PDA

View Full Version : Kahlil Bell a Packer?

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Kahlil Bell ‏@KahlilBell32 21m
So greatful for this opportunity to be apart of the Green Bay Packers Its been a long year but kept the faith n kept fighting! Im a Packer!!
Retweeted by Adam Caplan

Film at 11.

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1m
According to a league source, #Packers have signed RB Kahlil Bell. He worked last season and again today.

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Quick, guess the corresponding roster move!

Pugger
12-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Tell me more about this player.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Quick, guess the corresponding roster move!

EDS?

red
12-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Cobb or arod to IR

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
I've also heard CJ Wilson to IR but without a good source.

denverYooper
12-02-2013, 04:34 PM
It's unlikely, but maybe they'll cut Newhouse.

KYPack
12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
I always thought Cobb's deal was more than an 8 week thing.

I didn't know Wilson was hurt.

red
12-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I always thought Cobb's deal was more than an 8 week thing.

I didn't know Wilson was hurt.

How can you know that when no one on the planet knows whats wrong with him?

MadtownPacker
12-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Can this guy throw the ball? If not who gives a shit.

pbmax
12-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Maybe its for the wildcat?

Guiness
12-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Do they have to let anyone go? I don't remember them adding a player after Franklin was IRd.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Tell me more about this player.

He likes football and ... well you check it out.

Copy and paste his name into some search engine ie:

GOOGLE.

OK watch me or picture this procedure:

1) There see that... I copied his name by right clicking his name with my mouse and tracing over his name.

2. See that ...I ' pasted ' his name (again ... by right clicking with my mouse) and then left clicking to drop his name into the search engine search box I prefer or GOOGLE

3. I then... clicked search ....waiting .... waiting.... NO! It's fast !

4: Look at that wow.....and in a brief second... a whole whack of name related LINKS on any topic search you may wish to have.

ie:

A result of my GOOGLE Search:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enCA428CA428&q=Kahlil+Bell

and some choices from above:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234136941.html

http://www.nfl.com/player/kahlilbell/80630/profile

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellKa00.htm

So many more LINKS with information on ie new Packer RB Kahlil Bell.

Gooooogle ..... Almost magical....An internet best friend for any research almost any question you may have Pugger.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:00 PM
It's unlikely, but maybe they'll cut Newhouse.

I can't see the relationship to this signing. We need at OL.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Maybe its for the wildcat?

MM wants to experiment with the Wildcat!?

Are you joking?

Joemailman
12-02-2013, 05:07 PM
I knew this name rung a bell for some reason. :rs:

On Christmas night in 2011, playing for the Bears, he rushed for 121 yards against the Packers in a 35-21 Packer win. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201112250gnb.htm

MadScientist
12-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Cobb is already on IR-DFR, so it is not him. AR or EDS to IR makes the most sense, unless someone else is even more injured.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Cobb is already on IR-DFR, so it is not him. AR or EDS to IR makes the most sense, unless someone else is even more injured.

It will NOT be Aaron Rodgers right now unless .... TT and MM fear losing their minds ie:

That they might slip up and use Aaron Rodgers before it's proper time.

That leaves EDS but what's the most accurate scoop on his injury and time for rehabilitation?

PACKERS !

mission
12-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Do they have to let anyone go? I don't remember them adding a player after Franklin was IRd.

This, I thought ?

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:34 PM

http://www.packers.com/team/transactions.html

LB Victor Aiyewa signed to active roster from the practice squad; RB Johnathan Franklin placed on injured reserve

Pugger
12-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Yes, I don't think they added anybody after Franklin went on IR.

Pugger
12-02-2013, 05:39 PM
He likes football and ... well you check it out.

Copy and paste his name into some search engine ie:

GOOGLE.

OK watch me or picture this procedure:

1) There see that... I copied his name by right clicking his name with my mouse and tracing over his name.

2. See that ...I ' pasted ' his name (again ... by right clicking with my mouse) and then left clicking to drop his name into the search engine search box I prefer or GOOGLE

3. I then... clicked search ....waiting .... waiting.... NO! It's fast !

4: Look at that wow.....and in a brief second... a whole whack of name related LINKS on any topic search you may wish to have.

ie:

A result of my GOOGLE Search:

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enCA428CA428&q=Kahlil+Bell

and some choices from above:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234136941.html

http://www.nfl.com/player/kahlilbell/80630/profile

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BellKa00.htm

So many more LINKS with information on ie new Packer RB Kahlil Bell.

Gooooogle ..... Almost magical....An internet best friend for any research almost any question you may have Pugger.

I was lazy. :lol:

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 05:41 PM
EDS?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10050051/evan-dietrich-smith-green-bay-packers-injures-knee-detroit-lions

Evan Dietrich-Smith injures knee

Updated: November 28, 2013, 2:38 PM ET

By Rob Demovsky | ESPN.com

Please click on the LINK for this information.

Comment woodbuck27:

Evan Dietrich-Smith left the Nov. 10 game Vs the Eagles because of a knee injury.

It's not known if the two injuries are related.

Evan Dietrich-Smith was not listed on the Packers' injury report this week.

PACKERS !

pbmax
12-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure Franklin was one of two moves to put Richardson and Worthy on the active roster.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Special teams? Otherwise, I give up, why another running back?

Guiness
12-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Special teams? Otherwise, I give up, why another running back?

Really only 2 healthy ball carriers right now, Lacy and Starks. I'd guess the coaching staff doesn't trust Starks to carry the load if Lacy goes down.

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I was lazy. :lol:

Lazy is OK..ignorance is bliss. :grin:

woodbuck27
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Yes, I don't think they added anybody after Franklin went on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness :

My post just before your's :

http://www.packers.com/team/transactions.html

LB Victor Aiyewa signed to active roster from the practice squad; RB Johnathan Franklin placed on injured reserve

KYPack
12-02-2013, 07:23 PM
How can you know that when no one on the planet knows whats wrong with him?

They reported it was some kind of fracture (stress, micro?). That's more than 8 weeks.

Then, there was other reports, but I figured it was gonna be longer than 8 wks.

Patler
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM

They signed a linebacker from their practice squad, Aiyewa or something like that. He played special teams in Detroit. They needed him as a backup inside, because Latimore was out.

Edit - - - Ooops, I see Woodbuck already stated this.

Bossman641
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Gonna say EDS done for the year

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 12:12 AM

Yup... so he's the man that will be named on IR to make room for this new RB signing.

If Kahlil Bell is signed.

Jimx29
12-03-2013, 12:21 AM
He was on Larry McCarren's show on tv tonight, and he didn't sound like he be gone very much if at all. Maybe just bravado? Larry didn't really grill him on the whole situation though.
also, we must be getting close to the max. for players named kalil/kahill, ya?

Patler
12-03-2013, 03:44 AM
I think it will be C.J. Wilson that goes to IR. He looked to be in an awful lot of pain when he got hurt on Thursday.

If EDS has to go to IR, or even if he is forced to miss some starts, they might be forced to sign Garth Gerhart from their practice squad, or another center of sorts, because I don't think they have anyone able to play center if Lang were to get injured. Barclay worked at center for a while in TC, but according to reports it did not go well at all. Apparently he had a lot of difficulty with shotgun snaps.

Patler
12-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Just to clear up the Worthy, Richardson, Franklin moves. From Packers.com transactions list:

11/27/2013 LB Victor Aiyewa signed to active roster from the practice squad; RB Johnathan Franklin placed on injured reserve

11/23/2013 S Sean Richardson and DE Jerel Worthy activated from reserve/physically unable to perform; CB Casey Hayward and CB James Nixon placed on injured reserve

Fritz
12-03-2013, 06:25 AM
God what a mess it's been on the injury front.

I wonder how much Perry's and Hayward's absences hurt this team. I think Perry has showed some real flashes from the right side; I hope they move the Claymaker over to the left so Perry can pair with him.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 09:09 AM
God what a mess it's been on the injury front.

I wonder how much Perry's and Hayward's absences hurt this team. I think Perry has showed some real flashes from the right side; I hope they move the Claymaker over to the left so Perry can pair with him.

Tough loss's for the team ignoring Aaron Rodgers:

On the IR list:

Brian Bulaga and DuJuan Harris (Aug. 27); Robert Francois (Oct. 7); Randall Cobb (Oct. 15);

Greg Van Roten (Oct. 16); Jermichael Finley (Nov.5) and Casey Hayward (Nov. 23).

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1m
According to a league source, #Packers have signed RB Kahlil Bell. He worked last season and again today.

They also have recently signed these two RB's to the Practise Squad:

1. November 13, 2013 ... RB Orwin Smith.

Get the Packer player movements and this guy. I wonder if Michael Hill's head is on a swivel !? :smile:

2. Oct. 22, 2013 ... RB Michael Hill was signed to the PS.... after being released on Oct. 18, 2013. He was originally signed from the PS on Sept. 30, 2013 and to the PS on Sept. 2, 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

MadScientist
12-03-2013, 03:18 PM
McMillan cut to make room for Bell.

Didn't see that coming.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:20 PM
McMillan cut to make room for Bell.

Didn't see that coming.

Me neither. I guess he hasn't been on the field. Maybe he's sucked on ST also.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m
#Packers down to 4 of 8 picks from the 2012 draft. Final four '12 selections - McMillian, Manning, Datko, Coleman - all have been released

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Me neither. I guess he hasn't been on the field. Maybe he's sucked on ST also.

S Jerron McMillian... He wasn't being used much. I felt he was close to being out the door.

We'll be watching to see where he lands.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:28 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-sign-RB-Kahlil-Bell-release-S-Jerron-McMillian/f2a9a453-114d-4085-acae-c239b4ff6b0b

Packers sign RB Kahlil Bell, release S Jerron McMillian

CB Antonio Dennard added to practice squad

Posted 13 minutes ago

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:37 PM
S Jerron McMillian... He wasn't being used much. I felt he was close to being out the door.

We'll be watching to see where he lands.

Watch him go to Seattle and play like an all pro.

pittstang5
12-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Must mean they already like what they've seen from Richardson. Surprised by this but nothing should surprise me with this team anymore

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Watch him go to Seattle and play like an all pro.

All that kid needs is solid coaching and the right scheme. Someone to slow him down a tad.

Maybe he'll grow better elsewhere.

Guiness
12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m
#Packers down to 4 of 8 picks from the 2012 draft. Final four '12 selections - McMillian, Manning, Datko, Coleman - all have been released

I don't think I like this. Did he really show that he couldn't develop and play?

I understand the need to stay young, but the Packers were lauded as a deep, talented team. They currently have 14 rookies on the roster, and had around that number to start the season. 14 rookies to not make a deep, talented squad.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:46 PM
All that kid needs is solid coaching and the right scheme. Someone to slow him down a tad.

Maybe he'll grow better elsewhere.

They have other, umm, methods, in Seattle that might improve his game.

Bigger, faster, stronger!

Bossman641
12-03-2013, 04:14 PM
McMillan is a real disappointment. I had high hopes for him coming into this season and expected him to make a jump similar to Daniels. Guessing he couldn't put it together mentally.

pbmax
12-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Must mean they already like what they've seen from Richardson. Surprised by this but nothing should surprise me with this team anymore

I hope that is it. McMillan was the best physical specimen back there outside of Burnett. Banjo hasn't been as effective as it looked like he might be early this season.

MadScientist
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I don't think I like this. Did he really show that he couldn't develop and play?

I understand the need to stay young, but the Packers were lauded as a deep, talented team. They currently have 14 rookies on the roster, and had around that number to start the season. 14 rookies to not make a deep, talented squad.

This wasn't an age thing. I thought McMillan had some talent and showed a little last year. The question is why did he regress this year. Perhaps there was and attitude issue that we don't know about, or maybe a there was a flaw in his game that other teams found and that he wasn't able to overcome.

Bossman641
12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
This wasn't an age thing. I thought McMillan had some talent and showed a little last year. The question is why did he regress this year. Perhaps there was and attitude issue that we don't know about, or maybe a there was a flaw in his game that other teams found and that he wasn't able to overcome.

Maybe he punched a coach like Barbre :grin:

Rodgers12
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Well said.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 06:16 PM

I've been thinking about your post.

It's one of those 'let's cut to the chase' responses.

Down...dirty...funny.

Patler
12-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I hope that is it. McMillan was the best physical specimen back there outside of Burnett. Banjo hasn't been as effective as it looked like he might be early this season.

Naw, Richardson is the Physical Specimen, isn't he?

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
S Sean Richardson is taller 6' - 2" and 216 lbs ... Jerron McMillian is 5' - 11 " and 203 lbs

They signed this fella today:.

A CB ... Antonio Dennard - Height: 5-11 Weight: 190 Age: 23

Born: 12/20/1989 - College: Langston - Experience: 1 Season

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIaw1EUNo8maZy7dQjf28Jk5IBaXMHD hPBANvMRX3vOR050vI9

Antonio Dennard

red
12-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Seems like TT the draft guru might turn out to be more of a myth more than anything

When you completely rely on the draft and undrafted rookies to build your team you just cant afford to have half of a draft class gone a year after they were picked

Who said it in another thread that maybe the brains behind the drafting was really the guy that left for seattle awhile back?

bobblehead
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM

McMillan was the hitter, Richardson is the guy with speed and size. He isn't vicious, but he might be a really good range guy.

bobblehead
12-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Seems like TT the draft guru might turn out to be more of a myth more than anything

When you completely rely on the draft and undrafted rookies to build your team you just cant afford to have half of a draft class gone a year after they were picked

Who said it in another thread that maybe the brains behind the drafting was really the guy that left for seattle awhile back?

I find it unlikely. Everyone has bad drafts from time to time. If we are healthy and not playing well, then I will reconsider.

KYPack
12-03-2013, 08:16 PM
McMillan is a real disappointment. I had high hopes for him coming into this season and expected him to make a jump similar to Daniels. Guessing he couldn't put it together mentally.

Yeah, add me to the list.

I felt/hoped we'd get some guys to really make the 2-3rd year jump.

So far, Daniels is the only one who has really come on to do that.

"Million" not only didn't make a jump, he regressed.

right off the team.

Joemailman
12-03-2013, 08:41 PM

Probably you.

red
12-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Probably you.

No, if it was me i'd be gloating about it right now

denverYooper
12-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I find it unlikely. Everyone has bad drafts from time to time. If we are healthy and not playing well, then I will reconsider.

Gotta agree with this POV. It's pretty hard to honestly judge a team that is as injured as Green Bay.

As far as half the draft class missing... they're at the point where they have to cut 1/2 of a draft class. Out of that class, the other half looks pretty good. They also got Hayward, Daniels and Perry who look to have Pro Bowl upside if they can stay on the field. Worthy gets a pass for now because he's coming back from injury.

This year, Lacy is a serious contender for OROY. Jones looks like he can be a difference maker. Bakh and Hyde look like solid contributors.

You can ding him for not shoring up the middle of the D with an ILB or S. Backup QB now looks like a fiasco. But to say he's not one of the top GM's on draft day is ridiculous.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 10:03 AM

True. My comment was mostly a reflection of who I had hoped would take the starting 2nd safety job this year and from that point of view Richardson seemed a long-shot to return and perhaps limited to late season fill-in work once he did. McMillan seemed the most physically talented of the remainders.

Frankly, I can say neither what I nor the staff thinks of him beyond his physical characteristics. He plays a mean special teams and can tackle, but I have seen so little of him in action, I have no idea what kind of safety I expect him to be.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I was considering candidates for the position this year and had limited (in my head, unfortunately, since Mad hasn't installed the update to the vBulletin software that let's you read my mind) the candidates to Jennings, Banjo and McMillan and whoever else might have been back there in preseason vying for the starting job. From this perspective, Richardson's return seemed uncertain and his contribution unknowable. I was rooting for the best physical characteristics out of the healthy bodies.

You are correct that Richardson is the physical freak but frankly, I can say neither what I nor the staff thinks of him beyond his physical characteristics. He plays a mean special teams and can tackle, but I have seen so little of him in action, I have no idea what kind of safety I expect him to be.

"You are correct that Richardson is the physical freak but frankly, I can say neither what I nor the staff thinks of him beyond his physical characteristics. He plays a mean special teams and can tackle, but I have seen so little of him in action, I have no idea what kind of safety I expect him to be." ...
Fr. pbmax above

1. pbmax ... Did you author the above excerpt taken from your post ? **

staff ?

2. Are you employed by the Green bay Packers?

pbmax
12-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Fr. pbmax above

1. pbmax ... Did you author the above excerpt taken from your post ? **

staff ?

2. Are you employed by the Green bay Packers?

No. But why do I need to be employed by the Packers to know that I do not know what the staff thinks about Richardson?

I know they thought of McMillan as good in the box and as a slot CB, but were more dubious about him deep. He lost his playing time after failing to stay deep versus the Ravens.

I know that they think Jennings has to play deep. Because of this, I know Jennings presence is a liability because he infrequently gets to deep receivers near the sidelines to provide actual help.

I know Burnett, by sheer volume of snaps, is trusted to be deep but continually lets players get behind him. I am unsure whether he or Jennings are worse at this.

I know Banjo can come up and tackle from deep but that he gets less playing time than Jennings, so that I know despite decent speed, he has a hole in his game the coaches are not comfortable with.

I cannot qualify anything like this for Richardson because most of what he has done so far is special teams.

Guiness
12-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I cannot qualify anything like this for Richardson because most of what he has done so far is special teams.

I know he's built like Aaron Rouse *shudder* but ya, that's also the extent of my knowledge.

He's one of the guys that the Pack saw and liked when they went to see Hayward. The Pack must like something about him, to keep a UDFA around through two injuries, did we ever get details on his neck injury?

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
No. But why do I need to be employed by the Packers to know that I do not know what the staff thinks about Richardson?

I know they thought of McMillan as good in the box and as a slot CB, but were more dubious about him deep. He lost his playing time after failing to stay deep versus the Ravens.

I know that they think Jennings has to play deep. Because of this, I know Jennings presence is a liability because he infrequently gets to deep receivers near the sidelines to provide actual help.

I know Burnett, by sheer volume of snaps, is trusted to be deep but continually lets players get behind him. I am unsure whether he or Jennings are worse at this.

I know Banjo can come up and tackle from deep but that he gets less playing time than Jennings, so that I know despite decent speed, he has a hole in his game the coaches are not comfortable with.

That thing about 'Staff'. I read your post in a specific context as to how you used the word.

It seemed 'up close and personal'.

After that even if you are Packer staff. NOT inferring that but say ... hypothetically:

As a member of Packerrats I would be rather impressed and complimented as a member of a Packer forum that offers an outstanding viewpoint on all things Packers... NFL... football... etc.

As far as the rest of this post above.

Thanks for your input.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
That thing about 'Staff'. I read your post in a specific context as to how you used the word.

It seemed 'up close and personal'.

After that even if you are Packer staff. NOT inferring that but say ... hypothetically:

As a member of Packerrats I would be rather impressed and complimented as a member of a Packer forum that offers an outstanding viewpoint on all things Packers... NFL... football... etc.

As far as the rest of this post above.

Thanks for your input.

I could have used playing time and that probably would have reduced the confusion. Because without seeing how the coaches want him used on the field, we don't know what they think of him except the personnel department at least thought his numbers were intriguing.

But I wanted to distinguish between what the coaches think he can do versus what I think he can do. Its important with Richardson because I know next to nothing about him myself.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I could have used playing time and that probably would have reduced the confusion. Because without seeing how the coaches want him used on the field, we don't know what they think of him except the personnel department at least thought his numbers were intriguing.

But I wanted to distinguish between what the coaches think he can do versus what I think he can do. Its important with Richardson because I know next to nothing about him myself.

I played a lot of sports and was in martial arts so long.

I know that how a person uses his/her energy means a big difference.

I know that when McMillian ws drafted I thought to myself ...College Program>>>longshot.

We thought the same way with Nick Collins in what now seems an other era ago.

Back to Jerron McMillian. Maybe all that energy wasn't properly focused and/or the coaching staff couldn't reach him that way?

He has a chance now to find a team and system that's possibly a better fit for him. As MM said...I wish him well.

This fact came to fruition:

Jerron McMillian's time was up and RE: Sean Richardson the focus can now turn more to him.

It may be that simple? That mere speculation.