PDA

View Full Version : When Should Rodgers Play Again?

Joemailman
12-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Amid speculation that the Packers may shut Aaron Rodgers down, Rodgers has had this to say:

“I think I’m going to know when I’m ready to play,” he said last week. “And I’m going to play.” “I respect their opinion, so I obviously listen to them and take all that into account, but I think we’ve come to some agreements during my years as a player and a starter where we might not all agree that it’s right to play, but we agree that the risk is low enough that if I feel good enough to play, I can play,” Rodgers said. “I think that’s kind of the way that we operate. I trust Mike to kind of save me from myself at times, and Doc to be the voice of reason.

“But I know my body better than anybody and it’s just a matter of combining the strength, the flexibility, the lack of pain and the low-risk. And when all those align, then I’ll be back on the field.”

When should Rodgers play?

Poll to follow.

channtheman
12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
I voted, "if he can play, he should play..."

and I hope that is for this coming game against the Falcons. I haven't given up on the season yet, and if Rodgers comes back, I think we can win out, even with the atrocious defensive play.

MadScientist
12-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Season is done. No more good can come from playing Rodgers. Lets just see if there are any players on this team worth keeping. And lets see if Tolzien can be a backup for next year.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 12:25 PM
He isn't going to play unless he gets clearance from the doctors. This week's MRI or x-ray will tell the tale.

Joemailman
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I think they're at the point where Rodgers will have a say in the decision. I don't expect we'll know until Friday, if then. They could just list him as questionable this week and make a gameday decision. Or just keep the Falcons guessing.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I think Rodgers will play again, even if it is last game of season and Packers are out of it. It will be a purely medical decision that the bone is 100% strong.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Sitting a healthy Rodgers just sets a bad precedent. How do you tell a guy like Matthews who is playing with a broken thumb that you have to get in there and try to play one-handed but we're gonna sit a healthy Rodgers because he's the QB and demands preferential treatment? How do the coaches tell the locker room, "hey guys, we've given up so we're gonna sit Rodgers down but we still expect nothing but the highest standard of effort from the rest of YOU!" Any respect and leadership Rodgers has in that locker room will disappear and resentment will reign supreme.

MadtownPacker
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Great post Pug. I say play him if he can go.

But please bench Harlan aka Drama Queen Supreme.

red
12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Mathews isn't risking career altering damage if he plays before his thumb is 100%

The word coming out over the last few days is that rodgers risks a permenent injury if he takes a hit again before the thing is healed.

The perminent injury could effect is throwing mechanics

You just dont risk your franchise for a lost cause imo. If rodgers plays the last 4 weeks, i still see us lossing 1 or 2 games with the way the d and o-line are playing

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Sitting a healthy Rodgers just sets a bad precedent. How do you tell a guy like Matthews who is playing with a broken thumb that you have to get in there and try to play one-handed but we're gonna sit a healthy Rodgers because he's the QB and demands preferential treatment? How do the coaches tell the locker room, "hey guys, we've given up so we're gonna sit Rodgers down but we still expect nothing but the highest standard of effort from the rest of YOU!" Any respect and leadership Rodgers has in that locker room will disappear and resentment will reign supreme.

Yes.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Aaron Rodgers has to be 100% medically cleared to fully practise and play in an NFL game.

My compliments on the choices in this Poll. Nicely covered.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Mathews isn't risking career altering damage if he plays before his thumb is 100%

The word coming out over the last few days is that rodgers risks a permenent injury if he takes a hit again before the thing is healed.

You just dont risk your franchise for a lost cause imo. If rodgers plays the last 4 weeks, i still see us lossing 1 or 2 games with the way the d and o-line are playing

He doesn't need to be a hero.

He needs to become healthy.

I will be in some concern (as just a fan) if he goes against Atlanta who by the way will not be an easy touch from what I saw yesterday.

This team is finally looking like many experts believed it would before it went on the skids.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Of course you sit him if he isn't 100% but you don't sit him if he's healthy. I thought I made that clear in my post above.

red
12-02-2013, 05:56 PM
h
Of course you sit him if he isn't 100% but you don't sit him if he's healthy. I thought I made that clear in my post above.

Sorry, i thought you were saying he needed to play this week no matter what