Fritz
12-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Arizona's9-5?

CaptainKickass
12-17-2013, 01:47 AM
Thanks for posting the update Joemailman

Upnorth
12-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Chicago vrs philly, if they stick with cutlery I'll pick philly.
We could beat Pittsburgh without Arod, but I will feel a lot more comfortable if he plays (thank you captain obvious)

QBME
12-17-2013, 07:26 AM
We could beat Pittsburgh without Arod, but I will feel a lot more comfortable if he plays (thank you captain obvious)

We really need Dallas to beat Washington in the early game on Sunday. If Dallas loses, Philly clinches the Division and doesn't need to win over Chicago on Sunday night.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 09:00 AM

I want Aaron Rodgers scan to tell Dr. Patrick McKenzie that he can sign off on AR to prepare 100% to play on Sunday. He needs to play and to shake off the rust. We'll receive something on that as soon as tomorrow (Wed. the 18th Dec.).

WOW ... Christmas is 'only' a week away.

I would feel much more comfortable with that than come what may with Matt Flynn as the QB. We need Aaron Rodgers to advance to and through the playoffs.

I still hold on this point. Aaron Rodgers must be totally cleared medically or shouldn't play.

I'm sure this week-week thing and him back to the team is wearing thin with Aaron Rodgers. He must be 'jack-pumped' to get the ball back and lead the team again on the field.

I'm so hoping for that to happen again... mid week.

GO PACK GO !

pittstang5
12-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Arizona's9-5?

I know, right. They might finish with their best record in years and still not make the playoffs.

pittstang5
12-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Arod coming back would be sweet, but I don't think he's going to be cleared.

Arod has gotten all the attention and rightly so, but Cobb might be back this week too. Arod and Cobb back - now that's just biscuits and gravy.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Key Games this week:

ALL Games in Week 16 are on Sunday Dec. 22, 2013 except Atlanta @ San Francisco on MNF Dec. 23 Dec. 2013.

New Orleans @ Carolina ? Winner > NFCS Leader and Loser < Wild Card #6
( See... Atlanta @ San Fran)

Atlanta at San Francisco ... Projected 'W' San Fran > Projected to 11-5 >>> Wild Card #5.

Arizona @ Seattle - 4:05 PM EST FOX

The Green Bay Packers (7-6-1) host the Steelers this week (see below)

1 PM EST FOX - Dallas at Washington ? We need a Dallas 'W'.

A Dallas win push's the philadelphia Eagles to play hard Vs da Bears ... Chicago @ Philly - Sunday evening.

4:05 PM EST FOX - New York Giants @ ( Detroit on a short week) The Lions now need help to win the NFCN. They must win this game for any real hope of crawling back into the playoff hunt.

4:25 PM EST- CBS -(W1) Pittsburgh @ Green Bay (W2)? ... We win this game 'controlling our own destiny'.

8:30 PM EST- NBC - Chicago @ Philadelphia

Note:

A Chicago loss and a Packer and Lion win/loss this week >>> Gets the Packers to first place in the NFCN to Week 17.

In that scenario and to Week 17:

NFCN Standings:

1st. Packers: 8-6-1 = 1st Place NFCN ............................ and $$$$

2nd. Lions: 8-7 (Defeated the Bears 2X this season.)

3rd. Bears 8-7

4th. Vikings 4-9-1

The Green Bay Packers to win in Chicago in week 17. . . . to secure the NFCN and the playoff's.

It's really simple.

The Packers win out (win the final 2 games) to start another Super Bowl run.

GO PACK - GO PACK GO !

Pugger
12-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Arod coming back would be sweet, but I don't think he's going to be cleared.

Arod has gotten all the attention and rightly so, but Cobb might be back this week too. Arod and Cobb back - now that's just biscuits and gravy.

Boy, if Cobb returns this week his presence will really help especially if Rodgers isn't cleared to play this week.

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 11:05 AM
We really need Dallas to beat Washington in the early game on Sunday. If Dallas loses, Philly clinches the Division and doesn't need to win over Chicago on Sunday night.
This is actually inaccurate. If the Cowboys lose and the Eagles win in week 16 the cowboys can still win the division if they beat the Eagles in week 17. They would both end up with an 8-8 record and the Cowboys would hold the tie breaker since they will have beaten the Eagles twice. The Bears Eagles game doesn't really mean much for either team other than seeding and to the Lions (assuming both the Bears and Packers lose they will control their own destiny again).

***Leaving post for continuity but I intended to say If the Cowboys lose and the Eagles lose in week 16 the cowboys can still win the division if they beat the Eagles in week 17. They would both end up with an 8-8 record and the Cowboys would hold the tie breaker since they will have beaten the Eagles twice

denverYooper
12-17-2013, 11:07 AM
The Eagles will beat the Bears. McCoy might go for 300 that game.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
This is actually inaccurate. If the Cowboys lose and the Eagles win in week 16 the cowboys can still win the division if they beat the Eagles in week 17. They would both end up with an 8-8 record and the Cowboys would hold the tie breaker since they will have beaten the Eagles twice. The Bears Eagles game doesn't really mean much for either team other than seeding and to the Lions (assuming both the Bears and Packers lose they will control their own destiny again).

We need the Cowboys to win over the Skins in order to add incentive to the Philadelphia Eagles to feel a must win need Vs the Bears.

OK? :idea:

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/12/17/5219248/afc-playoffs-picture-scenario-steelers-elimination-postseason-week-16-if

AFC Playoff Picture: Ravens win pulls them within a game of the Bengals, ahead of Miami

By Neal Coolong  @NealCoolong on Dec 17 2013, 5:39 AM

" The Steelers, despite their win over Cincinnati, see themselves all but eliminated, having gained no ground on their improbable run for the postseason. Wins from either Miami (at Buffalo), Baltimore (vs. New England) or San Diego (vs. Oakland) will eliminate the Steelers, as will their own loss at Green Bay. "

GO PACK GO !

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 11:31 AM
If the Packers win, we should actually root for the Bears next week as much as that pains me. The Bears cannot be eliminated in any scenario prior to week 17 so they will have something to play for no matter what the outcome is of week 16. It would only benefit the Packers if the Bears beat the Eagles since if the Packers win out and the Eagles lose one of the next two the NFC North winner would become the 3 seed.
However, all that changes if the Packers lose in week 16. If that happens the Packers would need to get that game back from the Lions and 2 from Chicago (They would get 1 back from beating them in week 17). So in this case, we should hope that the Eagles beat the Bears otherwise the Packers would be eliminated from the playoffs going into week 17.

To put it simply:
Packers Win- Root for the Bears Sunday night
Packers Lose- Root for the Eagles and hope the Lions lose to either the Giants or the Vikings in week 17

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 11:36 AM
We need the Cowboys to win over the Skins in order to add incentive to the Philadelphia Eagles to feel a must win need Vs the Bears.

OK? :idea:
But there is no extra incentive since if the Eagles lose and the Cowboys lose the winner week 17 gets in anyway.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
If the Packers win, we should actually root for the Bears next week as much as that pains me. The Bears cannot be eliminated in any scenario prior to week 17 so they will have something to play for no matter what the outcome is of week 16. It would only benefit the Packers if the Bears beat the Eagles since if the Packers win out and the Eagles lose one of the next two the NFC North winner would become the 3 seed.
However, all that changes if the Packers lose in week 16. If that happens the Packers would need to get that game back from the Lions and 2 from Chicago (They would get 1 back from beating them in week 17). So in this case, we should hope that the Eagles beat the Bears otherwise the Packers would be eliminated from the playoffs going into week 17.

To put it simply:
Packers Win- Root for the Bears Sunday night
Packers Lose- Root for the Eagles and hope the Lions lose to either the Giants or the Vikings in week 17

Yea but the Packers won't lose to the Steelers Eh!?

For us it'll come down to Packers @ Bears in Week 17 and that win puts us in the playoffs.

Believe this:

Aaron Rodgers will be back this week. Believe in that with all your might. That simply makes good sense.

GO PACK GO !

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Yea but the Packers won't lose to the Steelers Eh!?

For us it'll come down to Packers @ Bears in Week 17 and that win puts us in the playoffs.

Believe this:

Aaron Rodgers will be back this week. Believe in that with all your might. That simply makes good sense.

GO PACK GO !

Lets hope they win. And if they do, it'll actually benefit them if the Bears win. Might seem strange but you gotta do what you gotta do..

Joemailman
12-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't care about those other games. The Packers control their own destiny. If they can't beat the Steelers and Bears, I don't think it really matters whether they make the playoffs. If they can't beat those teams, they're not going to be able to beat the likes of the 49ers, Panthers or Saints in the first round of the playoffs.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I don't care about those other games. The Packers control their own destiny. If they can't beat the Steelers and Bears, I don't think it really matters whether they make the playoffs. If they can't beat those teams, they're not going to be able to beat the likes of the 49ers, Panthers or Saints in the first round of the playoffs.

A) If the Packers don't win Vs the Steelers and the Bears their not going to get any chance to prove what they can/can't do in the playoff's.

B) That's moot because with Aaron Rodgers back the Packers will defeat both the Steelers and the Bears.

c) The Packers will be in the playoffs as the NFCN Champion.

GO PACK GO !

channtheman
12-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Shouldn't we all hope the Cowboys win their next two games? They would be 9-7 and winners of the putrid NFC east. We would be the 3rd seed at 9-6-1.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Shouldn't we all hope the Cowboys win their next two games? They would be 9-7 and winners of the putrid NFC east. We would be the 3rd seed at 9-6-1.

Yes...the remaining games in the NFC involving any team that is mathematically eligible to make the playoffs are certainly important to the Green Bay Packers from an overall standpoint. Your analysis is accurate and reveals a best case scenario. Thanks.

We simply do what we can:

i) Play Pittsburgh at Lambeau Field in Week 16 and win.

ii) Play Chicago in Chicago and win.

Go into the playoffs and win...win the next game one win at a time.

Bring the word 'FEAR' back to any conversation among the media and the NFL experts and the Green Bay Packers.

GO PACK GO !

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 08:51 PM
First of all, they must beat the Bears. There is no scenario in which they get in without beating the Bears. Second, how in the world does that logic work? In 2010 the Packers lost to the eventual 7-9 Dolphins at home. If they couldn't beat them, they must not be good enough to win the Super Bowl right? The Packers will either be without their star quarterback or will be playing with a quarterback that hasn't played in about 2 months. A team that loses under those circumstances doesn't quite equate to saying they can't win the playoffs under different circumstances.
Lastly, we can all agree that in general the 3 seed is better than the 4 seed right? Any potential 2 seed will be better than going and playing Seattle, right? They would also have a greater chance at having the championship game in Green Bay. The Packers control their own destiny for making the playoffs but they need help in achieving the 3 seed. They need to make the playoffs first and foremost and that's why it benefits them if Packers win and Bears win but if the Packers lose they will need help again and will need the Bears to lose.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
First of all, they must beat the Bears. There is no scenario in which they get in without beating the Bears. Second, how in the world does that logic work? In 2010 the Packers lost to the eventual 7-9 Dolphins at home. If they couldn't beat them, they must not be good enough to win the Super Bowl right? The Packers will either be without their star quarterback or will be playing with a quarterback that hasn't played in about 2 months. A team that loses under those circumstances doesn't quite equate to saying they can't win the playoffs under different circumstances.
Lastly, we can all agree that in general the 3 seed is better than the 4 seed right? Any potential 2 seed will be better than going and playing Seattle, right? They would also have a greater chance at having the championship game in Green Bay. The Packers control their own destiny for making the playoffs but they need help in achieving the 3 seed. They need to make the playoffs first and foremost and that's why it benefits them if Packers win and Bears win but if the Packers lose they will need help again and will need the Bears to lose.

A very fine, detailed and accurate post.

Nice work. :-)

Repped.

PACKERS !

Packman_26
12-17-2013, 09:05 PM
It's not so much as hoping the Cowboys win as it is needing the Eagles to lose a game but that could mean hoping the Cowboys beat the Eagles in week 17. Unless you would rather have the Cowboys in the playoffs than the Eagles, the Cowboys are only important in the regard that they play the Eagles in week 17. I'd argue that the Eagles have a slightly higher chance of knocking off the better teams than the Cowboys but that's minimal and debatable.