PDA

View Full Version : The NFL rapes it's customer base while dictating behavior

CaptainKickass
12-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Shaking my head.
This is some of the dumbest most controlling bullshit I've ever heard.

Can't tailgate
No grills allowed
Can't "lounge" (could this be anymore vague?)
Can't bring folding chairs
Can't walk in
Must take shuttle for $51
Only "authorized" taxi's/private cars allowed. (Meaning only those companies who have paid some additional "fee", thus limiting customer choice, limiting competition, and certainly increasing the price)

While a lot of these rules and guidelines sound insane, they’re in place for our safety. It may be untraditional, but it’s tough to argue with that.

No Mr DelVecchio, it's actually very easy to argue with that. I mean, why stop at banning tailgating or "lounging"? Why not ban the obvious source of this security concern - the parking lots? Or maybe just ban people? I mean, that'd be far safer and "tough to argue" according to your fucked up logic.

How about instead of making a blanket statement, you provide some facts or evidence that proves that these measures actually DO increase safety or security? Oh right, because your job doesn't involve research or facts. You're just another mouthpiece automaton without the ability to question bullshit that's right in front of your face.

And it’ll all be watched very carefully

Al Kelly - you can kiss my ass.

NFL = NO FUN LEAGUE

Keep it up and it'll eventually be the "NO FAN LEAGUE"

Full article here:
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/tailgating-not-allowed-at-super-bowl/213422

pbmax
12-09-2013, 05:46 PM
They have walked back the no tailgating, which they will apparently allow. But there are no grills allowed.

bobblehead
12-09-2013, 05:50 PM
They have walked back the no tailgating, which they will apparently allow. But there are no grills allowed.

NO need for me to ever go to a game again then since its 75% of what I enjoy about going to a game in 10 degree weather.

CaptainKickass
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM

They're allowing you to have food & drink "in your car". But I've seen nothing to say they've "walked back" anything. Can you cite a source?

Tailgating, which originated in the United States, often involves consuming alcoholic beverages and grilling food.

Sounds like no tailgating to me.

Also:

Fans who had considered parking farther from the stadium and getting there on foot will not be allowed to enter.

"You cannot walk to the Super Bowl," Kelly said. "You can get your hotel to drop you off at one of the New Jersey Transit locations or get the shuttle to take you to a Fan Express location, but you cannot walk."

source: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10109826/no-tailgating-parties-super-bowl-stadium

Lets ban WALKING!!

Fucking dumb.

Freak Out
12-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Just stupid.....the most fun I ever had at a game was the tailgating.

Guiness
12-09-2013, 06:25 PM
They're not allowing limos? lol, that's a hoot too. SB draws a lot of 'celebrities' and they won't be allowed to have a limo drop them off unless it has a parking pass...then it can't leave. I guess the rich and famous will probably get a parking pass and have the driver sit there during the game. Sounds great for air pollution too, because I imagine there will be 1000 cars sitting there idling because the drivers will want to keep the vehicle running to stay warm!

Freak Out
12-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Time for some carbon offsets! :)

What about helicopter travel?

pbmax
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
They're allowing you to have food & drink "in your car". But I've seen nothing to say they've "walked back" anything. Can you cite a source?

Sounds like no tailgating to me.

Also:

source: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10109826/no-tailgating-parties-super-bowl-stadium

Lets ban WALKING!!

Fucking dumb.

I agree that with no grill you really don't have tailgating, but here is the source on allowing grill-less tailgating.

https://twitter.com/SupEvents/status/410166352893452288

Frank Supovitz
‏@SupEvents
Contrary 2 reports, there is no ban on TLG8ing at SBXLVIII. Just can't bring grills or take up an empty pkg space.

He is an NFL Senior Vice President of BuzzKill.

KYPack
12-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Christ, you had me fooled there, Kick.

I thought you meant at Lambeau, 'til I opened the link.

This whole article is fucked up.

What does this part mean,?

“Nobody’s going to be dropped off by black car,” Kelly said. “You can have a black car, a green car, a white car, a red car as long as you have parking, and the car needs to stay on the premises the entire time.”

Everything has gone goofy.

CaptainKickass
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I agree that with no grill you really don't have tailgating, but here is the source on allowing grill-less tailgating.

Thanks for the link PB.

Call me Admiral Assumption if you like but, my gut tells me that most people's definition of "Tailgating" at a football game includes grills, grilling, grillers, grilled stuff, grill-meisters and even girls who grill.

Anything else won't even qualify as a fucking picnic.

http://www.thes4p.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tailgate-grills.jpg

CaptainKickass
12-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Also -

Most cold weather fans do have a deep appreciation for the tailgating come winter time. And everyone who's at a tailgate is usually having fun. Perhaps they're afraid of a bunch of cooking meat making the area hungry? Maybe one could hang glide to the game? We assume skateboarding and bicycling are also banned.

KY you fooled yourself by skipping the story. This is a common tactic in anything called "news" these days. But yes, everything has indeed gone goofy.

It was bad enough that a guy needed to spend a small fortune just to go to the Superbowl, unless you were already a super rich motherfucker, but now they rip out a tradition at the heart of the fan experience because they're afraid?

Grow some fucking balls NFL.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 10:46 PM

Will they allow the crusts on sandwiches?

Joemailman
12-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Will people be arrested for wearing cheap jerseys from China?

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Also -

Most cold weather fans do have a deep appreciation for the tailgating come winter time. And everyone who's at a tailgate is usually having fun. Perhaps they're afraid of a bunch of cooking meat making the area hungry? Maybe one could hang glide to the game? We assume skateboarding and bicycling are also banned.

KY you fooled yourself by skipping the story. This is a common tactic in anything called "news" these days. But yes, everything has indeed gone goofy.

It was bad enough that a guy needed to spend a small fortune just to go to the Superbowl, unless you were already a super rich motherfucker, but now they rip out a tradition at the heart of the fan experience because they're afraid?

Yes.

Their messing with a cultural ideal and a part of what American football and Game Day means.

I'm surprized to be reading this. Well no... somewhat shocked. I must stop here.

I'd like to comment further but I have to respect the fact I'm not to post anything political here.

pbmax
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Also -

My suspicion is that the car restrictions are over concerns for traffic, which were still being hashed out with area businesses just a few months ago.

The release specifically mentioned not being able to take up two parking spaces to tailgate, which would be logical is space is restricted in the swamplands of Jersey. But how the grill plays into that I don't know. Has tailgating been proscribed at other Super Bowls?

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2013, 10:26 AM
But you have to take a bus for $51? NFL making almost $4M just on that.

If tailgating works on Sundays for Giants games, why can it not work for the SB?

The argument on traffic doesn't hold water. What do the Giants do on regular Sundays?

bobblehead
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the link PB.

Call me Admiral Assumption if you like but, my gut tells me that most people's definition of "Tailgating" at a football game includes grills, grilling, grillers, grilled stuff, grill-meisters and even girls who grill.

See, you need a girl...er grill. Thats my definition of tail.....gating.

Tony Oday
12-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Who here has even been to a recent Super Bowl? I have and these are not normal games, these are huge corporate groups and corporate areas that predominate the scene. The little guy with his three buddies are at the bar not the game.

Little Whiskey
12-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Christ, you had me fooled there, Kick.

I thought you meant at Lambeau, 'til I opened the link.

This whole article is fucked up.

What does this part mean,?

“Nobody’s going to be dropped off by black car,” Kelly said. “You can have a black car, a green car, a white car, a red car as long as you have parking, and the car needs to stay on the premises the entire time.”

Everything has gone goofy.
I thought the same thing and I thought what the hell are they going to do? Keep people from tailgating at private homes and businesses since a majority of parking and tailgating at lambeau is done "offsite".

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the link PB.

Heavens ta Mercutoid...THAT's got to go !! The fun must end !!

pbmax
12-10-2013, 12:18 PM

If tailgating works on Sundays for Giants games, why can it not work for the SB?

The argument on traffic doesn't hold water. What do the Giants do on regular Sundays?

Who here has even been to a recent Super Bowl? I have and these are not normal games, these are huge corporate groups and corporate areas that predominate the scene. The little guy with his three buddies are at the bar not the game.

If it WERE just a Giants or Jets game, it would work. But ask Tony points out, its anything but regular. I suspect the normal amount of car traffic will be squeezed into 1/3 less parking to accommodate media, corporate events and tents plus whatever sideshow the NFL puts up outside the stadium.

I bet someone here who went to the Packers opener versus the Saints after the Super Bowl could attest to the takeover of the normal grounds.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 12:30 PM
If it WERE just a Giants or Jets game, it would work. But ask Tony points out, its anything but regular. I suspect the normal amount of car traffic will be squeezed into 1/3 less parking to accommodate media, corporate events and tents plus whatever sideshow the NFL puts up outside the stadium.

I bet someone here who went to the Packers opener versus the Saints after the Super Bowl could attest to the takeover of the normal grounds.

Ohh wow this will be great! Think of the kids!! Generations of conditioned 'football' fans.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_yDYvuDPIw7iX-UvWlHkrD12Pu5KQlfjnuNYthMAs55qVVAcp

Before the BIG GAME ...You've got the BIG TOP.

Another brilliant $money making$ and marketing ploy.

Jaysus please ! Stand down for tradition. A fricken' grilled hot dog and a bottle of beer.

Cost ... $ a buck and a half $.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 01:04 PM

They said that a lot of extra space had to be dedicated to security, which cut down significantly on parking.

That doesn't explain the ban on walking though. I have no idea what the location is like, and if it lends itself to walking, but why in the hell would they ban it? I can't see a security reason for it.

On another note, can you get rid of that damn avatar? It makes me crazy! lol

Tony Oday
12-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Another security thing I would guess why there is no walk up.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Another security thing I would guess why there is no walk up.

Can't see that. A car is a lot bigger of a security concern than a pedestrian. It would be easy to set up some sort of access control for foot traffic.

Just had a look at the Metlife website, it seems that walking is not generally an option, except walking in from transit or some of the lots they control. This might be less of a rule, and more of a 'business as usual' thing.

CaptainKickass
12-10-2013, 01:45 PM
The claim is that it's about security. I call bullshit.

If tailgating, grilling, walking to a stadium, hiring your own transportation, lounging on folding chairs, and generally partying in a parking lot is SUCH a big fucking security risk for the Superbowl - then it's also a big risk for every NFL game in every city.

If true, then the NFL, the owners and the cities are doing a great dis-service to their customers. They are risking MILLIONS of innocent lives on any given Sunday, Monday, and/or Thursday and a couple Saturdays during the playoffs.

The point is...

There's not a damn thing about these activities that makes them MORE of a security risk just because it's the fucking Superbowl.

Tony Oday
12-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Of course there is, its the fucking Superbowl as you say seen by billions around the world. I agree that most of it is for money but this game is as far from the fan base as you can get. A good Superbowl game costs $10k for scalped tickets, I would have sold mine if I wouldnt have been fired if I did.

The Superbowl is a corporate event.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Of course there is, its the fucking Superbowl as you say seen by billions around the world. I agree that most of it is for money but this game is as far from the fan base as you can get. A good Superbowl game costs $10k for scalped tickets, I would have sold mine if I wouldnt have been fired if I did.

Not related to Mike Tice then, eh?

Cheesehead Craig
12-10-2013, 04:02 PM
On another note, can you get rid of that damn avatar? It makes me crazy! lol

Never!!! Bwah ha ha ha!

Tony Oday
12-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Not related to Mike Tice then, eh?

Yeah my Division President and I almost sold them...we decided not to risk it...

CaptainKickass
12-10-2013, 06:35 PM

So...

What you're saying is...

Worldwide TV broadcast makes tailgating more dangerous.
The richer you get the less you give a shit about partying in a parking lot.
You're not real fond of the apostrophe.
In retrospect you wish you would have sold the tickets and been fired.

Got it!