PDA

View Full Version : Official Falcons Discussion

pbmax
12-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Let's start it off with the important news, Josh Sitton was Twitter bombing the television program The Voice and TJ Lang tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bah3RouCEAAOozf.jpg:large

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Let's start it off with the important news, Josh Sitton was Twitter bombing the television program The Voice and TJ Lang tonight.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bah3RouCEAAOozf.jpg:large

and this should be added:

A real presence.

He's also a lovely man with outstanding control and manners.

Fritz
12-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Well, I am starting to come to grips with what looks like a lost season. The defensive performance still digs at me, but I realize that this team got snowed under by injuries and could be kept afloat as long as #12 was playing, but not once he went down for so many games. And it looks like no Arod this week, either.

I have no confidence in this team right now, at all. I still have some vague hope - I can't stand it when people like this friend of mine say "The Lions are going to win the division for sure. I know they are" just because he doesn't "know." You can say you know certain teams won't win the SB - the Jags, the Vikes, and so on - but you don't "know" anything more about the future any more than those TV psychics.

So I have a flicker of hope, but am coming to grips with what looks like a lost season. I don't know if I'm raging to have Capers fired, but frankly I'd be relieved if, at the end of the season, he gracefully retired. I don't want to dump the whole defensive roster, either, but I'd like to see Thompson devote some resources to that side of the ball in the draft.

The injuries, combined with Rodgers' injury, plus the mystery of the defensive collapse, have spelled this season's swirl into the crapper. Part of me wants to see MM put Rodgers out there to try to resurrect this season, but part of me is scared he's not really healed and that putting him out there would be too risky.

But I have zero faith in this team right now. I would not be surprised to see the bumbling, stumbling Falcons come in and bomb Green Bay. The Pack somehow seems to be lost, just lost. That's been the most disappointing. MM has not done a good job keeping this team afloat. At all.

Harlan Huckleby
12-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Packers have a chance against the Falcons, even with a backup. But it doesn't matter - the Lions are going to win the division for sure, I know they are.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Whatevs. The Lions can eke out a division title and get mauled in the playoffs, only to return to second chair next year when King Rodgers returns.

pbmax
12-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Remember Yoop, always front run. Congratulate Detroit fans when/if it happens and then tell them it will make being second in the division for the next six years more palatable.

Or that it will help them forget Wayne Fontes.

Good for them! :lol:

Pugger
12-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Whatevs. The Lions can eke out a division title and get mauled in the playoffs, only to return to second chair next year when King Rodgers returns.

Yup. The ONLY reason the loins are leading the division is because King Aaron is hurt.

However, the Falcons are MN bad this season and we tied MN at home because of poor QB play by Tolzien. IF Mac can get either Tolzien or Flynn to play even mediocre QB we can win this if Rodgers is held out. Eke out a win in this game and we still have a faint pulse.

channtheman
12-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm so disappointed in this teams inability to beat terrible teams without Rodgers. Even with injuries, you would have thought we would win TWO of the last 5 games. Best chances were Minny and Chicago, all the more important as those are divisional games. Who needs to start the game day thread to lead us to the Super Bowl, is that Bretsky?

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 10:59 AM
FWIW, the only terrible team GB played in that stretch was Minny. And they tied that one.

Pugger
12-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm so disappointed in this teams inability to beat terrible teams without Rodgers. Even with injuries, you would have thought we would win TWO of the last 5 games. Best chances were Minny and Chicago, all the more important as those are divisional games. Who needs to start the game day thread to lead us to the Super Bowl, is that Bretsky?

Why would we be any different? If you don't have competent QB play you don't win. MN is a prime example. They have some decent players and one MVP player. But because their QB situation is a joke they are struggling to get wins this year even tho they have the best RB on the planet. Look back when Manning got hurt when he was with Indy. The year before with Peyton they had 10 wins and only 2 without. Indy drafts Luck and they are back to their winning ways.

channtheman
12-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Why would we be any different? If you don't have competent QB play you don't win. MN is a prime example. They have some decent players and one MVP player. But because their QB situation is a joke they are struggling to get wins this year even tho they have the best RB on the planet. Look back when Manning got hurt when he was with Indy. The year before with Peyton they had 10 wins and only 2 without. Indy drafts Luck and they are back to their winning ways.

I guess I just thought our run game and "improving" defense could hold on for a COUPLE wins. Not all of the games, but at least 2 out of 5.

Pugger
12-04-2013, 12:02 AM
I guess I just thought our run game and "improving" defense could hold on for a COUPLE wins. Not all of the games, but at least 2 out of 5.

If there was ever a week where Lacy could run wild again this is it. The Falcons' D is pretty bad. They don't rush the passer very well or stop the run. If MM can get Flynn to play as well as he did against MN for the entire game and Lacy gets yards we have a chance.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2013, 01:19 AM
If MM can get Flynn to play as well as he did against MN for the entire game and Lacy gets yards we have a chance.

I don't know, there is more film on Flynn, and they can press. McGinn says Atlanta is bad on defense. We'll have to see what happens when a movable force meets a stoppable object.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Well, I am starting to come to grips with what looks like a lost season. The defensive performance still digs at me, but I realize that this team got snowed under by injuries and could be kept afloat as long as #12 was playing, but not once he went down for so many games. And it looks like no Arod this week, either.

I have no confidence in this team right now, at all. I still have some vague hope - I can't stand it when people like this friend of mine say "The Lions are going to win the division for sure. I know they are" just because he doesn't "know." You can say you know certain teams won't win the SB - the Jags, the Vikes, and so on - but you don't "know" anything more about the future any more than those TV psychics.

So I have a flicker of hope, but am coming to grips with what looks like a lost season. I don't know if I'm raging to have Capers fired, but frankly I'd be relieved if, at the end of the season, he gracefully retired. I don't want to dump the whole defensive roster, either, but I'd like to see Thompson devote some resources to that side of the ball in the draft.

The injuries, combined with Rodgers' injury, plus the mystery of the defensive collapse, have spelled this season's swirl into the crapper. Part of me wants to see MM put Rodgers out there to try to resurrect this season, but part of me is scared he's not really healed and that putting him out there would be too risky.

But I have zero faith in this team right now. I would not be surprised to see the bumbling, stumbling Falcons come in and bomb Green Bay. The Pack somehow seems to be lost, just lost. That's been the most disappointing. MM has not done a good job keeping this team afloat. At all.

Fritz as well as anyone your aware of how well the Lions play away from home in Dec.

Checking the schedule:

Realistically speaking...do you see two possible loss's?

PACKERS !

run pMc
12-04-2013, 08:18 AM
McGinn's take: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-falcons-b99155647z1-234354731.html

At this point, even with a December home game against a losing NFCS dome team it's a tossup. The defense has been bad. Maybe the extra time off will help?

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 08:58 AM
If there was ever a week where Lacy could run wild again this is it. The Falcons' D is pretty bad. They don't rush the passer very well or stop the run. If MM can get Flynn to play as well as he did against MN for the entire game and Lacy gets yards we have a chance.

Yea their rushing 'D' is somewhat worse that ours:

Atlanta Rushing 'D': 30th allowing 135.4 Y/G Vs Green Bay Rushing 'D': 26th allowing 125.9 Y/G

Last week the Atlanta Falcons played the Buffalo Bills and won. The Bills rushing 'D' is ranked 24th in the NFL.

Atlanta RB Stephen Jackson went 23 carries for 83 yards and 2 TD's.

We just saw what the Green Bay rushing 'not' success was like Vs a solid rushing 'D' or Detroit's 3rd ranked rush 'D'. Detroit has been allowing on average 82.7 Y/G. The Packers managed 24 yards on 15 carries with four Packers sharing that load. Sure the Packers OL had a terrible day.

I want to make this point. In the game Vs Atlanta it seems reasonable to me in analysis to determine that we will be about even on the ground.

Looking at a comparison in the passing game:

Green Bay Vs Atlanta PASSING:

Our passing 'O' is about equal. Atlanta 5th ranked Vs Green Bay - 7th ranked.

Atlanta has the 20th ranked passing 'D allowing an avg. of 247.8 Y/G. Vs Green Bay's 22nd ranked allowing slightly more ... 250.5 Y/G.

So there's not much there either way until you look at the QB position:

Matt Ryan vs Matt Flynn. Matt Ryan Vs Scott Tolzien. I give the edge there to Matt Flynn.

With a healthy Aaron Rodgers we have a good chance of a 'W' in this matchup. Even with Aaron Rodgers being out for a month we have a pickem.

I don't believe that Aaron Rodgers is going to play. There's too much heat on MM and TT now. Using Aaron Rodgers is loaded.

I believe that we won't see Aaron Rodgers unless we see some real chance for the playoffs.

That means a win over Atlanta with a backup QB (Flynn or Tolzien). A Detroit Lion's loss.

PACKERS !

channtheman
12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Detroit is at Philly so definitely a possible loss for them.

denverYooper
12-04-2013, 09:37 AM
McGinn's take: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-falcons-b99155647z1-234354731.html

At this point, even with a December home game against a losing NFCS dome team it's a tossup. The defense has been bad. Maybe the extra time off will help?

It should.

I do think they were probably exhausted in the Detroit game and the offensive ineptitude made it much worse.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Detroit is at Philly so definitely a possible loss for them.

I'd say an excellent chance for the Lions to lose there.

Based on analysis...I'd easily bet that the Lions lose that game if I was a betting man. :lol:

I'm merely a Pro Pickem man.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 09:55 AM

I say with a backup behind center for our side:

It's a pickem in the eyes of Vegas. Their concern is their $money$. Vegas is unemotional about the teams involved

I write that without actually looking to see how Vegas looks at this matchup. Nor what the experts or fans feel in terms of picking a winner in this game.

OK let me look:

Vegas has it 'Off' right now or on Wed. AM. Vegas is concerned over a definite election by MM >>> QB.

It's still early but 65% of Experts say that the Packers win. A warm weather team playing in Dec. in Green Bay!

PACKERS over Atlanta

pbmax
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Good grief:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 49m
McCarthy on EDS: Twisted his ankle today in practice. Did not complete the practice. See how he is in the morning.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
#Packers injury report:
Bostick (conc) full
Lattimore (quad) full
Neal (ab) DNP
Perry (foot) lim
EDS (knee/ankle) lim
Wilson (ankle)DNP

plus

Rodgers (upperbody tweak) limited.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m
New #Packers RB @KahlilBell32, who played for the Bears, said he lost 500 Twitter followers when he signed with GB.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Good grief:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 49m
McCarthy on EDS: Twisted his ankle today in practice. Did not complete the practice. See how he is in the morning.

Stretchers and Wheel Chairs at the ready on the Packer sideline.

Body bags double as wheel chair cushions.

This isn't going to stop.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m
New #Packers RB @KahlilBell32, who played for the Bears, said he lost 500 Twitter followers when he signed with GB.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7C1Uy3-6WNTPFoV49qEKvfnFkxv8oSaN2ibW5a_Snwwp8EQ2p

and the twitter..ers were twittering off...

" OFF we go... into the wild blue yonder,

Climbing high ... into the sun

Here they come ... zooming to meet our thunder

At 'em boys ....Give 'er the gun! "

Jimx29
12-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Flexed again
http://www.packers.com/gameday/gameday-information.html

Guiness
12-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Flexed again

No great surprise, I would guess. Before the season, this would have been billed as a premier matchup. Now, well, they have the same number of wins as the Titans and Jaguars.

ThunderDan
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Flexed again

A friend of mine is pissed. They are bringing a group of 12 guys to the game and they have hotel rooms for Sunday night. Now they don't need them.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
No great surprise, I would guess. Before the season, this would have been billed as a premier matchup. Now, well, they have the same number of wins as the Titans and Jaguars.

The scalpers should do well on this game.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Didn't this happen 3 weeks ago?

EDIT: Google says earliest article about it was Nov 24th.

Which gives me another answer to Patler's question about what it takes to make me happy as a fan:

Early Sunday starts are one side benefit of being mediocre or terrible.

pbmax
12-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Rodgers will not be playing if the reports about McCarthy and Rodgers' comments are accurate.

McCarthy says he is not scheduled to have another X-ray this week. Rodgers says he has three hurdles to clear (and has cleared two of them): x-ray, strength and flexibility. He also said he needs to clear them by Saturday at the latest.

He said on his radio show the X-ray was not as positive as he was wishing for, so that has to be the last hurdle.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 51m
So Rodgers has not been medically cleared. McCarthy says he won't be scanned again this week. So how does he get medical clearance to play?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m
@jasonjwilde You're always looking for drama.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
A friend of mine is pissed. They are bringing a group of 12 guys to the game and they have hotel rooms for Sunday night. Now they don't need them.

Excuse me...explain more please.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Rodgers will not be playing if the reports about McCarthy and Rodgers' comments are accurate.

McCarthy says he is not scheduled to have another X-ray this week. Rodgers says he has three hurdles to clear (and has cleared two of them): x-ray, strength and flexibility. He also said he needs to clear them by Saturday at the latest.

He said on his radio show the X-ray was not as positive as he was wishing for, so that has to be the last hurdle.

So Rodgers has not been medically cleared. McCarthy says he won't be scanned again this week. So how does he get medical clearance to play?

OK so get all psyched up again for Matt Flynn behind center...whoever that might be?

This 'soap' has to end ...this is it's last season. It's got no characters and actors can't fit the bill.

red
12-04-2013, 04:20 PM

The team just refuses to be open or honest with its fan base

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 04:29 PM
The team just refuses to be open or honest with its fan base

You'd think that TT/MM are running some sort of spy/war games drama.

Welcome to..... 'the Packers CIA Zone'.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKqMx2fy-xGAj86tvyHI6K7bL7CtMXJwtvV1M5ql_nbWEfKAve

Well Mikey we've got them all fooled. ... We sure do Ted.

bobblehead
12-04-2013, 09:02 PM

People who speak in absolutes are absolutely foolish.

bobblehead
12-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Packers have a chance against the Falcons, even with a backup. But it doesn't matter - the Lions are going to win the division for sure, I know they are.

citing case law.

bobblehead
12-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Remember Yoop, always front run. Congratulate Detroit fans when/if it happens and then tell them it will make being second in the division for the next six years more palatable.

Or that it will help them forget Wayne Fontes.

Good for them! :lol:

Didn't matt millen make them forget wayne fontes?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Flexed again

Well, the good news is it will be a lot warmer for the early game...21 vs 16 at night.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 08:25 AM

That's even better.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Put Banjo and Masthay in charge of tackling drills. Because one seems to understand it and the other can demonstrate it on film.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234531701.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

denverYooper
12-05-2013, 08:59 AM

BOMNF!

ThunderDan
12-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Excuse me...explain more please.

A game that starts at 7:30 ends around 10:30. So they had hotel rooms so they didn't have to drive home late after the game. They took half days off on Monday so they didn't have to be to work until noon.

Now the game will be done at 3pm and they could be home by 7pm at the latest.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 09:24 AM
A game that starts at 7:30 ends around 10:30. So they had hotel rooms so they didn't have to drive home late after the game. They took half days off on Monday so they didn't have to be to work until noon.

Now the game will be done at 3pm and they could be home by 7pm at the latest.

Thanks. I did finally come to understand what you posted.

Originally I failed to make the connection.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 11:57 AM
citing case law.

Yes, but with Harlan he might just be gearing up a poll question, so he's ramping up the certainty.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8m
New out at Packers practice: Pickett, Dietrich-Smith. Also out Neal (ab) n Wilson (ankle)

Rodgers practicing in pads but reporters only saw him in individual drills, hints at no change of status.

Upnorth
12-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8m
New out at Packers practice: Pickett, Dietrich-Smith. Also out Neal (ab) n Wilson (ankle)

Rodgers practicing in pads but reporters only saw him in individual drills, hints at no change of status.

Considering the state of the oline lets hope there is no change in his status. We are going into next year country and until we can put a solid(ish) oline infront of Rodgers why risk the franchise pointlessly.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Bach is out as well, after reporters saw him yesterday with no obvious issues.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
Newhouse mostly at LT and combination of Sherrod, Barclay, Taylor, on the right. RT @jpdavis1982: Who is working without Bakthiari and EDS?

If you were worried about Lang at center, how do you feel about Newhouse on the left?

pbmax
12-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 27m
That being said, looks like Matt Flynn continues to take the reps with the first team. So no surprises there.

KYPack
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Bach is out as well, after reporters saw him yesterday with no obvious issues.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
Newhouse mostly at LT and combination of Sherrod, Barclay, Taylor, on the right. RT @jpdavis1982: Who is working without Bakthiari and EDS?

If you were worried about Lang at center, how do you feel about Newhouse on the left? Bach is out?

Just freakin' shoot me!

When did he get hurt?

Upnorth
12-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 27m
That being said, looks like Matt Flynn continues to take the reps with the first team. So no surprises there.

THe sacrifical lamb lead to slaughter...

pbmax
12-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Bach is out?

Just freakin' shoot me!

When did he get hurt?

No one knows. He seemed uninjured when they saw him in the locker room yesterday. PC coming up later.

Freak Out
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
With the line they way it is just keep Rodgers out of there!

pbmax
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Bach is OK! He is just sick and puked in one of Sitton's shoes.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 34s
MM: Bakhtiari went home ill today. He was in meetings. A lot of stuff going around and David has it today

denverYooper
12-05-2013, 01:30 PM

MM: Bakhtiari went home ill today. He was in meetings. A lot of stuff going around and David has it today

Next thing you know, he's going to be on IR with a scapular injury.

Guiness
12-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Bach is out?

Just freakin' shoot me!

When did he get hurt?

Film room injury. Here's a shot of the OL heading into the meeting

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-2327153-19E19480000005DC-58_634x559.jpg

LP
12-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Must have finally watched film from Thanksgiving!

pbmax
12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
#Packers injuries: Bostick FULL, EDS DNP, Lattimore FULL, Neal DNP, Perry LIM, Pickett DNP, Rodgers LIM, Wilson DNP, Bakhtiari (ill) DNP

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m
MM: Rodgers made progress today, but no more clarity regarding Sunday. Step closer, doing more in weight room.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 4m
MM: Rodgers won't get into specifics. He's not been cleared. If AR would like to share details, that's player's option. Making progress

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m
MM likes team's work ethic. Thought today one of better padded practices. (My opinion, spirited half-line drill today)

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2m
MM on the weather: "That's a loser's mentality" to count on the weather.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m
MM: EDS, I'm hopeful he can do something tomorrow. Getting injured on Wednesday is never a good thing. Taking it day-to-day

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m
MM on Jackson: He's a three-down football player, always has been. His pass pro is good. He's a complete player. What you look for in RBs

NO IDEA HERE. WAS THIS A QUESTION OF BELL VERSUS BRANDON JACKSON? IS THIS MISLABELED OR DID WE JUST NOT GET THE BELL COMMENT?

MM: Good to see JC Tretter in pads today. He's rusty, obviously. Snapping was something he's done good job of

MM: Sean Richardson, as far as being on top of defense, Darren Perry felt comfortable he could keep up on it. Didn't do as well on s. teams

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
Richardson might get more opportunities at safety this week, MM says. And that's all from here.

run pMc
12-05-2013, 01:53 PM

If the scan has to be clean to clear him to play and they aren't going to scan him again this week, it's fair to say he's not going to play.
If the expectation is that he "might" play (as wilde seems to think) then he has a fair point.

I guess Rodgers practicing but not playing is like torture to some fans/reporters.

Unless they can straighten out the defense and get healthy on the OL, it might not matter who plays QB. For starters, I hope EDS can play, Newhouse stays out of the lineup, and the defense learns to tackle.

run pMc
12-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 1m
Richardson might get more opportunities at safety this week, MM says. And that's all from here.

Given how the safeties have played this year, I'm on board with this.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 02:00 PM
If the scan has to be clean to clear him to play and they aren't going to scan him again this week, it's fair to say he's not going to play.
If the expectation is that he "might" play (as wilde seems to think) then he has a fair point.

I guess Rodgers practicing but not playing is like torture to some fans/reporters.

Unless they can straighten out the defense and get healthy on the OL, it might not matter who plays QB. For starters, I hope EDS can play, Newhouse stays out of the lineup, and the defense learns to tackle.

I think this is as close as the Packers get to trying to confuse the competition. They aren't going to lie, but they have decided not to connect the dots for you.

hoosier
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM

The xrays aren't always conclusive. There is also the old country doctors trick: if the fracture site is sensitive to pressure from the doc's thumb then it's not fully healed yet. Maybe they're planning to drum on his collar bone Saturday morning to see if there's been any progress since Tuesday.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, I am at a point where it will not break my heart if we lose, but I think we will win, only because I am back in wisconsin to do a little ice fishing, and we are due...

denverYooper
12-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, I am at a point where it will not break my heart if we lose, but I think we will win, only because I am back in wisconsin to do a little ice fishing, and we are due...

Too bad. You're missing gorgeous weather here in Colorado.

bobblehead
12-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2m
MM on Jackson: He's a three-down football player, always has been. His pass pro is good. He's a complete player. What you look for in RBs

NO IDEA HERE. WAS THIS A QUESTION OF BELL VERSUS BRANDON JACKSON? IS THIS MISLABELED OR DID WE JUST NOT GET THE BELL COMMENT?

stephen jackson

pbmax
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
stephen jackson

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Been bugging me right in that sweet spot between I know something is wrong but I will be damned if I am going to Google it.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Film room injury. Here's a shot of the OL heading into the meeting

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/05/20/article-2327153-19E19480000005DC-58_634x559.jpg

Their ready ! Psyched !!

KYPack
12-05-2013, 08:15 PM
stephen jackson

Thanks, bub.

I thought Brandon Jackson, too.

Guy had great pass pro, but couldn't run, like, a football.

pittstang5
12-05-2013, 08:22 PM

At this point, I'd love a win, just for team morale.

And on another note, screw the playoffs. Even though they are not mathematically eliminated, does anyone really want to see this Packer team play a team like Seattle....San Fran....New Orleans - I sure as hell don't.

Patler
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Even though they are not mathematically eliminated, does anyone really want to see this Packer team play a team like Seattle....San Fran....New Orleans - I sure as hell don't.

Yes, I would love to see them play any or all of them in the playoffs.

highlander
12-05-2013, 08:50 PM
At this point, I'd love a win, just for team morale.

And on another note, screw the playoffs. Even though they are not mathematically eliminated, does anyone really want to see this Packer team play a team like Seattle....San Fran....New Orleans - I sure as hell don't.

Better question is. With a healthy Rodgers and a team with many wounds and doubts. Would any of those teams want to see the Packers? I think not.

channtheman
12-06-2013, 01:54 AM
The Packers won't win this week because I still desperately want them to win.

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 03:00 AM
I'm with Patler and Highlander. I want to see them in the playoffs as much as I doubt it will happen. Get hot at the right time. And don't think seattle is unbeatable, we were 15-1 and got punked. In todays NFL wildcard teams go on runs all the time..especially ones with guys like ARod at QB.

channtheman
12-06-2013, 04:46 AM
And Seattle isn't perfect at home since Russell Wilson's been their QB despite what the BSPN might keep spouting...

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 05:39 AM

Ohh CRAP!

It used to mean 'with ice fishing' that we were much more assured of a win. Especially with 'shorts weather' teams.

I long for 'the good old days'.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 05:41 AM
The Packers won't win this week because I still desperately want them to win.

No it's better to really believe:

Here's some help... channtheman:

Half a league, half a league,

Half a league onward,

All in the valley of Death,

Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!

Charge for the guns' he said:

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 05:42 AM

BEST ANSWER !

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 05:50 AM
And Seattle isn't perfect at home since Russell Wilson's been their QB despite what the BSPN might keep spouting...

Seattle Schedule 2012:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2012/REG/SEAHAWKS

Ahh this blemish >>> Week 3 ... Sept. 24, 2012: CLICK ON the game scheduled for that game...

..... if you have the stomach !?

FOX loves him too ... Ashley Fox:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10080600/russell-wilson-not-peyton-manning-season-nfl-most-valuable-player

Russell Wilson is NFL's real MVP

Manning may have the stats, but Wilson has been invaluable to league's top team

Originally Published: December 5, 2013

By Ashley Fox | ESPN.com

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 06:31 AM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/cold-hard-football-facts-blog/cold-hard-autopsy-the-2013-atlanta-falcons/27085/

Cold Hard Autopsy: The 2013 Atlanta Falcons

Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 28, 2013

"Abraham and Robinson removed from their seats
Turner replaced by Jackson's nimbler feet
Secondary bolstered by April selections
Yet the Falcons defense shows many holes
The runners get no pop off of their soles
To the very bottom is this team's lone direction"

Comment woodbuck27:

It's making it's point and accurate but not up to one of my favourite poems:

Get into it Boys...*** SHOUT IT OUT !! ***

Half a league onward,
Rode the six hundred.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldiers knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

More ... more ... more .... and finally ...

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

*** THERE ...... HOW DID THAT FEEL !? :alc:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg5nmhdgNtJzdEZNKtLqvgpF7mwgkBL T7NKPSnXrF_LBb98jWm1g

** the whole shebang ... If you want to work off some frustration or energy I recommend reading it out loud with emphasis. It's an awesome poem. I mean read it with real gusto and arms waving and a few swift fist pumps. Do it to honor 'The Right Honourable Tennyson' Always Poet Laureate of ...... Ireland. **

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade_(poem)

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 06:58 AM
No it's better to really believe:

Here's some help... channtheman:

Half a league onward,

Rode the six hundred.

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

GO PACK GO !

Let's bring it in really close:

Let's focus on the GREEN BAY PACKERS !!

Go! You Packers! Go!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go!_You_Packers!_Go!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Go_you_packers.jpg/270px-Go_you_packers.jpg

" Written by Eric Karll, a commercial jingle writer residing in Milwaukee, and first played at a Packers football game by the Lumberjack Band in 1931. "

Note: The line "On, you Green and Gold, to glory," was originally "On, you Blue and Gold, to glory," reflecting the original team colors of the Green Bay Packers.

GO! YOU PACKERS, GO !

Hail, hail the gang's all here to yell for you,
And keep you going in your winning ways,
Hail, hail the gang's all here to tell you too,
That win or lose, we'll always sing you praises Packers;

Go, you Packers, go and get 'em,
Go, you fighting fools upset 'em,
Smash their line with all your might,
A touchdown, Packers, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!
On, you Green (Blue) and Gold, to glory,
Win this game the same old story,
Fight, you Packers,
Fight, and bring the bacon home to Old Green Bay.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK2ZBYjnWQ-GobrvieqoabegOsMkDesPCzNeJHBACbypQ06x1_Rg

THERE ! FIGHT PACKER FANS ! FIGHT FOR THE HONOR OF YOUR BELOVED PACKERS !

QBME
12-06-2013, 07:54 AM

This.

Fritz
12-06-2013, 08:06 AM
If Nick Perry gets some snaps from the right, and if EDS plays, they've got a chance, maybe. But I would like to see the run defense, well, stop somebody.

pbmax
12-06-2013, 09:16 AM
I'm with Patler and Highlander. I want to see them in the playoffs as much as I doubt it will happen. Get hot at the right time. And don't think seattle is unbeatable, we were 15-1 and got punked. In todays NFL wildcard teams go on runs all the time..especially ones with guys like ARod at QB.

I am in this camp. You give them a healthy Rodgers, Matthews, Perry, Shields and 2 tackles* (from Bach, Barclay, Sherrod), they are still going to make other teams miserable.

* I add this caveat only because they SHOULD be back for the playoffs, but with the way the season has gone ....

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 09:40 AM
I am in this camp. You give them a healthy Rodgers, Matthews, Perry, Shields and 2 tackles* (from Bach, Barclay, Sherrod), they are still going to make other teams miserable.

* I add this caveat only because they SHOULD be back for the playoffs, but with the way the season has gone ....

I agree with all of you. A GB team that gets the best QB in the league back would be a tough out. I would love to see Rodgers and Lacy pound on the Seahawks a little bit :smack:.

QBME
12-06-2013, 09:44 AM

Looking through my green and gold tinted glasses I also like to envision Cobb back for the run...

Pugger
12-06-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_DJM_JxIjA

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Alas, as much as I want to believe, they have to get to the playoffs in order to make any noise, and at 6.5% chances, it ain't gonna happen...

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 10:30 AM
So basically if this team of "the replacements" manages to make the playoffs they get to sit and watch :)

Works for me.

pittstang5
12-06-2013, 11:19 AM

I probably should have worded this differently, it's been a frustrating season. But, it's like I'd almost want the Packers to lose out now and not make the playoffs then to see them eliminated in the 1st round. I know that's bad. I guess I feel that I'd rather them die quickly then slowly. I just don't think they can hang with the other playoff bound teams in the league this year, Rogers or not. I just can't see them turning this team around and I think things are going to get even worse in the coming weeks.

I love this team, but they just aren't good this year. Blame whatever you want, injuries, players, coaches - they just aren't good. Even with Rogers back, they still have a putrid defense that has forgotten how to tackle, can't stop the run and a secondary where CBs and Safeties run into each other. Special teams units are probably ranked dead last in every catergory, if not, they should be.

This team right now is a mess and I can't see them salvaging anything. This is not the year.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I probably should have worded this differently, it's been a frustrating season. But, it's like I'd almost want the Packers to lose out now and not make the playoffs then to see them eliminated in the 1st round. I know that's bad. I guess I feel that I'd rather them die quickly then slowly. I just don't think they can hang with the other playoff bound teams in the league this year, Rogers or not. I just can't see them turning this team around and I think things are going to get even worse in the coming weeks.

I love this team, but they just aren't good this year. Blame whatever you want, injuries, players, coaches - they just aren't good. Even with Rogers back, they still have a putrid defense that has forgotten how to tackle, can't stop the run and a secondary where CBs and Safeties run into each other. Special teams units are probably ranked dead last in every catergory, if not, they should be.

This team right now is a mess and I can't see them salvaging anything. This is not the year.

Now we won't ever be able to pin it down in reality as MM/TT can play their cards anyway they please. Anyway it serves them.

I believe that's the case or TRUTH and that bugs me.

If Aaron Rodgers had remained behind center. What would all of us have observed and maybe admitted that we've seen? That's now moot as..... that's gone !

The combined intelligence of this board seems to me, somehow compromised by fate. Aaron Rodgers injury and now five games and 'no wins and counting' is a different form of 'a bitter pill'. I do have faith that the bleeding in terms of a non win game streak will end Vs Atlanta. It had better. There's no excuse for losing to that team without possibly more misdirected excuses.

I just hope that every Packer fan fully realizes that the grand tradition of the Green Bay Packers exceeds any one man... any men.

Sometimes as a fan we get the blinders on.

I know what it means to be a blind fan. To allow some emotion to get the best of what's right there before you. Sometimes it takes years and hindsight to truly get it right. Get the correct grip as a fan. Hindsight is always 20-20 unless your stupid or stubborn.

Down the garden path in your fan...ness. I'm a victim of that process and as late as it takes to get it straight.

I can't help but feel some shame. Get a certain chill. It's not a good feeling.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM

I mean no insult no disrespect to you pbmax... I respect you as the fan you are but I believe that it's about deeper man.

This is the exact 'bitter pill' I refer to:

the shoulda... woulda...coulda route.

Does that TRUMP reality? Not without careful and through examination it shouldn't.

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Rodgers is offically out Vs Atlanta.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234778321.html?page=1#feedback

run pMc
12-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I would love to see them win out and make the playoffs...but they'll need Detroit and Chicago to lose a couple.
Given how this season has been a rollercoaster (from 1-2 to 5-2 to 5-6-1) and so disappointing lately, them ekeing into the playoffs and hosting SF or CAR in a wildcard game at Lambeau would be very satisfying.

If nothing else, it would extend the DET's & CHI's misery.
9-6-1 isn't going to be horrible drafting position, either. somewhere around 22, I'd guess. Good spot for TT to trade down to 28, pick up another R2 or R3 and draft the next Nick Collins.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 01:05 PM

Yup here it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24366727/aaron-rodgers-ruled-out-for-week-14

Aaron Rodgers ruled out for Week 14

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer ... December 6, 2013 1:58 pm ET

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Yup here it is:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24366727/aaron-rodgers-ruled-out-for-week-14

Aaron Rodgers ruled out for Week 14

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer ... December 6, 2013 1:58 pm ET

Oh well, time to face the music. The Packers aren't gonna make the playoffs this year. :(

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
I would love to see them win out and make the playoffs...but they'll need Detroit and Chicago to lose a couple.
Given how this season has been a rollercoaster (from 1-2 to 5-2 to 5-6-1) and so disappointing lately, them ekeing into the playoffs and hosting SF or CAR in a wildcard game at Lambeau would be very satisfying.

If nothing else, it would extend the DET's & CHI's misery.
9-6-1 isn't going to be horrible drafting position, either. somewhere around 22, I'd guess. Good spot for TT to trade down to 28, pick up another R2 or R3 and draft the next Nick Collins.

I don't want to see TT dilute his draft this year. He needs to get the very best talent available at each pick in rounds 1-4 and after that he can have a picnic. Ring up as much used bath water as might be available.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh well, time to face the music. The Packers aren't gonna make the playoffs this year. :(

Can you give me the complete commonly used sentence that goes with these words:

(over) ... (lady)... (isn't) ... (not Jane Fonda approved).

??

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Can you give me the complete commonly used sentence that goes with these words:

(over) ... (lady)... (isn't) ... (not Jane Fonda approved).

??

It isn't over til the fat lady sings? :jig:

It is over, Woodbuck. The fat lady is singing Coldplay's Don't Panic:

Bones, sinking like stones,
All that we fought for,
Homes, places we've grown,
All of us are done for....

channtheman
12-06-2013, 01:27 PM

O_O

Color me shocked!

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 02:00 PM
It isn't over til the fat lady sings? :jig:

It is over, Woodbuck. The fat lady is singing Coldplay's Don't Panic:

Bones, sinking like stones,
All that we fought for,
Homes, places we've grown,
All of us are done for....

Nice to see you.

Be cool...very very cool.

Teamcheez1
12-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice to see you.

Be cool...very very cool.

As you all have stated, it's not over till Mike McCarthy sings.

QBME
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Now that Rodgers is officially out for Sunday, Vegas has finally set the line. Packers are 3 to 5 point favorites.

Rutnstrut
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I agree with all of you. A GB team that gets the best QB in the league back would be a tough out. I would love to see Rodgers and Lacy pound on the Seahawks a little bit :smack:.

Would never happen, the Hawks would fucking kill this armless defense. These chumps can't tackle average backs, Lynch would kill them.

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Would never happen, the Hawks would fucking kill this armless defense. These chumps can't tackle average backs, Lynch would kill them.

Maybe, but for some odd reason I feel like the Packers would give them a real run for their money.

It's funny, because I feel like the Pack would fare much better against Seattle than San Fran, and the consensus right now is that Skeeedaddle is a much better team.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Now that Rodgers is officially out for Sunday, Vegas has finally set the line. Packers are 3 to 5 point favorites.

'Three' looking at left hand and 'FIVE' looking at right hand.

I'll take action on that Heavenly Motel Room 'FIVE'.

I can't afford the risk and the luxurious Penthouse Suite 'Three'.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Defense-acknowledges-failings-in-Detroit/df0bf6e5-05ab-4536-a5e8-20bd66cb39cd

Defense acknowledges failings in Detroit

Posted Dec 5, 2013

Mike Spofford

packers.com staff writer

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-vs-Falcons-Five-Key-Matchups/94e72c28-fa46-43b8-b7b7-6c1ff078e025

Packers vs. Falcons: Five Key Matchups

Posted 10 hours ago

Vic Ketchman

packers.com editor

bobblehead
12-07-2013, 05:48 AM
Maybe, but for some odd reason I feel like the Packers would give them a real run for their money.

It's funny, because I feel like the Pack would fare much better against Seattle than San Fran, and the consensus right now is that Skeeedaddle is a much better team.

Seattle is great at home. If you bet sports, lay the 2.5 this week and play SF. A revenge game at home vs. division rival. If SF doesn't win this game then hand seattle the NFC because this is a standard big play for me. I win a lot of bets with this kind of game. Seattle comes off a big Monday night win and has to travel to its #1 rival atm. Game has SF written all over it, and if Seattle wins I'm sold. Hand them the crown (and the fake urine).

Bretsky
12-07-2013, 06:47 AM

dagger

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...age=1#feedback

Response Bretsky: dagger

In the News:

Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, 1918 – 2013

Pugger
12-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Atlanta this year has been dreadful at stopping the run. If EDS is in there Lacy might have a nice afternoon. I'm sure the Falcons are thrilled to see GB is 6° right now. I just wish I could see this game live tomorrow...

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Atlanta this year has been dreadful at stopping the run. If EDS is in there Lacy might have a nice afternoon. I'm sure the Falcons are thrilled to see GB is 6° right now. I just wish I could see this game live tomorrow...

I'm not getting this HUGE game for us either Pugger.

It'll be the graphic on NFL.Com for me.

As that is >>> I'm psyched to watch Detroit at Philly.