PDA

View Full Version : Pro football focus

Rastak
11-29-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm bored so I thought I'd share some info from my PFF subscription........it's been ugly following the Vikings grades....here are some highlights and lowlights. Remember, this is a cummulative total from all games so far.....if you got a +1 for 10 games and a -10 for one game you'd be a 0.

The number one Packer player on offense this year cumulative is Josh Sitton. Surprised how low they've graded Bakhitari. They also have Hawk rated a s a piece of shit. I added a few Vikings at the bottom for comparison....

Offense

Sitton - +19.9
Rodgers - +18
Nelson - +15.7
Lacy - +11.9
Kuhn - +8.9
Cobb - +6.6
EDS - +6.3
Lang - +6.3
Boykin - +3.7
Starks - +2.1
J Jones - +0.8
Ross - +0.4
Tolzien - +0.1
Stoneburner - 0
Sherrod - -0.3
Franklin - -0.4
L Taylor - -0.7
Wallace - -1.6
M White - -1.7
Flynn - -2.6
Finley - -2.8
Barclay - -3.8
Bostick - -3.8
R Taylor - -5.0
Quarless - -6.9
Newhouse - -9.7
Bakhiari - -12.0

Defense

Daniels - +16.2
T Williams - +6.2
Lattimore - +5.1
Pickett - +3.9
Hayward - +1
Matthews - +0.4
Jones - 0
Richardson - -0.2
Worthy - -0.2
Perry - -0.4
Bush - -0.5
Wilson - -0.7
Shields - -0.7
Boyd - -1.7
Francois - -2.0
Banjo - -2.0
House - -2.2
Burnett - -2.4
Hyde - -2.4
Jennings - -4.4
Jolly - -5.8
Mulumba - -7.2
D Jones - -7.8
Palmer - -7.9
Neal - -8.6
McMillian - -10.5
Raji - -10.8
Hawk - -14.6

Random Viking ratings....

Off
Ponder - -10.9
G Jennings - -1.2
A Peterson - +11.1
M Kahlil - -4.9

Def
Greenway - -21.7
J Robinson - -8.8
lots more bad guys.....

woodbuck27
11-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Isn't that uplifting.

Ted !?

Bossman641
11-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Has greenway really been that poor?

denverYooper
11-30-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks Ras.

Looks like Sitton's one of the only ones who's allowed to be talking. I think one of the beat writers also mentioned he was probably an elite guard at this point.

denverYooper
11-30-2013, 07:50 AM
Lol. They've always had it in for Raji, too.

I always thought they were harsh on him because of his assignments at times, but he was getting blown off the ball by Detroit's double teams a few times that I checked in on Thursday.

denverYooper
11-30-2013, 07:54 AM
IIRC, Bahk has had 2 bad games (Cincy + Detroit) and a bunch of average ones, so his cumulative grade is not a surprise. He's faced a lot of good DEs this year.

Smeefers
11-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I find it absolutely mind blowing that the interior of our line is graded out so well. There were times in the Detroit game where it looked like flynn was going to hand one off to the defensive guy just wandering through our line like it was held up by a bunch of blind, geriatric ballet dancers.

Rastak
11-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Has greenway really been that poor?

He hasn't made big plays like he has in the past but he hasn't looked like one of the worst linebackers in the league.

Pugger
11-30-2013, 08:33 AM
I find it absolutely mind blowing that the interior of our line is graded out so well. There were times in the Detroit game where it looked like flynn was going to hand one off to the defensive guy just wandering through our line like it was held up by a bunch of blind, geriatric ballet dancers.

Our line on Thursday was all jumbled up because EDS left. The real horror show was Newhouse at RG.

Pugger
11-30-2013, 08:35 AM
I guess Pro Football Focus forgot we have this guy who wears #12.

red
11-30-2013, 09:29 AM
So, statistical proof our defense sucks

Im shocked tramon grades so high. I guess you cant get a negative score for covering people if you dont actually cover them because you ran into your teammate

Pugger
11-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Tramon hasn't been as terrible the last few games. That one play against Philly I blame Burnett.

Guiness
11-30-2013, 11:52 AM
Our line on Thursday was all jumbled up because EDS left. The real horror show was Newhouse at RG.

I still haven't figured that one out. Reports were that he didn't practice there, last time EDS went down and they slid Lang to tackle, Barclay went to guard and Newhouse played RT. I guess the idea was less shuffling of the line, but you'd think they would try that scenario out in practice first?

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 08:43 PM
I still haven't figured that one out. Reports were that he didn't practice there, last time EDS went down and they slid Lang to tackle, Barclay went to guard and Newhouse played RT. I guess the idea was less shuffling of the line, but you'd think they would try that scenario out in practice first?

What about some plan to get Derek Sherrod into the game at some time?

So much went on after EDS was knocked out it was hard to keep up with it all. You had to be focused on position and number....each snap.

I noted that these less experienced fellas played after EDS went down and Marshal Newhouse looked simply defeated:

G Lane Taylor played some and T (RT) Derek Sherrod was in late in the 4th Qtr. for 6 snaps.

packrulz
12-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Hawk sucks, I agree. Half the time he's getting knocked off his feet and his helmet flies off. He looks like a clown out there.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I have to give Hawk some credit as he has played better this year, but it looks like he will never be better than just an average linebacker and we desperately need a stud at his position. Ted needs to do something his dna is not coded for and start to look at FA to rebuild this team before we lose the benefit of having such a great quarterback.

bobblehead
12-01-2013, 07:12 AM
I have to give Hawk some credit as he has played better this year, but it looks like he will never be better than just an average linebacker and we desperately need a stud at his position. Ted needs to do something his dna is not coded for and start to look at FA to rebuild this team before we lose the benefit of having such a great quarterback.

I actually grade him as consistent, but BELOW average. He doesn't stand up blockers...ever. He doesn't get off blockers...ever. He consistently makes tackles 5 yards down field. On the rare occasion he makes a play, he f's it up the next play.

Smidgeon
12-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't get those scores. I know Lacy is good, but grading out better than AP? That I don't get.

Cheesehead Craig
12-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't get those scores. I know Lacy is good, but grading out better than AP? That I don't get.

Proof that numbers lie.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 10:29 AM

It was worse with Lang at center. Harder to parse Ras's data with that in mind.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Proof that numbers lie.

The numbers are grades for a situation. The better player does not always succeed even when making a great play. Think Barry Sanders making two ankle breaking moves to gain 2 versus Emmitt Smith gaining 6 on first down and not being touched for the 4th yard.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Hawk sucks, I agree. Half the time he's getting knocked off his feet and his helmet flies off. He looks like a clown out there.

AJ Hawk sucks. There is a lot that would offer an argument otherwise. AJ Hawk at least trys and he does I imagine (without checking) lead the Packers in tackling. If that's the TRUTH then what does AJ Hawk sucking say about every other Packer on defense?

So AJ Hawk sucks ! I won't argue that. I'll simply point this fact out.

Compared to a man that's been rumored to have turned down an $8 Million$ offer from TT or BJ Raji. AJ Hawk doesn't suck as bad as BJ Raji SUCKS !

If they rolled a big turd onto the field and parked it on our DL.

That move 'if acceptable by NFL rules' would be more effective than what BJ Raji offers the defense.

BJ Raji decribes what it really means in terms of ... HE SUCKS ! I don't even use such terms to describe a human being. I'm by far generally more kind/compassionate but this piece of crap really bugs me.

I mean he dives ... gets stood up...falls down too much...gets buried and comes up gasping for air. He looks like a fricken Prima Donna with his non tackling hands on his hips as his best pose. BJ Raji sucks as the worst Big Man we have on our DL. He's on some other planet by far in terms of time during most of a game. When I focus on his play it's unimaginable to me that some Packer fans see value in him.

Please.... don't come back to me posting that BJ Raji is anything that Ted Thompson needs to retain. He's already left Green Bay. Please don't get started on that with me because his play makes me sick ... B. J. Raji flat out SUCKS and is a huge disappointment to me in terms of his draft status.

GO PACK GO !

Rutnstrut
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM

If the rest of this shitty team played with half the heart that Hawk or Jolly do, they wouldn't have so many losses. Same goes for the uninspired coaching staff.

Rutnstrut
12-02-2013, 03:20 PM
AJ Hawk sucks. There is a lot that would offer an argument otherwise. AJ Hawk at least trys and he does I imagine (without checking) lead the Packers in tackling. If that's the TRUTH then what does AJ Hawk sucking say about every other Packer on defense?

So AJ Hawk sucks ! I won't argue that. I'll simply point this fact out.

Compared to a man that's been rumored to have turned down an $8 Million$ offer from TT or BJ Raji. AJ Hawk doesn't suck as bad as BJ Raji SUCKS !

If they rolled a big turd onto the field and parked it on our DL.

That move 'if acceptable by NFL rules' would be more effective than what BJ Raji offers the defense.

BJ Raji decribes what it really means in terms of ... HE SUCKS ! I don't even use such terms to describe a human being. I'm by far generally more kind/compassionate but this piece of crap really bugs me.

I mean he dives ... gets stood up...falls down too much...gets buried and comes up gasping for air. He looks like a fricken Prima Donna with his non tackling hands on his hips as his best pose. BJ Raji sucks as the worst Big Man we have on our DL. He's on some other planet by far in terms of time during most of a game. When I focus on his play it's unimaginable to me that some Packer fans see value in him.

Please.... don't come back to me posting that BJ Raji is anything that Ted Thompson needs to retain. He's already left Green Bay. Please don't get started on that with me because his play makes me sick ... B. J. Raji flat out SUCKS and is a huge disappointment to me in terms of his draft status.

GO PACK GO !

Great post, agree 100%.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Great post, agree 100%.

For a compariason to any here that can relate to baseball.

If BJ Raji is Ted Thompson's choice of a bat.

Ted will hit about .225 with 12 HRS and 42 RBI's. That bat will often splinter.. or sting his hands.

That bat is defective. It's certainly not loaded with cork.

denverYooper
12-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Despite the slightly below average grade for Q, PFF has him as the second most effective pass blocking TE:

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 17m
Best Pass Blocking Efficiency, TEs:
100.0 L.Smith BUF (0press/38snaps)
98.4 A.Quarless GB
98.3 K.Rudolph MIN
98.1 Kendricks STL & Hanna DAL

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Despite the slightly below average grade for Q, PFF has him as the second most effective pass blocking TE:

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 17m
Best Pass Blocking Efficiency, TEs:
100.0 L.Smith BUF (0press/38snaps)
98.4 A.Quarless GB
98.3 K.Rudolph MIN
98.1 Kendricks STL & Hanna DAL

Thanks.

Do you have a subscription for PFF?

For specific member ?'s If you would agree to such!?

denverYooper
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks.

Do you have a subscription for PFF?

For specific member ?'s If you would agree to such!?

I don't, I grabbed it from twitter. They sometimes tweet out top 5 stats for different things.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't, I grabbed it from twitter. They sometimes tweet out top 5 stats for different things.

OK

Thank You.

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2013, 09:36 AM
The numbers are grades for a situation. The better player does not always succeed even when making a great play. Think Barry Sanders making two ankle breaking moves to gain 2 versus Emmitt Smith gaining 6 on first down and not being touched for the 4th yard.

Good analogy, that helps.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Proof that numbers lie.

Ohh !

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-epXx4omz0BNNGOukm823RmNvdWNYz-0CRXNEzY_gcpBzLidDcQ

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFq46vsNcKoh19YRaVwy8jk3oeUdITu x2Mf2hQoy1y3wTfRMR3