PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:32 PM
I am really going to enjoy watching this on NFL replay. Holy Mackerel. That has to be one for the ages.

I've got it recorded.

I loved this win.

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 07:33 PM
I will be ready for a deep play off run, the shop will be stocked with plenty of beer and Jim Beam. Plus I'm splitting and stacking another two cords of wood for the wood burner. But I'm still calling for Capers to bee fired after the season. I'm not doing this all of next season, I miss my flat screen and my recliner.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 07:34 PM
If Ravens beat Lions tomorrow night, Packers control their destiny.

I kind of like John Harbaugh over Short Little Shithead in a big game.

:lol:

pbmax
that sam shields int was something else. lets talk about the blown coverage there. you had sam shields, who was beaten and running behind whitten, and you also had another cowboy running free in the same area. shields was the only guy deep. if that pass is on target or if shields dives and misses, then its a td and game over for the cowboys.

bad coverage by the packers
horrible throw by romo, and even worse audible into the throw from a run
and great individual play by sam

Don't remember Witten running free but Shields INT was the direct result of pressure on Romo. And Clay was free to hit him again.

digitaldean
so, is no one going to mention that dez pulled a randy moss and stormed off to the locker room with a minute and a half left?

guys a real piece of shit, always has been, always will be

Yeah, that guys a flat out tool....

pbmax
12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
I will be ready for a deep play off run, the shop will be stocked with plenty of beer and Jim Beam. Plus I'm splitting and stacking another two cords of wood for the wood burner. But I'm still calling for Capers to bee fired after the season. I'm not doing this all of next season, I miss my flat screen and my recliner.

Good to know you are ready to sacrifice! :lol:

We might have to chase Patler too. He posted a couple of times and usually he watches the game afterwards when he can speed through the commercials.

beveaux1
12-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Absolutely amazing comeback. I'm an LSU fan and Flynn gave us a national championship after JaMarcus Russell graduated. He was Russell's back up for a couple of years, but he orchestrated several come backs during his one starting season. I'm sorry I doubted him but I'm glad he proved me wrong. He's actually proving to be a decent 2nd string QB. The team is 2-2-1 with Flynn starting. Most teams would take that.

I was wrong.. He deserves accolades for his second half play.

red
12-15-2013, 07:36 PM
i really think we need to figure out just what the hell happened in that first half and make sure it doesn't happen again.

that was a total team suckfest

wrong gameplan?
not prepared?
not motivated?
nerves?
drugged?

pbmax
12-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Perhaps M3 IS being too cautious with Flynn.

We saw a lot of familiar short stuff with him in the first half. Its easy to mistake cause for effect here, but perhaps customizing the plan for Flynn is working against them. He was better with plays they made up on the sideline in his first Packer action this year than he was in the last two first halves.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Yup, even if we have no explanation for Jekyll and hyde packers, we have to roll with the mo, and hope they make the playoffs, then hope the packer decision makers do the right thing in the off season. I mean, what else can we as fans do?

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
i really think we need to figure out just what the hell happened in that first half and make sure it doesn't happen again.

that was a total team suckfest

wrong gameplan?
not prepared?
not motivated?
nerves?
drugged?

Dom Capers.

red
12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Don't remember Witten running free but Shields INT was the direct result of pressure on Romo. And Clay was free to hit him again.

wasn't whitten the guy that sam was covering? whoever it was, they had a couple steps on shields. then there was the guy coming from the other direction with no one covering him i don't think

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
So woodbuck, what was wrong with McCarthy? Seems like a solid idea to keep the starters in the game now. How do you think about your proposed course of action?

How would you judge the "truth" of your comment?

A) This time MM got it right... or sticking with Matt Flynn at QB.

B) The topic of 'TRUTH and my position'... at half time shouldn't be addressed by you IMO pbmax.

My position given the way the offense was playing and given the score was absolutely... appropriate.

I'm a fan and reserve the right to be wrong.

I'm a fan and reserve the right to admit it when I am wrong.

I already did that or admit it.... in this thread...check for that. If you had you maybe wouldn't have offered this challenge pbmax!?

I don't mislead nor lie.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Yup, even if we have no explanation for Jekyll and hyde packers, we have to roll with the mo, and hope they make the playoffs, then hope the packer decision makers do the right thing in the off season. I mean, what else can we as fans do?

Yawp. This may be the Teams identity. If so, it could be a wild ride.

red
12-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Perhaps M3 IS being too cautious with Flynn.

We saw a lot of familiar short stuff with him in the first half. Its easy to mistake cause for effect here, but perhaps customizing the plan for Flynn is working against them. He was better with plays they made up on the sideline in his first Packer action this year than he was in the last two first halves.

am i wrong in thinking that this happened last week too? that it looked like m3 just let flynn go in the second have after playing it safe in the first?

red
12-15-2013, 07:43 PM

thats my fear, that a performance like this saves everyones jobs this offseason

beveaux1
12-15-2013, 07:47 PM
The second half defense was definitely acceptable. 10 points and 2 picks. Reminds me of the Atlanta game, except the defense was pretty good that entire game.

KYPack
12-15-2013, 07:48 PM
oh i almost always am

You are a great poster and a funny guy.

But you need to learn how to take it like a man and not give up.

You were cryin' like a troop of girl scouts in that game thread.

Shit dude, you are a fan of the Green Bay Packers, the team and town that never gives up.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Yer fulla shit Red.

You cry too much in the game threads.

Didn't think we'd win, but I knew we wouldn't give up.

KY...The Packers definitely looked like they had given in in that first half. I felt so bad for those boys at half time.

I hoped for any change for some form of a lift.

ie Tolzien for Matt Flynn. Something to change things up. It happens a lot in Pro Sports. Many Packer fans would have expected that change before the first half was over. That team was getting sadly/badly beaten up !

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013121512/2013/REG15/packers@cowboys#menu=drivechart&tab=recap

" ... Matt Flynn threw four touchdown passes in the second half, Eddie Lacy had the winning score on a 1-yard plunge and the Green Bay Packers matched the biggest comeback in franchise history, rallying from 23 points down at halftime to beat the Dallas Cowboys 37-36 Sunday. ... "

As a matter of fact in NHL hockey that is a normal course of acting sensible. That move is made to save the pain... say a goalie is obviously in.

Maybe because I'm Canadian I hope for such a change as I do see it in hockey. To not make such a change can lead to all sortsd of problems for the ie goalie and HC and the team.

I know this is football and so different in terms of a lot. There is never enough time to learn. :!:

beveaux1
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
I like our chances next week no matter if it's Flynn or Rodgers.

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
wasn't whitten the guy that sam was covering? whoever it was, they had a couple steps on shields. then there was the guy coming from the other direction with no one covering him i don't think

Sam was covering Miles Austin. It was a bad throw, but the Matthews pressure contributed to that. The other guy you see coming from the other side wasn't really open until after the ball was thrown. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/QB-Tony-Romos-pass-intercepted-by-CB-Sam-Shields/714aa7b1-f88d-4333-9ced-d34c8778189a

Iron Mike
12-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Man, Packers might just pull this one off.

Prescient.

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Does it seem to anyone else that some of the crappy 1st half play was from playing not to lose. I think when they get behind by a lot and get an all or nothing attitude is when Flynn and possibly this whole team is at it's best. Is this coaching/play calling, player attitude, a combo of both? I've criticized this team before of not playing with urgency, even when Rodgers is playing I notice this sometimes. IMO, it's one of MM biggest downfalls, he never seems fired up. I don't want a Jim Harbaugh type, but a coach with a little fire would be nice. I think the players feed off MM fire or lack there of.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013121512/2013/REG15/packers@cowboys#menu=drivechart&tab=recap

Romo, Cowboys implode in loss to Packers

red
12-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Sam was covering Miles Austin. It was a bad throw, but the Matthews pressure contributed to that. The other guy you see coming from the other side wasn't really open until after the ball was thrown. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/QB-Tony-Romos-pass-intercepted-by-CB-Sam-Shields/714aa7b1-f88d-4333-9ced-d34c8778189a

good vid

yeah that #83 was never in the equation until after the ball was thrown

that was just a horrible throw by romo. after the whiff by clay he had all dy to set up and make a good throw. he rushed it and paid the price

digitaldean
12-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Maybe this should have been an omen.....

From NBC station in Dallas via Twitter
This makes my day: Packers bus driver runs over police motorcycle at game. Cop not on it. Seriously??? Jeez Packers.. http://pic.twitter.com/ejJmhgxkgH
— Amanda Guerra (@AmandaNBC5) December 15, 2013

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Great play by Matthews to whiff and give Romo a chance to throw the interception.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Does it seem to anyone else that some of the crappy 1st half play was from playing not to lose. I think when they get behind by a lot and get an all or nothing attitude is when Flynn and possibly this whole team is at it's best. Is this coaching/play calling, player attitude, a combo of both? I've criticized this team before of not playing with urgency, even when Rodgers is playing I notice this sometimes. IMO, it's one of MM biggest downfalls, he never seems fired up. I don't want a Jim Harbaugh type, but a coach with a little fire would be nice. I think the players feed off MM fire or lack there of.

Solid point that should be discussed.

Hey...don't allow the die hard (ers) to get to you Packer fan. The Packer fans that believe their somehow 'a step up', on you.

Your as good as any of them.

Every community has it's ... ( fill in the blank as you may choose). :wink:

red
12-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Maybe this should have been an omen.....

From NBC station in Dallas via Twitter
This makes my day: Packers bus driver runs over police motorcycle at game. Cop not on it. Seriously??? Jeez Packers.. http://pic.twitter.com/ejJmhgxkgH
— Amanda Guerra (@AmandaNBC5) December 15, 2013

hell yeah, fuck texas

Badgerinmaine
12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
I am really going to enjoy watching this on NFL replay. Holy Mackerel. That has to be one for the ages.
Same here, though I might just turn it on after the halftime :mrgreen:
I still don't believe what happened.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 08:10 PM
I like our chances next week no matter if it's Flynn or Rodgers.

I've got a hunch that Aaron Rodgers is more that ever going to demand the ball.

It's hard to hold back a wild stallion.

red
12-15-2013, 08:13 PM
well the steelers special teams is ripping the bengals a new one right now. so whoever our qb is, they better bring their a-game. preferably for the whole game

but i have a gut feeling that a-rod will be playing next week

Iron Mike
12-15-2013, 08:18 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1465103_10152053241754014_63412995_n.jpg

HOW 'BOUT THEM BHOYS!!!!!!!!!

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 08:24 PM
Nice, Mike!

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 08:24 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1465103_10152053241754014_63412995_n.jpg

HOW 'BOUT THEM BHOYS!!!!!!!!!

Where did you ever find that...very funny. ;-)

red
12-15-2013, 08:28 PM
i want one where he's crying and foaming at the mouth screaming "why god, why me?"

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 08:34 PM
i want one where he's crying and foaming at the mouth screaming "why god, why me?"

And God replies: "because I'm a Packers fan, dumb-ass."

Packers4Glory
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
One of the greatest comebacks in Packer history.

The Packers never give up.

When we are down, we don't ever ever ever quit. except for when they do....Detroit.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 08:37 PM

B) The topic of 'TRUTH and my position'... at half time shouldn't be addressed by you IMO pbmax.

My position given the way the offense was playing and given the score was absolutely... appropriate.

I already did that or admit it.... in this thread...check for that. If you had you maybe wouldn't have offered this challenge pbmax!?

I don't mislead nor lie.

Given how the Packers looked in the first half, any logical person would be pissed and upset. I'm right there with ya Woody!

red
12-15-2013, 08:56 PM
"This is one of the hardest losses that I've experienced," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said. "That's a shame that we've lost that ballgame."

that makes my day and puts a huge smile on my face

gbgary
12-15-2013, 09:08 PM
don't forget about the crosby 57 ydr.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 09:12 PM
don't forget about the crosby 57 ydr.

Makes it even after Flynn screwed up by taking a sack. Crosby is looking great his year, the one bright spot in the first half.

bobblehead
12-15-2013, 09:17 PM
well the steelers special teams is ripping the bengals a new one right now. so whoever our qb is, they better bring their a-game. preferably for the whole game

but i have a gut feeling that a-rod will be playing next week

Doctor Red has been dead on re: the Rodgers injury....hope you nail this one.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:24 PM

He was wide on a WR, I think Bryant. Bryant got him to lunge wide and cut back inside. Shields was then trailing and Romo's throw with no mustard and slightly behind was easy pickings.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:35 PM

I don't mislead nor lie.

Then you have my apologies if you did that in the thread and I missed it. I suspect Dan missed it too, but I cannot speak for him. We are good.

Guiness
12-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Sam was covering Miles Austin. It was a bad throw, but the Matthews pressure contributed to that. The other guy you see coming from the other side wasn't really open until after the ball was thrown.

Way to go delivering the link mailman!

When I saw Romo slip out of Mathews grasp and wind up to throw I thought he was throwing it away. Bad throw, Austin came to almost a complete stop, which allowed Shields to sneak in front of him.

CaptainKickass
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
that makes my day and puts a huge smile on my face

I want a video clip of this.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:42 PM

I don't know if its not trying to lose because several of those plays are common to this year and were being run with Rodgers. Like they are his pet plays for the pass game and for Lacy in the run game.

But whatever purpose they served or whatever advantage they gave has dissipated as they have become less and less successful. That outside pitch to Lacy hasn't worked in months.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Given how the Packers looked in the first half, any logical person would be pissed and upset. I'm right there with ya Woody!

I wasn't pissed as much as hurting for my Packers channtheman. I felt so bad for how they were being beaten in that miserable first half. I didn't bet on the Packers today but I certainly expected more than I witnessed in that half. I 'll be very surprized if I ever expressed anger in that half.

So you get called out and you defend a position honestly.

It doesn't matter what some member needs to do to deal with whatever his ego demands. The bottom line ...we got to hang in for one of the great comebacks in the NFL ALL TIME.... and a comeback that hasn't been repeated for the Green Bay Packers in some 31 years. We might have posters at Packerrats that aren't even that old channtheman.

I know I've seldom enjoyed a such an awesome comeback and I've seen many good ones as a Packer fan.

That was good for all of us today.

Long live Packer fans.

King Friday
12-15-2013, 10:01 PM
I've always been partial to this picture of Jerruh.

http://readandreact.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/JerryJonesCrying.jpg

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Then you have my apologies if you did that in the thread and I missed it. I suspect Dan missed it too, but I cannot speak for him. We are good.

ThunderDan misses a lot.... and we all do if we ever have a damaging agenda...attending to motives with a shield of brashness.

I try to report what I see and feel based on fact and some consistency. I try to defend any position I have from some real position of strength. I sometimes fail there. ;-)

Anyone that takes an overall positive and tries to muck that up by attacking anyone on a particular part of the whole process; needs to first realize the whole picture.

Rather choose to serve up some grace where that's deserved.

pbmax... We're often good because our intelligence usually serves us. Because we think before acting.

Don't you hate to be wrong?

I certainly do....so lean to making an error on the side of caution. Brashness is weak armour.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 10:12 PM
Calling people out in the Game Day thread isn't damaging. At worst, it might be considered easy pickings.

Posters were calling for starters to sit and the HC, DC and GM to be fired and calling players out for quitting before halftime. That is an overreaction (see KY's post about whether the Packers would quit) and its fair game to be called out in my opinion. There might have been honesty on display but not much thoughtfulness at the end of the first half.

Its all part of the fun but its also pretty distracting to read about giving up.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Calling people out in the Game Day thread isn't damaging. At worst, it might be considered easy pickings.

Posters were calling for starters to sit and the HC, DC and GM to be fired and calling players out for quitting before halftime. That is an overreaction (see KY's post about whether the Packers would quit) and its fair game to be called out in my opinion. There might have been honesty on display but not much thoughtfulness at the end of the first half.

Its all part of the fun but its also pretty distracting to read about giving up.

Have you ever for a moment imagined I'm any sort that gives up?

I never give up on the Green Bay Packers even when things look very dark/bad to me. As a Packer fan it's my duty to want the best for my team. I don't expect every Packer fan to see my position even as noble as I believe it may be.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 12:33 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--another-defining-tony-romo-moment-dooms-cowboys-in-collapse-to-packers-023936425.html

Another defining Tony Romo moment dooms Cowboys in collapse to Packers

3 hours ago...BY: Eric Adelson ... Yahoo Expert

Little Whiskey
12-16-2013, 07:42 AM
I enjoy reading the whole game thread after a game like this. To find the point where hopelessness turns into hope. Now to find a cowboy forum where hope turned into hopelessness!! Just to balance out the universe.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I enjoy reading the whole game thread after a game like this. To find the point where hopelessness turns into hope. Now to find a cowboy forum where hope turned into hopelessness!! Just to balance out the universe.

I just read the whole thread and made some note of things...that went on...reactions/inter-reactions.

It's interesting to do that from any prospective view....insightful.

pittstang5
12-16-2013, 08:37 AM
So I watched the first half of the 1st quarter at my in-laws. I was frustrated as hell - same shit, just against a different team. Posted once on here and didn't watch the rest of the game. Last week was similiar, was at the inlaws for the 1st half (but didn't see any of the game), got home to find that the Packers pulled it out. Two weeks in a row I have been to my inlaws and have come home to find that the Packers have won. Guess where I'm at next week and not by choice. One problem - I don't think I can make it to my inlaws for the Bears game.

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 08:42 AM
So I watched the first half of the 1st quarter at my in-laws. I was frustrated as hell - same shit, just against a different team. Posted once on here and didn't watch the rest of the game. Last week was similiar, was at the inlaws for the 1st half (but didn't see any of the game), got home to find that the Packers pulled it out. Two weeks in a row I have been to my inlaws and have come home to find that the Packers have won. Guess where I'm at next week and not by choice. One problem - I don't think I can make it to my inlaws for the Bears game.

Don't worry. That will be a revenge game for Rodgers's injury. He's going to roll the scoreboard on them.

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64720966/

Tanier gets at something we've talked about here at PR:

Back to the Packers for a moment. If they had signed Matt Flynn the moment the Raiders released him on Oct. 7, they would be closing in on a division title right now. Given the start in the Vikings tie (plus a few more weeks to get re-acclimated to Mike McCarthy's system), Flynn would probably have won that game. Pencil in one more win among the Bears, Eagles or Giants games (the last two were closer than their scores but got out of hand because Scott Tolzien had no chance of engineering comebacks), and the Packers would be 9-5, perhaps with the Bears a game lower in the standings.
No one is drinking any Matt Flynn Jell-O shots, just as we knew better than to shotgun cans of McCownbrau. All the Packers needed was baseline backup competency in the month between Rodgers' injury and Flynn's readjustment to his role. They did not get that, even though they knew in training camp that the backup situation was a problem. They dragged their feet and let Flynn go to Buffalo for a few weeks. It may have cost them the playoffs.

Rutnstrut
12-16-2013, 08:55 AM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64720966/

Tanier gets at something we've talked about here at PR:

I agree with that, but at this point there is nothing to gain by anyone continually pointing out that TT/ MM screwed the pooch on the back up QB position. I would bet in the future it's one position they will never leave to chance again.

ThunderDan
12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
I agree with that, but at this point there is nothing to gain by anyone continually pointing out that TT/ MM screwed the pooch on the back up QB position. I would bet in the future it's one position they will never leave to chance again.

This is an opinion that I can agree with.

There is nothing the Pack can do at this point to go back to Oct. I am sure that TT and MM review every decision for the whole year and use that information to go forward.

MM and TT have both stated before that they grade everyone and everything after each game and at the end of the year. Changes will be made.

I honestly think that Slocum and Capers are going to have tough end-of-year meetings.

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Have you ever for a moment imagined I'm any sort that gives up?

I never give up on the Green Bay Packers even when things look very dark/bad to me. As a Packer fan it's my duty to want the best for my team. I don't expect every Packer fan to see my position even as noble as I believe it may be.

I don't expect you to give up, but this comment was not specifically about any posters giving up.

Its tiresome to read about how players and coaches have quit though, over and over. And that was part of what Dan was calling out.

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:40 AM

Try hanging out in your workroom with Carhartt's on for the Bears. Worked for rutnstrut yesterday. He came back inside to get a drink and post a message and the Cowboys scored their only 2nd half TD. He immediately retreated and the D picked right up.

Usually we figure out this stuff earlier in the season. We haven't even gotten to Bretskys whammy yet.

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 09:43 AM
http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram.com/8ee6de9c665a11e3a96d12de093cf006_8.jpg

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't expect you to give up, but this comment was not specifically about any posters giving up.

Its tiresome to read about how players and coaches have quit though, over and over. And that was part of what Dan was calling out.

I didn't deserve his obsession to attack....or be called out. I deserved to celebrate a great Packer victory. All enthusiasm respected in regards to my support for the Packers team in this thread.

I went over the whole thread and I'm sure I can back that up.

It's not easy to have a prejudice. When anyone gets there he/she often tends to get things wrong in terms of context.

I have this thread to back my position up. My position cannot be challenged. The proof of that is in some fair open minded reading.

My conduct in this game day thread was abundantly supportive and consistently all hopeful and Packers. Frankly and as I've often been forced to deal with. ThunderDan was 'out to lunch' in his pompous way.

ThunderDan may be at a disadvantage. May come from a background of assuming superiority.

I'm an Irishman (in terms of my familial culture) and that simply never washes. He'll never get away with pissing in my bin of potatoes. :-D

Fritz
12-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I didn't deserve his obsession to attack....or be called out. I deserved to celebrate a great Packer victory. All enthusiasm respected in regards to my support for the Packers team in this thread.

I went over the whole thread and I'm sure I can back that up.

It's not easy to have a prejudice. When anyone gets there he/she often tends to get things wrong in terms of context.

I have this thread to back my position up. My position cannot be challenged. The proof of that is in some fair open minded reading.

My conduct in this game day thread was abundantly supportive and consistently all hopeful and Packers. Frankly and as I've often been forced to deal with. ThunderDan was 'out to lunch' in his pompous way.

ThunderDan may be at a disadvantage. May come from a background of assuming superiority.

I'm an Irishman (in terms of my familial culture) and that simply never washes. He'll never get away with pissing in my bin of potatoes. :-D

To me, game time posts are freebies. Heat of the moment and all that. He'll I believe I've called for them to cut Rodgers during a game!

red
12-16-2013, 09:47 PM
To me, game time posts are freebies. Heat of the moment and all that. He'll I believe I've called for them to cut Rodgers during a game!

thats understandable

he did throw that one interception that one time a few years ago. and he has a real problem with getting the ball out within 1.5 seconds

channtheman
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I rewatched the game with my dad today and still didn't think we'd win.

George Cumby
12-16-2013, 10:22 PM
I rewatched the game with my dad today and still didn't think we'd win.

:-P

IiRC you said on the first page of this thread that you thought we'd win. Nice call!

digitaldean
12-16-2013, 10:22 PM
thats understandable

he did throw that one interception that one time a few years ago. and he has a real problem with getting the ball out within 1.5 seconds

Flynn better get the ball out quicker this week. I guarantee that LeBeau and the Steelers are going to stunt, blitz and give multiple looks to confuse Flynn. They may be long in the tooth, but they sure kicked some tail in a nearly empty stadium vs. Cincy Sun. night.

channtheman
12-16-2013, 11:10 PM
:-P

IiRC you said on the first page of this thread that you thought we'd win. Nice call!

I did, but I assure you, at halftime I had given up that feeling! I called it last week that Joemailman would lead us to the Super Bowl with his game day threads. I was right about the Lions and Bears tanking the season to give us this opportunity. Lets hope I'm right about this! If I am, I'll call for Capers and Slocum to be fired in the off season too. :D

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Heck Fritz he can FIRE away but I'm going to handle him. Yet...why does it have to be such nonsense? I 'm guessing it's just the way it is.

I propose a different way:

We're all Packer fans here and the one place we should be tight in terms of that...... is in a game day thread.

NO..ThunderDan wants to declare he cheers louder/ better.

He neglects the fact we're simply Packer ....FANS !!!

Iron Mike
12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1509100_462431813856832_453760644_n.jpg

channtheman
12-17-2013, 10:46 AM
"America's team" doesn't even wear a home jersey.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/12/16/5215736/packers-news-cheese-curds-cowboys-comeback-matt-Flynn

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for December 16, 2013

By: Evan "Tex" Western @TexWestern on Dec 16 2013, 8:30 AM

After the euphoria has begun to fade a bit from ( Edit: Sunday's huge comeback win over the Cowboys) , let's take another look back to see how it all happened.

GO PACKERS !

ThunderDan
12-17-2013, 01:58 PM

Ain't that the truth. I am sick of it.

I'm OK with Red because that's his MO. He even bitched about not being able to bitch at how the Packers were playing in a thread once.

But every play that goes wrong and every great play by the other team someone is calling for someone to be benched or fired. It's a game. Both teams get paid to play and win.

Maybe it has to do with the sucky record and scratching to make the playoffs that has everybody more on edge?

KYPack
12-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Ain't that the truth. I am sick of it.

I'm OK with Red because that's his MO. He even bitched about not being able to bitch at how the Packers were playing in a thread once.

But every play that goes wrong and every great play by the other team someone is calling for someone to be benched or fired. It's a game. Both teams get paid to play and win.

Maybe it has to do with the sucky record and scratching to make the playoffs that has everybody more on edge?

This is all true.

You can't get mad at Red bc that is Red.

I yelled at him in the game thread, but that's because it's Red and you know he can take it.

Some of the other weasels do piss me off, tho. I've been tempted to do what Whiskey says and page back thru this thread. If you do, you'll find the biggest pack of quitters this side of a platoon in the French Army.

red
12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
awwww

i feel the love

homos

gbgary
12-17-2013, 04:20 PM
awwww

i feel the love

homos

lol

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 09:42 PM
This is all true.

I yelled at him in the game thread, but that's because it's Red and you know he can take it.

Some of the other weasels do piss me off, tho. I've been tempted to do what Whiskey says and page back thru this thread. If you do, you'll find the biggest pack of quitters this side of a platoon in the French Army.

I've got a lot of it KY.

It's a heavy book. It's an interesting read.

Big day tomorrow...Wednesday. I hope for great news.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-18-2013, 09:12 AM
This is all true.

I knew I should have used a Maginot Line reference when I popped back in after dinner and the comeback was underway.

The one thing I think you can definitely take away from this game is that McCarthy is a stubborn guy for good and for bad. He does not abandon his plans in the first half because of 3 or 4 bad drives. Sometimes you think his fuel line has frozen.

In this game, it served him well as the plan he stuck with eventually sorted itself out. Bach (gearing up to win the Bruce Wilkerson Thanks For Saving Out Ass Award) said they blew an off tackle run in the first half with the full house backfield and he knew if they ran it again, it would break the way the Cowboys were playing their DEs.

Sure enough, that was the play Lacy took for 60 to open the 2nd half.

In the Seahawks game last year, he did change the plan entirely and the offense was much better. You could argue that an earlier change wins that game. But panic at Dallas might lose it. I think he is just about the right amount of stubborn, even if he gets it wrong occasionally.

red
12-18-2013, 10:38 AM
I knew I should have used a Maginot Line reference when I popped back in after dinner and the comeback was underway.

hey, the maginot line would have been a great idea if it wasn't for the germans using the exact same wheel route to go around the french defenses that they used in WWI

who would have know that the nazis would dust off the schlieffen plan a second time?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-18-2013, 10:53 AM
This is all true.

Anybody can complain about whatever they like, just like they can cheer when there are things to cheer about. This is a fan site, and we are all packer fans or we would not be here. Cheering at times and complaining at times does not change that. I expect the cheering and complaining to continue, and folks trying to change other posters opinions or way of expressing themselves are just pissing in the wind.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Anybody can complain about whatever they like, just like they can cheer when there are things to cheer about. This is a fan site, and we are all packer fans or we would not be here. Cheering at times and complaining at times does not change that. I expect the cheering and complaining to continue, and folks trying to change other posters opinions or way of expressing themselves are just pissing in the wind.

I agree that all points should be allowed, especially in the Game Day thread. And no one should be booted or sanctioned for the high emotions and hypocrisy in there. But its also fair game to get called out for jumping off the ship prematurely. It should stay in that thread, but its fair game.

You have to have a sense of humor about the unrestrained panic and frustration in there.

ThunderDan
12-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Just be a man when someone calls you out on it after the game. That is all I ask.

channtheman
12-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Eh, I would argue it's a pretty pussy ass thing to do to sit on the wayside and after one of the most improbable comebacks in Packer history to say "I told you so."

ThunderDan
12-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Eh, I would argue it's a pretty pussy ass thing to do to sit on the wayside and after one of the most improbable comebacks in Packer history to say "I told you so."

I would guess that I have the most posts in this thread!

mission
12-18-2013, 05:10 PM
You guys don't even want me in game threads. I rant and rave with whatever direction of the wind on twitter and am probably a real shitty follow. Red's an ass, but that's why I like him (I like people like me)... :)

mission
12-18-2013, 05:11 PM

... and participating in an "internet discussion forum"!