PDA

View Full Version : leslie frazier dead man walking

red
12-15-2013, 11:33 AM
word out this morning is that the vikings have been in contact with bill o'brien from penn state about him coaching the vikings

that doesn't sound too good for the coach you currently have , does it?

can the guy you have before you start trying to sign his replacement, IMO. the vikings just cut off fraziers balls with 3 games left to play

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/15/report-vikings-texans-have-contacted-bill-obrien/

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Can he coach a 3-4?

red
12-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Can he coach a 3-4?

i think he's a tampa 2 guy, so 4-3

digitaldean
12-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah, saw that article too. Given the way things have fallen apart and keep momentum going toward the new stadium, I understand the reasoning. Frazier waffled and stuck to the sinking ship known as the SS Christian Ponder, not to mention that as defensive guy the Vikes D overall has been subpar most of the year.

red
12-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, saw that article too. Given the way things have fallen apart and keep momentum going toward the new stadium, I understand the reasoning. Frazier waffled and stuck to the sinking ship known as the SS Christian Ponder, not to mention that as defensive guy the Vikes D overall has been subpar most of the year.

i think when the boss drafts a qb number 12 overall, the coach has to stick by that guy and hope he turns into something. even though most of the football world knew the vikings had just thrown away that pick

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 12:09 PM
He may survive one more season?

Then again....

A lot of teams may be watching the traffic out of Washington.

run pMc
12-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Vikings didn't sign Frazier to an extension last offseason, so this was his last year. Beating Philly probably won't save him, but he'll finish the season. He's a lame duck coach on a 4 win team.
Spielman likely stays and Frazier gets a DC or assistant's gig somewhere else. He can coach a 4-3 D.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 10:56 PM
He may survive one more season?

Then again....

A lot of teams may be watching the traffic out of Washington.

After today I feel more confident in saying that Mike Shanahan looks done as the Skins HC and his son will likely follow him out of Washington as the OC.

Why MS called for that 2 point conversion Vs Atlanta today ( Sunday Washington @ Atlanta) when a single convert would have put his team in OT baffles me. The analysts were strong in their criticism of Mike Shanahan and that risky call.... THAT FAILED.

I was watching that game on the NFL.Com graphic and broke to learn of this conversation anmong the panel of three analysts and said to Mae.... What are they discussing? A failed 2-Point conversion that failed...NO way...that can't be.

Sure enough he tried that and it failed.

WOW I thought to myself...why?

Do HC's have some inbred mentle strength to always be right even when failing?

What will his explanation be this time? That will be discussed and come (maybe?) on NFL.Com tomorrow...or Wednesday.

Guiness
12-15-2013, 11:11 PM
After today I feel more confident in saying that Mike Shanahan looks done as the Skins HC and his son will likely follow him out of Washington as the OC.

Why MS called for that 2 point conversion Vs Atlanta today ( Sunday Washington @ Atlanta) when a single convert would have put his team in OT baffles me. The analysts were strong in their criticism of Mike Shanahan and that risky call.... THAT FAILED.

I was watching that game on the NFL.Com graphic and broke to learn of this conversation anmong the panel of three analysts and said to Mae.... What are they discussing? A failed 2-Point conversion that failed...NO way...that can't be.

Sure enough he tried that and it failed.

WOW I thought to myself...why?

Do HC's have some inbred mentle strength to always be right even when failing?

What will his explanation be this time? That will be discussed and come (maybe?) on NFL.Com tomorrow...or Wednesday.

No, I think he was right to go for 2 there. The chance for a W was right in front of him, and with the way that team has been playing, there have not been too many opportunities to get one. It was within reach, he went for it.

I bet that doesn't make Snyder feel any better. PFT is continuing to say that he's trying to get fired so he can go home with his $7 million for next season, but Snyder doesn't want to pay it.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
No, I think he was right to go for 2 there. The chance for a W was right in front of him, and with the way that team has been playing, there have not been too many opportunities to get one. It was within reach, he went for it.

I bet that doesn't make Snyder feel any better. PFT is continuing to say that he's trying to get fired so he can go home with his $7 million for next season, but Snyder doesn't want to pay it.

It was a do it now as it's so close sorta thing..... I'm guessing.

I was all the same ....surprized.... that as things have been going MS didn't at least accept the tie in regulation. Take that small blessing. Hope for better(more) in OT.

I'm impressed with Kirk Cousins every time he steps up to help the Skins. MS knows a lot better than any analyst...me the lowly fan.

Things in Washington may be the worst now of any NFL franchise.

red
12-22-2013, 02:53 PM
espn was reporting earlier today that vikings ownership has been telling others around the league that "a coaching change is expected"

btw, the vikings are getting destroyed today by the bengals

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:38 PM
add schwartz to the list...hopefully.

red
12-22-2013, 08:40 PM

yup, there is no way that the little yipping dog survives another late season meltdown

lions were the only healthy team in the division, and they still couldn't win it

digitaldean
12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
If they couldn't win the division with the top 2 teams missing their starting QBs for extended stretches, they never will. They are undisciplined turnover machines.

I thought after Mon. nights loss they would just steamroll the Giants. Giants took advantage of almost all the Detroit miscues and won the game.

Question is now in Detroit, do they blow the whole thing up (Mayhew and Schwartz) or just dump "The Schwartz".

George Cumby
12-22-2013, 10:25 PM
If they couldn't win the division with the top 2 teams missing their starting QBs for extended stretches, they never will. They are undisciplined turnover machines.

I thought after Mon. nights loss they would just steamroll the Giants. Giants took advantage of almost all the Detroit miscues and won the game.

Question is now in Detroit, do they blow the whole thing up (Mayhew and Schwartz) or just dump "The Schwartz".

Mathews gotten them some talent, no? I'd say they dump Schwartz only.

Fritz
12-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Word around Detroit is that The Schvantz is as good as gone, but Mayhew survives.

Mayhew started with a bang - snookered Jerrah Jones in the wide receiver trade - who was that former #1 he traded to Dallas for a slew of picks? But Mayhew, after being TTII at first, went desperate and started signing free agents and having to revamp big contracts like Suh's, and now that team will be in cap hell in about two years.

Mayhew does pretty well with his top picks (Reilly Reiff) but he doesn't seem to do so well later in the draft at all.

I hope the Lions keep The Schvantz for one more year, but that ain't gonna happen. Even the
Fords have some dignity.

bobblehead
12-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Mathews gotten them some talent, no? I'd say they dump Schwartz only.

Schwartz is just the kind of cocksucker that could turn around a soft D like ours, problem is that our entire team hates him. But someone like him would be good. Guys like him make great DCoords, but bad coaches.

I'm holding out hope for sexy rexy.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:45 AM

Christian Ponder.

The fellow who's a self describe perfectionist.

Contrasted with:

The fellow who takes his gal out on 'a special occasion' to eat at........... Arbys.

It had to be confusing for Leslie Frazier in Minny.

Pugger
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM

NO!!! We want him to stay in Detroit!!!! ;-)

Pugger
12-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Word around Detroit is that The Schvantz is as good as gone, but Mayhew survives.

Mayhew started with a bang - snookered Jerrah Jones in the wide receiver trade - who was that former #1 he traded to Dallas for a slew of picks? But Mayhew, after being TTII at first, went desperate and started signing free agents and having to revamp big contracts like Suh's, and now that team will be in cap hell in about two years.

Mayhew does pretty well with his top picks (Reilly Reiff) but he doesn't seem to do so well later in the draft at all.

I hope the Lions keep The Schvantz for one more year, but that ain't gonna happen. Even the
Fords have some dignity.

But didn't the Fords keep Matt Millen around for a few years?

Cheesehead Craig
12-23-2013, 02:34 PM
The team has quit on Frazier from what I've heard on the radio up here. Some have pointed out that some players weren't hustling on several plays, Jared Allen notably. I thought a decent showing to end the season would save Frazier plus the QB fiasco that his GM put him in, but not anymore as I agree with others that he's gone.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 10:29 PM
But didn't the Fords keep Matt Millen around for a few years?

Yea ... but he has a nice smile.