PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy coaches, Favre responds

OKC PackerFan
08-26-2006, 09:22 PM
From PACKERSNEWS.COM

Veteran quarterback making better decisions after rebuke by first-year coach.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060826/PKR0205/608260486/1989

Like the previous coaching staff, the Packers' coaches say Favre is open to coaching — all attribute it in part to the ingrained respect he has for coaches because his father was a high school coach. In the quarterbacks' meeting after the five-interception practice, offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said Favre matter-of-factly accepted the critique of his interceptions and the mind-set McCarthy wants.

"'Yeah, I see it, I can't force it,'" Jagodzinski said, recounting Favre's reaction.

"He takes coaching, he always has. You don't berate a guy. There's a way to do it, there's a way not to do it."

Who says Favre can't be coached, great article.

red
08-26-2006, 09:26 PM
this is what i was hoping to see when they brought in MM. lets hope favre shows on the field that he can be under control. if he can, we might have a pretty good year, and he'll shut up a lot of people

but it already sounds like MM isn't afraid to tell brett when he's screwing up, and that it will not be accepted. and i really don't think he got that at all last year from the old coach

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
this is what i was hoping to see when they brought in MM. lets hope favre shows on the field that he can be under control. if he can, we might have a pretty good year, and he'll shut up a lot of people

but it already sounds like MM isn't afraid to tell brett when he's screwing up, and that it will not be accepted. and i really don't think he got that at all last year from the old coach

My gut tells me favre has less than 15 picks. I think this offense is made for him.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 01:53 AM
My gut tells me favre has less than 15 picks. I think this offense is made for him.

It will be hard for Favre to throw INT's lying on his back, because the O-Line can't protect him. Yeah, 15 INT's seem realistic in that climate... :twisted:

mmmdk
08-27-2006, 01:59 AM

It will be hard for Favre to throw INT's lying on his back, because the O-Line can't protect him. Yeah, 15 INT's seem realistic in that climate... :twisted:

LOL ! Seriously, I think Favre is in for a super solid year. I've been drafting Favre so cheaply in all the fantasy leagues I'm in. I get Favre as my # 2 QB in rounds 7-9, it's ridiculous. I'm happy though and this is not homer drafting - some guys take Aaron Brooks before Favre???

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 02:29 AM
...this is not homer drafting - some guys take Aaron Brooks before Favre???

I hope you stick it to your competitors Michael! Make 'em eat crow!