PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. Cowboys Game Day Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Looking at the schedule, this game always looked like a shootout. Can a Packer offense minus Rodgers, Cobb and Finley win a shootout? Not sure they can, but it's either Win With Flynn, or start talking draft.

red
12-15-2013, 09:04 AM
well, they do have the worst ranked defense in the nfl, we should be able to move the ball, we just need to get the damn thing in the endzone when we're in the redzone

game's winnable with flynn, just depends on what defense decides to show up today for us

sooner6600
12-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Get to see the Pack on TV.
It is the fox feed fron OKC.

Anything to watch out for?
Don't want to see another pillow fight with the other side having the refs and bricks in thier pillowcases.

Maybe Flynn should have a few brandy Shots before the game. He will need 'em.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:38 AM
To watch:

1. Packers air attack. Lacy is banged up but playing. Flynn does not have a monster arm. Dallas will stuff the box and Flynn, even if he cannot bomb them out of 8 in a box, has to pass effectively as he did in the Falcons game (esp. second half).

2. Packers new guys on defense. Hyde (nickel), Richardson (anyone but Doc Jennings) and Bush (old new guy at dime) are going to see the field if their performance last week versus a good Atlanta offense is any indication.

3. Dallas run game. They have run effectively, but very infrequently despite the fact that an old OL coach is their OC play caller (Bill Callahan). Its not clear if running success is primarily because the Cowboys face nickel a lot or if they run in obvious passing downs and are fooling people. Whatever the answer, every Cowboys fans I know cannot believe they don't run more. Let's hope they either don't learn the lesson, or discover the run game is a situational mirage.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 09:48 AM
My lizard brain tells me the Packers win today. Time to test the lizard.

Guiness
12-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Hyde and Richardson are the two guys I'm going to be watching on D. On offense, I hope to see a little more of Starks to spell Lacy, and will be keeping my eyes open for a Sherrod sighting. I wonder if Newhouse will be a healthy scratch again this week?

Richardson saw a lot of snaps last week - 38 on defense, 16 on ST. MD got 21 and 13, so it looks like Richardson is in the lead for that job. Sherrod got 4 ST snaps.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I felt good about last week, not so much this week. I believe it could get ugly, hope I'm wrong.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 10:11 AM
The only bothersome thing about this game is being on the road. Well, OK, plus Romo, Witten and Bryant.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Greg Punzo's twitter account and http://feed2all.eu are most likely committing some kind of crime by posting these links.

Pugger
12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
If Dallas keeps playing D like they have this season it could get ugly - for them. ;-)

Flynn has to manage the game and not turn it over, Lacy has to get his yards, Clay and Perry have to get after Romo and Shields has to keep Bryant in check. We do this and we could eke out a win today.

mission
12-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I don't feel good about this at all...

channtheman
12-15-2013, 10:26 AM
For some reason I feel really good about this game. No real reason, just think we will win.

Infamous
12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
To watch:

1. Packers air attack. Lacy is banged up but playing. Flynn does not have a monster arm. Dallas will stuff the box and Flynn, even if he cannot bomb them out of 8 in a box, has to pass effectively as he did in the Falcons game (esp. second half).

2. Packers new guys on defense. Hyde (nickel), Richardson (anyone but Doc Jennings) and Bush (old new guy at dime) are going to see the field if their performance last week versus a good Atlanta offense is any indication.

3. Dallas run game. They have run effectively, but very infrequently despite the fact that an old OL coach is their OC play caller (Bill Callahan). Its not clear if running success is primarily because the Cowboys face nickel a lot or if they run in obvious passing downs and are fooling people. Whatever the answer, every Cowboys fans I know cannot believe they don't run more. Let's hope they either don't learn the lesson, or discover the run game is a situational mirage.

who should I use for my fantasy playoff game? Flynn, cutler at browns, or Campbell w josh Gordon????

Pack D or saints' D???

Thanks!

KYPack
12-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Hyde and Richardson are the two guys I'm going to be watching on D. On offense, I hope to see a little more of Starks to spell Lacy, and will be keeping my eyes open for a Sherrod sighting. I wonder if Newhouse will be a healthy scratch again this week?

Richardson saw a lot of snaps last week - 38 on defense, 16 on ST. MD got 21 and 13, so it looks like Richardson is in the lead for that job. Sherrod got 4 ST snaps.
Sean was our 2nd safety in the Falcon game after the "Doc" blew that open field tackle. Richardson is essentially a box safety that they want to help vs the run. He's got speed, but he freaks out in cover. If they can calm him down, he can be an effective player.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 12:02 PM
To watch:

1. Packers air attack Vs Dallas:

In my analysis it's pretty much right here or at QB:

I'm concerned about Eddie Lacy. Will his ankle hold up? Will any hesitation and that lead to another more serious injury and knock him out of the game?

QB:

Matt Flynn... A decent backup in Matt Flynn, on the road in a pressure packed game; with it all riding on your back. He just led his team a week ago, to a come from behind second half must win. He came off the bench earlier in the schedule to get his team a tie in OT. He's getting more Rep's and confidence with his team's offense.

Vs

Tony Romo ...A franchise QB at home with enormous pressure on your back as your counted on or expected to win. A QB who's just come off an embarrassing loss on the road. He's faced intense pressure so often in December. He's survived all of that.

He knows that his team is losing pretty much across the board in terms of Offensive stat's except the one that really counts...POINTS/Game +3 Pts. VEGAS Has your team favored by 6.5 Points.

He knows that both sides running game is about equal. He can expect a pass rush. His RB is Demarco Murray playing well now that he's 100% healthy. Who just ran for > 150 Yards on a losing cause vs the Chicago Bears. It doesn't matter now to him that the season's rushing stat's shows it as Packers 10th ( 128 Y/G) and Cowboys ( 94 Y/G). His #1 RB is now sound and his opponents RB (Eddie Lay) was hobbled with an ankle injury last week and missed a lot of practise to rest that ankle.

He knows that his team is at the top rank or 1st in terms of giveaways (13) and your opponent is 15th (20). Your ranked first in interceptions (7) and your opponent is 16th (12).

Your teams defense across the board or in terms of total yards, passing and rushing yards and points allowed is at or near worst in the NFL. That adds added pressure to you. You must win the battle of the clock. Lead your team in long possessions and score.

Your stat's are a solid >3000 yards passing with 27 TD's and 'only' 7 picks.

Your in the friendly confines of home.

I must lean to the Dallas Cowboys as the best bet to win this match up. I so much hope I'm wrong !!

As this fella said:

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/bugs-bunny-and-carrot.jpg

That's ALL FOLKS !

GO PACK...GO PACK GO !

red
12-15-2013, 12:08 PM
i have no clue why there is any concern at all about lacy, or why there was any doubt of him playing today

he played the whole second half last week after hurting the ankle, after a week he would feel better, not worse then he did in the second half last week

again, i think this was all just the team blowing more smoke up everyones asses about an injury

digitaldean
12-15-2013, 12:09 PM
For some reason I feel really good about this game. No real reason, just think we will win.

I wish I could have the same confidence as you. Though I'm tired of all the naysayers, I have a bad gut feeling about the D and the O having to perform. Dallas got so thoroughly beaten down, I can't see them playing that badly at least for this week.

Romo has played OK. Only hope is that if Sean Lee is out and we can keep Ware from killing Flynn we've got a shot. Stubby has to avoid calling offense like he did vs. the Giants and run Lacy into the 8-9 men in the box all the time.

We've got a shot, but it's less than 50-50 IMO with our schizoid defense. Capers has to call the game of the year today to cause turnovers.

Flynn, if kept within the short to medium passing game, will have his best chances. Use the pass to set up the run, not the other way around.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 12:15 PM
I wish I could have the same confidence as you. Though I'm tired of all the naysayers, I have a bad gut feeling about the D and the O having to perform. Dallas got so thoroughly beaten down, I can't see them playing that badly at least for this week.

Romo has played OK. Only hope is that if Sean Lee is out and we can keep Ware from killing Flynn we've got a shot. Stubby has to avoid calling offense like he did vs. the Giants and run Lacy into the 8-9 men in the box all the time.

We've got a shot, but it's less than 50-50 IMO with our schizoid defense. Capers has to call the game of the year today to cause turnovers.

Flynn, if kept within the short to medium passing game, will have his best chances. Use the pass to set up the run, not the other way around.

I had us winning last week and if it wasn't for seven Falcon drops and that one especially near the end of the game; I would have been wrong.

Any team on any given Sunday gives every Packer fan some added hop. We do dominate them generally in terms of Stat comparison but today I simply believe that home field advantage may be just to much to overcome.

MM and Matt Flynn both need to have an outstanding day. Our 'D' must look alive...fired up all game.

GO PACK GO !

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Hmm watch the Packer game and drink a couple brews, or go ice fishing for Sander vitreus with a high of 2 and 15 to 20 mph winds. What time does game start.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Hmm watch the Packer game and drink a couple brews, or go ice fishing for Sander vitreus with a high of 2 and 15 to 20 mph winds. What time does game start.

Can't you do both? : )

red
12-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Can't you do both? : )

they must not be very advanced wherever he is

here in the UP, its not uncommon to see a deer blind or ice shack with a direct Tv dish on the side of it and a generator going full blast outside this time of year

Guiness
12-15-2013, 01:28 PM
i have no clue why there is any concern at all about lacy, or why there was any doubt of him playing today

he played the whole second half last week after hurting the ankle, after a week he would feel better, not worse then he did in the second half last week

again, i think this was all just the team blowing more smoke up everyones asses about an injury

They taped up his ankle to beat the band which got him through the game last week. When the tape and his shoe came off it probably swelled up pretty good. As long as it went back down in a day or so he should be fine.

red
12-15-2013, 01:30 PM
They taped up his ankle to beat the band which got him through the game last week. When the tape and his shoe came off it probably swelled up pretty good. As long as it went back down in a day or so he should be fine.

cut him

thats what rocky would do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Zx0JJjM_0

CaptainKickass
12-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Obligatory game day post.

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Here are the Packers' inactives:

QB Aaron Rodgers
LB Nate Palmer
OG Lane Taylor
OG/C JC Tretter
TE Jake Stoneburner
DE C.J. Wilson
DE Jerel Worthy

Hope EDS can stay in there all game.

red
12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Here are the Packers' inactives:

QB Aaron Rodgers
LB Nate Palmer
OG Lane Taylor
OG/C JC Tretter
TE Jake Stoneburner
DE C.J. Wilson
DE Jerel Worthy

Hope EDS can stay in there all game.

so, its almost been two seasons now. worthy is a complete bust right?

or do we have to give him another year before we can call him that?

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
so, its almost been two seasons now. worthy is a complete bust right?

or do we have to give him another year before we can call him that?

Another year. This is pretty much a lost season for him. Just not sure where he fits though. Daniels seems to have that nickel inside pass rusher spot.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Sean was our 2nd safety in the Falcon game after the "Doc" blew that open field tackle. Richardson is essentially a box safety that they want to help vs the run. He's got speed, but he freaks out in cover. If they can calm him down, he can be an effective player.

Its all square pegs and round holes in the Packer defense isn't it?

Would love more run D, cannot stomach more bad pass coverage. Versus Cowboys, might have to be Doc.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:12 PM

There were taking the play acting seriously. He was in a walking boot all week until Friday.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Newhouse is backup Guard unless Barclay is playing it to Barclay moves to Center and Sherrod/Newhouse go to tackle.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Pbmax, do you have coaching and/or pro ball experience? You seem the most technically savy of all the rats.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Goddamn weather, 14" of ice on 12/15??? Is this end of the world shit? Time to go back to Colorado, 60 degrees there.

red
12-15-2013, 03:18 PM
bears win, we are 1.5 game out of first in the NFCN

we lose today and we are 1.5 games back with 2 to play

today is a must win. just like last week and the 3 games before that we lost

red
12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Its all square pegs and round holes in the Packer defense isn't it?

Would love more run D, cannot stomach more bad pass coverage. Versus Cowboys, might have to be Doc.

yup, according to that one article, all the packers players love capers scheme and think its the greatest thing ever

too bad none of them can figure out how to play in it

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Pbmax, do you have coaching and/or pro ball experience? You seem the most technically savy of all the rats.

No, he reads "Ask Vic" :-P

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Go Pack Go!

Rutnstrut
Does anyone else have a really bad feeling about this game?

pbmax

No, KY, ND72 and Nutz all have played or coached at a higher level than I played at (high school). I just was never satisfied with the coverage the TV and newspapers gave football. If you take all there received wisdom and add it up, you get a Division II team.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:26 PM

Me...

TravisWilliams23

No more than any Packer game this year without Rodgers playing!

pbmax

not yet.

Rutnstrut
Fucking Fox missed the opening kickoff.

red
nice kickoff coverage, and we almost fuck it up with taylor shoving a guy down after the whistle

no discipline what so ever

Brandon494
Nice tackle Hawk!

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:28 PM
That first run, Jolly moved inside on a TE shift away from him. They ran to that abandoned gap.

Guiness
wow

better get that run d fixed, NOW

pbmax
That play doesn't happen with a pass rush.

Rutnstrut
not yet.

I'll admit I haven't been overly optimistic since Rodgers went down, but today feels like a blowout.

red
is that lattimore in for jones?

is jones out today, or did he finally get benched?

Brandon494
I hope we use our first 5 picks on a safety. :soap:

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
No block in the back on Hyde there?

red
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
md jennings in the game instead of richardson on a running down, thats dumb

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Boyd talking Raji snaps early.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:30 PM
No block in the back on Hyde there?

Didn't see it but nice play on 3rd down.

KalamazooPackerFan
12-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Defense starts bad but pulls a stop out......can't see them being able to do that all game.

red
wow

better get that run d fixed, NOW

maybe in a few years after we get rid of the entire coaching staff and TT and let the new guy build his own team

until then, i don't see it happening

pbmax
Bush is dime, Hyde is in nickel.

Not sure on Richardson or Boyd.

red
DAGGER!!!!!!

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 03:32 PM

That doesn't hurt my feelings. IMO Raji has been an empty uniform as of late.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:32 PM
they must not be very advanced wherever he is

here in the UP, its not uncommon to see a deer blind or ice shack with a direct Tv dish on the side of it and a generator going full blast outside this time of year

Rhinelander but here visiting, so no ice shack, in my old age I can hack the cold but not the wind.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Are the Packers playing today?

red

maybe M3 is pulling a shanny and benching raji for the rest of the season and doesn't get hurt

we need someone to give him big money and get him the hell out of here

ThunderDan
Didn't see it but nice play on 3rd down.

Hyde blitz off the end in run support and th TE pushing him past the RB.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Bush is dime, Hyde is in nickel.

Not sure on Richardson or Boyd.

They'd be Penny and Annie.

Guiness
I'll admit I haven't been overly optimistic since Rodgers went down, but today feels like a blowout.

Why do I suspect you are Rhloha?

channtheman
I feel good about the game, for those wondering if anyone does. We're gonna win, I tell you. Joe is taking us to the Super Bowl with his game day threads.

red
12-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Rhinelander but here visiting, so no ice shack, in my old age I can hack the cold but not the wind.

go buy a bottle of brandy and take it out on the ice and present it to the guy who owns an ice shack with the direct tv dish on it. chances are, he invites you in

oldbutnotdeadyet
I like james jones.

woodbuck27
Who are those guys in the booth?

I don't recognize their voices.

Rutnstrut
That was PRETTY!!!

ThunderDan
Great blocking by Jorie and Q to get additional yards.

Guiness

and he rewarded the coaching staff with a big stop on the Cowboys opening drive. Very nice.

KalamazooPackerFan
Kuhn runs slower than my grandmother......who's dead.

red
12-15-2013, 03:36 PM
thats gonna be a hammy for jones

season over, he'll start next year on PUP

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Why do I suspect you are Rhloha?

No no no....He hasn't made any posts about eating our kids/grandkids or raping our wives/girlfriends/daughters.

Rutnstrut is a hunter maybe?...but not that kind of hunter.

oldbutnotdeadyet
I wish Packers had a pass rush like that...

KalamazooPackerFan
Crosby is so money this year!

Brandon494
I see you Crosby!

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:38 PM
I like Mason Crosby....

ThunderDan
Mason getting his kicks straightened out.

woodbuck27
James Jones....wow !

That really sucks.

Teamcheez1
That sack is on Flynn.

pbmax
How many Packer fans are in that dome?!

Flynn misread that blitz as the Cowboys went 1 deep safety man right before the snap. He didn't adjust his reads.

red
how the fuck is he suppose to throw the ball troy?

he didn't even have 2 seconds to throw the ball on the slowed down replay

he took his 3 step drop and had enough time to put his other hand on the ball and prepare to get drilled

Brandon494
Crosby is so money this year!

With the incentives in his contract he has to be money this year if he wants his money.

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 03:39 PM
I think Stubby is an idiot, but he did the right thing by sticking with Crosby.

channtheman
WOW MASON!

King Friday
ANyone still want to get rid of Crosby?

Guiness

Flynn knew it was coming, and obviously had no solution. He really should've called a timeout there.

57 yards FG...nice

red
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM

our pass rush takes 5 or 6 seconds to get home, if they get home, other teams do it in 2 or 3 on every single play against us

its gets old fast

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
With the incentives in his contract he has to be money this year if he wants his money.

Word.

Guiness
12-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Crosby back to KOs instead of Mathsay. I remember they switched halfway through a game a while ago, has Crosby been kicking off since then?

TravisWilliams23
The D seems to make every opposing QB look all-pro most weeks. It does get old fast.

ThunderDan

he took his 3 step drop and had enough time to put his other hand on the ball and prepare to get drilled

Three steps and unload. When the D rushes more than you have in protection it is on the QB to get it out. ARod would have hit Jordie for 10 yards in the slot.

King Friday
12-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Let's stop including Kuhn in anything other than blocking. He's become worthless as a receiver.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:42 PM

yeah but he saw that blitz coming. You have to account for that guy if you don't adjust protection to get him. Possible his rb or TE missed it.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Crosby back to KOs instead of Mathsay. I remember they switched halfway through a game a while ago, has Crosby been kicking off since then?

Yes

Teamcheez1
12-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Ran right at Raji on that play.

red
12-15-2013, 03:44 PM

i think all player contracts should be incentive based

earn your pay. make what you deserve

our defense deserves minimum wage

KalamazooPackerFan
Shields lts it go an extra twenty! C'mon, yo udo get paid to tackle too!

ThunderDan
Why does Jones go to the outside hole there? Shouldn't the S fill there.

Rutnstrut
There's that Packer D we all know will let us down.

red
no pass rush with 4 man rush. no pressure on romo at all

our qb is always underpressure

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Nice run by Demarco Murray... that guy is back...they must hold him under 120 yards.

KalamazooPackerFan
Shields lts it go an extra twenty! C'mon, yo udo get paid to tackle too!

Guess he heard me!

oldbutnotdeadyet
Yes, we make everybody look better than they are...

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Yep, Raji or Pick lost a gap.

Pick was DTeamed, so Raji I would guess or LB.

red
12-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Let's stop including Kuhn in anything other than blocking. He's become worthless as a receiver.

all his catches for negative yards are vital to our offense

nice play by shields. pay that man his money

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Should have been intercepted.

Rutnstrut

Yup, as they should, he's fucking worthless.

red

thats whats pissing me off about raji

he's getting owned by single teams all the time

that can't happen with a 350 pound guy

Guiness
12-15-2013, 03:48 PM
I left to get a beer so I didn't have to watch the Cowboys score, what happened? lol

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:49 PM

He did not get off the block, so it a negative for him, but I think there should have been another player there. Unless he free-lanced and went wide and should have stayed in the A gap.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:50 PM
2nd and 3rd and goal from the Packer 5 Yd. line (2 CRACKS !) :

4-5-GB 5 (4:56) (Field Goal formation) D.Bailey 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-C.Jones.

3-5-GB 5 (5:01) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to J.Witten (M.Burnett). Pass knocked away 4 yards deep end zone.

2-5-GB 5 (5:07) T.Romo pass incomplete short left to G.Escobar. Pass incomplete 2 yards deep corner of end zone.

Nice break there.

I'm glad that Romo didn't go back to the run.

Dallas leads 6-3.

TravisWilliams23

Agree. How do you look your teammates in the eye after watching the game film every week and you see how useless you've become?

red
is it wrong that that stupid iphone commercial makes me horny?

and i hate apple

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 03:51 PM

Raji stalemate with OG one-on-one. Pickett initially doubled got pushed off the line and C was able to get off and catch Hawk. Jones went outside and engaged the FB and left the middle wide open. At the time the RB got to the line all Dal players winning or draws one-on-one.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Nice run offense, and then an illegal procedure.

red
m3 doesn't believe in stretching the field

he believes in contraction

Rutnstrut
Why do they try to stretch it out with Lacy, it seems he's much better between the tackles.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:53 PM
Well, when Flynn is your QB you can't afford a 5 yards loss on a run and then penalty.

Teamcheez1
What is this playcalling?

oldbutnotdeadyet
Packers gaining huge yardage...in the wrong direction.

King Friday
Our OL sucks massive ass.

KalamazooPackerFan
Barclary blows the block, false starts and EDS late on the screen.....horrible series!

King Friday
12-15-2013, 03:54 PM
What is this playcalling?

McCarthy being a pussy, as always.

red
12-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Agree. How do you look your teammates in the eye after watching the game film every week and you see how useless you've become?

especially when an old 34 year old making less money then you who's lined up right next to you, handles his double team on every single play

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:55 PM

What's scary is that he might decide to take TT's second offer soon.

His agent (David Dunn) should be all over that...bringing coffee every mornin' to TT.

I can't believe two things:

a) The $8 M$ offer.

b) That B.J. refused?/is thinking about it?

ThunderDan
Great punt by Mastay.

gbgary
defense better make their adjustments BEFORE ht.

KalamazooPackerFan
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Why is our coverage alwayd four yards off the reciever? Are they coached that was or do they just suck?

red
12-15-2013, 03:56 PM
good grief

time for some go-go juice for red

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 03:57 PM
especially when an old 34 year old making less money then you who's lined up right next to you, handles his double team on every single play

They'll shove Ryan Pickett out the door and pay for BJ and move him to NT.

That's my best guess and that lump of wasted flesh.... and I don't refer to Ryan Pickett.

George Cumby
Fire capers.

red
fuck you jones

King Friday
If this continues, Capers should be fired after the game. This defense is an absolute embarrassment.

Teamcheez1
Our defense can't seem to stop anything.

woodbuck27
OK DEEFENSE !!!

KalamazooPackerFan
Total suckitude!

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Cowboys shedding tackles like Packers have vaginas...

Teamcheez1
Burnett gets torched by Witten

pbmax
Barclary blows the block, false starts and EDS late on the screen.....horrible series!

That was Bach on penalty.

gbgary
they gash us on every play.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Not if Dan is right. that DT moved Pick and got Hawk blocked as well.

Rutnstrut
This team is fucking terrible, and any GM that would give Brad Jones any contract is fucking worthless.

TravisWilliams23
Shields should have went right at his legs for a tackle.

Teamcheez1
they gash us on every play.

The defense wants to go home for the season. They have no will to play anymore.

woodbuck27
One of the prettiest missed tackles by Sam Shields I've seen this season.

Dallas 13 - Packers 3.

Ohh Ohh.

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Shields goes way high on that tackle attempt. And calling it an attempt is being generous.

KalamazooPackerFan
Where the hell is Burnett going on that? And why doesn't Shields hit Witten instead of jumping over him? I don't think its the scheme, I just don't think our coaches coach our guy on what to do once they are in the rigth place.

channtheman
The D is tired?

Teamcheez1
12-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Aikman: What do you do if you're Dom Capers?

I have a suggestion. Clean out your office tomorrow.

red
if i was TT i'd fire the whole staff and cut all the players, then i would have the decency to shoot myself

pbmax
Bard Jones just plays like he doesn't know how to tackle sometimes. The worst stiff arm in memory gets him off the play.

Nice play call for PI.

woodbuck27
One of the prettiest missed tackles by Sam Shields I've seen this season.

Dallas 13 - Packers 3.

Ohh Ohh.

Sam why tackle so high? Why not miss low ??

King Friday
The Packers should never run the ball. That is how bad the Dallas secondary is. Don't bother with play action. Go in the gun and pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. The fact that we aren't shows that Stubby isn't such a genius.

George Cumby
Heads must roll.

Teamcheez1
12-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Flynn has to get rid of the ball.

red
LOL

the only way we can do anything is to get a penalty

barclay and quarless, you two assholes are worthless

pbmax
Barclay is having a HUGE problem with that guy.

Or should I say Q and Barclay are having a huge problem. Q was hanging on and Barclay knocked Q down by hitting the guy Q was blocking.

pbmax
Shields should have went right at his legs for a tackle.

This I agree with. The over focus on turnovers produces stupidity like this all the time.

ThunderDan
Quarless I think had the Cowboy blocked. Then Barclay pushed him back up and into Flynn.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm not at all concerned.

We've got the comeback kid in Matt Flynn.

He's just warming up to the half. MM has a shot of juice for him in the dressing room.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-15-2013, 04:04 PM
I know I am back in wisconsin now as lawyer commercials revolve around duck hunting...

pbmax
Where the hell is Burnett going on that? And why doesn't Shields hit Witten instead of jumping over him? I don't think its the scheme, I just don't think our coaches coach our guy on what to do once they are in the rigth place.

He bought the Witten out route. Aikman said it was Witten's favorite route and he faked it well. Burnett went right for it and could not recover. Jennings as per usual couldn't get over in time.

ThunderDan
Barclay is having a HUGE problem with that guy.

Or should I say Q and Barclay are having a huge problem. Q was hanging on and Barclay knocked Q down by hitting the guy Q was blocking.

Q was going to get him inside and let Flynn get the edge. Barclay caused the problem.

woodbuck27
This I agree with. The over focus on turnovers produces stupidity like this all the time.

Yup...just keep it simple. Be assignment surer.

red
12-15-2013, 04:05 PM
LOL

we gave up 200 fucking yards in the first quarter, to DALLAS

and we only gained 32 yards, against the worst defense in the NFL

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:05 PM
The Packers should never run the ball. That is how bad the Dallas secondary is. Don't bother with play action. Go in the gun and pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. The fact that we aren't shows that Stubby isn't such a genius.

Can't do that with Flynn. He has been hit hard on blitzes twice. He would not last, even though we are headed that way regardless.

Iron Mike
12-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Is there a worse LB in the NFL than Brad Jones?? Where'd we get this POS from???

Teamcheez1
MM calling 5 yard pass plays when you need 15-20 yards.

red
even if jordy caught that, it would have been good for 2 or 3 yards. 12 fucking yards short of the first down

this game is a fucking disaster

King Friday
I guess we draft about 8 OL players next spring.

George Cumby
MM calling 5 yard pass plays when you need 15-20 yards.

Totally moronic.

King Friday
12-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Can't do that with Flynn. He has been hit hard on blitzes twice. He would not last, even though we are headed that way regardless.

Because he is taking snaps from under center and can't get back into a drop to make a read. Put him in the damn shotgun and give him time.

red
12-15-2013, 04:07 PM
OMG hannah tramanna actually hit someone

A MIRICLE

and then he gets a flag

that a way to even things out

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 04:08 PM

All of whom will be no names from small schools with a HUGE upside.

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Wasn't that OPI?

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Hawk with a play.

Rutnstrut
Is there a worse LB in the NFL than Brad Jones?? Where'd we get this POS from???

One of those great TT finds.

red

its too bad that we need about 8 new starters on defense out of the draft too

pbmax
Huge uncalled hold on Daniels inside

oldbutnotdeadyet
Nice tackle Tramon.

ThunderDan
Holding on Daniels. Throw the flag.

Teamcheez1
Tramon Williams playing at his best today.

denverYooper
That's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen a Packer with a hand on a ball. That was sort of a tough play (Hawk) but they used to grab quite a few of those in years past.

woodbuck27
GREEN BAY PACKERS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
M. Flynn 5/6 50 0 0

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
E. Lacy 3 3 0 5

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
E. Lacy 2 -1 0 5
J. Jones 1 39 0 39
J. Nelson 1 13 0 13

DALLAS COWBOYS

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
T. Romo 7/10 115 1 0

Rushing CAR YDS TD LG
D. Murray 7 77 0 41

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
D. Bryant 2 31 0 22
T. Williams 1 27 0 27
J. Witten 1 25 1 25T

SCORE END OF 1st QTR:

DALLAS 13 - GREEN BAY 3

Eddie Lacy !!??

red
fuck you tramon

you can follow rajis fat ass out the door

red
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
wow, that is a week flag on austin

channtheman
12-15-2013, 04:10 PM
So a fresh Packers D just gave up 192 yards in the first quarter. I never want to hear the fucking excuse that a defense is tired in the 4th quarter again.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 04:11 PM
wow, that is a week flag on austin

Make up call?

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 04:11 PM
James Jones out ...Hammy

Johnny Jolly on the sidelines...shoulder injury.

red
12-15-2013, 04:12 PM
oh good, one of our 3 defensive players that actually gives effort is out with a shoulder injury

pbmax
Make up call?

Usually uncalled but it was obvious and it moved Shields enough. Much worse gets missed

denverYooper
Daniels just run right up the field.

Rutnstrut
Jones accidently got in the way of the ball.

ThunderDan
Good coverage there by Burnett.

channtheman
Gosh Tony Romo is shit. Under threw on no pressure at all!

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
James Jones with good coverage on Murray even if he NEVER saw the ball

EDIT: Maybe it was Brad! :lol:

red
all day to throw

if romo puts anything on that ball its a TD. thank god for a weak throw

pathetic pass rush again on that play. romo had forever

ThunderDan
James Jones out ...Hammy

Johnny Jolly on the sidelines...shoulder injury.

Jones is in on O.

red
12-15-2013, 04:14 PM
So a fresh Packers D just gave up 192 yards in the first quarter. I never want to hear the fucking excuse that a defense is tired in the 4th quarter again.

nope, i've never bought that excuse

oldbutnotdeadyet
Romo could have lunch back there.

pbmax
They have to put Perry on the right. Clay is getting nowhere on Tyron Smith (I think that is his name)

TravisWilliams23
12-15-2013, 04:15 PM
They have to put Perry on the right. Clay is getting nowhere on Tyron Smith (I think that is his name)

Not if you're Capers! The scheme is solid!

denverYooper
Boyd seems to be getting a lot of work today. He's pretty active in there. He obviously needs some weight room work, but he doesn't look like an easy handle.

woodbuck27
Our secondary is so so so awful.

To defend a pass you must locate the ball being fricken' well passed.

Damn .... it's just too sad. Where has Morgan Burnett's game gone?

pbmax
I am stunned there is not a giant statue of Jerry Jones in front of that reflecting pool.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Drops do not help.

woodbuck27

Yea like him...ice...solid.

red
OMG

now jordy is dropping shit

come on guys, show some fucking heart

this team has "quit" written all over it

denverYooper
Clay has not looked great these last few weeks.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Power O!

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Our secondary is so so so awful.

To defend a pass you must locate the ball being fricken' well passed.

Damn .... it's just too sad. Where has Morgan Burnett's game gone?

That was good coverage by Burnett on that play.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:18 PM

Not scheme in this case. I think he and the coaches prefer him there. But its not working on pass rush.

red
I am stunned there is not a giant statue of Jerry Jones in front of that reflecting pool.

tax payers have to vote on that in the next elections

you know jerry will never pay for anything. he'll get the taxpayers to pay for that golden statue of him. then he'll add it to his net worth

Teamcheez1
Flynn looks terrible this game. Are there no routes he can throw further than 5 yards?

It's amost as if MM thinks he can play field position with our defense.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Flynn looks terrible this game. Are there no routes he can throw further than 5 yards?

His one deep one was DPI. Biggest play of game.

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Not scheme in this case. I think he and the coaches prefer him there. But its not working on pass rush.

What's a "pass rush"? Is that some kind of newfangled gimmick like the wildcat or the read option?

The Shadow
I hate it when the Packers don't even TRY to win.

TravisWilliams23

His OL isn't giving him any time to throw it down the field. He's on his ass almost every passing play.

ThunderDan

He doesn't have the arm. He had James Jones earlier for a TD but under threw hi and get the PI call.

George Cumby
OMG

now jordy is dropping shit

come on guys, show some fucking heart

this team has "quit" written all over it

This is what makes this so hard to watch, the lack of heart.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 04:21 PM
The play calling reflects a coach who thinks his team can't move the ball. And Flynn's execution when he gets the chance to throw is pathetic. And when Flynn is on, Nelson drops a pass. Can this team not do everything right on ONE play?

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Bad technique in coverage by Hawk.

red
please do not associate people like lombardi and starr with the shit thats on the field today

oldbutnotdeadyet
Hawk sure loses his helmet a lot.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Hawk blew that tackle.

woodbuck27
http://prod.static.seahawks.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/players/2013/ryan-jon/131125ryan600a.jpg

Did Joe Buck mention that guys name.

He has a shot at a Super Bowl Ring this season.

It looks like any next move could be to the Vikings.

Naw ! The Seahawks like him right where he is.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/A-happy-hang-time-birthday-to-Jon-Ryan/f1ad0797-99f4-45ba-a79c-aa2bea089ca2

A happy hang-time birthday to Jon Ryan

Posted Nov 26, 2013

Clare Farnsworth ... Seahawks.com Writer

@Seahawks on Twitter Seahawks on Facebook

Tuesday is the 32nd birthday of Jon Ryan, the Seahawks’ record-setting punter.

Our punter is improving...growing a lot.

red
hawk showing that jones isn't the only worthless ILB on this team that can't takle

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Richardson just got stoned on his rush.

red
ll day to pass and wide open receivers

can some of you guys not see the difference between the time other qb's get and the time our guys get in the pockets?

George Cumby
Bad technique in coverage by Hawk.

You mean the Chicken With Its Head Cut Off Technique? Fuck, he was looking everywhere and couldn't find it.

red
12-15-2013, 04:26 PM
He doesn't have the arm. He had James Jones earlier for a TD but under threw hi and get the PI call.

i think he's got enough of an arm to go further then 5 yards, we're just not calling those plays, and when we do, he doesn't have time for the guys to get off the line

pittstang5
12-15-2013, 04:27 PM
So sick of the same shit week after week, there is never any improvement

Teamcheez1
It doesn't matter how good (or bad) the defense plays today.

MM's game plan has put 3 points on the board against the worst defense in football (although we could pass them up after today).

red
Hawk sure loses his helmet a lot.

i'm surprised he hasn't gotten some fines for that

we all know the reason why it happens, and it still happens 2 or 3 times a game

Packers4Glory
How is it possible this defense still sucks. It's been horrid ever since the Super Bowl win. So had the O line. Just the worst.

TravisWilliams23
12-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Nice coverage there, Tramon.

ThunderDan
i think he's got enough of an arm to go further then 5 yards, we're just not calling those plays, and when we do, he doesn't have time for the guys to get off the line

Flynn doesn't want to throw the Int so he goes to the short throw. There are numerous options at different yardage on every pass play.

red
romo sucks

wide open for a td with a decent throw

pbmax
Look, a one man pass rush from Daniels.

George Cumby
Another hold on Daniels

red
Flynn doesn't want to throw the Int so he goes to the short throw. There are numerous options at different yardage on every pass play.

gotcha

denverYooper
Wow. another hold on Daniels. I think he even tried to stand up to show the ref...

ThunderDan
12-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Need a score before half.

MJZiggy
Jesus H. Christ.

red
It doesn't matter how good (or bad) the defense plays today.

MM's game plan has put 3 points on the board against the worst defense in football (although we could pass them up after today).

exactly

the bears put up 45 on them just last week

pbmax
12-15-2013, 04:30 PM
nm

beveaux1
12-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Ready for a new QB.