PDA

View Full Version : OC Evan Dietrich-Smith ... down again !

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 03:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234475741.html

Dietrich-Smith frustrated over latest injury

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

Dec. 4, 2013 2:37 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

It took five days to recover from a sprained knee he suffered in the Detroit game, the second time he had injured it this season.

Suddenly today - Wed. Dietrich-Smith was down again. This time it's a a sprained right ankle suffered in the team portion of practice.

He needs to get that ankle in sea water pronto. Fly him to the Atlantic. He needs a beach shoreline to walk on for two days. ie the Jersey Shores.

Ohh wait.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQenXL6nYQf-LcwwDVMA4nWeI183N2owymVLY6o-8zuCY82szg0

BAD Idea !

red
12-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I predict we lose another qb on the first series of the game this week

Stay away arod, stay far away

woodbuck27
12-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I predict we lose another qb on the first series of the game this week

Stay away arod, stay far away

He's NOT playing.

I'll go ballistic if he is.

hoosier
12-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Now that is a scary thought.

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Now that is a scary thought.

Yea...he's so banged up now he couldn't even crawl away from her.

He'd have to get air lifted from pool side.

Fritz
12-05-2013, 11:40 AM
He could float out into the water on JWoww's fake boobies.

Guiness
12-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Who would start at center? I assume it would be Lang. He had to be part of the problem in Detroit, Flynn looked like a WR hauling in some of those shotgun snaps.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Who would start at center? I assume it would be Lang. He had to be part of the problem in Detroit, Flynn looked like a WR hauling in some of those shotgun snaps.

That was kinda weird. Lang's first stint as instant Center he had all of one bad shotgun and even that wasn't terrible.

Guiness
12-05-2013, 01:38 PM
That was kinda weird. Lang's first stint as instant Center he had all of one bad shotgun and even that wasn't terrible.

Did you notice the bad snaps in the Detroit game? I remember 2 very bad snaps for sure, and I think there were more. They seemed to be high and to the right from Flynn's perspective .I don't doubt Suh affected him and he was trying to get them off fast.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Did you notice the bad snaps in the Detroit game? I remember 2 very bad snaps for sure, and I think there were more. They seemed to be high and to the right from Flynn's perspective .I don't doubt Suh affected him and he was trying to get them off fast.

Yes, he had seemed to get worse. The one bad one I remember was low and to Flynn's right. It was right before a sack I believe.

red
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Eds sucks at snapping in the shotgun too so the switch to lang shouldnt hurt much in the snapping department

woodbuck27
12-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Yes, he had seemed to get worse. The one bad one I remember was low and to Flynn's right. It was right before a sack I believe.

Another snap was low right and resulted in a flobbed snap and turn over in the Detroit Red Zone.

That came after Green Bay's best offensive paly on the day. A 56 yard passing play Flynn to James Jones.

Pugger
12-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Evidently EDS didn't turn his ankle as bad yesterday as he did last month. Often when you sprain an ankle good that becomes a weak link. Maybe they can tape it up good and he can get out there and play on Sunday.

pittstang5
12-05-2013, 06:13 PM
At the beginning of the year, I thought EDS was the weakest link on the o-line. (and if everyone was healthy, he still would be) Now, everyone hopes he doesn't miss this week.

Injuries have really screwed this team.

pbmax
12-05-2013, 07:06 PM
At the beginning of the year, I thought EDS was the weakest link on the o-line. (and if everyone was healthy, he still would be) Now, everyone hopes he doesn't miss this week.

Injuries have really screwed this team.

EDS (with a healthy assist from Lacy) has also changed the Packer running game. He cannot reach block like Wells could, so they run less zone. A lot more Power and traps than ever before.

bobblehead
12-05-2013, 07:23 PM
EDS (with a healthy assist from Lacy) has also changed the Packer running game. He cannot reach block like Wells could, so they run less zone. A lot more Power and traps than ever before.

Now if tretter lives up to the billing we might be in business...next year.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Now if tretter lives up to the billing we might be in business...next year.

Where do you expect 'in a best case scenario' the Packers plan to play JC Tretter?

He moved fr. the TE to the OT position for the last half of his College football experience.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Evidently EDS didn't turn his ankle as bad yesterday as he did last month. Often when you sprain an ankle good that becomes a weak link. Maybe they can tape it up good and he can get out there and play on Sunday.

Tape him up from his crotch to his ankle?

He's suffered two knee injuries and now this ankle sprain.

What does he do?

Hold the middle in passing attempts and only run short lead blocks if Lacy rushes straight ahead?

What does he do when Eddie Lacy decides to rush left? Right? Slant lead block for him? How mobile will he be?

Hey ... I admire EDS for his will.... but.... really!?

I'm concerned.

I hope you can see this game. 8-)