PDA

View Full Version : YOU VOTED: "Official" PackerRats Playoff Predictio

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 08:21 PM
After receiving your votes for this years divisional and wildcard winners, these are the consensus predictions from PackerRats.com:

NFC East winner: Dallas Cowboys
NFC North winner: Green Bay Packers
NFC South winner: Carolina Panthers
NFC West winner: Seattle Seahawks

NFC wildcard winners: New York Giants, Chicago Bears

AFC East winner: New England Patriots
AFC North winner: Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC South winner: Indianapolis Colts
AFC West winner: Denver Broncos

AFC wildcard winners: Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Additional notes:

NFC East: Almost a third of those who voted for wildcard winners thought that both slots would come from the East. The 'Skins finished as the runner-up in the wildcard race. Also, every team in the East received at least one vote to win the division, and at least one vote to win a wildcard berth.

NFC North: The race was neck and neck between the Pack and da Bears. However, neither team received much consideration for a wildcard berth (one and two votes respectively). Detroit received no votes for either winning the division or a wildcard slot.

NFC South: Only two (of more than twenty) of you thought a team other than Carolina would win the division. The South also received the fewest votes for a wildcard berth, with only three of you believing that one of the wildcard teams would come from the division.

NFC West: Again, only two of you thought the division would be won by someone other than Seattle (both votes going to Arizona). St. Louis and SanFran received no votes for winning the division or a wildcard slot.

AFC East: New England and Miami were actually tied on the number of votes to win the division, with the tie being broken by wildcard votes. Neither the Jets nor Bills received any consideration for a playoff spot of any kind.

AFC North: Again, the Steelers and Bengals were tied for votes to win the division, with Pittsburgh winning the tiebreaker. Of those who picked Pittsburgh to win the division, only one person also selected Cincinnati to win a wildcard berth. The Ravens only received two wildcard votes, while Cleveland got no consideration.

AFC South: Only three of you thought that someone other than Indy would win the division. Tennessee received no consideration for a playoff berth.

AFC West: Each team received at least one vote to win the division. Only the Raiders did not receive any consideration for a wildcard berth. San Diego was the runner-up for a wildcard slot.

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Overall, the official PackerRats.com predictions do not vary much from the consensus picks of the "experts" - other than the prediction of the Packers to win the NFC North. PackerRats only predicts three non-playoff teams from 2005 to get a berth in 2006 (Packers, Dolphins, Cowboys).

(In fact, as anyone finds official predictions from any of the "experts," please post them in this thread.)

Then we can come back at the end of the year and see which experts - including the panel of PackerRats - were closest to predicting the 2006 playoff winners.

**We all complain about the "experts" here....so I would like to see if we average joes and janes can do any better....**

red
08-26-2006, 08:55 PM
when the hell was all this done?

i didn't get to take part in it :sad:

GrnBay007
08-26-2006, 09:08 PM

It was on top for 2 days Red....u snooze, u lose :razz: I brought it back up for you.

Geeez, even the Viking fans took part........bad red, bad, bad red. :razz:

red
08-26-2006, 09:16 PM
well now i just feel dumb

even dumber then normal

quit trying to turn me on with your dirty talk 007

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Thanks, 007. Sorry, red.

People might have kept the thread going if they knew what it was for, but that would have slanted the research...

GrnBay007
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
quit trying to turn me on with your dirty talk 007

:shock:

lil spankin never hurt anyone. :twisted:

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 12:31 AM
"Detroit received no votes for either winning the division or a wildcard slot. " FavreChild

DAM! Just can't figure that.

Awesome report FavreChild.

It will be interesting to see how actual results compare to these prognostications.

chewy-bacca
08-28-2006, 08:35 AM

dont feel bad, I missed it too.