PDA

View Full Version : LIONS LOSE TWO STRAIGHT ... Jim Schwartz unlikely to keep job if Lions miss playoffs

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Jim Schwartz unlikely to keep job if Lions miss playoffs

By Dan Hanzus ... Around the League Writer

Published: Dec. 16, 2013 at 08:26 p.m.

Updated: Dec. 16, 2013 at 09:27 p.m.

" Jim Schwartz has reached the put-up-or-shut-up stage of his career with the Detroit Lions.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Schwartz is unlikely to keep his coaching job if the Lions miss the postseason, according to team sources."

Please click on the LINK above for this story.

CaptainKickass
12-17-2013, 12:16 AM
Dear Detroit Lions,

Please do not fire your coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHw6KXbvazs

digitaldean
12-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Dear Detroit Lions,

Please do not fire your coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHw6KXbvazs

Now...the real question....

Who is Lonestar on the Lions and who is Dark Helmet??

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Now...the real question....

Who is Lonestar on the Lions and who is Dark Helmet??

mmmm that will take some thought...sleeping on it.

Good Night all....it's almost 2 AM.

WARNING !!!!

If you post after 2 AM>>> Packerrats may CRASH !

Fritz
12-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Dear Ford Family,

You have always been considered by coaches and GM's around the league to be one of the best owners to work for. You don't want to mess that up, do you?

PS - if you're gonna give The Schvantz another chance this year, you do realize you're gonna need help for him to get in? Why concha fire him now for blowing it when his team controlled its own destiny?

QBME
12-17-2013, 06:40 AM
WARNING !!!!

If you post after 2 AM>>> Packerrats may CRASH !

LOL - Once bitten twice shy, eh Woody?

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 06:55 AM
LOL - Once bitten twice shy, eh Woody?

I'm affected by such things....It's that Irish in my blood.

My Mother raised her children based on many traditions from the Old Country. We learned to respect many superstitions.

A lot of it is simply funny stuff but all the same..... I do pay attention.

Joemailman
12-17-2013, 06:58 AM
It's bad luck to be superstitious.

KYPack
12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Little Jimmy Schwartz.

His credibility is so low, he has to get his neighbor to call his dog.

The poor pooch won't come to the door if little Jimmy calls him because he just doesn't believe him.

Iron Mike
12-17-2013, 07:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXOAc5yt218

pbmax
12-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Dear Ford Family,

You have always been considered by coaches and GM's around the league to be one of the best owners to work for. You don't want to mess that up, do you?

PS - if you're gonna give The Schvantz another chance this year, you do realize you're gonna need help for him to get in? Why concha fire him now for blowing it when his team controlled its own destiny?

In that game, I would say it was the QB who is holding the team back now.

bobblehead
12-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Little Jimmy Schwartz.

His credibility is so low, he has to get his neighbor to call his dog.

The poor pooch won't come to the door if little Jimmy calls him because he just doesn't believe him.

I'm waiting for the youtube video of a High school kid stomping on someone and seeing Schwartz smile on the sideline. 3 for 3.

Pugger
12-17-2013, 09:43 AM

True, Stafford didn't play well last night but that team screwed themselves by not taking control of this division after Rodgers and Cutler went down. Yes, they smoked us on turkey day but there were other games during this stretch where they made a lot of boneheaded decisions and found ways to lose winnable games left and right. Last night's game was the coupe de gras and now they are the ones needing help.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 07:20 PM

The official on the back line missing the arm bar on the Lion receiver on a pass from Stafford didn't help Jim Schwartz. An NFL HC should be able to challenge for such a misses call. It's crap like that that's costing NFL HC's too much ... too often.

If they get the PI call there it's an almost sure six points more and an entirely different game and possible result.

Matthew Stafford hasn't been sharp over the past while:

http://www.nfl.com/player/matthewstafford/79860/profile

He is a career 3-11 in the month of December.

Have the big three of Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush been churning out production the past three weeks?

The Lions have lost 4 of the past 5 games ( Steelers, BUC's, Eagles and Ravens) with that lone victory over the Green Bay packers on Thanksgiving day.

An analysis would more than likely reveal that it's not all on Jim Schwartz.

Guiness
12-17-2013, 07:44 PM
The official on the back line missing the arm bar on the Lion receiver on a pass from Stafford didn't help Jim Schwartz. An NFL HC should be able to challenge for such a misses call. It's crap like that that's costing NFL HC's too much ... too often.

I'm I the only one that thought the arm bar was a thing of beauty? DB showed great athleticism, not letting the WR pull away from him to the arm was extended and hiding the fact he was doing it from the ref with his body! Skill like that has to be appreciated :)

King Friday
12-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Little Jimmy has run an undisciplined ship since day one. That lack of emphasis on the little things is what has caused the team to unravel when they can least afford it.

Consistently successful teams all have one thing in common...discipline. Sure, an undisciplined team can ride a string of good luck for a few games or even an entire season occasionally...but they quickly fall to the wayside over the long run.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm I the only one that thought the arm bar was a thing of beauty? DB showed great athleticism, not letting the WR pull away from him to the arm was extended and hiding the fact he was doing it from the ref with his body! Skill like that has to be appreciated :)

Hi Guiness:

The Back Line judge was located on the goal line side of the back line and about 20-25 yards from that PI (arm bar) and at almost a perpendicular angle to that PI. That official had a clear view of that PI....of the Ravens defender holding the wrist of the Lions intended receiver.

The upfield Official may 'in fact' have been screened from a good view of the PI. That back Line judge certainly wasn't.

The back line judge either ignored the PI or he needs corrective vision or renewed corrective vision. Something is clearly wrong with why that PI wasn't called. That must be stopped in the NFL.

Why did John Gruden make special time to show and discuss that PI? Why did John Gruden comment on the Back Line judge as I have?

Because that was just another PI call that was missed and costly to the offended team. Just another costly miss by another team of NFL Officials that certainly contributed to an outcome favoring the Baltimore Ravens.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Little Jimmy has run an undisciplined ship since day one. That lack of emphasis on the little things is what has caused the team to unravel when they can least afford it.

Consistently successful teams all have one thing in common...discipline. Sure, an undisciplined team can ride a string of good luck for a few games or even an entire season occasionally...but they quickly fall to the wayside over the long run.

Don't we associate the word 'smart' with 'disciplined'?

It's a proven fact. That approx. 80% of the time in a matchup involving a recognized 'smart' team Vs a non-smart team.

The smart team will win.

bobblehead
12-18-2013, 06:33 AM

Schwarz is just another in a long line of fiery DC's that don't cut it as top dog material. Guys who think their shit don't stink, but find out the hard way that the Peter principle is alive and well.

Glanville, Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Singletary, Scwartz, Pete Caroll before he discovered drugs. These guys are all the same, they put a swagger in a dead franchise, but 9-7 is about as far as the turnaround goes. They are all incapable of the discipline ultimately needed to win the big one.

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Schwarz is just another in a long line of fiery DC's that don't cut it as top dog material. Guys who think their shit don't stink, but find out the hard way that the Peter principle is alive and well.

Glanville, Buddy Ryan, Rex Ryan, Singletary, Scwartz, Pete Caroll before he discovered drugs. These guys are all the same, they put a swagger in a dead franchise, but 9-7 is about as far as the turnaround goes. They are all incapable of the discipline ultimately needed to win the big one.

I'm not trying to pin you down here and 'of course' you may decline to answer this question but all the same;

Is it your position to disagree with a large proportion of NFL experts that feel that the Seattle Seahawks will win the next Super Bowl?

Smeefers
12-18-2013, 07:59 AM
I am firmly against using replay for penalties for the simple fact that a penalty could be called on just about any play in a game. Someone's always holding, or twitching, or picking, or leading with a helmet. Do you really want big plays overturned because a lineman had a hand on the outside of a shoulder pad instead of the inside? Where does it stop? I like the human element. Every team has to beat the other team, but they also have to beat the refs.

Cleft Crusty
12-18-2013, 08:24 AM
Don't we associate the word 'smart' with 'disciplined'?

It's a proven fact. That approx. 80% of the time in a matchup involving a recognized 'smart' team Vs a non-smart team.

The smart team will win.

I assume you extracted these 'stats' and 'proven facts' from your rectum

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 08:31 AM
I assume you extracted these 'stats' and 'proven facts' from your rectum

I'll assume that you're ignorant 'M'. . . . and that's acceptable. :jig:

pbmax
12-18-2013, 09:32 AM

I think this is one reason you DON'T give coaches the ability to challenge those calls is precisely this. Despite the heavy penalty, DBs are always using illegal tactics to keep a WR in check.

Sometimes the guy is too big to hold, sometimes the DB is just beaten, but its happens most plays. Just like holding on the o line and traveling in basketball, the only travesty worse than not calling it would be the penalty fest of calling it.