PDA

View Full Version : OH RANDALL....RANDALL...............WHERE THE HELL IS RANDALL ???????????/

Bretsky
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM
So what's up with Randall Cobb ?

Any news ?

Wasn't this the week he could return ?

Packers seem to take Hoody like measures at times to not let us know anything

Joemailman
12-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I think he just started running this week. Maybe we see him next week.

woodbuck27
12-14-2013, 09:33 PM
So what's up with Randall Cobb ?

Any news ?

Wasn't this the week he could return ?

Packers seem to take Hoody like measures at times to not let us know anything

B. The Packer players don't even seem to know much about what's going on in many regards.

The 'only' thing they do know is that they'll be over the walls of the trenches come late Sunday afternoon.

Run straight on boys!

RUN STRAIGHT ON !

pbmax
12-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Cleared to begin running on Thursday I believe.

woodbuck27
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Cleared to begin running on Thursday I believe.

I read this but what do you have on R. Cobb pbmax?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/106487/injury-report-rodgers-cobb-lacy-updates

"... Meanwhile, receiver Randall Cobb, who has been on the injured reserve/designated to return list since Oct. 15 because of his fractured tibia, still has not returned to practice. He is eligible to return to game action this week, but that appears unlikely.

"Randall is doing more, he's doing more in his rehab," McCarthy said. "He's progressing, looks good. He's starting to bounce around. He definitely took a step." ..."

What we knew before, or in review:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285377/article/randall-cobb-unsure-hell-return-to-packers-this-season

"...Cobb is eligible to play as early as the team's Week 15 meeting with the Dallas Cowboys, but he sounded pessimistic about a mid-December return.

"That's the earliest I could come back," Cobb said. "It's not a target date. It's the earliest that I can come back depending on where I am in my rehab." .."

channtheman
12-14-2013, 10:10 PM
So next year?

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:46 AM
So next year?

No one knows, but if he has only begun to run and not cut, it would seem more likely the playoffs would be his return, not regular season. There are only two more weeks of reg season practice left.

red
12-15-2013, 11:40 AM
and we still don't know what his injury was

whats the point of the secrecy? its like the team is being run by the KGB

i don't think any team is as deceptive or secretive as the packers are. should we start calling the franchise the "cheese curtain?"

Patler
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Official statements from the team have said all along that it was a "leg injury". I couldn't care less about the details.
They also said at the time he went on IR that it was not certain that he would be ready at the earliest opportunity.

The media have worked fans into a frenzy over it, reporting "facts" that they apparently ran with without the best of confirmation. Now fans blame the team for it.

I just laugh.

red
12-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Official statements from the team have said all along that it was a "leg injury". I couldn't care less about the details.
They also said at the time he went on IR that it was not certain that he would be ready at the earliest opportunity.

The media have worked fans into a frenzy over it, reporting "facts" that they apparently ran with without the best of confirmation. Now fans blame the team for it.

I just laugh.

it would be nice to know if its a bruise, or a break, or a torn ligament if its the knee, a bone, a hip or an ankle

i don't see any benefit to all the misdirection and misleading info. what are they trying to do, surprise the bears in the last game of the season. all of a sudden everyone who has been hurt this year comes out of the tunnel in pads ready to go. fat mike looks at tressman and yells "gotcha"

Patler
12-15-2013, 01:06 PM
it would be nice to know if its a bruise, or a break, or a torn ligament if its the knee, a bone, a hip or an ankle

i don't see any benefit to all the misdirection and misleading info. what are they trying to do, surprise the bears in the last game of the season. all of a sudden everyone who has been hurt this year comes out of the tunnel in pads ready to go. fat mike looks at tressman and yells "gotcha"

When the team puts him on IR, I don't see that the details are all that important. Nor do I think that fans have any right to know the details. Interesting? Sure, but nothing to get worked up over if the details are not provided.

red
12-15-2013, 01:17 PM
When the team puts him on IR, I don't see that the details are all that important. Nor do I think that fans have any right to know the details. Interesting? Sure, but nothing to get worked up over if the details are not provided.

i guess we're gonna agree to disagree here

i think the fans that give these teams all their money do deserve to know. they are there for our enjoyment and entertainment, thats their only role in life. in a world when everyone is told every time miley cirus takes a piss, i thinkwe should be able to know why are guys who make millions off of u, aren't out there playing

as for deceiving other teams, i think this is a case of dumb people once again thinking they are smart.

do we think we've gained anything the last 4 weeks by playing this will he play or won't he play game with a-rod? whats the other team gonna do if they aren't sure? they're gonna prepare for playing an elite QB and a top ranked offense. then when saturady comes and we go "syke, a-rods not playing, its flynn or tolzien". did we gain anything? the other team is gonna go, whew, we prepared all week for a challenge, now we get to play a scrub, this should be a cake walk"

Patler
12-15-2013, 01:31 PM
i guess we're gonna agree to disagree here

i think the fans that give these teams all their money do deserve to know. they are there for our enjoyment and entertainment, thats their only role in life. in a world when everyone is told every time miley cirus takes a piss, i thinkwe should be able to know why are guys who make millions off of u, aren't out there playing

as for deceiving other teams, i think this is a case of dumb people once again thinking they are smart.

do we think we've gained anything the last 4 weeks by playing this will he play or won't he play game with a-rod? whats the other team gonna do if they aren't sure? they're gonna prepare for playing an elite QB and a top ranked offense. then when saturady comes and we go "syke, a-rods not playing, its flynn or tolzien". did we gain anything? the other team is gonna go, whew, we prepared all week for a challenge, now we get to play a scrub, this should be a cake walk"

No fan deserves to know the personal details of an athletes injury, in my opinion. Cobb's situation is absurd. He is out for the year until we hear differently. We've known from the get-go that it was serious, because they went the IR route. If it wasn't, they would have kept him on the roster.

I have never seen the Rodgers situation as a "will he, won't he" situation. MM never gave any hope that he would play. This was just fans hoping for something that wasn't there. Rodgers himself has continually said it was a serious injury that player do not come back from quickly.

As for intentionally deceiving, I don't think the team has. Medical decisions for all players come late in the week. Until then, especially with Rodgers, they really do not know his status.

Again, Rodger is out until they tell us he isn't.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 01:47 PM

As a fellow owner, I feel I should know some of the details!

red
12-15-2013, 01:52 PM
No fan deserves to know the personal details of an athletes injury, in my opinion. Cobb's situation is absurd. He is out for the year until we hear differently. We've known from the get-go that it was serious, because they went the IR route. If it wasn't, they would have kept him on the roster.

I have never seen the Rodgers situation as a "will he, won't he" situation. MM never gave any hope that he would play. This was just fans hoping for something that wasn't there. Rodgers himself has continually said it was a serious injury that player do not come back from quickly.

As for intentionally deceiving, I don't think the team has. Medical decisions for all players come late in the week. Until then, especially with Rodgers, they really do not know his status.

Again, Rodger is out until they tell us he isn't.

see cobb isn't just IR though. if he was then i could agree with you and say, "ok he's gone for the year, lets move on". but that designated to return tag changes everything imo. to me, that means he's coming back at some point. as a fan, i'd like to know when. and if we knew the injury, then we could try to figure out "when" is

and as a fan who has been know to drop a couple hundred on a ticket in the past, i would like to know whos playing that week or next week, so i know if i should buy the tickets for 150 each, or should i wait for the tickets to drop down to 30 or 40 bucks like they did last week. if i'm a seller, i lose huge if i sell a ticket for 30 bucks because no one wants to see a a-rod less packer team only to find out the next day that a-rod is playing and ticket prices just shot up to 250 because its his big comeback game

Patler
12-15-2013, 02:03 PM
see cobb isn't just IR though. if he was then i could agree with you and say, "ok he's gone for the year, lets move on". but that designated to return tag changes everything imo. to me, that means he's coming back at some point. as a fan, i'd like to know when. and if we knew the injury, then we could try to figure out "when" is

and as a fan who has been know to drop a couple hundred on a ticket in the past, i would like to know whos playing that week or next week, so i know if i should buy the tickets for 150 each, or should i wait for the tickets to drop down to 30 or 40 bucks like they did last week. if i'm a seller, i lose huge if i sell a ticket for 30 bucks because no one wants to see a a-rod less packer team only to find out the next day that a-rod is playing and ticket prices just shot up to 250 because its his big comeback game

Cobb was out a minimum of 8 weeks the minute he went on IR, but could practice after 6 weeks. It's a lot like PUP returnees. Until they start legitimately practicing. there is no sense getting excited about a return to the active roster. They can't tell you in advance when he will be reay to practice. That's what healing is all about. Time frames are indefinite.

There might be a possibility for his return, but Cobb is out indefinitely until they tell us differently.

Patler
12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
They told us when Cobb went on IR that there was no guarantee that he would return, but they hoped he might be able to. I was pessimistic from the time of the announcement.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
and we still don't know what his injury was

whats the point of the secrecy? its like the team is being run by the KGB

i don't think any team is as deceptive or secretive as the packers are. should we start calling the franchise the "cheese curtain?"

Fractured tibia, we found this out about two weeks ago though this article is more recent. It was erroneously reported at the time that it was the other bone (fibula?).

And while the Packers are not entirely forthcoming on injuries, but they are easily one of the top 5 in terms of amount of information released and its accuracy. No one disseminates more than the Patriots. The Steelers outright lie.

Generally speaking McCarthy might not tell you, but if he does it stands up.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
I am on the side that the public should be told as much as possible. In the Packers case, that stands out even more.

Now, each player can absolutely deny a request to release information, but when the team selectively edits itself which it has done with Rodgers, it hurts the players and team public standing. That can cost money, whether its Pro Bowl voting or jersey sales.

Six weeks of Rodgers maybe being able to play is a bit ridiculous.

Guiness
12-23-2013, 11:20 AM
So here we are a week later. Wow has it been quiet on the Cobb front.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 11:24 AM

It's all such a mystery.

It's all so ORGANIZATIONAL.

Teamcheez1
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm beyond the point of caring whether any of these players make it back this season, even if Rodgers makes it back, which I don't think he will. If some how we beat the Bears on Sunday, this team will implode in the playoffs.

I say lick our wounds and start thinking about 2014.

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 11:30 AM
They'll have to bring 2 guys onto the active roster to replace Jolly and Bostick. If they don't bring Cobb on, then we'll have a pretty good idea.

Guiness
12-23-2013, 11:33 AM
It's all such a mystery.

It's all so ORGANIZATIONAL.

gud one

Pugger
12-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm beyond the point of caring whether any of these players make it back this season, even if Rodgers makes it back, which I don't think he will. If some how we beat the Bears on Sunday, this team will implode in the playoffs.

I say lick our wounds and start thinking about 2014.

If we beat the Bears on Sunday and somehow win this crazy division it will be sweet IMO. It's always a treat to keep the rest of the other three teams out of the playoffs. :lol:

Pugger
12-23-2013, 12:36 PM
They'll have to bring 2 guys onto the active roster to replace Jolly and Bostick. If they don't bring Cobb on, then we'll have a pretty good idea.

I fear Clay may have injured that thumb again and he might join them on IR too. :-(

Fosco33
12-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Back on active roster! Listed as questionable - wonder if you have to make that roster move during regular season and just hoping he can help in potential playoff games?

denverYooper
12-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18 20m

All Hands On Deck!!

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Randall Cobb ‏@rcobb18 20m

All Hands On Deck!!

Solid news! :clap:

GO PACK GO !