PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: vs. Falcons Aftermath

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
McCarthy PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1h
McCarthy: Excellent win today for our team, classify as a character win, proud of the way our guys stayed after it. #Packers #ATLvsGB

Good to win, been awhile. Forgot what it felt like. Excellent character win for our football team. #ATLvsGB

I like our opportunity in Dallas. That’s where my mind is. It’s about stacking success. #ATLvsGB

McCarthy-Our guys didn’t blink and we played our best in the second half. That’s what you look for in a football team. #ATLvsGB #Packers

McCarthy-I thought Matt Flynn played well. He did an excellent job in no huddle, I was very pleased with the way Matt played. #Packers

McCarthy-We needed a win. The work ethic on this team is excellent. We earned it today. #Packers

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Flynn PC

Matt Flynn-That kind of win is awesome, because you overcome things that our out of your control, find a way to win. #Packers

Flynn-We knew going on we needed to win this game, and we needed help. But we weren’t scoreboard watching. #Packers #ATLvsGB

Flynn-When we had to have the stop, we got the stops. When we had to score, we scored. #ATLvsGB

Flynn-The line played well, the backs did a good job, and we got the ball out. It all seemed to be flowing. #Packers #ATLvsGB

Flynn-Aaron is like a big brother a little bit. He talked about how happy he is when I have success. He has always had my back. #Packers

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 44m
We talked a lot about Flynn going deep. QB said after game plan was to rely on shorter passes, "make them make tackles in the open field."

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
McCarthy on what he told #Packers players after @LambeauField fans booed at half: "I told them it's lonely being a warrior sometimes."

pbmax
12-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
Hawk on Jarrett Bush: “He’s crazy. He’s probably going to run out on the field and run sprints." #packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 12m
John Kuhn on Flynn: "He’s unflappable. He’s not going to listen to the criticism. He’s going to take it and flush it." #packers

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14m
#Packers ILB @OfficialAJHawk on the difference today on defense: "We finally decided to stand up and make plays when we needed to."

AJ THAT'S NOT REALLY THE KIND OF ANALYSIS THAT HELPS ME CONVINCE OTHERS THAT YOUR GUYS JUST DON'T CARE AT TIMES!

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3m
Hawk: "This is great that we won, but we didn’t win the Super Bowl today. We won one game, and we’re still alive a little bit."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m
Hawk on Capers: "He’s the best and I love him. Defensively we need to stand up for him [and] play for him because his scheme is awesome."

bobblehead
12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
[B]

I like our opportunity in Dallas. That’s where my mind is. It’s about stacking success. #ATLvsGB

This is the new PC pussy McCarthy. I like the old one. The one that said this after Favre tossed a few picks and faked an injury so he didn't have to finish the game in dallas and reporter asked MM about now having to go into dallas in the playoffs.

"I don't care where we play them next, Dallas, Green Bay, we'll play them in the parking lot for all I care." That was a guy who coached a tough team. Well, at least they practiced outdoors this week.

Jimx29
12-09-2013, 02:32 AM
McCarthy on what he told #Packers players after @LambeauField fans booed at half: "I told them it's lonely being a warrior sometimes."

http://i42.tinypic.com/2u7pydd.jpg

pbmax
12-09-2013, 07:53 AM
This is the new PC pussy McCarthy. I like the old one. The one that said this after Favre tossed a few picks and faked an injury so he didn't have to finish the game in dallas and reporter asked MM about now having to go into dallas in the playoffs.

"I don't care where we play them next, Dallas, Green Bay, we'll play them in the parking lot for all I care." That was a guy who coached a tough team. Well, at least they practiced outdoors this week.

One comment was an emotional reaction to a relatively close loss while chasing a playoff berth. It might have been Favre who set him off, but the proximate cause was a question about a moral victory by coming so close to beating what was regarded as a superior team.

The second is after a win when to even think about the playoffs now, because its completely out of your hands (Division certainly, Wild Card most likely). He's done one game at a time before. Its still the same guy fighting to control his temper.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:30 AM

That is an awesome quote.

His ability to drop lines like this on the spot is the reason I generally like M3.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Much was being made on the twitter about House being benched to start the game and Burnett taking a seat for a bit in the second half (although it wasn't for very long... I saw him back out w/in a few plays).

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 1m
#Packers Jarrett Bush (@Jarrettbush) gets gameball on def-only 17/59 snaps, but all huge! When on field-Falcons 2/8 on 3rd down, 0/1 on 4th

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 3m
#Packers played DIME 15/59 snaps v.ATL.. Ryan was 6/14,61yds INT-Combo of @micah_hyde & @Jarrettbush

pbmax
12-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 3m
#Packers played DIME 15/59 snaps v.ATL.. Ryan was 6/14,61yds INT-Combo of @micah_hyde & @Jarrettbush

Not sure if that was Hyde/Bush or cold/Falcons Offense.

pbmax
12-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Much was being made on the twitter about House being benched to start the game and Burnett taking a seat for a bit in the second half (although it wasn't for very long... I saw him back out w/in a few plays).

So was it Shields and Williams outside?

pbmax
12-09-2013, 09:22 AM

So was it Shields and Williams outside?

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131208/PKR01/312080338/Notebook-Quarless-adds-missing-dimension-offense

The Packers sat third-year cornerback Davon House and inserted veteran Jarrett Bush as a slot corner in the dime subpackage, and then replaced M.D. Jennings in the second quarter with second-year safety Sean Richardson following a shaky start.

Wow. We talked about this in the Game Day thread and I counted wrong. Thought Bush had been dime since Hayward went down. But that must only have been when Shields was out as well.

Wondering about this with Richardson: when he is in, he seems to play close to the LOS a significant amount of the time. that would put Burnett deep where Jennings normally is. Do you think this is the preferred arrangement or does having to play Burnett deep go against the preferred alignment and thus keep Jennings in the mix?

pbmax
12-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Lacy (ankle), Brad Jones (ankle) and Lattimore (knee) were the Packer injuries.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Not sure if that was Hyde/Bush or cold/Falcons Offense.

Yeah. GB's defense might have also been forced into some unscouted looks after Jolly and Lattimore dropped and GB was down to Hawk at ILB. And the Falcons dropped a few balls.

What happened to the Falcons offense anyhow? They lost Julio Jones and Roddy White and Stephen Jackson were out a lot but they had Ryan, SJax, Gonzo, White, and Harry Douglas yesterday. That's still a lot of talent at the skills. I know they had OL issues also but it's not like that made GB's front look any different than they have for most of the year.

At any rate, the Packers D has made a lot of QBs look like Pro Bowlers, so I'll take it.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131208/PKR01/312080338/Notebook-Quarless-adds-missing-dimension-offense

Wow. We talked about this in the Game Day thread and I counted wrong. Thought Bush had been dime since Hayward went down. But that must only have been when Shields was out as well.

Wondering about this with Richardson: when he is in, he seems to play close to the LOS a significant amount of the time. that would put Burnett deep where Jennings normally is. Do you think this is the preferred arrangement or does having to play Burnett deep go against the preferred alignment and thus keep Jennings in the mix?

How many snaps did House play? I didn't see him out there very often.

He's only on the stat sheet with 1 ST tackle, and they don't have the snap counts on the gamebook yet.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 16m
#Packers DT Josh Boyd-played solid 12 snaps v.ATL.. Big,stout body. Here dropping his 310lbs into coverage on 3rddown

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbDZNCFCMAI-2Y_.jpg:large

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m
Sean Richardson with a career 38-defensive snaps against the #Falcons. M.D. Jennings had 21, including one in late prevent #Packers

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 2m
#Packers @JJolly97 helluva game! 32/59 snaps v.ATL.. 15 runs-33yds(2.2avg).. Highlight reel of leverage & swim moves

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbDgu3dCIAAurJ1.jpg:large

ThunderDan
12-09-2013, 09:59 AM
#Packers @JJolly97 helluva game! 32/59 snaps v.ATL.. 15 runs-33yds(2.2avg).. Highlight reel of leverage & swim moves

That's a great picture to see the run fit on D.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 11m
Sean Richardson with a career 38-defensive snaps against the #Falcons. M.D. Jennings had 21, including one in late prevent #Packers

Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 20s
#Packers safety situation..Richardson-38/59 snaps.. Jennings-21/59....Richardson played well late in game. Range/Discipline not fully tested

Fritz
12-09-2013, 10:45 AM
If playing Richardson closer to the LOS to help with the run puts Burnett in the back, and if that's where they've envisioned him, this could be a big help to the Pack these last few weeks.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 10:57 AM
That's a lot of snaps for Richardson in his first game back after being off for almost a year!

Anyone got news on the Sherrod watch? He dressed and Newhouse didn't, I didn't hear about a Newhouse injury. No shuffling of the line this game so maybe he didn't see the field - a mixed blessing for sure, want to get him out there, but great that the line made it through the day intact!

DenverYouper - snap counts aren't in game books, are they?

pbmax
12-09-2013, 11:39 AM
That's a lot of snaps for Richardson in his first game back after being off for almost a year!

Anyone got news on the Sherrod watch? He dressed and Newhouse didn't, I didn't hear about a Newhouse injury. No shuffling of the line this game so maybe he didn't see the field - a mixed blessing for sure, want to get him out there, but great that the line made it through the day intact!

newhouse had an illness, not an injury.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 12:11 PM

They're supposed to be, but they don't usually make it in to the first version. The one I downloaded this AM hadn't been updated with snap counts yet.

Fritz
12-09-2013, 12:13 PM

True. He was sick of getting beat all the time.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Flynn gets credit for a 4th Quarter Comeback and a Game Winning Drive for his TD pass to Quarless in the 4th quarter.

Clutchness + 2.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM

I'd love to see that play roll.

I'd be keying on Packers # 90.

Did he get stood up? Did he land on his knees or ass? Get tosses like a rag doll?

Make a solid play?

bobblehead
12-09-2013, 01:10 PM

I think Burnett plays much better roaming the large real estate. He tries to be physical, but he isn't a thick guy.

George Cumby
12-09-2013, 01:10 PM
True. He was sick of getting beat all the time.

I heard that he had a problem with his eyes....... He couldn't see coming in to work.

bobblehead
12-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Didn't think PMS counted as an illness, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 01:19 PM
They're supposed to be, but they don't usually make it in to the first version. The one I downloaded this AM hadn't been updated with snap counts yet.

I looked at some of the older ones and don't see them there either. Are you looking at the ones from Packers.com? They used to be on nfl.com but I can't seem to find them there anymore.

Here is one from earlier in the season, the Bengals game
http://www.packers.com/assets/docs/gamebooks/2013/130922-gamebook-bengals.pdf

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I looked at some of the older ones and don't see them there either. Are you looking at the ones from Packers.com? They used to be on nfl.com but I can't seem to find them there anymore.

On NFL.com, you have to go to the game page, click on "Game Info" under the scoreboard, and then "Game Book" in the "Game Access" box.

The NFL does a pretty good job at making it's site pretty user-unfriendly.

Pro tip: pro-football-reference.com is much easier to get most game info, including PBP. Unfortunately they don't have snap counts yet.

Bossman641
12-09-2013, 01:33 PM

Go to NFL.com, then Game Center for the game you want. Right under the scoreboard, click Game Info. There's a box on the right with the header Game Access. You can download the Game Book there.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 01:46 PM
On NFL.com, you have to go to the game page, click on "Game Info" under the scoreboard, and then "Game Book" in the "Game Access" box.

The NFL does a pretty good job at making it's site pretty user-unfriendly.

Pro tip: pro-football-reference.com is much easier to get most game info, including PBP. Unfortunately they don't have snap counts yet.

Thanks, I see it now. I figured that out once before but like you said - un-intuitive so I didn't remember it. When you first go to the game page if defaults to the video, even though "Game Info" is first in the list.

Still not seeing snap counts though, even for the older games?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Didn't think PMS counted as an illness, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

Hmm, are you saying Newhouse has a vagina? That would explain a lot...

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 01:58 PM

I thought maybe you might enjoy reading this. I draw you attention (specifically) to the authors comments on the Green Bay Packer OL. He also make a definite observation regarding the teams offense and it's decline in performance since 2010....more.

http://pocketdoppler.com/2013/07/26/packers-offensive-preview-2013/

Green Bay Packers Offensive Preview

By Stu in Featured, Football, Green Bay Packers on July 26, 2013 4:44 pm

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Ohh Dear and who knew that Marshal Newhouse could have a vagina!? So that explains why he has two gaits...one slow and the other slower.

I'm thinking about a man (men) and any reference to them having a vagina. The sex change phenomena.

A great writer...on the sudden...ness of life altering experience (s):

" Men are dieing that never died before . " Ernest Hemingway

KYPack
12-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Man, Johnny Jolly is a full grown man, now.

He is eating up that double.

I think he'll get a big pay day from somebody, I hope it is us.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Here you go Guiness...and it's easily sortable:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

pbmax
12-09-2013, 03:26 PM

Doesn't fit. No woman I know gives up that easily about anything.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Here you go Guiness...and it's easily sortable:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Wow, thanks. I've never seen that.

Something interesting...Starks has taken 11 ST snaps this year. No KR numbers though, and he sure as hell wasn't on the hands team. Anyone notice him out there?

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Wow, thanks. I've never seen that.

Anytime. If you need it I often have it. :grin:

Bossman641
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Lacy is banged up. That draw before half was stupid. Every coach does that and I have no clue why. Essentially nothing to gain.