PDA

View Full Version : Official NFC North Down The Stretch Thread

Joemailman
12-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Lions 7-6 (Baltimore, N.Y. Giants, @Minnesota)

Bears 6-6 (Dallas, @ Cleveland, @Philadelphia, Green Bay)

Packers 6-6-1 (@Dallas, Pittsburgh, @ Chicago)

Glad to see Baltimore win today. That keeps them in the middle of the wild card race and a motivated team at Detroit next week.

This should be interesting. None of these teams have what could be considered an easy game.

Aaron Rodgers, the nation (Packer Nation) is calling you in their hour of need.

LEWCWA
12-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Man I hate being a Cowboy fan!

Joemailman
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM

It's only for one night. Packers play them next week. Cheer for a Cowboy win with lots of injuries.

digitaldean
12-08-2013, 04:28 PM
It's only for one night. Packers play them next week. Cheer for a Cowboy win with lots of injuries.

AMEN to that!!

We got some breaks today. Now the Packers just have to take advantage of the situation.

channtheman
12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Doesn't even matter if the Bears win or lose tomorrow night. The Bears loss to the Vikings last week was their first of the two required for us to win the division. By virtue of us winning out, the Bears will have their second loss (last game of the season against us.)

Joemailman
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Doesn't even matter if the Bears win or lose tomorrow night. The Bears loss to the Vikings last week was their first of the two required for us to win the division. By virtue of us winning out, the Bears will have their second loss (last game of the season against us.)

What you see is true assuming the Packers win out. But if the Packers lose a game, the Bears game could matter. Theoretically, the Packers could win the division with a 7-8-1 record if the Lions lose 3 straight and the Bears lose 3 out of 4.

channtheman
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
What you see is true assuming the Packers win out. But if the Packers lose a game, the Bears game could matter. Theoretically, the Packers could win the division with a 7-8-1 record if the Lions lose 3 straight and the Bears lose 3 out of 4.

True. I am assuming we have to win out to win the division. I don't think the Lions will lose more than one of their remaining 3 games so again that would make the Bears a moot point. You are correct though. If the Lions lose 2 games, and the Bears lose 1 more (in addition to their final game against us) we could still lose another game and win the division.

gbgary
12-08-2013, 05:55 PM
as virgil sollozzo once said..."still alive!"

gbgary
12-08-2013, 05:57 PM
AMEN to that!!

We got some breaks today. Now the Packers just have to take advantage of the situation.

we've gotten a ton of breaks as far as the competition not wanting to win the division.

woodbuck27
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM

Join the Pro Pickem.

Week to week your not sure who you might be cheering. It's rather bizarre. Wild !

ThunderDan
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
as virgil sollozzo once said..."still alive!"

Two to the head from Michael for you.

Guiness
12-08-2013, 10:24 PM
That tie making it weird. Tie breakers won't come in to play, it's up to the Pack to win 1 more than the Lions and Bears the rest of the way.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:47 AM
That tie making it weird. Tie breakers won't come in to play, it's up to the Pack to win 1 more than the Lions and Bears the rest of the way.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

http://pressinamerica.pbworks.com/w/page/18360199/f/HunterS.jpg

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Buckle up, Rats.

QBME
12-09-2013, 09:18 AM
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

http://pressinamerica.pbworks.com/w/page/18360199/f/HunterS.jpg

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Buckle up, Rats.

Outstanding.

MadtownPacker
12-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I could see detroit losing all 3 games. But Rodgers has to come back for dallas. Besides that's his Superbowl winning stadium.

KYPack
12-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I could see detroit losing all 3 games. But Rodgers has to come back for dallas. Besides that's his Superbowl winning stadium.

Hope yer right.

I'd think Det at least splits one of the two home games and then needs the roadie vs MINN.

Schwartz looked like a girl scout on the sideline with a stocking hat over his ball cap.

If we wander into the play-offs, it'll be a real impossible dream.

George Cumby
12-09-2013, 10:50 AM
I wish I had as little confidence in Detroit as you guys. I'm thinking all three of those games are very winnable for them.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I wish I had as little confidence in Detroit as you guys. I'm thinking all three of those games are very winnable for them.

Yeah. Ravens are tough to predict though. They're not lighting it up this year but they keep hanging in games.

Fritz
12-09-2013, 10:57 AM
The Lions are, like their fans, schizophrenic. I heard for over a week after the Turkey Bomb that the Lions were going to win the division going away, and were fer sure going to go deep in the playoffs.

Today, they all want to fire Schvantz and get rid of Stafford.

I think the Lions have a good chance to win the last three. But we'll see.

gbgary
12-09-2013, 11:03 AM

this is the key to everything.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 11:07 AM
The Lions are, like their fans, schizophrenic. I heard for over a week after the Turkey Bomb that the Lions were going to win the division going away, and were fer sure going to go deep in the playoffs.

And likely just as good a chance to lose all 3. Not hanging my hat on it, but you just don't know with them.

I wonder what is up with Bush? Team says pulled calf.

Fritz
12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Did anyone else see that Jeremy Ross returned a punt for a TD and a kickoff for a TD for Detroit? He's been lighting it up on returns since he got there.

Damn. I wonder why he couldn't get it together in GB?

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Did anyone else see that Jeremy Ross returned a punt for a TD and a kickoff for a TD for Detroit? He's been lighting it up on returns since he got there.

Is it Wednesday yet?

QBME
12-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Slocum.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Jeremy Ross was amazing for the LIONS and actually their star player yesterday in Philly.

Yes he returned a punt for a TD (58 yards) and a KO 98 yards for another TD. He made a nice 47 yard return left and out of bounds on another KO. With 8 minutes remaining in the 4th Qtr. His offense alone almost exceeded the combined total offense of the LIONS otherwise.

To top it off he went down field alone to tackle a kick returner with a perfect one on one tackle. I 've not seen a better tackle by any Packer this season.

With that big play for a TD and his ST play that day.He has arrived in the NFL as a weapon and a Detroit Lion. He simply looks the part too.

*** The Green Bay Packers let Jeremy Ross go... for who? For what? WHY!? On Sept 23...Why!?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

SEPTEMBER:

DATE TRANSACTION

September 30, 2013 Signed RB Michael Hill from the practice squad and WR Reggie Dunn to the practice squad.

Sept. 23, 2013 ... *** Released WR Jeremy Ross.

September 2, 2013 Signed QB Seneca Wallace. Released QB B.J. Coleman. Signed G Bryan Collins, WR Charles Johnson, CB James Nixon, TE Jake Stoneburner, QB Scott Tolzien, WR Myles White, OT Aaron Adams and RB Michael Hill to the practice squad.

This guy is really good. Did he pee the bed or something in Green Bay? Why hang onto him until the season is well underway... Sept. 23 !

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 01:06 PM
This guy is really good. Did he pee the bed or something in Green Bay? Why hang onto him until the season is well underway... Sept. 23 !

I think they tried to keep him for that potential as a returner, but the Sept 22 game was a disaster for him and potential just wasn't enough anymore.

He kept putting the ball on the ground on returns, for one thing.

On Sept 22, in the Cincy game:

1 9:27 CIN 35 Mike Nugent kicks off 57 yards, muffed catch by Jeremy Ross, recovered by Taylor Mays and returned for no gain

He also messed something up playing WR in the Cincy game that likely cost the Packers a TD and got Rodgers blasted by a defender. I'm not sure what it was but on the play it looked like 2 things -- he messed up his route/adjustment and then didn't come back to block when Rodgers took off toward Ross's area. Rodgers got hammered and then came back glaring at Ross.

bobblehead
12-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Woody. I know your answer is 336, but I will ask anyway. How many times do you let a guys turnovers cost you games before you cut him loose?

Edit: Make that 447 not counting playoffs.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 01:10 PM
The Texans cut Trindon Holliday because he kept putting the ball on the ground, despite his ability to bust amazing returns. Denver picked him up and had some good games from him. But lately he's been mishandling a lot of balls and there's been a lot of discussion as to whether the spectacular gamebreaking returns is worth the agonizing backbreaking muffs.

So... just wait until Ross muffs a KO and costs Detroit the division before we crown him.

George Cumby
12-09-2013, 01:14 PM

They are idiots.