PDA

View Full Version : 90-Car Pileup

Kiwon
12-10-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm been in an officially 99-car pileup (it was a lot more than that) due to fog but I guess ice and snow is even worse because you can see the trouble you are helplessly sliding into.

Watching the video you can see that there are just some drivers without two brain cells to put together who simply refuse to SLOW DOWN and reduce their speed according to conditions.

The people just walking around while the cars keep crashing aren't the brightest bulbs either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUg5VC_RvGU

Freak Out
12-10-2013, 11:54 PM
People are so fucking stupid. Poor guys who are paying attention are still fucked because the morons behind them.

Cleft Crusty
12-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Situations like these are why we have flying cars

woodbuck27
12-11-2013, 05:46 PM
A lot of people pissing their pants and driving in that video.

Hey dear? What's that up ahead?

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
I was back in 'Sconny during that storm and was flabbergasted at the sheer depths of stupidity shown by Wisco' drivers.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 07:56 AM
I was back in 'Sconny during that storm and was flabbergasted at the sheer depths of stupidity shown by Wisco' drivers.

There could 'only' be one excuse for that:

It was Sunday...Game Day !

Gotta see the Packers game dear.

Kiwon
12-16-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm been in an officially 99-car pileup (it was a lot more than that) due to fog but I guess ice and snow is even worse because you can see the trouble you are helplessly sliding into.

Watching the video you can see that there are just some drivers without two brain cells to put together who simply refuse to SLOW DOWN and reduce their speed according to conditions.

The people just walking around while the cars keep crashing aren't the brightest bulbs either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYoWhRfVZU

Upnorth
12-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Driving home today I passed a jack knifed semi on the highway and when I got to the other side there was six cars in the ditch. Don't know who started it but no one looked like they hit anyone else, just slid around on the ice. The cops were just pulling up behind me and it looked like all the drivers were idly sitting there probably posting to Facebook. Long story short no one hurt.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Mae and I looked at this video 3-4 times in amazement.

It's a wonder that drivers cannot see the impending disaster up ahead and yet drive so fast...or what seems like 60 MPH or faster.

If no one was seriously hurt or there were no fatalities even that's a wonder.

Mae and I believe that was instructional. If you ever find yourself parked in such a mess.

a) Get well clear of your car PRONTO because some idiot is bearing down on you. Be extra cautious how you get to safety.

or

b) Stay in your vehicle? That at least provides some form of shield.

Question anyone:

What is the best thing to do?

Kiwon
12-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Another view from the road.

This lady stayed in her vehicle for 2 hours. From the looks of it, some people were probably trapped in their cars because there's no way out being penned in from all sides.

(Editor's note: What the heck is this family doing wearing Cowboys gear for the interview?? They lost some viewer sympathy right there.)

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/waukesha/mukwonago-woman-stuck-in-pileup-on-4145/-/10150328/23405096/-/lq9835z/-/index.html