare (because everyone's usually still pissed off from the last time) but tend to be filled with moronic events. Unfortunately, they're not a bunch of 'I LOVE YOUUU' drunks, they a bunch of 'I always hated you, and that stupid bitch you married' drunks.

Fortunately, I've got the will power to keep things sane, and I think that's the difference - some people just aren't able to exert that self control.

Kiwon
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM

For me at least, it's frustration more than anger over talented people ruining their lives and threatening the lives of others by driving drunk. Alcohol addiction can happen to anyone. Koren Robinson and Mel Gibson both prove that.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Alcohol addiction can happen to anyone. Koren Robinson and Mel Gibson both prove that.

So true, but MOST people don't get into a high speed car chase, drunk or not.

there is a bigger issue there than Alcoholism. You can function with alcoholism. But combining that with authority issues leads to life destruction.

Creepy
08-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Robinson has already had a 4 game suspension. The next one will be a season, by NFL rules. The NFL will not act until a trial or plea agreement is completed. The only way he gets out of a suspension, is if he is aquitted of the drunk driving charges. The NFL may suspend or fine him for the speeding and evading, but if not convicted of DUI, he will be on the football field somehwere.

As for dtox centers and having money. None of that matters. What Robinson didn't do was get away from the places and people where he may drink. If an alcoholic, don't go to bars or parties where alcohol is served. Maybe after sometime you may go to a party and have the strength to avoid drink, but not after one stint in re-hab and less than a year after having come out.

You also avoid so-called friends and relatives who will tell you, "One drink won't hurt you." Surround yourself with your old drinking buddies and you will drink. He needed to make a lifestyle change, and that is where he screwed up. Ray Lewis made a big change after his incident. No more homies in the limo with knives and other garbage.

Teams are going to avoid him until after his sentence. You have to be on a team to be suspended. If nobody picks him up and he waits out this year, the team that signs him will have to deal with the suspension. Just look at Ricky Williams. He stayed out of football for 1 year, but still had to serve the 4 game suspension when he returned. If Robinsion is suspended, he will have to find a team that will sign him, and then wait until his supension is over to play next year.

Partial
08-28-2006, 08:58 AM

For me at least, it's frustration more than anger over talented people ruining their lives and threatening the lives of others by driving drunk. Alcohol addiction can happen to anyone. Koren Robinson and Mel Gibson both prove that.

Amen, my neighbor was killed by a drunk driver last year. It's a very sad and idiotic decision that people choose to make, yet I find so many of my friends have a very nonchalant attitude about.

Zool
08-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Everyone can control addiction if they put the will-power into it. Those that done choose not to. I've been there and its hard, but its no where near impossible to control.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 11:18 AM
None of that matters. What Robinson didn't do was get away from the places and people where he may drink. If an alcoholic, don't go to bars or parties where alcohol is served. Maybe after sometime you may go to a party and have the strength to avoid drink, but not after one stint in re-hab and less than a year after having come out.

You also avoid so-called friends and relatives who will tell you, "One drink won't hurt you." Surround yourself with your old drinking buddies and you will drink. He needed to make a lifestyle change, and that is where he screwed up. Ray Lewis made a big change after his incident. No more homies in the limo with knives and other garbage.
Aint nothing but truth there Creooy. Thats why I feel no pity for Robinson. He could have had it all but instead just wanted alcohol!

He can rot in crap and should be grateful he didnt kill someone during the high speed chase. How much star treatment did this moron expect? Did he think he was moss, getting to run cops over?

Rastak
08-28-2006, 11:21 AM
None of that matters. What Robinson didn't do was get away from the places and people where he may drink. If an alcoholic, don't go to bars or parties where alcohol is served. Maybe after sometime you may go to a party and have the strength to avoid drink, but not after one stint in re-hab and less than a year after having come out.

Aint nothing but truth there Creooy. Thats why I feel no pity for Robinson. He could have had it all but instead just wanted alcohol!

He can rot in crap and should be grateful he didnt kill someone during the high speed chase. How much star treatment did this moron expect? Did he think he was moss, getting to run cops over?

Well Moss was going 2 miles an hour, this asshat was doing 120.....

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 11:34 AM
When he was catching 15TD and having 1500yds seasons you wouldnt have cared if he ran down an old lady!!

But then neither would I.

Ols randy is looking good in the OAK. No he has another QB in Brooks that can just chuck it up and let him mke the play.

Scott Campbell
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM

Sometimes there is a fine line between compassion, and enabling. I think alcoholics often need people angry with them in order to reinforce the urgent need to change their behavior.

Rastak
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM

Sometimes there is a fine line between compassion, and enabling. I think alcoholics often need people angry with them in order to reinforce the urgent need to change their behavior.

How pissed must his new wife be? He JUST got married in July I think.

Partial
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Not very, she'll take half his bonus money and get to move onto someone else.

RashanGary
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Partial, Are you not a mod anymore?

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Partial, Are you not a mod anymore?

Nope