PDA

View Full Version : Starting QB for Falcons game

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Only votes cast before Stubby's press conference are eligible for the grand prize. Winning late votes will receive a certificate of participation. I guessed Tolzien for no particular reason.

Joemailman
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Just a hunch that Rodgers will play.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I was listening to Lucas & Lepay radio show this morn, and their three guest pundits each predicted a different starter. Silverstein was sure it was Tolzien, Heller said Flynn, and Bill Scott said ..... actually he just said that Rodgers wouldn't be ready for a while, he made no prediction.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 01:55 PM
For this next game Vs Atlanta the most intelligent and prudent decision for MM to make would be to go back with Scott Tolzien.

Unless he can get to Matt Flynn and some reasonable order of confidence and choosing him with a planned provision to bring in Scott Tolzien if Matt Flynn falls behind more than 10 points.

I'd be looking very closely at Tolzien and how he protects the ball this wek in practise. If he looks OK there ...start Scott Tolzien.

Under no circumstance start Aaron Rodgers before the end of Week 14. After Week 14 re-assess QB and possibly bringing Aaron Rodgers back. It's week to week and the Packer success in future games and position in the NFCN relative to Detroit.

Before Mike McCarthy/Ted Thompson decide to bring Aaron Rodgers back behind center at anytime in this season. Mike McCarthy must be absolutely sure his timing is of the first order and he's 100% ready health wise.

If MM and TT allow Aaron to come back and he gets that shoulder re-injured. Packer nation will be pissed and might even demand their heads for their silly incompetence.

The Packers destiny now is out of their own hands and as that stands there is little sense in any 'risk' to their franchise QB.

It's time to simply play this year out.

I lean to playing Scott Tolzien after what I saw in Matt Flynn last Thursday. Tolzien must protect the ball or we get tossed by a team...getting better... Atlanta.

Maybe Flynn needs another few practises? Maybe Flynn needs one more week? That's also OK with me. I have my doubts that's realistic thinking. I know his arm looked weak. His timing certainly off and that aided by a weak OL, especially after EDS went down. Flynn doesn't do a proper check down. He missed wide open plays to TE Andrew Quarless Vs Detroit.

Best plan and best for our future overall. The best of two poor choices...play Scott Tolzien at QB.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-02-2013, 01:58 PM
So can we keep voting until tomorrow?

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Sure, but you will be held in low regard by your peers if you wait

MadScientist
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Tolzien. Rodgers is not ready and the league knows how to totally stuff Flynn. Give Tolzien a chance to find his timing and accuracy, because he at least has an arm.

Bossman641
12-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Tolzien because...why the hell not.

I wish we had a different qb we could throw out there. 5 different starting qb in 5 consecutive games would be quite the accomplishment.

Jimx29
12-02-2013, 03:14 PM
rodgers.....rub some dirt in it and get the fuck out there to show everyone what kind of leader your are. otherwise join cutler in the pussy ward

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Sure, but you will be held in low regard by your peers if you wait

Being a member of Packerrats means ... among other more creditable qualities..

Your prompt ... delivering a sensible analysis.

Your also likely sexy.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 03:21 PM
So can we keep voting until tomorrow?

Only one vote per member allowed.

This isn't the Campbell Soup FG kicking contest.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Matt Ryan? ;-)

red
12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I have no damn clue. Flynn looked horrible but i though the play calling and gameplan sucked, so combine that with the cluster fuck on the o-line and matt flynn was in a no win situation.

Would tolzien have played any better in that mess? I doubt it

Which one should get the start? I have no clue. One guy doesn't throw the ball to anyone, and the other guy likes throwing the ball to the other team

QBME
12-02-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm voting Rodgers. He's going to pick up the whole friggin' team, put them on his back and carry them to 8 straight victories. This is the type of challenge he loves.

Besides, I'm looking to save some face after predicting a perfect 17 win regular season this year.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Only one vote per member allowed.

This isn't the Campbell Soup FG kicking contest.

Yes, but my joke was that Blue Dog was trying to get predictions recorded before M3's press conference. But that PC has been moved back to Tuesday to give various soothsayers time to read the entrails of Rodgers X-ray/CT Scan/MRI/tea leaves to mix a few cultures and metaphors.

Didn't know if Harlan was aware of that at the time of his post or not.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes, but my joke was that Blue Dog was trying to get predictions recorded before M3's press conference. But that PC has been moved back to Tuesday to give various soothsayers time to read the entrails of Rodgers X-ray/CT Scan/MRI/tea leaves to mix a few cultures and metaphors.

Pb I thought that Tues. would be the time for MM's presser.

Big day tomorrow.

Big game on MNF Saints @ Seahawks. Two solid NFC teams playing it like it's a playoff game.

Getting psyched to watch that now.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Pb I thought that Tues. would be the time for MM's presser.

Big day tomorrow.

Big game on MNF Saints @ Seahawks. Two solid NFC teams playing it like it's a playoff game.

Getting psyched to watch that now.

Usually does Mon-Wed-Thur-Fri. Tuesday is the off day. have not seen a reason for the move yet.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2013, 10:00 PM

I hadn't heard news that MM canceled due to a bad cold.

But the urgency remains: knee-jerk reactions are the warrior way. Vote now, think later.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Usually does Mon-Wed-Thur-Fri. Tuesday is the off day. have not seen a reason for the move yet.

That being the case then I'm guessing it's to do with Aaron Rodgers medical OK or not.

In the presser will MM take the obvious first question before he announces all RE: Aaron Rodgers?

I'll be watching for the time of MM's press conference and 'of course' NFL.Com will be all over that tomorrow.

THE MNF game.

With 7:07 remaining in the 3rd Qtr. It's Seattle 34 - NO 7. The Seahawks are schooling the Saints.This is a very solid football team. They play very fast on both sides of the ball or their in tremendous shape. Mae was amazed and actually thought the game was being sped up on replays.

Anything bad may happen but as the Seahawks look now. They look like a solid bet to go to the Super Bowl. This is the best team I've seen this season and well worth their NO. 1 in the NFL Power Ranking.

So far they've run up 286 yards passing on Russell Wilson going 19/25 3 TD performance; and 87 yards rushing with Marshawn Lynch running for 44 yards and Russell Wilson 43 yards. Russell Wilson is very good.

Funny...his idol is Drew Brees. He's 15/22 for only 88 yards and 1 TD. The Saints have rushed for 28 yards.

It kinda reminds me of a game I saw last week. Let me see...who played that game?

Ahh .....it doesn't matter for week 14.

GO PACK GO !

channtheman
12-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm voting Rodgers. He's going to pick up the whole friggin' team, put them on his back and carry them to 8 straight victories. This is the type of challenge he loves.

Besides, I'm looking to save some face after predicting a perfect 17 win regular season this year.

The weight of his own team will cause a rebreak of the collarbone. Better hold off on putting all of them on his back.

Little Whiskey
12-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Rodgers 'cause I want to see another win in my lifetime.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
The weight of his own team will cause a rebreak of the collarbone. Better hold off on putting all of them on his back.

LOL!

Old School
12-03-2013, 10:31 AM
I hope it's Tolzien and not Rogers. As a lifelong Cub fan, wait till next year rolls off my tongue quite easily.

But seriously: for what reason should the Pack risk reinjury to AR?

Pugger
12-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I hope it's Tolzien and not Rogers. As a lifelong Cub fan, wait till next year rolls off my tongue quite easily.

Because we are still mathematically in the division race.

Unless Rodgers gets clearance from the doctors he isn't playing. I'm sure we'll find out during MM's press conference this afternoon.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Absolutely your correct given the condition and way the Packers OL played Vs the Lions.

If Aaron Rodgers is 'in fact or truth' 100% healed IMO that's moot because the Packers OL is in poor to very bad shape.

WE are getting closer to learning just how bright the Packer management is.

I can look up any available statistic regarding the Atlanta Falcons defense and weigh their defensive prowess against a decision to bring Aaron Rodgers back. How mean are the Atlanta Falcons?

How do you do that in terms of calculating any risk factor to Aaron Rodgers?

I can point to the fact that Vs Detroit Matt Flynn was sacked what? ... 7 times. That fact might signal a NO regarding starting Aaron Rodgers. Flynn got off the ground to play after all seven SACKS. Where does that thinking/analysis get me in terms of starting Aaron Rodgers if he's 100% medically ready to play?

I believe it's killing Aaron Rodgers to not be able to play and lead his team to a win. I would hope that he wouldn't allow his future and the future of the Green Bay Packers to be jeopardized by any foolish bravado.

Then will he be back this week/Sunday Vs the Atlanta Falcons?

I believe such a decision 'as a bottom line', comes down to Mike McCarthy his OC and other coach's and Packer GM Ted Thompson. These men must weigh the risk. These men fully know the state of the team.

Will Aaron Rodgers play? I have no idea at this time. That remains soon to be seen.

As a Packer fan I won't be all pumped or feel better if he does.

If he does start .... I'll 'only' feel better if he finishes healthy.

PACKERS !

channtheman
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Per MM press conference

Matt Flynn gets starter reps in practice tomorrow. Has MM officially named our starter yet?

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Per MM press conference

Matt Flynn gets starter reps in practice tomorrow. Has MM officially named our starter yet?

Nah. MM is accomplished in talking in tongues.

red
12-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Per MM press conference

Well seeings how m3 likes to name his starters early and then stick with them all week no matter what, i'd say flynn is your starter

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Well seeings how m3 likes to name his starters early and then stick with them all week no matter what, i'd say flynn is your starter

Do the Packers have body bags now on the sideline?

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, this is disturbing. It looks like Matt Flynn will start, and not a single poster had the cojones to step forward and predict it. The Grand Prize will be melted down donated to charity, perhaps "Camp Courage" or "The Spine Foundation."

The saddest words of mouth or pen are not "it was" but "it could have been."

Zool
12-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Well, this is disturbing. It looks like Matt Flynn will start, and not a single poster had the cojones to step forward and predict it. The Grand Prize will be melted down donated to charity, perhaps "Camp Courage" or "The Spine Foundation."

The saddest words of mouth or pen are not "it was" but "it could have been."

Flynn has 4 votes.

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Yes, 4 posters were willing to give Flynn an anonymous wink of encouragement while Flynn was in his trying hour.

But did anybody step forward to publicly proclaim their support, stand with their stricken hero? Help to bare the cross of defeat he carries?

No, we did not find such character among Flynn leaners. Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

red
12-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I voted for flynn after fatties presser

I like being right

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't mind being wrong, I mainly like being a dick.

channtheman
12-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes, 4 posters were willing to give Flynn an anonymous wink of encouragement while Flynn was in his trying hour.

But did anybody step forward to publicly proclaim their support, stand with their stricken hero? Help to bare the cross of defeat he carries?

No, we did not find such character among Flynn leaners. Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

This is why when you make a poll, you select the option that makes it visible who voted for what... dick.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2013, 01:15 AM
ahh, go fuck yourself

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 07:12 AM
ahh, go fuck yourself

I'm trying to picture that.......................... ?

Ahh forget that .... but this:

Which poster voted last for Mike Flynn? Which last two posters voted for Matt Flynn?

When did those posters vote for Mike Flynn in terms of MM press conference Tues. 3 PM CT?

This is Wed. Dec. 4, 2013 at7:17 CT.

The Poll indicated the votes to this time are:

Flynn (5)

Rodgers (9)

Tolzien (11)

PACKERS !

channtheman
12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I voted for Flynn after the press conference!

Zool
12-04-2013, 01:18 PM

I voted for Flynn because he's not a moron like Tolzien, Rodgers won't be playing for a couple more weeks, and you don't like him which means he's got a chance to be good. Make the voting public and you can see how everyone voted.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 01:38 PM
I voted for Flynn because he's not a moron like Tolzien, Rodgers won't be playing for a couple more weeks, and you don't like him which means he's got a chance to be good. Make the voting public and you can see how everyone voted.

Yes.

Why should some Polls be aired to the general public here sometimes .....and not the case with other polls?

Wed. 4 Dec. 2013 .... 6 - Flynn : 9 Rodgers : 11 Tolzien.

WOW! Tolzien .... Il est l'homme.

Harlan Huckleby
12-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Flynn has less arm than Graham Harrell, perhaps weaker than Seneca Wallace. I don't dislike Flynn, like most everyone else I hoped he make a glorious return to the Packers and settle-in as a backup for a few years. And then I saw him throw the ball.

I don't think you would be calling Tolzien a moron had he been named the starter.

Zool
12-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't think you would be calling Tolzien a moron had he been named the starter.

I absolutely would. The next time he looks off a safety will be the first time.

Harlan Huckleby
12-06-2013, 03:53 PM
You are confusing Tolzien with Joel Stave.

Tolzien is a smart QB, IMO. His ints wren't stare-down variety.

I don't know that accuracy can be taught. People keep referring to Tolzien as a developmental prospect, but he'll be a 27-year-old grizzled vet next season, if he can't throw the ball through the tire now, he never will be able to.

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 06:11 PM

I don't know that accuracy can be taught. People keep referring to Tolzien as a developmental prospect, but he'll be a 27-year-old grizzled vet next season, if he can't throw the ball through the tire now, he never will be able to.

Tolzien is a pick or a tip or a pick-tip a-waiting to happen. I am confident Tolzien leads the league in INT percentage as well as batting average. Tolzien is not very good. In fact, he sucks.

With the Packers playing pretty much for draft positioning, go ahead and play Mr. Tolzien.

red
12-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Tolzien is a pick or a tip or a pick-tip a-waiting to happen. I am confident Tolzien leads the league in INT percentage as well as batting average. Tolzien is not very good. In fact, he sucks.

With the Packers playing pretty much for draft positioning, go ahead and play Mr. Tolzien.

But he throws the ball really, really hard

So people think he's awesome

red
12-06-2013, 06:15 PM

No, tolziens ints were the brett favre "lets just try and throw the ball through that defender" type of ints

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 06:22 PM
No, tolziens ints were the brett favre "lets just try and throw the ball through that defender" type of ints

This is where I disagree with you.

Favre's were "trying to make plays out of nothing" picks. Tolzien, on the other hand, throws picks like Jay Cutler - out of sheer idiocy.

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 07:21 PM
This is where I disagree with you.

Favre's were "trying to make plays out of nothing" picks. Tolzien, on the other hand, throws picks like Jay Cutler - out of sheer idiocy.

If "trying to make plays out of nothing" leads to picks (because you throw back across the middle late in the play), I will take nothing thank you.

Harlan Huckleby
12-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Tolzien is not very good. In fact, he sucks.

I agree he is pretty bad, and I don't hold a lot of hope for the future because accuracy is not a skill that a 26-year-old QB is likely to develop. Much like salsa dancing or hot dog eating, the greats are born, not made.

But I'm not certain. And I'd still take Tolzien over Flynn.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I agree he is pretty bad, and I don't hold a lot of hope for the future because accuracy is not a skill that a 26-year-old QB is likely to develop. Much like salsa dancing or hot dog eating, the greats are born, not made.

But I'm not certain. And I'd still take Tolzien over Flynn.

Right now we have to match the arms at QB.

Tolzien Vs Ryan >>> OK.

Flynn <<< Ryan = Ryan and Atlanta.

I hope I'm wrong.

In any case MM has to be at the ready to make a switch as a contingency plan.

pbmax
12-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Its funny seeing Tolzien discussed this way. His arm is stronger than Wallace's or Flynn's, but it was a huge question mark at UW and was the reason he fell out of the draft.

Its improved, but it not Rodgers or Flynn. EDIT: should read Rodgers or Favre.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Its funny seeing Tolzien discussed this way. His arm is stronger than Wallace's or Flynn's, but it was a huge question mark at UW and was the reason he fell out of the draft.

Its improved, but it not Rodgers or Flynn.

Arm ... Tolzien <<< Flynn !...?

From what I've seen this season (and measurement data is limited) that isn't the case.

My observation..... Tolzien has a stronger arm than Flynn and overall is more athletic.

Flynn is 'a duck on the water' in the pocket. He suffered 7 SACKS Vs Detroit.

Tolzien is slow in some ways but tries to escape a rush. His spin move rushing TD was the BEST highlight offensive play I've seen since Aaron Rodgers went down.

Tolzien has made some long throws for completions. Matt Flynn had a nice 56 yarder Vs the Lions late but other than that....nadda.

pbmax
12-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Arm ... Tolzien <<< Flynn !...?

From what I've seen this season (and measurement data is limited) that isn't the case.

That was a typo. Previous paragraph read it was stronger than Flynn and Wallace.

Next paragraph should have read Rodgers or Favre.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:47 AM

Its improved, but it not Rodgers or Flynn. EDIT: should read Rodgers or Favre.

OK sure...I certainly agree with this post now. :glug:

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:47 AM
That was a typo. Previous paragraph read it was stronger than Flynn and Wallace.

Next paragraph should have read Rodgers or Favre.

Cool.