PDA

View Full Version : That time of year - The Hot Seat

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Starting off with the seat that has already been burnt.

Kubiak has been fired:

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 10m
Just heard from a Texans member who told me Coach Kubiak has informed coaches he has been let go

As a side note on Kubiak:
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m
Leaves McCarthy and Payton from 06 class MT @JayGlazer: Heard from Texans member who said Coach Kubiak has informed coaches he's been let go

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Whoops !

Your thread title misled me into thinking my thread RE: this wasn't posted .

Sorry Man.

red
12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Wonder how much longer smith in atlanta is gonna last?

Those are the 2 top underperforming teams imo

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 11:37 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/24617971/20131201_pjc_ac6_028.0_standard_783.0.jpg

What can I do?

It got too easy in a response after the disaster that was Houston @ Jacksonville last night. Let's start with 14 team penalty's. . . accumulating to 177 yards.... before moving onto the rest.

Texan's Founder, Chairman and CEO Robert C. McNair had a response for Gary Kubiak.

He thanked Gary Kubiac>>> Unhappily he then FIRED Gary Kubiak.

The search is now on for a new Head Coach. The interim HC has been named as Wade Phillips but the search is on and today Mr. McNair responded to a question RE: Lovie Smith and said he's a good candidate. He is available and can be talked to immediately.

Where is Lovie Smith from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovie_Smith

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Whoops !

Your thread title misled me into thinking my thread RE: this wasn't posted .

Sorry Man.

No problemo. I just thought there might be more of these coming down the pike soon and it's been PR tradition to have a hot/warm seat thread.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
No problemo. I just thought there might be more of these coming down the pike soon and it's been PR tradition to have a hot/warm seat thread.

Just a guess now but I believe that Lovie Smith has a good fit there.

Rutnstrut
12-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Just a guess now but I believe that Lovie Smith has a good fit there.

NOOOOOOOOO, I want Lovie to be the Packers next D coordinator.

Joemailman
12-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Yeah, Smith has gone from not being able to win playoff games to not being able to win games. Bad trajectory there.

Joemailman
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Will Kubiak's firing make DC Wade Philips available? Even in a bad year for that franchise, Houston has a top defense.

Guiness
12-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Wade Philips eh? Interesting thought, as long as he's not an HC! I doubt the Texans will give him a chance, he really washed out in his chances, so he might be available if the new HC decides they want their own person in that spot.

Joemailman
12-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Wade Philips eh? Interesting thought, as long as he's not an HC! I doubt the Texans will give him a chance, he really washed out in his chances, so he might be available if the new HC decides they want their own person in that spot.

TT and Wade Phillips are friends. TT interviewed Phillips for the Packers HC job in 2006, although some thought it was just a courtesy because of their friendship. Houston might want to hand on to Phillips, but if they hire Lovie Smith as HC, he'll probably want to bring in a 4-3 guy to run his defense.

Rodgers12
12-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Green Bay might be too small and too boring for him, but Big Rex Ryan would make a good Packer DC, assuming he's available after this season.

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 07:15 PM

For those that want MM's head, just look at what a couple injuries did to Atlanta. Imagine if they had our run.

Incidentally when we hired MM, Kubiak was who I wanted. I loved the Denver offense zone blocking scheme, and he obviously did it better than MM did, but I will be happy with our superbowl I guess.

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
NOOOOOOOOO, I want Lovie to be the Packers next D coordinator.

Isn't he a 4-3 guy?

bobblehead
12-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Green Bay might be too small and too boring for him, but Big Rex Ryan would make a good Packer DC, assuming he's available after this season.

I'm gonna say that Sexy Rexy's personality won't match with MM and TT. But I would love the hire if they did it.

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 07:42 PM
I'll only take Wade if he comes in a package deal with JJ Watt. I like the guy but he might be in the same boat as Dom at this point -- a good old hand whose time has passed him by.

red
12-06-2013, 08:01 PM

There is no way that media whore would come to tiny town usa

And, we dont have the foot clubs that new yorks has

And, i cant stand the fucking guy

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Will Kubiak's firing make DC Wade Philips available? Even in a bad year for that franchise, Houston has a top defense.

I hope that TT is a 'heads up' on that but I'm sure like us he's checking it all out.

DC Wade Phillips is doing more of a 'just decent' job in Houston. He's got their 'Overall Defense'' ranked #3 in the NFL behind only Seattle and Carolina. So it's got to be a bad team offense right? Nope... it's not there with a 4th ranked team 'O' Efficiency Ratio behind 'only' Seattle, New Orleans and Detroit. A Big Play Differential of +12 and a tie for 6th there.

Taking a look elsewhere at some key statistical categories:

Houston Texans Vs Green Bay Packers:

In Team Yards per Play Differential (YPPD) Houston is ranked 11th @ Yds /Play Offense = 5.3 Vs YPP Against (YPPA) 5.1 or a + 0.2 Differential.

The Green Bay Packers measure @ YPPO = 6.1 and YPP Against (YPPA) 5.8 = a Diff. of + 0.3 Yards Per Play Differential or 10th ranked in the NFL.

************************************************** **************************************
NOTE: That 5.8 Stat. in YPPA ranks the Green Bay Packers as a Team at the 27th Rank or 6th worst in that statistic.

************************************************** *****************************

Houston is ranked 30th in Scoring Efficiency Ratio (SER) 250 Points For and 350 Points Against = 0.714 SER

Green Bay is ranked 13th in SER with PF = 294 and PA = 305 or SER = 0.964

Houston is 31st in Turnover Differential with 9 X Takeaways and 23 X Giveaways = - 14 Differential.

Green Bay is ranked 22nd with 14 X Takeaways and 18 X Giveaways = - 4 Differential. See above and Big Play Differential and how that factors overall in terms of Toxic Differential.

Houston is 32nd in Net Turnover 'Points' differential @ a whopping -67. Takeaway Points 25 - Giveaway Points 92.

Green Bay Packers in 16th place at - 4 Points Diff. 28 Takeaway Points and 32 giveaway Points.

In Team Penalty Diff. Houston is ranked 20th @ - 0.46 and Green Bay @ 10th ranked at + 0.83.

In Team Penalty Yards Differential Houston is ranked 32th @ -17.62 Penalty Y/G.

The Green Bay Packers are 13th ranked @ +4.0 Penalty Y/G.

So without any further ado your getting why the Houston Texans season has been such a shock to those that hoped for much more from this team and instead all those lofty hopes got flushed down the toilet (11 straight 'L's) after a 2 'W' start.

Along with that their HC Gary Kubiac was FIRED today and in the interim replaced by Wade Philips.

Wade Phillips:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade_Phillips

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
There is no way that media whore would come to tiny town usa

And, we dont have the foot clubs that new yorks has

And, i cant stand the fucking guy

That's how I view Rex Ryan too. Forget him.

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll only take Wade if he comes in a package deal with JJ Watt. I like the guy but he might be in the same boat as Dom at this point -- a good old hand whose time has passed him by.

Yup.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 02:18 PM
The Twitter has informed me that Teflon Don is putting on a pretty amusing press conference today.

The best PC's happen when the coach is a lame duck and he knows it.

Cindy Boren ‏@CindyBoren 8m
Shanny the minimalist: It would take me two minutes to clean out my office. "I've got two notebooks and an IPad."

KYPack
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Shanny the Rat should get his any day, now.

Is it taken for granted that the Vikings suck? Shouldn't Leslie Frazier be feeling some heat?

run pMc
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
I think Frazier is done. Isn't his contract up anyway?
Everyone thinks Shanahan is done too -- someone on the radio mentioned he has the same record with WAS that Jim Zorn did. Not something to brag about on your resume.
Wade Phillips is a very good DC IMO and a mediocre HC at best. Trouble is it seems like he wants to be a HC.
Is Jeff Fisher in trouble?
Wouldn't want Rex Ryan -- sharp DC, too brash for low-key GB, probably gets another shot as HC somewhere.

Any bets that Rodgers comes back, GB goes 9-6-1 and Capers gets another year...and fans complain?

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Shanny the Rat should get his any day, now.

Is it taken for granted that the Vikings suck? Shouldn't Leslie Frazier be feeling some heat?

I get the feeling that Shanahan has his hands tied otherwise why go on and on and on with RG III. That situation at QB and with RG III's ego is going to cost that young man a career unless it's closed down PRONTO.

RG III is acting like he's a ome man show on 'O'. He's left defenseless too.

25 SACKS in the last five (5) games is beyond concerning.

25 in 5 ... translates to a whopping 80 SACKS projected over an 16 game stretch.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_NFL_quarterback_was_sacked_the_most_in_one_se ason?#slide2

Recalling David Carr.

pbmax
12-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Fisher is regarded as being about halfway done with a rebuilding project. They beat a couple good teams this year. Anywhere near 500 will get him another 2 years at least.

KYPack
12-09-2013, 04:08 PM
I've seen a couple Falcon games in the last few weeks.

Arthur Blank, the owner is haunting their sideline and it doesn't seem too buddy-buddy with Mike Smith.

That was espec true on Sunday.

Smith could be gonzo with Gonzo in this off-season.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I've seen a couple Falcon games in the last few weeks.

Arthur Blank, the owner is haunting their sideline and it doesn't seem too buddy-buddy with Mike Smith.

That was espec true on Sunday.

Smith could be gonzo with Gonzo in this off-season.

I heard last week that the Man with the combination to the $vault$ in Atlanta said that Smith's job was secure for 2014.

Jerry Jones is saying the same about his teams HC.

Often people change their minds after a end of season final game loss that keeps the team at their homes / bars watching the playoff's.... instead of participating.

In that vein...'the Boys' better win tonight in Chicago or the wheels migh spin in Jerry's head.

Rodgers12
12-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Mike Smith isn't going anywhere.

He has a 1-4 playoffs record but only 1 losing season in Atlanta - this season. Smith deserves the benefit of the doubt for turning around a moribund franchise post Mike Vick. Plus, the Falcons aren't as bad as their record indicates. They have a lost a bunch of close games and a bunch of players.

As for Frazier, his players are still fighting for him. That might be enough to save his job. If not, there's a good candidate out there to fill the vacancy.

Mike Sherman.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 04:58 PM

He has a 1-4 playoffs record but only 1 losing season in Atlanta - this season. Smith deserves the benefit of the doubt for turning around a moribund franchise post Mike Vick. Plus, the Falcons aren't as bad as their record indicates. They have a lost a bunch of close games and a bunch of players.

As for Frazier, his players are still fighting for him. That might be enough to save his job. If not, there's a good candidate out there to fill the vacancy.

Mike Sherman.

:grin:

Fritz
12-10-2013, 09:41 AM
yeah, if Capers goes, how is Wade any different, except it's a different voice?

Zool
12-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Mike Sherman.

I can't tell you how happy this would make me. Seeing the PSL coaching the Vikings would be the best thing since Mike Tice coaching the Vikings.

The had the Randy Ratio, the could have the Adrian Average, or the Cordarrell Continuum.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Fisher is regarded as being about halfway done with a rebuilding project. They beat a couple good teams this year. Anywhere near 500 will get him another 2 years at least.

Yup .... I'd bet the Fisher is back for the RAMS in 2014. He still has some things to install in St. Louis and they did lose their starting QB.

He gets good press and respect it seems to me.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I think Frazier is done. Isn't his contract up anyway?
Everyone thinks Shanahan is done too -- someone on the radio mentioned he has the same record with WAS that Jim Zorn did. Not something to brag about on your resume.
Wade Phillips is a very good DC IMO and a mediocre HC at best. Trouble is it seems like he wants to be a HC.
Is Jeff Fisher in trouble?
Wouldn't want Rex Ryan -- sharp DC, too brash for low-key GB, probably gets another shot as HC somewhere.

Any bets that Rodgers comes back, GB goes 9-6-1 and Capers gets another year...and fans complain?

I read a name a day or so of a possible guy for consideration as an NFL HC. I believe he's the HC of Stanford.

Anything you fellas know of him? I'm going to try some research on this guy. Pretty sure the fella mentioned is the coach of Stanford. ** This guy... any chance he'd work out as an NFL HC?

Ohh yea...if Shanahan survives to 2014...I'll be very surprized. He looks like the definition of 'frustration'.

There's a big problem there. If I was him I'd bench RG III games ago and >>> gone to Cousins. It looks to me like there's a real mess with RG III at QB. He's fallen off a cliff this season and maybe wasn't ever really ready to return from his injuries last year. He's getting run over. 25 SACKS in the last five games spells the OL isn't good or doesn't care. I wonder how good that Skins locker room can be?

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Shaw_(American_football)

Stanford Head Coach David Shaw.

bobblehead
12-10-2013, 10:17 AM

Mike Sherman.

Why does Mike Smith get a pass because of injuries, but TT and MM suck for not having epic backups?

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Frasier won't be fired unless they get rid of the GM Spielman. They have handcuffed Frasier with one hell of a shitty QB in Ponder and this year was a circus with bringing in Freeman. Both of which wasn't Frasier's fault.

KYPack
12-10-2013, 11:09 AM
I can't tell you how happy this would make me. Seeing the PSL coaching the Vikings would be the best thing since Mike Tice coaching the Vikings.

The had the Randy Ratio, the could have the Adrian Average, or the Cordarrell Continuum.

Eureka, Zool has found it!

The perfect solution.

Shermie to coach the Queens and seal their fate.

Tank to the Rube Chat Forum, where hell is just a local call.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Eureka, Zool has found it!

The perfect solution.

Shermie to coach the Queens and seal their fate.

Tank to the Rube Chat Forum, where hell is just a local call.

Tank ! :glug: ahhhaa.

pbmax
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Frasier won't be fired unless they get rid of the GM Spielman. They have handcuffed Frasier with one hell of a shitty QB in Ponder and this year was a circus with bringing in Freeman. Both of which wasn't Frasier's fault.

So there was no lobbying by Frazier to get another QB? I wondered if that was part of the reason for the move.

run pMc
12-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I think Spielman gets another year but Frazier is gone. I could actually see them going after Lovie Smith.
Wilf will give Spielman one more chance to sort out the roster and if they don't improve...and it's likely they will improve from 3 wins next year...then he'll be gone.
My guess is by the time they find a decent QB Peterson will have too many miles...he's already starting to rack up the injuries. He can play through them now, but I think in 2 years his body will be breaking down.

Look at Spielman's R1 picks (which he got thru draft position and deals):
Kalil is a decent LT who regressed this year. Harrison Smith was their best player in the secondary before he got hurt.
Floyd hasn't panned out, Rhodes is a mixed bag but has promise, Patterson is a budding star.

I can only wonder what TT would do with 5 R1 picks in 2 years.

I've heard speculation that if/when Shanny gets fired Houston will take a long look since Kubiak based his offense after what they run under Shanahan in Denver.

If JAX decided to can Gus Bradley then I'd be in favor of him replacing Capers...but I don't see that happening. That's a long rebuild down there.

Fritz
12-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Shanahan in Houston?

Wow. He's about as appealing and fresh as a 36 year old heroin addict prostitute.

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Shanahan in Houston?

Wow. He's about as appealing and fresh as a 36 year old heroin addict prostitute.

But enough about Miss Michigan.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 04:04 PM
I think Spielman gets another year but Frazier is gone. I could actually see them going after Lovie Smith.
Wilf will give Spielman one more chance to sort out the roster and if they don't improve...and it's likely they will improve from 3 wins next year...then he'll be gone.
My guess is by the time they find a decent QB Peterson will have too many miles...he's already starting to rack up the injuries. He can play through them now, but I think in 2 years his body will be breaking down.

Look at Spielman's R1 picks (which he got thru draft position and deals):
Kalil is a decent LT who regressed this year. Harrison Smith was their best player in the secondary before he got hurt.
Floyd hasn't panned out, Rhodes is a mixed bag but has promise, Patterson is a budding star.

I can only wonder what TT would do with 5 R1 picks in 2 years.

I've heard speculation that if/when Shanny gets fired Houston will take a long look since Kubiak based his offense after what they run under Shanahan in Denver.

If JAX decided to can Gus Bradley then I'd be in favor of him replacing Capers...but I don't see that happening. That's a long rebuild down there.

After reading your post I had these thoughts:

What's happening to Rick Spielman? The last couple years the press (media) on him was 'Supersar Viking GM'. Personally I believe he's done well except for ongoing need at the QB position.

Looking at this and the 2011 draft. Yes it's from B/R. :oops:

The Vikings 2011 Dearft and Grade:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/686515-2011-nfl-draft-results-ranking-the-team-by-team-picks-of-2011-nfl-draft/entry/76706-2011-nfl-draft-grades-grading-the-minnesota-vikings-draft-picks

A .... C- = Not good.

1. ..... CHRISTIAN PONDER (12), QB, Florida State

2. ..... KYLE RUDOLPH (43), TE, Notre Dame ... Curently on IR

3. ..... NO CHOICE....OHH Why!?

4. ..... CHRISTIAN BALLARD (106), DL, Iowa .... Reserve/Left Squad

5. ..... BRANDON BURTON (139), CB, Utah...6' - 185 lbs ... Considered one of the best CB prospects for the 2011 NFL Draft he's now a FA. Ahh forget that he's small at 185 lbs. Maybe he can lift a truck?

6. ..... DEMARCUS LOVE (168), OL, Arkansas... He's on the Jacksonville Jaguars Roster..not contributing as yet.

6. ..... MISTRAL RAYMOND (170), DB, South Flordia...a 6' - 1" S on the Vikings Roster...Not active in Weeks 1-3, Week 6 and Weeks 11-14.

6. ..... BRANDON FUSCO (172), OL, Slippery Rock.. Starts at Guard on the Vikings OL 2012-13.

6. ..... ROSS HOMAN (200), LB, Ohio State...Ross Homan led linebackers at the NFL Scouting Combine with 32 lifts. He went fr. the Vikings to the BUC's and retired due to concussions.

7. ..... D'AUNDRE REED (215), DL, Arizona ... San Francisco 49ers (2013−present) Roster status: Practice squad

7. ..... STEPHEN BURTON (236), WR, West Texas A&M...Minnesota Vikings (2011–2012) Jacks Jags (2013–present) and on IR

The Vikings and the 2012 Draft:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1489684-grading-the-2012-minnesota-vikings-draft-class

Here Spileman and the Vikings grade very well with an A.

The Vikings had a busy and should be judged a very successful draft to date:

1. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Cleveland in exchange of draft picks.

1. ..... (B) MATT KALIL (4), T, USC. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.... Starting LT...

1. ..... (C) HARRISON SMITH (29), S, Notre Dame. Choice from Baltimore for 2 and 4A. ... Solid S...On the Vikings IR

2. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C

3. ..... JOSH ROBINSON (66), CB, Central Florida... Active.

4. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Baltimore for 1C

4. ..... (B) JARIUS WRIGHT (118), WR, Arkansas. Choice from Cleveland for 1A. ... Active.

4. ..... Remember this guy ? (C) RHETT ELLISON (128), TE, USC. Compensatory Selection. ... Active. Plays FB for the Vikings..in all 16 games in 2012. He's the second player of Maori heritage to play for the Vikings since David Dixon. Nov. 24 '13 ... Ellison made his first career touchdown catch against the Green Bay Packers.

4. ..... (D) GREG CHILDS, (134), WR, Arkansas. Compensatory Selection. ... 6' - 3" and 217 lbs. and on the Vikings Status: Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform.

5. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 7C and 4th in ‘13

5...... (B) ROBERT BLANTON (139), DB, Notre Dame. Choice from Cleveland for 1A... He's Active and over two seasons played SAF in 26 games.

6. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Washington for D. McNabb

6. ..... (B) BLAIR WALSH (175), K, Georgia. Choice from Cleveland in the Jayme Mitchell trade. Active and AWESOME !
... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_Walsh

7. ..... (A) AUDIE COLE (210), LB, NC State... Active.

7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Tennessee for 6th in ‘13. Choice from Cleveland for 1A.

7. ..... (C) TREVOR GUYTON (219), DL, California. Choice from Detroit for 5A.... Didn't make the TC cut on August 31, 2012 he was cut and is a FA.

7. ..... NO CHOICE. Traded to Detroit for 5A and 4th in ‘13. Choice from New England in the Randy Moss trade.

Vikings 2013 Draft:

http://www.vikings.com/news/draft/2013/picks.html

DT Shariff Floyd ... Active and backs up Kevin Williams at DT. They have lots of hope that he'll grow.

Rd. 1 Pick #25... CB Xavier Rhodes ... 6' - 1 " 210 lbs Active and backs up LCB Josh Robinson.

Rd. 1 Pick #29 ... Cordarrelle ' roll those 'R's ' Patterson ... This sure looks lik aA tremendous Pick ! Always smiling because he's such a weapon. The Vikings need to find more time for this guy. He's nothing but...WATCH OUT !!! An amazing open field talent. Hard to track down. Talent +++.

Rd. 4 Pick 23 # 120 overall... Gerald Hodges ... Active and second string LBer.

Rd. 5 Pick 22 #155 overall... Jeff Locke ... Active Punter and Holder.

Rd. 6 Pick 28 #196 Overall ...Jeff Baca ... Active and backup LG

Rd. 7 Pick 7 # 213 Overall ...Michael Mauti - Active 3rd string MLB.

Rd. 7 Pick #8 and #214 Overall ...Travis Bond...The Carolina Panthers signed Bond off the Vikings PS - Nov. 13, 2013.

Rd. 9 Pick #23 and # 229 Overall ... From the Vkings to the Cowboys and is Everett Dawkins currently on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers PS.

and this:

** How about both Adrian Peterson and Jay Cutler together on the Houston Texans!?? Anybody see that possibility? Naw...too costly...nothing long range there. I can imagine AP in their backfield.

George Cumby
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
But enough about Miss Michigan.

Fritz dated Miss Michigan?

denverYooper
12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Fritz dated Miss Michigan?

Didn't we all?

denverYooper
12-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Aaaand, Shanny is going to bench RGIII over "health concerns". The ball is in Snyder's court.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19m
ESPN's @johnkeim reports Redskins will start QB Kirk Cousins.

This is turning into a steel cage match -- Chainsaw Dan vs. Shanny the Rat.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Everyone needs to remember this cat fight (Snyder-Shanahan) the next time someone complains that a few million dollars more shouldn't make a difference to where a player or coach chooses to sign.

They are making starting decisions based on Shanny's effort to collect the rest of his contract by getting fired.

Wonder if Dan will encourage guaranteed contracts next time around?

KYPack
12-11-2013, 09:10 AM
There is also a bit of "noise" about Mike Munchak getting the boot in Tennessee.

denverYooper
12-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Spotrac.com ‏@spotrac 2m
Cost for #Redskins to fire Mike Shanahan this offseason (w/o cause): $7M. Cost to move on from RGIII: $12.5M ($6.9M bonus, $5.6M in salary)

Guiness
12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
There is also a bit of "noise" about Mike Munchak getting the boot in Tennessee.

The PFT article pointed out he's been with the franchise for 30 years!

From Wikipedia:

As player:

Houston Oilers (1982–1993)

As coach:

Houston Oilers (1994–1996) (Offensive Assistant/Quality Control Coach)
Tennessee Oilers/Titans (1997–2010) (Offensive Line Coach)
Tennessee Titans (2011–present) (Head Coach)

Crazy...

denverYooper
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 46m
What a gem just now. Shanahan says he talked to Snyder b/c it's about the QB but "Dan could care less about the other positions."

Freak Out
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
The Vikings drafted a DL that weighed 215? Huh?