PDA

View Full Version : Official Cowboys Discussion Thread

pbmax
12-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m
EDS limited, BJones DNP, Lacy DNP, Lattimore DNP, Neal DNP, Perry LIM, Rodgers LIM, Wilson DNP #Packers injury report

WELL LAST WEEK'S NEARLY HEALTHY LINEUP WAS APPARENTLY A BLIP. I AM GOING TO PRETEND I DIDN'T SEE LACY'S NAME UP THERE UNTIL M3 TELLS ME STARKS IS A TRUE PRO AND EXPECTS HIM TO DO WELL. AND THEN I WILL EXPECT STARKS ON THIS REPORT NEXT WEDNESDAY

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m
Meanwhile, #Packers PR man @JTWahlers said that Myles White was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. Injury was unknown yesterday.

"WHERE DOES IT HURT MYLES?"
"NOWHERE, EXCEPT WHERE YOU HAVE A FORCEPS POKING INTO MY KNEECAP"
"NEVER HEARD OF THAT INJURY AND WE ARE UNSURE OF RECOVERY TIME. IR FOR YOU. REASON, POSSIBLE SWALLOWED SURGICAL INSTRUMENT NOW LODGED IN KNEECAP!"

STILL WANT TO SWING DEAL TO GET CHARLES JOHNSON BACK

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
McCarthy on Rodgers: "Aaron Rodgers practiced today in a limited fashion. We'll see how he is tomorrow."

C'MON M3 THIS TEASING IS UNNECESSARY, THE REPORTERS WILL SHOW UP EVERY WEEK REGARDLESS.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 37m
MM: Playing in game and medically cleared are two different issues. Until he's cleared, that's where focus will be.

WELL THAT SORTS YESTERDAY'S QUESTION OUT. FIRST DOCTOR THEN WORRY ABOUT SORENESS OR PAIN. ANYONE THINK THEY ARE PLAYING THE LONG CON HERE?

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 38m
Tretter competing for playing time, not just to get extra practice.

THEY ARE REALLY, REALLY MAD AT NEWHOUSE. NEXT WEEK: OPEN TRYOUTS.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 39m
MM: Lacy in rehab today, tomorrow. Will be evaluated and may practice Friday.

QUARTERBACKS NEED TO BE CLEARED MEDICALLY. RUNNING BACKS JUST NEED TIME, ICE AND IBUPROFEN. MAYBE CHIROPRACTOR IF THEIR CRYING ABOUT IT.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 39m
MM: Kahlil Bell is doing a helluva job. Hopeful he will be ready to play if needed. Picked things up well, done good job in short time.

SEE ABOVE

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 40m
MM: Cobb took a step, he's bouncing around. Still in rehab, hasn't been medically cleared.

DO EVERYTHING SLOT WR FALLS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN QB AND RB.

MM: Not sure about end date on Cobb's ability to return from IR

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 40m
McCarthy on Flynn: "The way Matt played last week with the benefit of a week of preparation, I think you saw he was comfortable."

McCarthy on no-huddle on road: "It differs each and every place. The last time we were in that building (for SBXLV) it was very loud."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 39m
MM on Romo: One of top guys from production standpoint, total command of offense, makes all the throws, attacks middle of the field.

IS ACTUALLY GUY PACKER FANS WANT AS BACKUP IF NOT FAVRE

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 40m
Medical staff confident with Jones and Lattimore getting healthy. Obviously thin at ILB.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 39m
McCarthy on Rodgers/pain: I didn't think he was in pain today. Didn't see it. But that's a question for him.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 38m
MM: Have to run the ball when you want to, but trying to find balance with how defenses playing against us.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38s
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers took some 11-on-11 reps with the first-team offense in practice Wednesday. TE Andrew Quarless spilled the beans.

APPARENTLY QUARLESS IS IN ON THE LET'S CONFUSE GARRETT AND KIFFIN PLOT.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
Meanwhile, #Packers WR Randall Cobb said at the end of open locker room that he has now been cleared to run. Had not been last week.

Alslo, everyone else on the Packers beat confirmed Quarless spilled the beans about Rodgers working with the #1s. However, don't get carried away because it was only for a few snaps.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
Flynn also said: "It’s one of those things that I just prepare like I’m going to be the guy until I see Aaron there." Up for interpretation.

YOU WERE THERE YOU DEMENTED, SMILING MUSIC FREAK! YOU INTERPRET IT!

Cleft Crusty
12-11-2013, 03:00 PM

Do you think so, Dell? If this were the Lombardi era, Marshmallow Outhouse would have been cut immediately following the Lions game and not allowed on the flight home.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Do you think so, Dell? If this were the Lombardi era, Marshmallow Outhouse would have been cut immediately following the Lions game and not allowed on the flight home.

Probably, though if Lombardi thought he had a future he might have survived as he did not axe the starters in the 1962 Thanksgiving Day game with the Lions the experienced PackerRats were talking about last week. However, in this case I was mostly joking. The only intersection between Tretter and Newhouse would be backup Guard, though I think Marshall has effectively ended that experiment, this year anyway.

Newhouse can't be taken off the roster though, because he is the only other Tackle around that has ever seen an NFL field besides Sherrod. So I guess Newhouse's talent + Knowledge of offense > replacement level, waiver claimed Tackle. But that is about it.

Cleft Crusty
12-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Probably, though if Lombardi thought he had a future he might have survived as he did not axe the starters in the 1962 Thanksgiving Day game with the Lions the experienced PackerRats were talking about last week. However, in this case I was mostly joking. The only intersection between Tretter and Newhouse would be backup Guard, though I think Marshall has effectively ended that experiment, this year anyway.

Newhouse can't be taken off the roster though, because he is the only other Tackle around that has ever seen an NFL field besides Sherrod. So I guess Newhouse's talent + Knowledge of offense > replacement level, waiver claimed Tackle. But that is about it.

I would put Ryan Taylor in at tackle before Outhouse

gbgary
12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
nothing to discuss...except who/where in the 2014 draft thread.

woodbuck27
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m
EDS limited, BJones DNP, Lacy DNP, Lattimore DNP, Neal DNP, Perry LIM, Rodgers LIM, Wilson DNP #Packers injury report

WELL LAST WEEK'S NEARLY HEALTHY LINEUP WAS APPARENTLY A BLIP. I AM GOING TO PRETEND I DIDN'T SEE LACY'S NAME UP THERE UNTIL M3 TELLS ME STARKS IS A TRUE PRO AND EXPECTS HIM TO DO WELL. AND THEN I WILL EXPECT STARKS ON THIS REPORT NEXT WEDNESDAY

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m
Meanwhile, #Packers PR man @JTWahlers said that Myles White was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury. Injury was unknown yesterday.

"WHERE DOES IT HURT MYLES?"
"NOWHERE, EXCEPT WHERE YOU HAVE A FORCEPS POKING INTO MY KNEECAP"
"NEVER HEARD OF THAT INJURY AND WE ARE UNSURE OF RECOVERY TIME. IR FOR YOU. REASON, POSSIBLE SWALLOWED SURGICAL INSTRUMENT NOW LODGED IN KNEECAP!"

STILL WANT TO SWING DEAL TO GET CHARLES JOHNSON BACK

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
McCarthy on Rodgers: "Aaron Rodgers practiced today in a limited fashion. We'll see how he is tomorrow."

C'MON M3 THIS TEASING IS UNNECESSARY, THE REPORTERS WILL SHOW UP EVERY WEEK REGARDLESS.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 37m
MM: Playing in game and medically cleared are two different issues. Until he's cleared, that's where focus will be.

WELL THAT SORTS YESTERDAY'S QUESTION OUT. FIRST DOCTOR THEN WORRY ABOUT SORENESS OR PAIN. ANYONE THINK THEY ARE PLAYING THE LONG CON HERE?

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 39m
MM: Lacy in rehab today, tomorrow. Will be evaluated and may practice Friday.

QUARTERBACKS NEED TO BE CLEARED MEDICALLY. RUNNING BACKS JUST NEED TIME, ICE AND IBUPROFEN. MAYBE CHIROPRACTOR IF THEIR CRYING ABOUT IT.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 39m
MM: Kahlil Bell is doing a helluva job. Hopeful he will be ready to play if needed. Picked things up well, done good job in short time.

SEE ABOVE

MM: Cobb took a step, he's bouncing around. Still in rehab, hasn't been medically cleared.

DO EVERYTHING SLOT WR FALLS SOMEWHERE BETWEEN QB AND RB.

MM: Not sure about end date on Cobb's ability to return from IR

McCarthy on Flynn: "The way Matt played last week with the benefit of a week of preparation, I think you saw he was comfortable."

McCarthy on no-huddle on road: "It differs each and every place. The last time we were in that building (for SBXLV) it was very loud."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 39m
MM on Romo: One of top guys from production standpoint, total command of offense, makes all the throws, attacks middle of the field.

IS ACTUALLY GUY PACKER FANS WANT AS BACKUP IF NOT FAVRE

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 40m
Medical staff confident with Jones and Lattimore getting healthy. Obviously thin at ILB.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 39m
McCarthy on Rodgers/pain: I didn't think he was in pain today. Didn't see it. But that's a question for him.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 38m
MM: Have to run the ball when you want to, but trying to find balance with how defenses playing against us.

Is it just me but doesn't he lack that 'Shanahan' eloquence and comfortable mood of control in a press conference.

I'm referring to the star quality Redskins HV Mike Shanahan displayed with the media answering question RE: his decision to bench RG III. That guy is in control good.

In contrast there's the indomitable Mike McCarthy:

Thanks pbmax for another 'almost cloned' MM sound bite.... in script.

MM memo to self:

a) If you get this sort of question respond 'just' this way.

b) Never smile nor demonstrate any form of emotion. That may betray a weakness. Your after all from the Steel City.

c) Try your very best to imitate 'a slug' by being dry and humorless.

d) Roll your thick wide shoulders as a form of intimidation so the reporters won't risk that hard question for you to not need to respond to.

e) Always ...always ...ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL. How ?? Tell em nothing.

woodbuck27
12-11-2013, 06:30 PM
nothing to discuss...except who/where in the 2014 draft thread.

This game Vs the Boys in DALLAS will be the Mother of Games to get a 'W'.

Can the Cowboys be had. Certainly but the Packers have to have a perfect game plan and all players fully ready and onboard to play hard for all 60 minutes. The Cowboys have the Packers across the board in any statistical analysis of who wins.

We're Nada...nada...nada..losing in the Stat's book.

They do come off a short week but it's Tony Romo at home Vs Matt Flynn and that means an Ohh Ohh.

GO PACKERS !

Bretsky
12-11-2013, 06:56 PM

We have a fruitcake the a marshmellow at LT :)

Joemailman
12-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Is it just me but doesn't he lack that 'Shanahan' eloquence and comfortable mood of control in a press conference.

I'm referring to the star quality Redskins HV Mike Shanahan displayed with the media answering question RE: his decision to bench RG III. That guy is in control good.

In contrast there's the indomitable Mike McCarthy:

Thanks pbmax for another 'almost cloned' MM sound bite.... in script.

MM memo to self:

a) If you get this sort of question respond 'just' this way.

b) Never smile nor demonstrate any form of emotion. That may betray a weakness. Your after all from the Steel City.

c) Try your very best to imitate 'a slug' by being dry and humorless.

d) Roll your thick wide shoulders as a form of intimidation so the reporters won't risk that hard question for you to not need to respond to.

e) Always ...always ...ALWAYS BE IN CONTROL. How ?? Tell em nothing.

Shanahan may be in control of his press conferences, but not so much his team. 3-10 and about to be run out of town. I'll take the slug McCarthy.

MadtownPacker
12-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Gameplan: Shoot Rodgers up with something and get his ass out there.

CaptainKickass
12-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Gameplan: Shoot Rodgers up with something and get his ass out there.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Flying_93e674_1538947.jpg

MadtownPacker
12-14-2013, 05:44 PM
If he where to fly he wouldn't have to worry about the collarbone. So make him fly or shoot him up!!

George Cumby
12-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Flynn to win.

Have the defense show they can do the job for more than a half.

Let that clavicle heal for another week or the off season, depending on whether the rest of the team wants it bad enough.

Pugger
12-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Happily Dallas' defense is almost historically terrible this season. If Flynn can manage the game and not turn the ball over, if Lacy and Starks get their yards and the D that showed up in the second half of the Falcon game appears tomorrow we just might win this game.

Freak Out
12-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I hate the fucking Cowboys.

bobblehead
12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
I hate the fucking Cowboys.

But fucking cowgirls is kinda fun, eh brokeback?

woodbuck27
12-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Shanahan may be in control of his press conferences, but not so much his team. 3-10 and about to be run out of town. I'll take the slug McCarthy.

You'll take Mike 'M' over Mike 'S' and so will Ted Thompson as long as he remains the Green Bay Packers GM.

That's a tight team... GM and HC in Green Bay.

From what I'm seeing. Mike Shanahan if he has any sense cannot wait to get out of Washington and very possibly he's informed Dan Snyder of just that fact. He 's under contract for, I understand, about $7 M$ next season. That might be an issue? Something Snyder's lawyers might be working on last week.

RE: Shanahan :

You cannot be in control of a team when that teams owner won't allow that. The title 'General Manager' normally means that you have control and responsibility over the day to day operations of the team. That 'not so much' in Washington.

Arguably again the Redskins (as it seems to get too over the last decade +) are in the worst mess of any team. There has been a common devisor there.

That doesn't have a lot to do with anything 'Family 'Father and Son' Shanahan. That has to do with too much interference again fromk ** Dan Snyder.

** http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/daniel-snyder-robert-griffin-iii-friendship-highlighted-during-redskins-turmoil/2013/12/14/3432964e-6407-11e3-aa81-e1dab1360323_story.html

It's a lot there like we see in Green Bay. Who really knows what's going on. In Green Bay it's becoming obvious that the Green Bay Packers don't. Us Packer fans certainly don't.

I'm confused because last week it was revealed on NFL.Com that Dan Snyder actually supported M.S's move to bench RGIII and start Kirk Cousins:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/daniel-snyder-did-not-raise-objection-to-benching-of-robert-griffin-iii-because-he-felt-it-was-coachs-decision-to-make-sources-say/2013/12/13/8602220e-6449-11e3-aa81-e1dab1360323_story.html

PACKERS !

The Shadow
12-14-2013, 10:37 PM
I am getting angry long before kickoff. Here's why :
I am dreading what I think is going to happen. Every opposing head coach is going to cram the box at the start of the game to stop Eddie Lacey. The Cowboys coach will be no different.
If MM stubbornly insists on sending Lacey - time after time for 1 or 2 yards - into defenses fully expecting this approach, the pack will quickly fall behind. By the time Flynn is allowed to really start throwing, the Cowboys will have adjusted back into more of a coverage mode - and turn up the pass rush heat.
I'd much prefer MM puts the game into Flynn's hands - and let him throw early, when the Cowboys will be geared up to stop Lacey.
What do we have to lose? Unless we pull off an upset, this is a wasted season.

CaptainKickass
12-14-2013, 11:05 PM
I am getting angry long before kickoff. Here's why :
I am dreading what I think is going to happen. Every opposing head coach is going to cram the box at the start of the game to stop Eddie Lacey. The Cowboys coach will be no different.
If MM stubbornly insists on sending Lacey - time after time for 1 or 2 yards - into defenses fully expecting this approach, the pack will quickly fall behind. By the time Flynn is allowed to really start throwing, the Cowboys will have adjusted back into more of a coverage mode - and turn up the pass rush heat.
I'd much prefer MM puts the game into Flynn's hands - and let him throw early, when the Cowboys will be geared up to stop Lacey.
What do we have to lose? Unless we pull off an upset, this is a wasted season.

I agree. Flynn it to win it on offense.

I'd do that by using Matt Flynn as more of a Matt Hasselbeck type of QB. Anywhere between 0-15 yards he should own. I would be running the no huddle, but doing so to waste as much clock on offense by using many long snap count cadences and motion. Showcase the discipline of the offensive line. Lean on the biggies. Quick outs, drag routs, slants, bubble screens, halfback draws, and halfback swing passes would be my base offense.

The one unorthodox wrinkle I think MM could consider is using Jordy Nelson as a tight end in what would have been Finley's position a time or 2. He's a corn fed white boy and has the speed and toughness to line up there in a 3-4 wide look and still be effective blocking if a run audible needs to be called at the line.

That being said, we all know defense wins championships. This game is all about the D. Dom fucking Capers needs to pull the game of his life out of this team in my opinion. He needs to be the attacking guru of confusion in this game.

The way for this team to win is for the entire defense to suddenly become a feared ruthless attacking monster instead of a get in your way shackles and chains governor.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Looking at the PACKERS @ COWBOYS Through the Stat's:

OFFENSE:

** Total Yards/Game

(Check) GREEN BAY 5th @ 394.5 Y/G ... Dallas 22nd @ 328.4 Y/G

**Passing Yards/Game:

(Check) GREEN BAY 9th @ 265.6 Y/G... Dallas 15th @ 234.6 Y/G

** Rushing Yards Per Game:

(check) GREEN BAY 10th 128.8 Y/G ... Dallas 24th 93.8 Y/G

But:

** Points Per Game:

DALLAS 3rd 27.5 Points/Game ... Green Bay 12th 24.3 P/G

** Passing Big Plays : Packers 3rd with 37 and Dallas 20th with 22.

** QB Sacked %: DALLAS 10th @ 6.1% and Green Bay 21st @ 7.1 %

** Passing Interceptions : DALLAS 1st with 'Only 7 Picks' and Packers 16th with 12 Picks.

** RUSHING YARDS /ATTEMPT: GREEN BAY 6th @ 4.6 Y/A ... Dallas 7th @ 4.4 Y/A

** RUSHING BIG PLAYS: GREEN BAY 9th with 42 ... Dallas 23rd with 23.

** RECEIVING YARDS PER ATTEMPT: PACKERS 5th @ 12.5 Y/A ... Dallas 28th @ 11 Y/A.

**GIVEAWAYS:Packers 15th with 20 ... DALLAS is 1st with 'only 13'

** DROPS %: PACKERS 4th @ 3% and Dallas 18th @ 4.6%

DEFENSE:

** Opponent Yards Per Game: (Check) GREEN BAY 21st @ 369.4 Yards/Game... Dallas 32nd @ 426.8 Y/G

** Opponent Pass Yds/Game:(Check)GREEN BAY 21st @ 246.8 Y/G Dallas 32nd @ 298.5 Y/G

** Opponent RUSH. Y/G: Green Bay 25th @ 122.6 Y/G ... Dallas 28th @ 128.4 Y/G.

Opponent Points Per Game: (check) Green Bay 20th @ 25.1 Points/Game ... Dallas 26th @ 26.8 P/G

** TOXIC DIFFERENTIAL: GREEN BAY @ -4 and Dallas @ -23... ..... So the nod here goes to the Packers !

** Vegas: The Dallas Cowboys are installed now at 6.5 to (7 Pt.- bodog) Favourites. The Packers are 2-4 ATS on the Road and the Cowboys 4-2 ATS @ Home.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers

Starr compares Rodgers to Hornung

Bart Starr on Aaron Rodgers and his value to the TEAM. Etc.

Hold for Sterling Sharpe and Brian Bostick and Sean O'Hare and video analysis of the Green Bay Packer of late. . . .Vs Dallas and Romo SACKS etc .

Hold for more on Aaron Rodgers and the medical decision to hold AR out for the Teams visit to Dallas....Ian Rapaport.

Lots more....

SkinBasket
12-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Interesting to see those morons in Dallas scapegoating Romo for his INTs while the defense allowed 5 straight possessions to end in TDs and the coach stopped running his RB with a 10 yard per carry average. Black people are totally racist know nothings.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Interesting to see those morons in Dallas scapegoating Romo for his INTs while the defense allowed 5 straight possessions to end in TDs and the coach stopped running his RB with a 10 yard per carry average. Black people are totally racist know nothings.

Where does the blame lie for the Dallas Cowboys allowing the Green Bay Packers to ever mount that incredible second half comeback?

A) Dallas HC Jason Garrett.

B) Dallas QB Tony Romo

C) The Dallas Defense.

Why do you make your choice?

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Its a lack of situational awareness. You need to burn clock. You can't afford a turnover. You run, you complete sure passes and if you have no choice you take the sack or take the minimal gain on a QB run up the middle.