Studs: Matt Flynn
Andrew Quarless
Eddie Lacy

Duds: Matt Flynn

Studs
Shields
Flynn

Duds

The Ref's as usual. And the post game hosts Curtis, Terry, Michael and Jimmy. Here's why:

Curtis : "OK Welcome back to the OT. The story here is obviously about the Green Bay Packers so lets start talking."

Jimmy: "Let me apologize first to Matt Flynn. Then talks about the Cowgirls and nothing Packers."

Strahan, Bradshaw and Howie: each talk about nothing remotely about the Packers. The Cowboys play-calling, Miami, The Eagles and the rest of the NFC playoff picture were all mentioned however.

I was left speechless and scratching my head.

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Studs:

Jordy
Jones
Boykin
Tramon
Shields

Duds:

M.D. Jennings
Referees

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
On 'O'.

Big comeback again led by Matt Flynn. This one was just unbelievable and one of the best I've seen as a five decade plus Packer fan. 299 yards passing and FOUR (4) TDS !

Eddie Lacy was better than just very good ... :lol: I love my mna Lacy. His toughness is obvious. He got to > 1000 yards in his Rookie year? 21 carries for 141 yards ( a 6.7 Yard Avg.) and a spectacular leaping/diving TD !!

Some timely catch by TE Andrew Quarless.

Another solid day from the new WR Jarrett Boykin 6 receptions for 83 yards.

The OL played good in the second half.

On 'D'

Tramon was trying very hard and so did many others. That's all we need to see as Packer fans.

Did the secondary play good. NO ! Certainly not overall but people like AJ Hawk and ..overall the DL and Mike Neal and Mike Daniels brought it.

That win was so awesome to see...for all of us.

We needed to see that win.

GO PACK..GO PACK GO ! :bclap:

Harlan Huckleby
12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
M.D. Jennings

I think Jennings got a bad rap on the phenom catch by Dez Bryant at endline.

Jennings was coming-off coverage of another man to help out, and he was running towards the endline. There is no chance he had opportunity to turn around and defend pass, he had a second just to get there.

But maybe he sucked otherwise anyway, I don't know.

Teamcheez1
12-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm going to throw one name out there that may come as a shock - Clay Matthews as a dud.

He may have had a half sack on one play, but as our biggest playmaker on defense, he was mostly invisible the whole game.

Harlan Huckleby
12-15-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm going to thrwo one name out there that may come as a shock - Clay Matthews as a dud. .
He lost his burst. Must be poor aerodynamics of the wrapped thumb.

Patler
12-15-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm going to thrwo one name out there that may come as a shock - Clay Matthews as a dud.

He may have had a half sack on one play, but as our biggest playmaker on defense, he was mostly invisible the whole game.

Agreed.

mission
12-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Agreed.

Can't really agree. Shields interception doesn't happen without Clay.

Noodle
12-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Can't really agree. Shields interception doesn't happen without Clay.

You're kidding, right? Clay was completely unblocked and yet whiffed the tackle, hardly a stud play.

I really haven't seen consistent studness from Clay since he came back. He seems to get stood up by tackles, who seldom need help with him. I don't know what's wrong.

But I'm not going to let a Clay kvetch spoil my buzz over a historic comeback -- at Dallas, no less!

pbmax
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Rutnstrut for staying in the workshop for the entire comeback. His only error was to return long enough to allow Romo to get two packer penalties and score a TD.

He's the Game MVP.

If he is committed, rutnstrut will lead the Packers to the Super Bowl from his workshop.

red
12-15-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm going to throw one name out there that may come as a shock - Clay Matthews as a dud.

he wasn't even a factor in the game, no pressure at all until the int play at the end where he missed the sack

Iron Mike
12-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Stud: The Bama Hammer

Dud: There's no way Brad Jones can EVER get off my dud list. :(

red
12-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Dud: There's no way Brad Jones can EVER get off my dud list. :(

he was just putrid all game, he needs to be replaced badly this offseason. his specialty is suppose to be his coverage ability, and he's horrible in coverage

run pMc
12-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Duds: Team in the 1st half

Studs: Team in the 2nd half

+1

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Flynn with a 123 passer rating. I wonder what it was in the 2nd half.

digitaldean
12-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Stud: TWill for the 2 INTs (got screwed on the first replay). Lacy, Hawk, Flynn (2nd half), Jason Garrett & Tony Romo for screwing the game away.

Duds: Flynn (holding on to ball in 1st half and first half INT), Jennings.

mission
12-15-2013, 08:06 PM
he wasn't even a factor in the game, no pressure at all until the int play at the end where he missed the sack

And the pressure/half sack with Jones on the key third down.
Not one of his best games and I never called him a stud (for the game), but calling him a non factor is just factually incorrect.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 08:15 PM

I watched him closely and when on the RHS he was owned by the Cowboys LT.

I can't wait to where I can review it all or say about mid week. I've got it on recording.

GO PACK GO !

PA Pack Fan
12-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Dud-- Brad fucking Jones

Bossman641
12-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Stud - crosby. Dude is in a zone right now

red
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
i just saw a post on PFT that i think sums up who todays big stud was

Eddie Lacey… feared by Chuck Norris.

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Studs
Shields
Flynn

Duds

The Ref's as usual. And the post game hosts Curtis, Terry, Michael and Jimmy. Here's why:

Curtis : "OK Welcome back to the OT. The story here is obviously about the Green Bay Packers so lets start talking."

Jimmy: "Let me apologize first to Matt Flynn. Then talks about the Cowgirls and nothing Packers."

Strahan, Bradshaw and Howie: each talk about nothing remotely about the Packers. The Cowboys play-calling, Miami, The Eagles and the rest of the NFC playoff picture were all mentioned however.

I was left speechless and scratching my head.

LOL. Before the game, they were talking about the NFCN race and how the Bears would win the division if the Lions stumbled. NO mention of the Packers. Probablistically, sure, GB's not likely. But no mention?

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Stud - crosby. Dude is in a zone right now
Holy smokes, yes

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Stud:

Slocum!!

Special teams were key today.

57 yard FG by Crosby.

Nice punt return by Hyde to set up a score.

Masthay with almost 50 yards per punt.

channtheman
12-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Duds: Team in the 1st half

Studs: Team in the 2nd half

This.

CaptainKickass
12-15-2013, 08:53 PM
LOL. Before the game, they were talking about the NFCN race and how the Bears would win the division if the Lions stumbled. NO mention of the Packers. Probablistically, sure, GB's not likely. But no mention?

Not even so much as a "well I thought they had a good comeback". They go out of the way to mention that the story is "obviously all about the Packers", but then speak about anything else they can possibly think of except that.

In my opinion it's like leaving 2 pennies as a tip for your waitress. It's a complete insult.

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Dud-- Brad fucking Jones

YES, I agree 100% on that one.

bobblehead
12-15-2013, 09:21 PM

He was stonewalled coming from the edge all game...by a single blocker. He only came alive when Capers started moving him around and a couple other guys stepped up. But that is the playmaker theory...or my version. Guys look like playmakers when other guys step up and help them.

bobblehead
12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Stud: My old college roommate who told me on the phone "we have them right where we want them. This is where Romo throws a pick with the lead so we can score and win. He didn't call the last pick, but that was mostly academic.

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Not even so much as a "well I thought they had a good comeback". They go out of the way to mention that the story is "obviously all about the Packers", but then speak about anything else they can possibly think of except that.

In my opinion it's like leaving 2 pennies as a tip for your waitress. It's a complete insult.

Even on NFL network, the story is about how Dallas screwed up. Because that's the narrative that the Dallas cannot but help to embrace, I guess. The funny part about the Bears bit to me was that the Bears have to play the Eagles and the Packers, who could probably have Rodgers back. That's a pretty tough row to hoe. Green Bay probably has just as sure a path to the division at this point, and if the Lions stumble, I might even give Green Bay the edge over the Bears even if I knew right now that Rodgers would only be back for the last game. It's closer than they seemed to think.

TravisWilliams23
12-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Stud: Daniels, the only D lineman with any kind of pressure most of the game.
Whoever lit a match under the O's ass at halftime.
Both kickers. Excellent game by Mase and Masthay.
Dud: The 1st half team and coaches.
The officials. Especially that dumb bastard on Tramon's last int who was maybe 10 freakin' yards away from the play and called it incomplete. Unbelievable!

red
12-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Even on NFL network, the story is about how Dallas screwed up. Because that's the narrative that the Dallas cannot but help to embrace, I guess. The funny part about the Bears bit to me was that the Bears have to play the Eagles and the Packers, who could probably have Rodgers back. That's a pretty tough row to hoe. Green Bay probably has just as sure a path to the division at this point, and if the Lions stumble, I might even give Green Bay the edge over the Bears even if I knew right now that Rodgers would only be back for the last game. It's closer than they seemed to think.

yeah, right after the game the guys on nfln were debateing what would be the bigger story this week, the romo melt down, or dez stomping off the field

CaptainKickass
12-15-2013, 09:45 PM

I swear I saw Boyd walk a lineman backwards twice. More surprising to me than anything was that Josh Boyd was in the game, and that I noticed.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:49 PM

Talking about the Cowboys is good for ratings. It would only be worse if this was the Giants. Its also their theme this year, losing close games (their theme for a long time actually). Ready made talk show palaver.

Packers story lines are chasing a Division crown with a backup QB, stud rookie runner, Mason Crosby, Tramontana and Shields. Just not enough star power. If Rodgers won it or Matthews had 3 sacks, then it would get different play.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I swear I saw Boyd walk a lineman backwards twice. More surprising to me than anything was that Josh Boyd was in the game, and that I noticed.

I did not see him walk anyone back but I did see him get off blocks and hit the ballcarrier. That is underrated on this defense.

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 09:51 PM

I only got to watch the first half, but he played a lot. He looked like a handful.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 09:58 PM
I only got to watch the first half, but he played a lot. He looked like a handful.

I thought he had a TFL early in the first quarter.

CaptainKickass
12-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Talking about the Cowboys is good for ratings. It would only be worse if this was the Giants. Its also their theme this year, losing close games (their theme for a long time actually). Ready made talk show palaver.

Packers story lines are chasing a Division crown with a backup QB, stud rookie runner, Mason Crosby, Tramontana and Shields. Just not enough star power. If Rodgers won it or Matthews had 3 sacks, then it would get different play.

My beef is that half the "story" should be about the improbable comeback.

pbmax
12-15-2013, 10:16 PM
My beef is that half the "story" should be about the improbable comeback.

Should yes. Just doesn't drive revenue.

Pugger
12-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Whoever lit a match under the O's ass at halftime.
Both kickers. Excellent game by Mase and Masthay.
Dud: The 1st half team and coaches.
The officials. Especially that dumb bastard on Tramon's last int who was maybe 10 freakin' yards away from the play and called it incomplete. Unbelievable!

I heard Jolly and Lattimore gave the guys a half time speech and the fellas responded in the second half. It looked like 2 different teams out there.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 10:21 PM
I heard Jolly and Lattimore gave the guys a half time speech and the fellas responded in the second half. It looked like 2 different teams out there.

If so that's special.

Where did you learn that Pugger?

red
12-15-2013, 10:21 PM

really? nice

a couple of new leaders finally emerge

one thing this team really lacks is emotional leaders

Joemailman
12-15-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/235959541.html

"Jamari really spoke from the heart, got real emotional," NT B.J. Raji said. "I think the guys really felt him on that. I think everybody talks in their own way. But those guys stand out. Jolly was hurt early in the game and he kept encouraging us and Jamari was just letting his emotions take over."

denverYooper
12-15-2013, 10:26 PM
If so that's special.

Where did you learn that Pugger?

It's been all over twitter for the last hour.

bobblehead
12-15-2013, 10:33 PM

If shields stays motivated he will get a cool nickname...Better than Revis Island because shields for a defensive player lends itself to a cool nickname. I was on him his rookie year. Kid is a baller. If you believe in the playmaker theory, he fits the mold.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 10:44 PM
It's been all over twitter for the last hour.

I've never done twitter but that's so cool that a player like Jamari Lattimore stepped up as he's so new to the team. I cannot imagine a man like Johnny Jolly not doing such a thing.

They came out in that second half possessed. Put up that quick 7 points and the rest... we saw. That was so very cool.

The Pittsburg Steelers will be coming off a huge win tonight over Cincy. An impressive game. It's not getting any easier. Two one point wins ...back to back. They came out of the gate really fast tonight and we must be aware of that. Their like us hanging by a thread.

WOW! Much excitement !!

GO PACK GO.

smuggler
12-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Crosby's kick may have been good from 70.

How was Sean Richardson today?

CaptainKickass
12-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Should yes. Just doesn't drive revenue.

Is there some evidence of this?

PA Pack Fan
12-16-2013, 06:53 AM

The problem is the Pack had 3 or 4 primetime games where they looked like absolute crap, so the audience is kinda ho hum on them atm.

Iron Mike
12-16-2013, 07:00 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1486892_10202481982547814_683517218_n.jpg

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Rick Gosselin ‏@RickGosselinDMN 10m
Just watched replay of Packer game. DeMarcus Ware invisible (1 assisted tackle) playing straight up against a rookie LT (David Bakhtiari).

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Is there some evidence of this?

What I am aware of is indirect. Since the dawn of Monday Night Football it has been the goal of broadcasters to increase viewership by tapping into (pun unintended except for the 70s) non-typical audiences to increase the total number of viewers. The logic is sound but I have no idea of the numbers; at some point, every casual football fan is watching and the only large group left are people who really don't follow it closely.

So football coverage begins to resemble Entertainment Tonight and the big names or big scandals always get play. And for this there have been numerous reports that big markets and team with huge name recognition really deliver eyeballs and the Cowboys might be pre-eminent in this. If not them, its the Giants. The NFC East, by and large, gets huge numbers.

The Packers normally do well on this metric because of name brand recognition and tradition (being in the NFC helps with its larger markets) and back to back stars at QB plus a recent Super Bowl win. But last night, in terms of commentary, they weren't the Cowboys with a recent record of meltdowns in a disappointing season with a good but flawed QB and a coach and GM/owner who cannot get out of their own way.

The Cowboys are essentially Lindsay Lohan.

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Just watched replay of Packer game. DeMarcus Ware invisible (1 assisted tackle) playing straight up against a rookie LT (David Bakhtiari).

Well someone torched Bach early in the first half by just running past him (its too generous to say he went around him) and catching the RB immediately after the handoff. Even a Newhouse length block would have sprung it for a big gain.

QBME
12-16-2013, 09:32 AM

So a Stud to Bak...

channtheman
12-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Crosby's kick may have been good from 70.

How was Sean Richardson today?

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?26304-More-Banjo-Cowboys-Aftermath&p=759855&viewfull=1#post759855

Harlan Huckleby
12-16-2013, 10:51 AM
pleasant surprise.

they were thin on D-line with 2 guys inactive, Jolly hurt

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 12:24 PM
What I am aware of is indirect. Since the dawn of Monday Night Football it has been the goal of broadcasters to increase viewership by tapping into (pun unintended except for the 70s) non-typical audiences to increase the total number of viewers. The logic is sound but I have no idea of the numbers; at some point, every casual football fan is watching and the only large group left are people who really don't follow it closely.

So football coverage begins to resemble Entertainment Tonight and the big names or big scandals always get play. And for this there have been numerous reports that big markets and team with huge name recognition really deliver eyeballs and the Cowboys might be pre-eminent in this. If not them, its the Giants. The NFC East, by and large, gets huge numbers.

The Packers normally do well on this metric because of name brand recognition and tradition (being in the NFC helps with its larger markets) and back to back stars at QB plus a recent Super Bowl win. But last night, in terms of commentary, they weren't the Cowboys with a recent record of meltdowns in a disappointing season with a good but flawed QB and a coach and GM/owner who cannot get out of their own way.

This is pretty lucid analysis. The same was true about Brett Favre. That's why ESPN would run the Deanna promo "My Brett, our Favre" twice during a broadcast, and then have her in the booth. Her struggle with cancer was pure ratings gold. Notice the number of BFFFs who have since departed this wondrous website following the disappearance of Favre from the NFL.

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 12:25 PM
pleasant surprise.

they were thin on D-line with 2 guys inactive, Jolly hurt

Yes, and Pickett is the Fred Sanford of defensive lineman at this point.

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 12:28 PM
So a Stud to Bak...

You would think so, except for the fact that Ware is a dancing bear at this point in his career. It's hard to tell if he just hates the shift to D lineman, if he's lost it, or both. I'm guessing both.

channtheman
12-16-2013, 12:46 PM
This is pretty lucid analysis. The same was true about Brett Favre. That's why ESPN would run the Deanna promo "My Brett, our Favre" twice during a broadcast, and then have her in the booth. Her struggle with cancer was pure ratings gold. Notice the number of BFFFs who have since departed this wondrous website following the disappearance of Favre from the NFL.

They even had a bit during the game last night about Favre being the OC of some high school that won a state championship. Nevermind Favre hasn't played for the Packers since 2007 and hasn't played in the NFL for what, 3 years now? I couldn't believe they found a way to throw that in.

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
They even had a bit during the game last night about Favre being the OC of some high school that won a state championship. Nevermind Favre hasn't played for the Packers since 2007 and hasn't played in the NFL for what, 3 years now? I couldn't believe they found a way to throw that in.

Clefty may have been hallucinating from excess Demerol, but it wasn't clear that the FOX broadcasters specifically pointed out that Flynn did something Favre never did - that is, to win in Dallas. (Though anyone with IQ above room temp should have been able to figure that out from the stat that Pack hadn't won against Dallas at Dallas since 1989). That pretty much rules out 75% of FOX broadcasters, particularly Terry Bradshaw.

hoosier
12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Clefty may have been hallucinating from excess Demerol, but it wasn't clear that the FOX broadcasters specifically pointed out that Flynn did something Favre never did - that is, to win in Dallas. (Though anyone with IQ above room temp should have been able to figure that out from the stat that Pack hadn't won against Dallas at Dallas since 1989). That pretty much rules out 75% of FOX broadcasters, particularly Terry Bradshaw.

They won in Dallas in 2011.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 01:09 PM

It seems to me to be about at least 40-50 % Cowboys on NFL.Com today.

RE: The NE Pat's...Tom 'Captain Comeback' Brady said nearly nothing about the Pat's loss to Miami. Something about some good plays and more **s....y plays all rolled into that loss for his team. ** One of his 25-30 words was censored. LOL I think it was the word 'shitty'.

Thank goodness I didn't have to hear that word; that it was 'bleeped'... to protect my innocence.

Mike Shanahan looked 'ugly this morning. He looked too Irish to me. Mike Shanahan warned the reporters that he would 'only' talk about the next game with Dallas. When the first question concerned his decision to go for a win with a 2 point conversion that failed as time ran out. That presser ended right there. Shanahan wheeled right... and zip... disappeared from the camera, podium ....the room. He was gone ! I kid you not.

Not much on Chicago @ Cleveland.... except that Marc Trestman must have got the QB switch right as he's equally good at communications with both of the 'J' Boys... Jay and Josh.

NO at St. Louis. Nada ! No story there. Of course New Orleans lost on the road.

Mike Tomlin spoke briefly on his teams home surprize for the Bengals. Marvin Lewis said the same things that he always does after a Cincy loss.

Philly took the Vikings with a weaker QB and it's two top RB's out too much for granted or too lightly.

Nothing on KC who demolishes most teams on the road. Leaves that town and it's football team with a zero identity.

Nothing on the Seattle Seahawks shutout over the New York Giants. Tom Coughlin wasn't in any mood for excuses and his team failing badly yesterday. He's Irish !

Nobody cares about the Bills @ Jacksonville.

They have ziltch on Baltimore @ Detroit. Both teams have been receiving training in covert team operations from the Green Bay Packers Head Coach, Mike McCarthy.... at a nominal fee.

Houston @ Indy... see Buffalo @ Jacksonville.

San Francisco @ Tampa Bay....Younger sibling Jim Harbaugh won't say a word about that win in Tampa Bay until after he finds out how older brother John does Vs the Detroit Lions tonight.

Rex Ryan is preparing his speech on his teams latest defeat yesterday at Carolina. Out purchasing some new makeup to be ready tomorrow.

Arizona got such a scare at Tennessee that that teams spokesman has gone speechless.

Nothing new from Denver as Peyton Manning is still thawing out after the San Diego Freeze ... left town.

That's a wrap.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Stud - Packer fans. Sounded like the stadium was half packer fans and you know they were screaming from some cheap seats. Perhaps even some that don't actually exist.

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 02:23 PM

...stat that Pack hadn't won against Dallas at Dallas since 1989

Yes, we know about the Superbowl. Are you related to Terry Bradshaw?

Pugger
12-16-2013, 02:31 PM

I shook my head at that too. :neutral:

Pugger
12-16-2013, 02:32 PM

Are you talking about the SB? Its been YEARS since we've beaten the girls in Dallas.

hoosier
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, we know about the Superbowl. Are you related to Terry Bradshaw?

Are you talking about the SB? Its been YEARS since we've beaten the girls in Dallas.

Reading too fast to see the "against Dallas" fine print. I guess that makes me related to Bradshaw or sleep deprived, which cognitively speaking may amount to the same thing.

KYPack
12-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Studs Boykin he's really coming on, run precise routes and has strong, quick hands. Guy's a 100% er who really takes his job seriously

Daniels always hustling and working hard. I saw him get stoned on two plays. the 3rd rush, he once again gave it all he had and got a great pressure when we needed it.

On the Fox broadcast I watched, the other JJ, Jimmie Johnson said something weird. His post game comment was thar "I should take this time to apologize to Matt Flynn" I presume it for his half time remarks. What did that moron say at half?

CaptainKickass
12-16-2013, 03:33 PM

I like the analogy.

I'd just like to add a visual aid to solidify and reinforce the point you've made and to assist those folks who are more attuned to learning in such a way:

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lindsay-lohan-gif-24.gif

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Studs Boykin he's really coming on, run precise routes and has strong, quick hands. Guy's a 100% er who really takes his job seriously

Daniels always hustling and working hard. I saw him get stoned on two plays. the 3rd rush, he once again gave it all he had and got a great pressure when we needed it.

On the Fox broadcast I watched, the other JJ, Jimmie Johnson said something weird. His post game comment was thar "I should take this time to apologize to Matt Flynn" I presume it for his half time remarks. What did that moron say at half?

I realized how good he's been at the little things after watching the Giants WRs give up a few picks yesterday. He's played DB a couple of times when the ball is poorly thrown. Eli was not having a great game, but a few times his guys were just giving in to the PEDhawks DBs. If Boykin sees an errant pass, he's fighting for it.

Carolina_Packer
12-16-2013, 04:08 PM
You're kidding, right? Clay was completely unblocked and yet whiffed the tackle, hardly a stud play.

I really haven't seen consistent studness from Clay since he came back. He seems to get stood up by tackles, who seldom need help with him. I don't know what's wrong.

But I'm not going to let a Clay kvetch spoil my buzz over a historic comeback -- at Dallas, no less!

I'm glad he whiffed, actually. If he had hit Romo square and sacked him with Romo holding the ball, likely no pass thrown. Him disrupting the play enough to make Romo do a spin move and throw the ball to the wrong hat. That worked for me! :-)

Carolina_Packer
12-16-2013, 04:19 PM
YES, I agree 100% on that one.

I was driving home to NC during the entire game yesterday, so I didn't get to see anything but highlights after. One video that they have posted on the Packers.com web site shows the team coming to the locker room from the field, fresh off the victory. Most all the players are hooting and hollering, some of them stop and say something into the camera. Brad Jones looks pretty stone-faced. See if you think so. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-locker-room-erupts-after-comeback-in-Big-D/e88467e7-700e-4b8f-9121-c3786cc124f6

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I shook my head at that too. :neutral:

The shakes are never good. Have you thought of seeing your doctor?

The only reaction the name Favre gives to me is to picture this:

'Iron Man'.

Then I turn to thinking.... Thinking 'that' departed Green Bay with him.

Guiness
12-16-2013, 04:23 PM

Maybe, but that's not what they said. They said they had not won in Dallas, which obviously they had.

I also heard the bit about Flynn doing something Favre had not by winning in Dallas. That was beyond stupid, comparing Flynn and Favre? What's to compare? It was almost like they had their schtick all laid out, compare the current great Packers QB to the former QB, and when Rodgers had the gall to not show up in uniform, they just adjusted their storyline to compare whoever the hell was under center to Favre.

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe, but that's not what they said. They said they had not won in Dallas, which obviously they had.

I also heard the bit about Flynn doing something Favre had not by winning in Dallas. That was beyond stupid, comparing Flynn and Favre? What's to compare? It was almost like they had their schtick all laid out, compare the current great Packers QB to the former QB, and when Rodgers had the gall to not show up in uniform, they just adjusted their storyline to compare whoever the hell was under center to Favre.

Favre never threw 4 TDs in the 2nd half, either.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 04:35 PM
I like the analogy.

I'd just like to add a visual aid to solidify and reinforce the point you've made and to assist those folks who are more attuned to learning in such a way:

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/lindsay-lohan-gif-24.gif

Is that the latest version of the New Wonder Bra Stress Test?

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 04:44 PM

Did they cover this real news item while trashing the Packers?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/oops-packers-bus-reportedly-runs-over-police-motocycle.html/

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 04:49 PM
I was driving home to NC during the entire game yesterday, so I didn't get to see anything but highlights after. One video that they have posted on the Packers.com web site shows the team coming to the locker room from the field, fresh off the victory. Most all the players are hooting and hollering, some of them stop and say something into the camera. Brad Jones looks pretty stone-faced. See if you think so. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Packers-locker-room-erupts-after-comeback-in-Big-D/e88467e7-700e-4b8f-9121-c3786cc124f6

If you've got a face like Brad Jones would you look happy often?

Would you park it in front of a camera?

Fritz
12-16-2013, 07:27 PM
He looked a little left out.

Guess Lattimore, a soft-spoken guy, fired up the troops at the half. Things like "Come on, fellows, let's keep trying really hard! Go team!"

red
12-16-2013, 09:38 PM

yeah, jones looks like a guy that knows he didn't do a damn thing to help win the game

question.... why is cobb half stripped down in the video?

channtheman
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
He looked a little left out.

Guess Lattimore, a soft-spoken guy, fired up the troops at the half. Things like "Come on, fellows, let's keep trying really hard! Go team!"

:lol:

red
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
i'm guessing lattimore was just venting because he was pissed that he was rotting on the bench while an overpaid POS was sucking up the joint instead of him being out there

Carolina_Packer
12-16-2013, 10:18 PM
i'm guessing lattimore was just venting because he was pissed that he was rotting on the bench while an overpaid POS was sucking up the joint instead of him being out there

QFT...Lattimore seemed very capable when they needed him to start earlier in the year. Jones seems to get washed out of plays, doesn't have a nose for the ball like Lattimore seems to have.

ThunderDan
12-16-2013, 10:51 PM
QFT...Lattimore seemed very capable when they needed him to start earlier in the year. Jones seems to get washed out of plays, doesn't have a nose for the ball like Lattimore seems to have.

Just a thought but the weeks the D played well earlier in the year were when Brad Jones was out with the hamstring? I think so but can't remember.

red
12-16-2013, 11:06 PM

i thought lattimore looked better earlier in the year too

this might be a case of a guy starting because of the size of his pay check

Bossman641
12-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Justin Tucker

channtheman
12-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Justin Tucker

This.

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 11:21 PM
To Justin Tucker...Kicker...Baltimore RAVENS.

:wow: and :bclap: and :thank: