PDA

View Full Version : God Save the Queens?

Rodgers12
11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
The Lions are so fucking lucky to be kings of the North this season. And the A-Rod-less, uninspired Packers were mortally wounded by these punk Lion kings on Thanksgiving Day.

The Packers are bleeding out slowly. It is just a matter of time. But as the awesome Woodbuck pointed out in another thread, it's not over til it's over.

Bottom line is, the Packers need to win out, need at least 2 farceous losses by the Lion kings and at least 2 farceous losses (including the season finale to the Packers) by the Bears. All is moot if Rodgers remains on the DL, starting next week.

The playoffs start next week for the Packers and they're gonna need lots of help - especially from the Minnesota "Queens" football club. The Vikings still have the Bears and Lions on their schedule.

I am worried the Vikings will play uninspired football the rest of the way. Rumors have it that Leslie Frazier is a lame duck coach and Christian Ponder is heading toward infamy. Furthermore, the Queens lost their so-called PRIDE in that so-called TIE game. The Queens have only their paychecks to play for.

I dunno, maybe the all-knowing, all-powerful and all-good Lord will save the Queens; Inspire them to improper wins. Maybe DeSean Jackson will return a walk-off punt-6 to beat the Lions next week. Maybe them "bum" Packers will beat the Bears in week 17 to punch their tickets into the prom.

Maybe it will be a repeat of 2010.

I doubt it, but in my despair over the recent Lion fiasco, I popped in the "NFL Super Bowl XLV Champions: Green Bay Packers," and providently, I am inspired.

KYPack
11-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Coldplay is a bullshit, teeny bopper band.

Rastak
11-29-2013, 08:43 PM

Unfortunately the Queens will fare much like the Hinders without Rodgers.....don't look for help there.

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Unfortunately the Queens will fare much like the Hinders without Rodgers.....don't look for help there.

Are we posting 'in code'?

KY? :wink:

Rodgers12
12-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Queens 23, Bears 20. :grin:

We may be witnessing the supreme master of the universe at work here. If the Packers do make the playoffs this season, I am gonna become a Pantheist.

denverYooper
12-01-2013, 04:04 PM
LOLBears!

Rodgers12
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
LOLBears!

For a previously 2 win team, I thought the Viking played hard, inspired football. Adrian Peterson is a joy to watch - except when he plays the Packers.

digitaldean
12-01-2013, 04:19 PM
For a previously 2 win team, I thought the Viking played hard, inspired football. Adrian Peterson is a joy to watch - except when he plays the Packers.

They did their best to screw this one away with the PF after Walsh made first FG. Only to have Robbie Gould to channel his inner Max Zendajas and miss the game winner.

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 04:56 PM

Peterson is 28 years old. He passed 10,000 yards rushing today. At the end of the season, he will be about 6200 yards behind Payton and about 7800 yards behind Emmitt Smith. Most running backs are about done by 30, but the really great ones have been effective past that age. Payton was good until 32 and then fell off his last year. Smith rushed for almost 1000 yards at age 35. I think Peterson, unless he has a catastrophic injury, has a real shot at Payton. Emmitt Smith will be tough to catch.

channtheman
12-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Well, as I've been saying for the past couple of weeks, you can never underestimate the ability of the Lions and Bears to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The Bears have done their part to lose the division. If the Packers win out, the Bears will have their required 2 losses. Now we need the Lions to lose 2 of their remaining 4.

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, as I've been saying for the past couple of weeks, you can never underestimate the ability of the Lions and Bears to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The Bears have done their part to lose the division. If the Packers win out, the Bears will have their required 2 losses. Now we need the Lions to lose 2 of their remaining 4.

None of the Lions games are a sure win.

14 Sun December 8 @ Philadelphia Eagles
15 Mon December 16 Baltimore Ravens
16 Sun December 22 New York Giants
17 Sun December 29 @ Minnesota Vikings

Guiness
12-01-2013, 05:26 PM

I care not at all what the Bears and Lions do - what bothers me is the way the Packers have been playing. So what if those two teams tank and an overmatched Packer team makes it to the playoffs?

channtheman
12-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I care not at all what the Bears and Lions do - what bothers me is the way the Packers have been playing. So what if those two teams tank and an overmatched Packer team makes it to the playoffs?

Than anything can happen.

Pugger
12-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Yes, who would have thought the bares would lose to the queens today?

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Peterson is 28 years old. He passed 10,000 yards rushing today. At the end of the season, he will be about 6200 yards behind Payton and about 7800 yards behind Emmitt Smith. Most running backs are about done by 30, but the really great ones have been effective past that age. Payton was good until 32 and then fell off his last year. Smith rushed for almost 1000 yards at age 35. I think Peterson, unless he has a catastrophic injury, has a real shot at Payton. Emmitt Smith will be tough to catch.

He was so good again today.

The Vikings helped take it away and gave back to the Packers today.

Is there some balance at work in the Universe that will almost magically serve the team this season and we make the palyoff's?

I also watched the Atlanta Falcons defeat the Buffalo Bills (the game was played n Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the Skydome). The Falcons looked decent and are getting back to some reasonable health. Tony Gonzalez scored a TD and Stephen Jackso matched his former season output scoring 3 TD's.

I felt sorry for the Bills as IMO their luck in this game was rotten. In consecutive possessions late after good receptions the defense punched the ball out and recovered the fumble.

That game was entertaining. 34 - 31 Falcons in OT.

Jimx29
12-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Just think if he was on a better quality team for all his years? He is a beast and fun to watch......again, as long as it's not against the Packers

QBME
12-02-2013, 07:25 AM

I hadn't recognized it, but I believe you may be on to something.

Little Whiskey
12-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Just think if he was on a better quality team for all his years? He is a beast and fun to watch......again, as long as it's not against the Packers

Emmit smith had an outstanding line a franchise qb and playmaking wide receiver all the years in Dallas. Peterson has ponder. If Peterson played for a decent team he would have all the records.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 07:59 AM
When you consider almost every defense MN faces concentrates on stopping him because they have nothing to fear from the queens' QB what AP is doing is even more remarkable.

KYPack
12-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Mike Sherman was the worst GM in NFL history.

Joemailman
12-02-2013, 08:08 AM

Now those are fighting words, :lol:

QBME
12-02-2013, 08:11 AM

LOL!

KYPack
12-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Now those are fighting words, :lol:
I'm ready to rumble, Papa Joe.

I've picked up the scent and will make the kill.

Zool
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM

Darren Charles went his entire HS career without being stopped in any way.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Darren Charles never played football unless he played soccer in his native London. He's better known as an actor.

Oh! You mean that kid from Oshkosh? Darrin Charles??? :lol:

KYPack
12-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Darren Charles went his entire HS career without being stopped in any way.

That was going to be my next one, but your welcome to it, Zool.

Bill Schroeder was a slow ass White boy.

Bossman641
12-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Are we sure of this?

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:00 PM

That's what a poor week in the Pro Pickem does to you? :razz:

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:02 PM
I thought that we agreed that:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScBqjTCh6FFHtESmdJi_fi1cNlE173O 0ZZpEmaVqzlEgr-fWEy

Darren Charles is a favourite hero.

Jimx29
12-02-2013, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9uBvoYLvYE

Zool
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Darren Charles never played football unless he played soccer in his native London. He's better known as an actor.

Oh! You mean that kid from Oshkosh? Darrin Charles??? :lol:

Damn. Spelling got the best of me. Again.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzJyPnHaBl_BczLX2SiEGQkk65GGgIq wiftMpa7Hj-CaEg1uer

Ohh excuse me...Darr 'i' n Charles

Why do we admire this guy?

Pugger
12-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Damn. Spelling got the best of me. Again.

That moron Tank used to boast about shutting down Charles but the damn fool never caught on that he was misspelling his name every time so I accused him of making the whole thing up. :lol:

KYPack
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
If it isn't him, the poster won't know what's goin' on and it won't bother him.

if it is, it'll purely drive him nuts and he'll just be eating his liver out.

Ya know?

Zool
12-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Ya know?

Gotta wonder if he's stolen any parental credit cards lately.

MadtownPacker
12-02-2013, 04:37 PM

Ya know?If it ain't him he will likely say fuck this place. No matter what the real Tank is smiling with the knowledge you nabiscos will never forget him.

Iron Mike
12-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Michael Huff is a slam-dunk first ballot HOFer.....

Pugger
12-02-2013, 05:43 PM
If it ain't him he will likely say fuck this place. No matter what the real Tank is smiling with the knowledge you nabiscos will never forget him.

Its difficult to forget a nuisance. If you ever get poison ivy you never forget it.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Ya know?

or .... code.

KY... are the SAINTS going to take the Seahawks down tonight?

Respond to ................ yourself.