PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mccarthy is the gretest coach ever

red
12-06-2013, 08:16 PM
This is the thread most people on here want

Like all agree and talk about all the ways that m3 is the perfect head coach

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 09:15 PM
If I have to put up with any more >>> well ... sigh ... look at his winning percentage record arguments I'll have to consider going for a sex change operation with a constant regieme of hormone treatments.

That's cost restrictive.

My Green Bay Packer loyalty must remain unbound.

What will I ever do?

pausing to think.............................

bobblehead
12-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Parcells it the best there ever was imo (modern day). I criticize MM plenty, but I try to be fair and accurate about it.

Woody, it IS a winning thing. The packers under TT and MM have won a high percentage, a superbowl and make the playoffs every year. We are in a rough spot. No one is beyond critique, but lets just keep it within the realm of sensible.

Bretsky
12-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Parcells it the best there ever was imo (modern day). I criticize MM plenty, but I try to be fair and accurate about it.

Woody, it IS a winning thing. The packers under TT and MM have won a high percentage, a superbowl and make the playoffs every year. We are in a rough spot. No one is beyond critique, but lets just keep it within the realm of sensible.

I'm in my 40's so I did not witness Vince
I'd tak Hoody Genius and then Jimmy Johnson as the best I've witnessed
I'm glad Jerry Jones ego would not allow him to co-exist with Jimmy Johnson
I HATE Dallas but iff JJ had stayed I think they would have won about 3-4 more SB's in Dallas

Rodgers12
12-07-2013, 07:50 AM
The packers under TT and MM...Make the playoffs every year.

Really? I seem to recall Thompson giving birth to 4-12, 6-10, 8-8 and this season.

Under the imposing regime of Wolf and Sherman, the Packer did NOT experience a single losing season (Wolf was hired in November of '91; that season doesn't count). And then along came the Polar Bear.

Only 1 GM in NFL history made the playoffs ever year he was GM with minimum of 4 full seasons. Care to name that GM?

Teamcheez1
12-07-2013, 08:30 AM
If you are trying to suggest that the team was headed in the right direction after Wolf and Holmgren left, you can stop right there.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Really? I seem to recall Thompson giving birth to 4-12, 6-10, 8-8 and this season.

Under the imposing regime of Wolf and Sherman, the Packer did NOT experience a single losing season (Wolf was hired in November of '91; that season doesn't count). And then along came the Polar Bear.

Only 1 GM in NFL history made the playoffs ever year he was GM with minimum of 4 full seasons. Care to name that GM?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaMDjI5uF7v-cMQo84UCaZ1KFZHaS_OgTTj8zxHDdP-HGIcVw_

Mike Holmgren HC of the Green Bay Packers from 1992-1998.

Holmgren molded quarterbacks such as Steve Young, Brett Favre and Matt Hasselbeck during his tenures in San Francisco, Green Bay and after Green Bay in Seattle.

Under Holmgren's leadership and play-calling the Green Bay Packers were consistent winners and he was one of the best coaches in the NFL, Leading the Green Bay Packers (1996) to their twelfth league championship in Super Bowl XXXI. Returning the Packers (1997) to Super Bowl XXXII. In all as the Packers HC he led the Packers to the playoffs six (6) consecutive years from 1993-98.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HolmMi0.htm

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 09:02 AM

I'll restrict this post to things Packers:

I try very hard when I make a serious post to be serious. This post is serious:

Yes TT and MM have done all right overall as a team for the Green Bay Packers and if we must confine all argument and Packers leadership and in terms of the past and not today>>>tomorrow:

Are they (TT and MM) the best in terms of Green Bay Packers history? If anyone believes they are ? That belief can be challenged.

I say let's not belabour one another with those corner store arguments and look at the now and the future.

From my post this AM in another thread:

It's often been said:

Every strong NFL team is 'only' as strong as it's backup QB.

Ted Thompson cannot be excused for ignoring that fact. Who was responsible for taking what TT gave him at backup QB and molding that man into a capable backup for Aaron Rodgers. Has been described as some kind of expert in developing QB's along with his OC Tom Clements?

That would be Mike McCarthy and what happened? Where does the blame for not developing that backup lie? Does it lie with MM or with TT for not giving MM enough to work with?

What's with MM and his play calling?

I'll 'only' start right here.

MM has to stop crushing our RB into a wall of men. Is MM just plain stupid in that regard? Holy catfish I don't get MM and that. >>> <<< Ted Thompson !! Right now our OL can't defeat too many men in the box. We don't have the QB now that can trump opposition 'D's and using that against us.

MM and Ted Thompson STOP crushing your RB into a wall.

It's obvious to me that not all of MM's issues are focused in the loss of his MVP caliber starting franchise QB. A lot of his issues start with his own head. A portion of the blame for his predicaments lies with his GM and in terms of the co-operation he needs from Ted Thompson.

I hope you'll agree that this post is one demonstrating real concerns and based in that fact is ....... reasonable/sensable.

pbmax
12-07-2013, 09:07 AM
It's often been said:

Every strong NFL team is 'only' as strong as it's backup QB.

I seriously doubt that this has been said in the last 30 years. Certainly not during the cap era.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I seriously doubt that this has been said in the last 30 years. Certainly not during the cap era.

Well I say it pb. :???:

Fritz
12-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Well I say it pb. :???:

I don't understand how people can blame the Packers' record on the backup QB's, given the talent, or lack thereof, at that spot across the league.

You don't get a Matthew Stafford backing up Aaron Rodgers, or even a Jay Cutler. You get second stringers who haven't run the offense much until the number one guy gets hurt. That's what you get.

There might be three teams with backups that could come in and run the offense effectively in the blink of an eye. I'd say they are Chicago's McNown and Detroit's Hill. There might be one or two others with whom I am not familiar, but that's about it.

You're going to get some really mediocre play from about 28 of the 32 backups in the league. Some are veteran clip board holders (like Seneca Wallace), some are greenhorns whom the team hopes to develop (and those guys are not number one picks; they're the third to seventh rounders, generally).

And finding a very good backup who is willing to come in and be the backup - well, that's rare, too.

I'm telling you all, the backup QB play has not been good, but it wouldn't be for the vast majority of NFL teams.

The problems with this lousy skid have to do with the defense and with special teams. You play some tough, smart defense, and ditto for special teams play, and the Packers would've had a couple victories instead of being basically 0-4-1 since Rodgers was out. A team that had gone 2-3 in that stretch would be sitting at 7-5 and right there with the Loins.

If the defense that showed up for that brief two game stretch against Minny and Cleveland had shown up these past five games, and had Shawn Slocum's special teams not kept their heads firmly up their butts, this team would have a fighting chance.

It's not the backup. Sure, if the Packers had a top notch backup, it might be different. But we'll never know if Seneca Wallace coulda been that guy, and the guys after him weren't ever going to be top notch backups, given they were the third and fourth choices.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 09:56 AM
" I don't understand how people can blame the Packers' record on the backup QB's, ... " " Fritz

Any legitimate backup QB on 'a competitive Upper Level NFL team' must be capable of filing in for 3-5 games and holding down the fort and leading the team to some 'W's' while the starting QB is out.

There TT and MM failed ... they clearly failed.

Patler
12-07-2013, 10:04 AM
" I don't understand how people can blame the Packers' record on the backup QB's, ... " " Fritz

Any legitimate backup QB on 'a competitive Upper Level NFL team' must be capable of filing in for 3-5 games and holding down the fort and leading the team to some 'W's' while the starting QB is out.

TT & MM failed why? Because Wallace got hurt, or because their 3rd and 4th options at QB haven't been able to get a win?

Is it fair to condemn their selection of Wallace just because of the Bears game?

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:08 AM
TT & MM failed why? Because Wallace got hurt, or because their 3rd and 4th options at QB haven't been able to get a win?

Is it fair to condemn their selection of Wallace just because of the Bears game?

Really !

based on all you know about Seneca Wallace and his NFL experience>

Would you say he was an excellent candidate to be the Packers backup?

If so...Why?

Bossman641
12-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Hi WB, could you please let me know who these backups are? Just curious

Bossman641
12-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Really !

based on all you know about Seneca Wallace and his NFL experience>

Would you say he was an excellent candidate to be the Packers backup?

If so...Why?

Wallace and Flynn were exactly the type of guys most fans wanted, Flynn especially.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi WB, could you please let me know who these backups are? Just curious

Hi Bossman...Good Luck in the Pro Pickem this week. There are some very interesting matchups to analyze. Some solid game to watch.

Green Bay and the backup QB:

Those backups had to be drafted by TT and developed within the Packers system.

When it became obvious tom TT that we were in a hole at backup QB he also could have brought this fella that he was certainly familiar with in for our side:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck

Where is that fella now? Did that fella ever express an interest in returning to the Green Bay Packers?

Now you know.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Wallace and Flynn were exactly the type of guys most fans wanted, Flynn especially.

I wasn't in that camp (of Packer fans) anytime before AR went down this season. Nor was I in that camp all last off season or the one prior to that.

I've as a Packer fan and for two years now, been concerned over the backup QB position and for obvious reasons.

Maybe? ... this is an accurate parody and MM to TT and backup QB:

This guy!? Why? Why Ted Thompson? MM >>> TT ...Why Ted? Why Graham Harrell? You've got to be kidding me Ted!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Harrell#New_York_Jets

Why that guy and any NFL team!? It simply isn't going to happen and last.

Why this fella Ted? In the 7th Round and 34 selection >>> B. J. Coleman Quarterback Tennessee-Chattanooga?

Is that the best you could do Ted? MM

Pugger
12-07-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't understand how people can blame the Packers' record on the backup QB's, given the talent, or lack thereof, at that spot across the league.

You don't get a Matthew Stafford backing up Aaron Rodgers, or even a Jay Cutler. You get second stringers who haven't run the offense much until the number one guy gets hurt. That's what you get.

There might be three teams with backups that could come in and run the offense effectively in the blink of an eye. I'd say they are Chicago's McNown and Detroit's Hill. There might be one or two others with whom I am not familiar, but that's about it.

You're going to get some really mediocre play from about 28 of the 32 backups in the league. Some are veteran clip board holders (like Seneca Wallace), some are greenhorns whom the team hopes to develop (and those guys are not number one picks; they're the third to seventh rounders, generally).

And finding a very good backup who is willing to come in and be the backup - well, that's rare, too.

I'm telling you all, the backup QB play has not been good, but it wouldn't be for the vast majority of NFL teams.

The problems with this lousy skid have to do with the defense and with special teams. You play some tough, smart defense, and ditto for special teams play, and the Packers would've had a couple victories instead of being basically 0-4-1 since Rodgers was out. A team that had gone 2-3 in that stretch would be sitting at 7-5 and right there with the Loins.

If the defense that showed up for that brief two game stretch against Minny and Cleveland had shown up these past five games, and had Shawn Slocum's special teams not kept their heads firmly up their butts, this team would have a fighting chance.

It's not the backup. Sure, if the Packers had a top notch backup, it might be different. But we'll never know if Seneca Wallace coulda been that guy, and the guys after him weren't ever going to be top notch backups, given they were the third and fourth choices.

That's just it. We are trying to tread water with a 4th/3rd string QB who couldn't secure a backup role in Oakland or Buffalo for crying out loud. And Woody, yes MM and TT failed with our backup QB situation but as Fritz said we'll never know if Wallace could have won a couple of these games while Rodgers' collarbone healed. We truly got snake bit this year. I'd love to know what other team out there is gonna be successful utilizing a QB situation like we find ourselves in. It really is a damn shame how this season unfolded. :neutral:

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 10:40 AM
That's just it. We are trying to tread water with a 4th/3rd string QB who couldn't secure a backup role in Oakland or Buffalo for crying out loud. And Woody, yes MM and TT failed with our backup QB situation but as Fritz said we'll never know if Wallace could have won a couple of these games while Rodgers' collarbone healed. We truly got snake bit this year. I'd love to know what other team out there is gonna be successful utilizing a QB situation like we find ourselves in. It really is a damn shame how this season unfolded. :neutral:

This is just the sort of position where all I can do is.................

Well yes. :?:

Pugger
12-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi Bossman...Good Luck in the Pro Pickem this week. There are some very interesting matchups to analyze. Some solid game to watch.

Green Bay and the backup QB:

Those backups had to be drafted by TT and developed within the Packers system.

When it became obvious tom TT that we were in a hole at backup QB he also could have brought this fella that he was certainly familiar with in for our side:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck

Where is that fella now? Did that fella ever express an interest in returning to the Green Bay Packers?

Now you know.

There aren't a lot of Matt Hasselbecks out there.

channtheman
12-07-2013, 12:20 PM
This is the thread packer rats deserves, but not the one it needed.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 12:29 PM
There aren't a lot of Matt Hasselbecks out there.

He was there as:

Matt Hasselbeck and TT is/was very familiar with him.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM
We can argue all season, and the offseason, on whether MM is a good coach or not, but one thing is true, you cannot find the NEXT great coach unless you replace the current one...

pbmax
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM
He was there as:

Matt Hasselbeck and TT is/was very familiar with him.

3/18/2013: Signed a two-year, $7.25 million contract. The deal included a $3 million signing bonus. Another $750,000 is available through incentives. 2013: $2 million, 2014: $1.75 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

Who does not get signed next year so they can have Hasselback?

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
3/18/2013: Signed a two-year, $7.25 million contract. The deal included a $3 million signing bonus. Another $750,000 is available through incentives. 2013: $2 million, 2014: $1.75 million (+ $500,000 roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

Who does not get signed next year so they can have Hasselback?

Ask TT. :idea:

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 12:50 PM
We can argue all season, and the offseason, on whether MM is a good coach or not, but one thing is true, you cannot find the NEXT great coach unless you replace the current one...

That's NOT going to happen after this season.

I see it this way right now:

MM is safe until TT decides to retire os the Packer GM.

Murphy >>>TT >>>MM.

Circle all three of them.

ThunderDan
12-07-2013, 01:11 PM
This is the thread packer rats deserves, but not the one it needed.

No shit.

The Packers average 399 ypg on Offense even with the crappy output the last 5 weeks. That's fifth in the NFL. We would be number 2 behind Denver if ARod didn't get hurt. As it is we are 4.1 ypg out of 3rd.

The problem this year has been the collapse of the defense over the last 5 weeks. It may be a chicken and egg type problem. The O is no good so the D is on the field longer. But the D no longer gets 3 and outs even to start the games when they are fresh so the O has horrible field position when the get the ball.

Special teams has been bad other than Mastay who has been excellent.

Tackling on both ST and D has been awful.

ThunderDan
12-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Unless you replace the current one and you hire the next Forrest Gregg. The coach who was going to bring toughness and discipline to the team and turn it around.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 01:15 PM
No shit.

The Packers average 399 ypg on Offense even with the crappy output the last 5 weeks. That's fifth in the NFL. We would be number 2 behind Denver if ARod didn't get hurt. As it is we are 4.1 ypg out of 3rd.

The problem this year has been the collapse of the defense over the last 5 weeks. It may be a chicken and egg type problem. The O is no good so the D is on the field longer. But the D no longer gets 3 and outs even to start the games when they are fresh so the O has horrible field position when the get the ball.

Special teams has been bad other than Mastay who has been excellent.

Tackling on both ST and D has been awful.

That's part of the reason why... but it's been showing up before Aaron Rodgers went down

On ST's Mason Crosby is having a much improved season. That's nice.

bobblehead
12-07-2013, 08:14 PM

Wasn't TT handling player procurement for that GM??

bobblehead
12-07-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm in my 40's so I did not witness Vince
I'd tak Hoody Genius and then Jimmy Johnson as the best I've witnessed
I'm glad Jerry Jones ego would not allow him to co-exist with Jimmy Johnson
I HATE Dallas but iff JJ had stayed I think they would have won about 3-4 more SB's in Dallas

Parcells took over 4 losing programs. 2 of them to superbowls, 1 to AFCC, and one back to the playoffs before he couldn't stand Jerrah anymore. I'll take Parcells. How many different teams (much less QB's) did BB or JJ take to the big game?

Rutnstrut
12-07-2013, 10:32 PM

What on earth are you smoking/injecting that you think Wallace would have been even a somewhat serviceable backup? The man couldn't even manage to not get hurt on a non contact play. The fact that Wallace was an option for them, shows that MM&TT failed miserably.

Patler
12-08-2013, 06:01 AM
What on earth are you smoking/injecting that you think Wallace would have been even a somewhat serviceable backup? The man couldn't even manage to not get hurt on a non contact play. The fact that Wallace was an option for them, shows that MM&TT failed miserably.

You do realize (I hope) that non-contact injuries are not at all uncommon in the NFL. By your logic, MM & TT must have failed miserably in keeping Mike McKenzie around for another year, because he, too, couldn't even manage to not get hurt on a non-contact play.

At the time he was signed, I thought Wallace was a good choice for a backup. Experienced in the league, smart, a little running ability. At least some others thought the same:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?25807-Seneca-Wallace

including the all-knowing Bob McGinn:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/team-could-win-without-rodgers-b99132791z1-230373561.html

Now knowing the outcome, I will not go back and pretend that I "knew" it ahead of time, or criticize others for not knowing it either. I will judge them only on the facts in front of them at the time.

Fritz
12-08-2013, 09:48 AM

Okay, then tell us all, with the benefit of hindsight, who you'd have gotten for a Packer backup during last offseason. Tell us what it would've taken to get that guy, including a reality-based contract or draft picks. And tell us how that person would've fit into the current salary cap situation, including the impact of trying to re-sign guys like Shields, Jones, and Raji next year.

Go ahead. Enlighten us.

bobblehead
12-08-2013, 10:10 AM

What makes you so sure he wouldn't have?

Zool
12-08-2013, 10:25 AM
This thread is what's wrong with some people. Everything is either the best or the worst. Stop fucking complaint about everything for fucks sake.

woodbuck27
12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
This thread is what's wrong with some people. Everything is either the best or the worst. Stop fucking complaint about everything for fucks sake.

OK..then we'll simply discuss what's on for Sunday supper or what beer we're enjoying today.

What the weather is like wherever we live.

What we enjoyed on TV last night.

Zool get real man. :???:

This is a football forum and we discuss football here and anything about football is fair game.

If your post wasn't serious ignore my post.

denverYooper
12-08-2013, 11:13 AM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/87ra6qKzXDA/0.jpg

pbmax
12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Ask TT. :idea:

TT has answered the question. No backup QB is worth that money if it costs you a core player you wish to keep.

So who would you give up for the backup QB? Williams? Raji? Pickett?

run pMc
12-08-2013, 11:41 AM
They stuck with Harrell too long. Coleman needed more time and they couldn't afford that luxury. Basically, they didn't have a backup plan to the backup plan and Vince Young was resulting desperation move. Getting Wallace was an upgrade, and Tolzien has shown he's worth keeping and developing IMO. Flynn was a big get considering Wallace also got hurt. From a backup QB standpoint, they made some mistakes but have recovered about as well as can be done. I agree with Fritz that the defense has been a bigger letdown -- they are much healthier on that side than on offense, and they have given up way too many yards/points.

Some of this can be on M3 and the staff as well -- there isn't a simple, black-and-white answer. The team wins/succeeds as one organization. Right now they aren't succeeding and it's because the defense can't stop anyone.

Parcells and Jimmy aren't unretiring to coach; Holmgren's not coming back either. M3 isn't an "elite" coach IMO -- I think he's pretty good M-Sa; the in-game stuff on Sundays he's so-so with. It's true the Packers could do better, but they could also do a lot worse. It wouldn't be easy to find an upgrade at HC. He won a SB 2.5 seasons ago...I'm not ready to turn on him with pitchforks and torches just yet.

woodbuck27
12-08-2013, 11:44 AM
TT has answered the question. No backup QB is worth that money if it costs you a core player you wish to keep.

So who would you give up for the backup QB? Williams? Raji? Pickett?

Any and all of them.

Williams game has deteriorated. Raji is invisible or already left the building. Pickett (AGE).

Rutnstrut
12-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Okay, then tell us all, with the benefit of hindsight, who you'd have gotten for a Packer backup during last offseason. Tell us what it would've taken to get that guy, including a reality-based contract or draft picks. And tell us how that person would've fit into the current salary cap situation, including the impact of trying to re-sign guys like Shields, Jones, and Raji next year.

Go ahead. Enlighten us.

Well one it's not my job, and Raji can go, he's a useless POS. The fact that Wallace was even an option shows a major fail with this.

woodbuck27
12-08-2013, 04:41 PM
OK we got a win...first one in six tries to move our record to 6-6-1. We are now trailing the LIONS by 1/2 game.

I know they must play the Ravens @ Home next week 15 on MNF and that won't be easy.

After that it's GIANTS @ LIONS in week 16 and LIONS on the road @ Vikings. GO Vikings !

Not to forget da Bears. We'll be pulling for the Boys to defeat da bears in Chicago tomorrow night on MNF.

Later in their schedule they are @ BROWNS in Week 15 @ Eagles in week 16 ( back to back road games is never great) and in Week 17 they're entertaining us @ home in the Windy City.

Loads of excitement for MM and company ahead.

Time and hard work to pull this season out yet.

Anyone? How did MM make out in your view today?

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Any and all of them.

Williams game has deteriorated. Raji is invisible or already left the building. Pickett (AGE).

So for the sake of a backup QB you shorten the window in which the team can win by eschewing your own FA. That's tremendously self-defeating. One healthy season by your starter and its a waste of money.

Iron Mike
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Parcells and Jimmy aren't unretiring to coach; Holmgren's not coming back either.

Oh, man....can you imagine if the Walrus would swallow his pride and come back and coach GB??

ThunderDan
12-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh, man....can you imagine if the Walrus would swallow his pride and come back and coach GB??

I think the games has passed him by at this point.

I would rather grab the next MM, Payton or Harbaugh.

Joemailman
12-08-2013, 10:27 PM

In 2+ games, Flynn has brought them from behind for a tie, lost a game that couldn't have been won with Rodgers, and won a game. We don't know what Wallace might have done if he hadn't gotten hurt. And it hasn't all been on the QB. As we saw today, you also need to have a defense play well to win with a backup QB, which was not the case in the losses.

bobblehead
12-08-2013, 11:03 PM
In 2+ games, Flynn has brought them from behind for a tie, lost a game that couldn't have been won with Rodgers, and won a game. We don't know what Wallace might have done if he hadn't gotten hurt. And it hasn't all been on the QB. As we saw today, you also need to have a defense play well to win with a backup QB, which was not the case in the losses.

That settles it. IR rodgers and go with flynn even if we make the playoffs.

channtheman
12-09-2013, 07:00 AM
That settles it. IR rodgers and go with flynn even if we make the playoffs.

Pretty sure even a 2nd grader could see that Joe was not saying anything like that at all... unless you are joking around, in which case, carry on.

pbmax
12-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Pretty sure even a 2nd grader could see that Joe was not saying anything like that at all... unless you are joking around, in which case, carry on.

Bobble is joshing Joe with a post reminiscent of the line of thinking Joe and Bobble disagree with.

I'm pretty sure.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:18 AM

It helped Flynn that they didn't lose EDS and shuffle the line. They wouldn't have beaten Detroit anyhow, but it mightn't have turned into the dumpster fire it did.

Your post reminds me of something I was thinking about in the car this morning: if they had signed Flynn when Rodgers went down and played him after a week or 2 of prep, would they have won an extra game or 2? There's a decent chance he could have beaten the Giants or Minny.

sharpe1027
12-09-2013, 10:33 AM

The successful franchises tend to stick with a good coach through rough patches. The perpetually crappy franchises use the coaching carousel. At some point a traditionally good coach might struggle long enough to justify a change..but it should be done with the understanding that half the coaches are failing every year. The odds are against you.

Fritz
12-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Well one it's not my job, and Raji can go, he's a useless POS. The fact that Wallace was even an option shows a major fail with this.

No, it's not your job. And maybe that's a good thing.

bobblehead
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Bobble is joshing Joe with a post reminiscent of the line of thinking Joe and Bobble disagree with.

I'm pretty sure.
I was joshing, but not sure what we usually disagree with. It was just off the cuff.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 04:05 PM

Joe:

The Packers went (without AR):

L ... L ... L ... T ... W or 1-3-1.

Great, just super..... and that win yesterday was against who?

Was that 'W' a convincing 'W' to you Joe in terms of the Backup QB position?

At that rate, in the five game stretch absent AR; and projecting that .... in a 16 game season the Packers would be:

Converting ties to a 'W' and allowing for a 'W' in the 16th game ... to be generous:

Models out to a 7 W - 9 L Season and that doesn't spell playoffs.

We would be in the same conversation in terms of strength as (maybe) St. Louis, Tennessee; Pittsburg and San Diego if fortunate. If you truly believe that Matt Flynn is the absolute response to the need as a competent backup !?

I suggest that you simply take a wait and see before you declare that as so. I don't see that as a solid option. If I'm wrong that's great.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:01 AM
We play the Pittsburgh Steelers again this weekend in Lambeau Field.

Will Big Ben 'and his Steelers', be out for some revenge after losing his last Super Bowl appearance to the Green bay Packers?

We'll soon see.

As it's now come to reveal itself.

I want to give Mike McCarthy compassion for all he's had to deal with in terms of the media and the Aaron Rodgers injury and follow-up.

I believe I'm understanding it all better.

GO PACKERS ! ,,,, GO PACK GO !!

mraynrand
12-21-2013, 09:09 AM
We play the Pittsburgh Steelers again this weekend in Lambeau Field.

stop the presses

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:11 AM
stop the presses

Never remark on anything worthy of respect....Eh Cleft.

Pugger
12-21-2013, 11:02 AM
It helped Flynn that they didn't lose EDS and shuffle the line. They wouldn't have beaten Detroit anyhow, but it mightn't have turned into the dumpster fire it did.

Your post reminds me of something I was thinking about in the car this morning: if they had signed Flynn when Rodgers went down and played him after a week or 2 of prep, would they have won an extra game or 2? There's a decent chance he could have beaten the Giants or Minny.

When Aaron first got hurt we still had Wallace. So instead of signing Flynn they brought Tolzien up from the PS. We only signed Flynn after Wallace was injured. When was Flynn cut by Buffalo? The day after The Injury? :?:

CaptainKickass
12-21-2013, 03:05 PM
When Aaron first got hurt we still had Wallace. So instead of signing Flynn they brought Tolzien up from the PS. We only signed Flynn after Wallace was injured. When was Flynn cut by Buffalo? The day after The Injury? :?:

http://bit.ly/1bYUcsJ

:rs:

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 03:34 PM
http://bit.ly/1bYUcsJ

:rs:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276566/article/matt-flynn-released-by-buffalo-bills-after-three-weeks

Captain:

Now that was too cool.

The modern age of the internet...amazing stuff when you explore it all.

I just sent my first Twitter post today. That was almost as thrilling as my first 'wet dream'.... and not as nasty.

CaptainKickass
12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276566/article/matt-flynn-released-by-buffalo-bills-after-three-weeks

Captain:

Now that was too cool.

The modern age of the internet...amazing stuff when you explore it all.

I just sent my first Twitter post today. That was almost as thrilling as my first 'wet dream'.... and not as nasty.

Next thing you know, you'll figure out how to clear your cookies so you can exceed the 10 per month limit!

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Next thing you know, you'll figure out how to clear your cookies so you can exceed the 10 per month limit!

Wow Man ... Eh!? What's the scoop on that... cookies abundance ... not good.

Ohh ... Ooh kaa...

1) Click on the little colorful circle thingy... lower LH corner of Windows screen.

2) Got it... click on ..ahh ..ahh..ohh yaa.......Control Panel

3) Holy Crap !! Look at all that...I'm stuck...

Mike McCarthy is....the Greatest Head Coach ever.... yea...yea...yea...yea...