PDA

View Full Version : An Important Packers.com Live Press Conference with MM Today Tues. 3 Dec. at 3 PM.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcasts.html

Packers.com Live Press Conferences

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

That's ...(LIVE) 3:15 p.m. CT - Head Coach Mike McCarthy press conference

Comment woodbuck27:

** What will be the latest on his medical examination of today?

** Will the return of Aaron Rodgers's health to 100% be announced today?

** Will MM announced today that Aaron Rodgers will attend practise, ramp up and possibly start Vs the Atlanta Falcons visiting Lambeau Field on Sunday Dec. 8, 2013?

** What else might MM offer us today?

I hope you can make it.

GO PACK GO !

red
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
We' ll all be interested in what he has to say

Is 3:15 local time or eastern? I'm assuming its local, but i haven't found anything for sure

Of course if it was ET it would have already started

channtheman
12-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I just saw on ESPN scroll that Rodgers is going to have his tests today for the first time since his break to see how much it has healed. So basically, MM won't know anything today.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Are they playing it up as important?

I just got back from some important games of pick-up basketball at the gym.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 02:10 PM
We' ll all be interested in what he has to say

Is 3:15 local time or eastern? I'm assuming its local, but i haven't found anything for sure

Of course if it was ET it would have already started

Hi red:

I just revised the original post to indicate that it's at 3 PM....CT

red
12-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I just saw on ESPN scroll that Rodgers is going to have his tests today for the first time since his break to see how much it has healed. So basically, MM won't know anything today.

Huh, the thinking was that he pushed his presser back to today so he would have all the test results for the media

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Huh, the thinking was that he pushed his presser back to today so he would have all the test results for the media

Maybe he just needed time for an extra helping of Roast Beef down at the Beaver Dam Ponderosa.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:16 PM
We're waiting...OK it's going now....soon.

channtheman
12-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Per MM

Rodgers will practice tomorrow - limited.

Rodgers has not been cleared by medical staff yet, and has not yet been ruled out for Sunday's game.

red
12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
More double speak from mccarthy

Arod is not medically cleared but he will pactice tomorrow and he's not ruled out for sunday

If he's not cleared then he shouldnt be practicing. Moving that thing all around is probably slowing down the healing more then anything

And afte having all the tests done today and still not being cleared, then is no way he's magically gonna be cleated to orrow or thursday or friday

M3 also said flynn will be taking the starting reps tomorrow

pbmax
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM

Arod is not medically cleared but he will pactice tomorrow and he's not ruled out for sunday

If he's not cleared then he shouldnt be practicing. Moving that thing all around is probably slowing down the healing more then anything

And afte having all the tests done today and still not being cleared, then is no way he's magically gonna be cleated to orrow or thursday or friday

Red, just take a deep breath. He practiced last week too. Its obvious he is cleared to throw and do some individual drills. But he wasn't in team sessions and he won't be in padded portions of practice without an upgrade to his medical evaluation.

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 3m
Aaron Rodgers has not been cleared to play medically. Source tells me images showed improvement, but not enough. Yet.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Well that was a ....thuddd.

Mike McCarthy looks like a tired man.

He's like TT ...trained well by TT to speak to the media and say little that reflects anything close to solid meat and potatoe facts. Going to one of his media press conferences is like walking into theater to again view a bad movie you've been forced to watch and do a report on every day for a month.

He's about as animated... as exciting as dried squash on a stick.

pbmax
12-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m
MM: No internal conversations about shutting Rodgers down. When he is healthy, he will play.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 9m
MM: It was good to get Derek Sherrod in the game last week but as far as we line them up. Donny Barclay feels good, EDS feels pretty good

WELL AT LEAST HE DIDN"T MENTION NEW HOUSE

MM: My responsibility is head coach and offensive playcaller. My preference would be to be in every offensive meeting but not always case

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m
MM been doing "everything except football" ... lots of injury/roster conversations.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod
MM on injuries: I'm not a miracle worker. No one is. A lot of opinions on injuries across the league. We have a phenomenal organization

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m
MM: No one has a handle on why injuries happening across league. Everything looked at, patterns, timing. Lots of opinions out there.

Lori Nickel ‏@LoriNickel 9m
MM: Every injury is looked at, the pattern. Overtraining is not an issue. Very conscientious how much time #packers are at the facility

MM: Matt Flynn is further along as far as game experience over Tolzien. Scott has worked hard. Matt's first opp to get full week of reps

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 10m
MM: I'm not sure about Randall Cobb. He's not been cleared yet

MM: EDS feels the time has really helped him and hopeful he can practice tomorrow

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m
MM: Not going to make excuses. Detroit report card has zero positives, all negatives for offense. Defense has four takeaways, all negatives

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m
MM on run defense: 20 missed tackles (including special teams).

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m
MM: Special teams only positive was Mason Crosby long field goal

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
MM: Some things will change, but I'm not going to get into specifics. That's why you play the game

red
12-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Red, just take a deep breath. He practiced last week too. Its obvious he is cleared to throw and do some individual drills. But he wasn't in team sessions and he won't be in padded portions of practice without an upgrade to his medical evaluation.

According to the mayo clinic website, you're suppose to keep the broken collorbone immobile. Moving the thing all arou d, like he does whn he's throwing can slow down the healing process

Him throwing the ball around on the sideline wont get him back any faster, in fact it could keep him away longer. He needs to sit the hell down and let it just heal

red
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Also, was that feed just horrible foranyone else or was it just my connection?

denverYooper
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Buckle up boys and girls. We're headed for a high draft pick!

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Also, was that feed just horrible foranyone else or was it just my connection?

Overall the audio came in here OK.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Buckle up boys and girls. We're headed for a high draft pick!

We'll know better after Atlanta.

MadScientist
12-03-2013, 04:02 PM
MM: Matt Flynn is further along as far as game experience over Tolzien. Scott has worked hard. Matt's first opp to get full week of reps

Ugh, unless this was talking about last week it means that Flynn is starting. The extra reps won't matter much, because when other teams know he is starting they will adjust their technique to deal with his weak arm.

channtheman
12-03-2013, 04:04 PM
Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 3m
Aaron Rodgers has not been cleared to play medically. Source tells me images showed improvement, but not enough. Yet.

Damn what a source. Improvement! I would have never guessed a bone would start to heal 4 weeks after it was broken!

Freak Out
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
So when you Google Doctor Red this is one of the many images you find:

http://images.junostatic.com/full/CS2175335-02A-BIG.jpg

pbmax
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Perhaps red's dub would help Rodgers heal.

red
12-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I've taken a crash course on how bones heal

I can also tell you that theres no fucking way that scott wells will be healed up in 4 to 6 weeks from his broken ankle like fisher is telling the media

Freak Out
12-03-2013, 06:21 PM

Yes you have. :)

channtheman
12-03-2013, 06:28 PM

I can also tell you that theres no fucking way that scott wells will be healed up in 4 to 6 weeks from his broken ankle like fisher is telling the media

Or perhaps, from what it sounds like, how they don't heal.

red
12-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Or perhaps, from what it sounds like, how they don't heal.

That would probably be more accurate

bobblehead
12-03-2013, 08:11 PM

I BROKE an ankle when I was 17 and played varsity basketball 15 days later. I sprained a big toe when I was 26 and missed 3 weeks of softball. Every situation is different. All the projections are speculation, but if the medical staff is ok with ARod throwing, I think I am too.

red
12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I BROKE an ankle when I was 17 and played varsity basketball 15 days later. I sprained a big toe when I was 26 and missed 3 weeks of softball. Every situation is different. All the projections are speculation, but if the medical staff is ok with ARod throwing, I think I am too.

I would do the exact opposite to what our medical staff thinks