PDA

View Full Version : Tretter activated! Myles White to IR.

Patler
12-10-2013, 04:51 PM
I am surprised by both moves. Reports about Tretter didn't sound at all encouraging just a few weeks ago.

Saw White slow to get up on Sunday. Didn't realize there was much to it.

Joemailman
12-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Not sure if he'll be activated on Sunday, but it would be nice to not have to move Lang from RG to C if EDS goes down. I wouldn't expect too much though. You're talking about an undersized (at least for now) rookie who missed all of the offseason practices.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 06:05 PM
White, eh? That's too bad, he's made some catches for a #4/5 WR. That leaves just 4WRs on the roster, including Harper, who's NFL stats consist of...1 tackle.

pbmax
12-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Interesting. Tretter must be the G/C swing backup. Good for him to get some use out of this year.

So its Sherrod versus Newhouse for backup Tackle only.

CaptainKickass
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm REALLY surprised that even though we've had what may be record numbers of injuries, I somehow still knew each player's name already when it was announced.

:-D

pittstang5
12-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I dub Tuesday's "Random Packer Roster Move Day."

Patler
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Not sure if he'll be activated on Sunday, but it would be nice to not have to move Lang from RG to C if EDS goes down. I wouldn't expect too much though. You're talking about an undersized (at least for now) rookie who missed all of the offseason practices.

... and who has no experience at center at all.

Might mean nothing at all. Quarless was on the active roster for a few weeks after PUP last year, too; then went to IR when a roster spot was needed. Could just be an opportunity to work him in drills to see how he progresses.

bobblehead
12-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Tretter goes 300, no? That is only barely undersized for C/G.

Joemailman
12-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Tretter goes 300, no? That is only barely undersized for C/G.

The story in JSO had him listed at 296 which is 11 pounds lighter than his listed weight when drafted. If the 296 is accurate, that's pretty light for these days. 307 would be reasonable for a rookie. Would his injury keep him out of the weight room enough that he would have lost weight since he was drafted?

Guiness
12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The story in JSO had him listed at 296 which is 11 pounds lighter than his listed weight when drafted. If the 296 is accurate, that's pretty light for these days. 307 would be reasonable for a rookie. Would his injury keep him out of the weight room enough that he would have lost weight since he was drafted?

An OL who LOSES weight when he's off his feet?

Never seen that before. Don't like it, get rid of him!!! :taunt:

woodbuck27
12-11-2013, 02:06 AM
An OL who LOSES weight when he's off his feet?

Never seen that before. Don't like it, get rid of him!!! :taunt:

He'll be OK because there's not a lot of chance for him to fu..fu..fu..fuua..bababa elell... fumble. :rs:

Good grief !

pbmax
12-11-2013, 08:55 AM
It was his foot. He was able to work out upper body to a certain degree before the foot was healed. His legwork would have suffered until he started to get healthy.

Pugger
12-11-2013, 09:01 AM

I doubt Tretter is ready to be anyone's backup just yet. I suspect he'll not suit up on Sunday.