PDA

View Full Version : McGinn tips his hat to Jarrett Bush

Patler
12-10-2013, 04:25 AM
For those who question why Jarrett Bush is on the team, it's not his covergae skills as a DB, but his work ethic, determination and willingness to do anything and everything to the best of his ability, and without complaint.

Let's face it. If Jarrett Bush doesn't break up the fourth-down pass to Gonzalez, the Falcons probably win. Given the Hall of Fame-bound tight end and the situation, it might have been the Packers' defensive play of the year. Instead of using Tramon Williams (58) inside in sub and inserting Davon House outside, the coaches benched House (one) after two weeks of non-physical play and went with Micah Hyde (36) as the nickel and Bush (17) as the dime. Bush, in limited duty, has been aggressive and effective in coverage. He's fearless, big and seasoned. What a moment it was to see Bush, a career backup, get all over Gonzalez on one of his automatic routes and knock the ball away. Then Bush sealed the victory with as strong an interception as you'll ever see. You talk about desire. Those two plays should be shown in high school, collegiate and NFL tape rooms for years to come.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-the-falcons-b99159822z1-235178811.html#ixzz2n4ASt1jA
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

and from others:

Maybe no player on the roster has the respect of teammates quite like cornerback Jarrett Bush. After practices, he's the one running through grueling workouts.

A core special teams player, he rarely sees the field defensively. Bush has stayed in the league this long on pure hustle and heart. He's the second-longest tenured Packer on the team.

Calling that fourth-down break-up "monstrous," inside linebacker A.J. Hawk put Bush's value in context.

“He’s crazy. He’s probably going to run out on the field and run sprints, honestly," Hawk said. "I say all the time, I have a dog that has to run on the treadmill to tire him out, that’s him. He doesn’t get tired. I love that guy. His approach has been amazing. You can never have too many of those guys.”

“Everybody has a different approach at how you handle it," Hawk said. "Do you pay attention to everything, nothing, a little bit, whatever. I don’t think he’s heard anything ever. It would never change him. He’s in his own little world. You guys have probably talked to him. He’s an energetic guy to say the least. He kind of vibrates at a different frequency than all of us. He’s on fire all the time.

"I don’t know how he sleeps. Honestly, I don’t think he does."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234992601.html#ixzz2n4Ebi3Ln
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

pbmax
12-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Its a pretty telling comment from Hawk, who is one of the harder workers on the team.

Zool
12-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy

You're 5 foot nuthin

Rudy, Rudy

100 and nothin

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy

denverYooper
12-10-2013, 09:27 AM
I found a couple of things in the article interesting, in addition to Bush's extended playing time:

the coaches benched House (one) after two weeks of non-physical play and went with Micah Hyde (36) as the nickel and Bush (17) as the dime.

I was wondering about the snap count for house in the "More Banjo" thread. McGinn has him with 1 snap, but he credits the benching to non-physical play. I'm not sure if that's the whole answer and suspect it might have more to do with inconsistency, of a piece with the McMillian cut.

Hyde had one of his better days with kickoff returns of 31 and 30 yards plus a 12-yard punt return. ILB Victor Aiyewa and Richardson sustained their blocks for Hyde and were rugged in coverage.

Green Bay's special teams looked better than they had in weeks. I'm sure part of it was the weather, but part of it seems to be guys just added to the roster doing their jobs.

Maybe the earlier motto of "keep calm and carry on" has turned to the Belichickian "do your job" and they're turning to guys who just do their jobs.

pbmax
12-10-2013, 09:39 AM
House seemed on his way to being the second best punt gunner on the team after Bush. I wonder of 1.5 years of struggling at CB after injuries have had a cascade effect.

bobblehead
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Mostly I like MM and TT's theory. Bush is on the team for his relentless effort. It sends a message to others, and if you never reward that effort, others start to take it easy. Sometimes I feel like they stick with a guy a little too long (not you mcmillan) like Newhouse, but mostly they hold players accountable for performance. Heads will roll on D this offseason, just hoping a couple coaches roll with them.

We need more guys like Daniels and Richardson. We need the relentless hustlers. This team has the components to be a good defense, but we are a couple pieces away. They are trying to make Richardson one of them, I hope it works.

Smidgeon
12-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Its a pretty telling comment from Hawk, who is one of the harder workers on the team.

My thoughts exactly.

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 11:51 AM
It's easy as 'simply a fan' to be wrong about any player.

Three cheers :clap: for a hard working Green Bay Packer. Hard work wins again.

Patler
12-10-2013, 01:32 PM

Yup. If Hawk thinks you are crazy,...maybe you are! :grin:

Fritz
12-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Was it Skin or Nutz who so loved Jarrett Bush?

pbmax
12-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Was it Skin or Nutz who so loved Jarrett Bush?

Skin was fascinated by Atari Bigby. red thinks Bush is a double-agent for the Bears.

Patler
12-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Skin was fascinated by Atari Bigby. red thinks Bush is a double-agent for the Bears.

I thought Red was the guy who thought Bush is being underpaid????

Guiness
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought Red was the guy who thought Bush is being underpaid????

No, red thinks he should've paid more for the guys he hired to knock off Bush!

gbgary
12-10-2013, 06:18 PM
that's it...i'm getting a BUSH jersey! who's with me?

CaptainKickass
12-10-2013, 06:52 PM
It's been too long -

I still blame Bob McGinn and his insane article for Aaron's injury and the Packers losing ways.

If Bob McGinn's article were a business report, this is exactly what it would be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj4dhDV_qa0