PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Has Gotten to Demovsky: McMillan Release Indicts 2 Ted Drafts

pbmax
12-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Count the errors!

I see two. One, no mention of how many picks stay on the team in normal draft years through any metric at all. How bad is 8 of 18 anyway?

Second, did you know that Randall Cobb and Casey Hayward are no longer with the Packers?

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4405/mcmillians-release-an-indictment-on-drafts

Guiness
12-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Don't know if the lack of a metric is an error, more of a convenient omission. He also doesn't mention the UDFAs from those two years that are still with the team: off the top of my head, Boykin, Barclay, Richardson and Lattimore. That's significant, you could argue that means he got 11 players from 18 picks!

Not sure what you mean about Cobb and Hayward, he counted them, just said they were not on the active roster, which they aren't.

Patler
12-04-2013, 12:36 PM
So if I have this correct, from reading recent articles, I understand now that TT is screwing up, because:

1. He stubbornly sticks with his recent draft choices, is always among the youngest teams, never picks up players from other teams; and

2. He has only kept 8 players from his last two drafts, after releasing one (Coleman) to pick up an experienced veteran QB who played for several teams; and another (McMillan) to sign an experienced former Bear.

Got it!!

pbmax
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
You are correct. I misread his player count. I thought he was NOT counting Cobb and Hayward in the 8.

Time to throw that part of the rant onto the dustheap.

Zool
12-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Why is he bitching about a 50% hit rate on the 2012 draft class and the first 4 are the picks still with the team?

The better question is why do we keep reading these morons?

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Count the errors!

I see two. One, no mention of how many picks stay on the team in normal draft years through any metric at all. How bad is 8 of 18 anyway?

Second, did you know that Randall Cobb and Casey Hayward are no longer with the Packers?

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4405/mcmillians-release-an-indictment-on-drafts

I can't hit the LINK....

I...I...Ohh Dear Lord... I'm ... dieing.

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 01:59 PM
So if I have this correct, from reading recent articles, I understand now that TT is screwing up, because:

1. He stubbornly sticks with his recent draft choices, is always among the youngest teams, never picks up players from other teams; and

2. He has only kept 8 players from his last two drafts, after releasing one (Coleman) to pick up an experienced veteran QB who played for several teams; and another (McMillan) to sign an experienced former Bear.

Got it!!

No.

It's not that simple.

bobblehead
12-04-2013, 09:11 PM
7 of 8 picks in rounds 1-4 are still with the team. So the gripe here is that our roster was too talented for 5th-7th round picks to make the roster?

edit: 7 of 9 now that mcmillan is gone. don't go starting to count my errors.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 08:24 AM
7 of 8 picks in rounds 1-4 are still with the team. So the gripe here is that our roster was too talented for 5th-7th round picks to make the roster?

edit: 7 of 9 now that mcmillan is gone. don't go starting to count my errors.

All Packerrats posters are presumed to be clear thinking, rational individuals (until proven otherwise) and as such, small mistakes are chalked up to "acts of God", unlikely to occur regularly. Kinda like floods and lightning strikes.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 09:35 AM
All Packerrats posters are presumed to be clear thinking, rational individuals (until proven otherwise) and as such, small mistakes are chalked up to "acts of God", unlikely to occur regularly. Kinda like floods and lightning strikes.

Packer fans and members of Packerrats need an 'Act Of God' in our favor ... soon.

Maybe as soon as this Sunday.

Everyone in the best way you know how...maybe...pray.

If you don't pray (maybe) craft a voodoo doll representing the Atlanta Falcons.

Stick pins into such doll with conviction or unusual vigor...with your teeth clinched....and spitting on that doll before hanging it from a ceiling. Why the ceiling!? It's important that any pets don't destroy the integrity of your efforts.

GO PACK GO !

Smidgeon
12-05-2013, 10:52 AM
And absolutely no mention that 7 of 7 from the 2010 draft are still on the team.

Fritz
12-05-2013, 11:30 AM
If the team were healthier and more successful, I wonder if McMillan would've just been stashed deep on the 53, to try to develop him for next year, or if they just realized he wasn't going to become the player they'd hoped he would.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 11:37 AM
If the team were healthier and more successful, I wonder if McMillan would've just been stashed deep on the 53, to try to develop him for next year, or if they just realized he wasn't going to become the player they'd hoped he would.

Your so serious.

bobblehead
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

In only his second year I would say they are done with him and simply needed a reason to give up. He hits, but thats when he isn't missing.