PDA

View Full Version : Official Steelers Discussion Thread

denverYooper
12-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers ‏@steelers 13m
We have placed LaMarr Woodley on IR and signed linebacker Jamaal Westerman to fill the roster spot.

Freak Out
12-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow. Big for this week. Should be a hell of a game this weekend. Soooo much riding on this one for both teams. I like the Packers chances though.

red
12-17-2013, 02:57 PM
i don't know, i can see a steelers team that just doesn't care too much

they're out of the playoffs and they played lights out against the bengals this weekend because thats a huge rivalry, they might have just used everything left in the tank

i could see them having a big letdown a week after a big emotional win

good news on woodley being out

Pugger
12-17-2013, 06:00 PM
i don't know, i can see a steelers team that just doesn't care too much

they're out of the playoffs and they played lights out against the bengals this weekend because thats a huge rivalry, they might have just used everything left in the tank

i could see them having a big letdown a week after a big emotional win

good news on woodley being out

I think they are still mathematically in the running for a WC spot.

red
12-17-2013, 06:36 PM

yeah i guess they are

however, the dolphins play at noon, if they win, then the steelers are eliminated before our kickoff

i think

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 06:57 PM

Yes... there is a small glimmer of light at the end of as their vdark and narrow tunnel.

The Packer secondary has to be sharper for a full 60 minutes. Ben Roethlisberger isn't having a terrible season with 3915 Yards passing (64.8 %) 25 TDS - 11 Picks and a QB Rating of 94.3. He's been sacked 40 times. He has been up and down in terms of passing yards with 'only' two games of the last six passing for > 300 yards. In that span he's had 13 TD's and 'only 2 picks and sacked nine times.

Big Ben's favourite targets are:

#1 WR Antonio Brown 95 receptions for 1,307 Yards [B]a 13.8 Y/Avg. a Lg. of 56 Yards and 8 TD's

WR Emmanuel Sanders 63 receptions for 707 Yards a 11.2 Y/Avg. and a Lg. of 55 Yards and5 TD's.

TE Heath Miller with 53 receptions and 559 yards a 10.5 Yard Avg. a Lg. of 31 Yards and 1 TD.

RB Le'Veon Bell 43 receptions for 388 yards a 9.0 Yard Avg. and a Lg. of 43 yards and 0 TD's.

WR Jerricho Cotchery with 42 receptions for 568 yards a 13.5 Yard Avg. and a Lg. of 36 Yards and 9 TD's

Steeler Rushing:

Le'Veon Bell has 198 Carries for 646 yards a 3.3 Yard Avg and a longest run of 43 Yards and 6 TD's.. Le'Veon Bell also has 646 Yards passing for a total of 1034 Yards.

Jonathan Dwyer has 45 Carries for 180 yards or a 4.0 Yd. Avg. and a Long of 30 yards and 0 TD's.

and this gut... Felix Jones with 45 Carries for 166 yards a 3.7 Y/Avg. with a long of 14 Yds. and 0 TD's.

GO PACKERS !

KYPack
12-17-2013, 07:36 PM
I watched a few slivers of that Steeler Bengal game. I picked up something that was interesting. The Steeler offense is still run pass. But the passing phase is much different under Haley than it was Bruce Arians. Lots of quicks and 3 step drops. The announcers said that this was a conscious change on the part of Pitt. Tomlin felt Big Ben was taking too much abuse under the old offense and wanted to go that way, so Arians was dismissed.

Ben R is firing the ball out in a hurry. Cincy didn't seem to adjust their D to that, we need to be alert for the quick passing game.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I watched a few slivers of that Steeler Bengal game. I picked up something that was interesting. The Steeler offense is still run pass. But the passing phase is much different under Haley than it was Bruce Arians. Lots of quicks and 3 step drops. The announcers said that this was a conscious change on the part of Pitt. Tomlin felt Big Ben was taking too much abuse under the old offense and wanted to go that way, so Arians was dismissed.

Ben R is firing the ball out in a hurry. Cincy didn't seem to adjust their D to that, we need to be alert for the quick passing game.

Ben is also somewhat intimidating in the manner that he operates as a field general; and especially as a game is close and closing down. The Packers cannot allow Big Ben to jump out front early in the game.... build on that before our offense gets into gear.

The Packer players have to be ready and psyched/motivated ..look alive at the beginning of this huge game.

Slow out of the gate will really suck against this team.

I haven't taken the time to do a detailed analysis but I will do so soon.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-Tuesday-Top-5-vs-Packers/71eddba6-8913-4d58-a95e-40808ee41483

Tomlin Tuesday: Top 5 vs. Packers

Posted 5 hours ago

By: Teresa Varley ... Steelers.com

Steelers HC Coach (Mike) Tomlin talks about Garvin's hit, weather in Green Bay and more.

Comment woodbuck27:

He's talking about weather in Green Bay. With that leak...that Packers have him now. :wink:

GO PACKERS ..GO PACK GO !

MadtownPacker
12-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Ben R is firing the ball out in a hurry. Cincy didn't seem to adjust their D to that, we need to be alert for the quick passing game.That's a man posting right there. Facing the facts, unlike red who prays his opponent will take it easy on him instead of handling his own damn business. Great example of mice and men. Let's also not forget that recent Packers SB victory that might give Pig Ben some motivation to ruin the G&G season even if his is already over at kickoff.

pittstang5
12-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll just stick with my usual M.O. - Packers defense sucks, same shit every week, receivers running free in the secondary, can't tackle, run game can't stop an old lady with a walker, Rothelsomething will look like Peyton Manning...yada, yada yada....

Seriously though, Packers could lose this one just as easily as they could win. Pressure B.R. consistently and stop the run, Packers win. Rodgers plays, probably a win.

woodbuck27
12-17-2013, 08:51 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers 2013 Schedule

What have the Steelers done this season? Wins and Loss's!? SCORES.

http://www.steelers.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

GO PACK GO !

Cleft Crusty
12-18-2013, 08:21 AM

I wonder if the Packers D has ever lined up against a QB that is able to get the ball out in a hurry. Perhaps in training camp and practice every day?

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I wonder if the Packers D has ever lined up against a QB that is able to get the ball out in a hurry. Perhaps in training camp and practice every day?

What era of the Green Bay Packers are you referring to in your reference?

The Packers 'D' certainly hasn't seen such a QB in any TC or practice for a long long time.

a) I'm guessing that you disassociate getting rid of the ball fast....and SACKS.

b) Are you referring to the Brett Favre era or before that?

c) Who are these Packer QB's?

Thanks for your time... much appreciated.

GO PACK GO !

Tony Oday
12-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Pack lose big but so do the kittens and the cubs.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Pack lose big but so do the kittens and the cubs.

I had forgotten Tony's efforts in this area to reverse jinx the Pack. Good work.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131217/PKR01/312170350/Rodgers-hopeful-play-Sunday-against-Steelers?nclick_check=1

A doctor for another NFL team told Press-Gazette Media recently that he likes to wait at least eight weeks to clear a player who has a mild collarbone break, which is reportedly what Rodgers has, because the blood supply to such an injury is poor. By that timetable, Rodgers is at least a week away from clearance.

I think this means there is a good chance Rodgers plays this week, assuming the injury under discussion here is an accurate reflection of Rodgers collarbone.

denverYooper
12-18-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131217/PKR01/312170350/Rodgers-hopeful-play-Sunday-against-Steelers?nclick_check=1

I think this means there is a good chance Rodgers plays this week, assuming the injury under discussion here is an accurate reflection of Rodgers collarbone.

Sunday will be 7 weeks exactly. I remember early on that Rodgers mentioned the "risk/reward" conversation and now he's back to that again. The reward now is pretty clear -- win and in to the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-18-2013, 10:03 AM
tim van vooren ‏@tvvfoxsix 3m
#packers last game 37-36 over Dallas. Last r.s. meeting with #steelers 37-36 loss. Remember Josh Bell?

George Cumby
12-18-2013, 10:30 AM
This could go either way. And if Rodgers does play, I do have some concerns about him being crisp.

red
12-18-2013, 10:32 AM
we should hear about the results at any time now, i would guess they would have performed the scan this morning before practice

channtheman
12-18-2013, 12:26 PM
we should hear about the results at any time now, i would guess they would have performed the scan this morning before practice

Then we'll hear that he's out with cancer after all these fucking CT scans.

Cleft Crusty
12-18-2013, 12:35 PM
What era of the Green Bay Packers are you referring to in your reference?

The Packers 'D' certainly hasn't seen such a QB in any TC or practice for a long long time.

a) I'm guessing that you disassociate getting rid of the ball fast....and SACKS.

b) Are you referring to the Brett Favre era or before that?

c) Who are these Packer QB's?

Thanks for your time... much appreciated.

GO PACK GO !

Do you actually watch football, or just spout nonsense? If you have games on tape or DVR, go back and see how quickly Rodgers gets the ball out on most plays.

Fritz
12-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Do you actually watch football, or just spout nonsense? If you have games on tape or DVR, go back and see how quickly Rodgers gets the ball out on most plays.

I don't think it's an "A" or "B" question with Woody.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:08 PM
M3 Presser:

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
MM: Randall Cobb was back at practice for the first time. He was limited. Good job in strength/conditioning. Good to have him out there

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m
McCarthy on Rodgers: Aaron is doing better. Still has not been cleared by the medical staff. Similar work pattern to last wk. Looked sharp.

Logically, I cannot fathom how if today he isn't cleared that he can be clear on Friday, but we'll see I guess.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:09 PM
The reporters only get to witness a portion of the whole:

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 11m
New blog post: Rodgers looks good at Wednesday practice http://t.co/kREmVjEaAb

QBME
12-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Per MM presser - Rodgers still not cleared to play, limited participation in practice, not ruled out, wouldn't comment on whether another scan would be done this week.

Fritz
12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Sounded like a "probably not" to me. Damn. I thought maybe Rodgers would be cleared today.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
MM: We're going to take some process to last week as far as getting him(Rodgers) cleared. Similar team work to last week

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m
MM says "will take the week" to determine Rodgers' availability, like they did last week. Similar number of 11-11 reps.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
McCarthy says #Packers will take "similar" approach with Rodgers as last week. Said "same" first, then corrected self.

WILDE IS LIKE A STATE DEPT or DEFENSE DEPT ANALYST READING PRAVDA. THERE ARE CLUES BURIED IN SEMANTICS WRAPPED IN BANALITIES.

Genaro C. Armas ‏@GArmasAP 5m
#Packers: Lacy sat out today but no concern about availability. SHould be ready Sunday for Steelers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 6m
MM: Just being smart with Eddie Lacy. He's carried a lot this year. I feel good about him being ready for Sunday

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
MM: Id say our team is definitely more confident. Everyone understands what's in front of us. View as a semifinal game against physical team

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m
McCarthy on Bell: Very talented. We liked him coming out. A good football player. Defense has a lot of respect for him.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 6m
McCarthy on concern of a letdown after emotional win: "I'm concerned about letdown. History would tell you your team is open to that."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4m
MM: Able to make corrections on defense through course of game. Too many mistakes, but we adjusted. Different scheme coming in this week.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
MM on 12: "There's a lot more communication. I think everybody's on the same page. Emotion is always involved when big decisions are made."

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
That's all for MM. Wouldn't comment on if there's another scan planned this week

GIVE RAPPAPORT 15 MINUTES AND HE WILL HAVE AN ITEM ON WHEN THE SCAN IS, IT WILL BE WRONG AND A DAY LATE, BUT WE KNOW ITS COMING

Cleft Crusty
12-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Then we'll hear that he's out with cancer after all these fucking CT scans.

Exactly right. Lay off the radiation. Clefty did some reporting and there doesn't seem to be a Orthopedic surgeon out there who would ever order a scan for an non-displaced fracture like Rodger's. Clefty thinks players are getting very bad advice and medical treatment from some sports doc weenies who really don't know what they're doing, much like the KC hack who operated on Sherrod.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Exactly right. Lay off the radiation. Clefty did some reporting and there doesn't seem to be a Orthopedic surgeon out there who would ever order a scan for an non-displaced fracture like Rodger's. Clefty thinks players are getting very bad advice and medical treatment from some sports doc weenies who really don't know what they're doing, much like the KC hack who operated on Sherrod.

Was that any kind of emergency situation, did it need to be operated on immediately or could be have been transported to South Carolina.

The Packers should just duplicate the UPS Zone chart, but instead of entering you ZIP code you punch in the injury and it tells you where to land the ambulance.

Fritz
12-18-2013, 01:22 PM
MM sounds surlier and surlier every year.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:23 PM
What if McCarthy tells Rodgers there was never a chance to play inside 8 weeks next Wednesday?

We should poll about which crime Rodgers is likely to commit.

Cleft Crusty
12-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Was that any kind of emergency situation, did it need to be operated on immediately or could be have been transported to South Carolina.

The Packers should just duplicate the UPS Zone chart, but instead of entering you ZIP code you punch in the injury and it tells you where to land the ambulance.

When you get a complex fracture, you should go to an ortho trauma doc who handles complex fractures all the time, instead of a fool sports guy who has to make it all up from scratch because he mostly drives around in knees with a scope and a little shaving tool. Sherrod should sue for malpractice, and Rodgers should do the same if he develops cancer in the next ten years. Apparently, one CT scan is like 500 x-rays and is the yearly equivalent of max radiation dose your body can take. May as well send Rodgers into the Japanese reactor with a mop and bucket for a few minutes.

pbmax
12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
When you get a complex fracture, you should go to an ortho trauma doc who handles complex fractures all the time, instead of a fool sports guy who has to make it all up from scratch because he mostly drives around in knees with a scope and a little shaving tool. Sherrod should sue for malpractice, and Rodgers should do the same if he develops cancer in the next ten years. Apparently, one CT scan is like 500 x-rays and is the yearly equivalent of max radiation dose your body can take. May as well send Rodgers into the Japanese reactor with a mop and bucket for a few minutes.

I don't think he is getting a CT scan weekly or even bi-weekly. Last time I tried to confirm it, I think he had not gotten a scan in back to back weeks where there was positive conformation from M3 or Rodgers about any scan. If only one CT scan was done (recently), then there might not be any others. McKenzie could be waiting for the magical 8 week period to elapse as per Dr. Red.

QBME
12-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I read these tweets from Vandermause:

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1h
Based on way Rodgers was flinging missiles today at practice, my sense is he really, really and I mean REALLY wants to play. #Packers
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Reporters were ushered out of Hutson Center before team drills so we don't know how many, or if Rodgers took snaps with No. 1 offense.

Rodgers looked good today. During individual drills he rolled right, cut back to his left and rifled pass on run. #Packers

Based on absolutely nothing else except my optimistic homerism, I think that Rodgers was told if he can go absolutely full speed at practice on Wednesday and Thursday (maybe even Friday), and have zero lingering pain or effects, they'll clear him to play. Of course that's just my opinion.

I could be wrong.

Freak Out
12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Just play the guy and get it over with for fucks sake. Hell....keep Kuhn out there every play to block for him if you want.

bobblehead
12-19-2013, 12:18 AM

a binary decision isn't "a" or "b" with woody

CaptainKickass
12-19-2013, 03:21 AM
http://chicago.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/01/benro.jpg

hoosier
12-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I read these tweets from Vandermause:

Based on way Rodgers was flinging missiles today at practice, my sense is he really, really and I mean REALLY wants to play. #Packers

Reporters were ushered out of Hutson Center before team drills so we don't know how many, or if Rodgers took snaps with No. 1 offense.

Rodgers looked good today. During individual drills he rolled right, cut back to his left and rifled pass on run. #Packers

Based on absolutely nothing else except my optimistic homerism, I think that Rodgers was told if he can go absolutely full speed at practice on Wednesday and Thursday (maybe even Friday), and have zero lingering pain or effects, they'll clear him to play. Of course that's just my opinion.

I could be wrong.

Not clearing him till Friday could also be gamesmanship, forcing Steelers to prepare for Flynn as well as Rodgers. Unless Flynn's skill set doesn't require much prep.

Tony Oday
12-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Well even with AR this team proves that we will lose this week because we need the win...of course so will the Bears and the Lions will win.

Pugger
12-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Yesterday Tomlin said they are preparing to face Flynn. He doesn't seem to think Rodgers will play on Sunday.

Pugger
12-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Well even with AR this team proves that we will lose this week because we need the win...of course so will the Bears and the Lions will win.

I thought we needed the last 2 games...

Harlan Huckleby
12-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Yesterday Tomlin said they are preparing to face Flynn. He doesn't seem to think Rodgers will play on Sunday.
I guess that settles it. :-P

I worry about Rodgers being sharp for the Chicago finale if he comes back cold.

denverYooper
12-19-2013, 09:41 AM

In Tony's scenario, the division comes down to the last game and the possibility that the Packers win the division at 8-7-1. A GB + Chi loss would give the Lions control of their destiny. The Packers get in without any help by winning the last 2.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2013, 10:01 AM
I guess that settles it. :-P

I worry about Rodgers being sharp for the Chicago finale if he comes back cold.

Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold...In space. And in Soldier Field.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 11:57 AM

Dear Lord you need some help (whoever you are today).

Cleft, your certainly under armed here. Do you often take an air gun into a real battle?

My Lady or Mae 'bless her heart', would laugh / smile at you Cleft and deem 'your out to lunch' on this one.

Mae's often see's Aaron Rodgers (she loves football ) and remarks ... "Why is he so slow releasing the ball...what's that all about, Eddie? Look at that... what's his problem...throw the ball... anytime now." I just laugh. :-D

Then she pins me down. " So he's the NFL MVP...what..when? " I explain it to here best I can.

You know .... I've learned all the tactics here at Packerrats . The standard stuff:

The classic...."Aaron doesn't want to lower his QB Rating", argument.

I try hard to explain.

Mae simply won't buy into that. Mae says: " QB Rating ... nuts for that ! The handsome fool is going to get his ass busted. Then where's his value?"

I don't give up and go to the The confusing / Confuse her, argument:

"Aaron doesn't want to turn the ball over...get picked." argument. That doesn't work because she equates holding onto the ball and getting SACKED and sometimes fumbling as "turning the ball over... some of the time".

Desperately I go to the Sympathy Argument "Aaron wants to do the best he can to protect the ball."

Mae .... comes back with... " Why attract all that attention."

Mae's relentless on Aaron Rodgers slow release.

She's certainly not among the 'PACKER LOYAL'. She loves the NFL and accepts my love for the Packers; but cautions me with... " Ed their NOT very good you know." She has this notion that teams like Seattle, San Fran, New Orleans and even Carolina would own the Packers in the playoff's; even if they were so fortunate ( well ... she says ...LUCKY) to even get there.

She watches Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco moreso for their style of play, I think. Sometimes she softens and admits she wants to become a Packer fan but something about that bugs her. She has this bad feeling about our team.

In any case to each his/her own. To stay on topic or focused. I can't get her to truly appreciate Aaron Rodgers. She finds fault with the speed of his release and how he 'must' thereby deal with QB pressure.

Mae is sure that Aaron Rodgers holds for too slow a release. That compared to others.

Mae goes on with " There he goes...down on his ass again ... get rid of the ball Rodgers, before they haul you into the locker room ".

It gets terrible watching some Packer games with Mae. I handle that with laughter. :-D

Mae's impressed with just how rough the game is on... slow QB's like Aaron Rodgers.

Mae says... " You can't pass the ball very well at all ...on your ass ... Rodgers. "

It's so hard sometimes. She's very passionate.

I've watched a lot of football , Cleft. I watch [B]and I see. In any case where I need to see more. I record games to review for better understanding. Sometimes I do reviews months, even years after I recorded them.

You might try that Cleft, rather than focusing on being so 'full of yourself'. Insulting when it's not deserved nor constructive. That form of behaviour is like pissing all over yourself. You know what I mean, Cleft.

I was going to leave this right there. Maybe 'you' don't deserve to know the TRUTH. Leave you to 'your thing'. Plodding through life with your bad manner (s) / way (s) works for you I expect that, YOU live the best 'YOU' can. Sometimes life's hard for some people.

We're Packerrats and it gets to this sometimes. Mano O Mano. Sometimes really silly crap. An insult (slam) against what I truly am .... deserves more than the other cheek. It's all about the topic and the TRUTH.

Aaron Rodgers release and you deem that fast...NO !

I contradict 'YOU', Cleft. I want you to know differently. That's my duty as a nice guy. :razz:

Really it's in the TRUTH. Mae knows the TRUTH and Aaron Rodgers and his release. You deserve that much too, Cleft.

Read this for some knowledge. Anyone who pretends to be a football guru of 'some' knowledge often appreciates a little help. I'm always here for that Cleft:

This will inform you that in a recent study by a respected NFL football site:

Aaron Rodgers among 27 measured 'pocket passers' was ranked 23rd of 27 in terms of his pass release. As an NFL QB...Aaron Rodgers has a slow release Cleft. When he does get it off...look out. That result is too often NOT very good for the opposition. There....... I'm off topic.

Cleft .... Maybe now....you can help me?

How am I supposed to admit that Mae was right on RE: Aaron Rodgers and 'SLOW RELEASE"? Wait..... I've got it....No problem as Mae's a very smart lady and generally right. I like to look at it this way. She's with me and that's pretty great.

I've got lots more if your unconvinced. Anytime-Anything you're confused about. Just a tap on my shoulder...ask with some tact :-):

ENJOY THE READ, Cleft.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0810/20130810__20130811_C13_SP11FBNKLIS~p1_200.jpg

Mae just asked me...." Is that Aaron Rodgers releasing the ball?"

Mae's ' a hoot ' !

What am I ever going to do with her? Good thing Mae's as lovely as she's smart.

http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_23837772/

Klis: Passing judgment: Slow release painful

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post ... Posted: 08/11/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT

Bye bye, Cleft.

GO PACK ... GO PACKERS GO !

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 12:14 PM

If Pittsburgh actually handles us this Sunday...we have to hope that both the Lions and Bears lose.

Don't worry that's moot. The Packers will defeat the Steelers.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Dear Lord you need some help (whoever you are today).

Cleft, your certainly under armed here. Do you often take an air gun into a real battle?

My Lady or Mae 'bless her heart', would laugh / smile at you Cleft and deem 'your out to lunch' on this one.

Mae's often see's Aaron Rodgers (she loves football ) and remarks ... "Why is he so slow releasing the ball...what's that all about, Eddie? Look at that... what's his problem...throw the ball... anytime now." I just laugh. :-D

Then she pins me down. " So he's the NFL MVP...what..when? " I explain it to here best I can.

You know .... I've learned all the tactics here at Packerrats . The standard stuff:

The classic...."Aaron doesn't want to lower his QB Rating", argument.

I try hard to explain.

Mae simply won't buy into that. Mae says: " QB Rating ... nuts for that ! The handsome fool is going to get his ass busted. Then where's his value?"

I don't give up and go to the The confusing / Confuse her, argument:

"Aaron doesn't want to turn the ball over...get picked." argument. That doesn't work because she equates holding onto the ball and getting SACKED and sometimes fumbling as "turning the ball over... some of the time".

Desperately I go to the Sympathy Argument "Aaron wants to do the best he can to protect the ball."

Mae .... comes back with... " Why attract all that attention."

Mae's relentless on Aaron Rodgers slow release.

She's certainly not among the 'PACKER LOYAL'. She loves the NFL and accepts my love for the Packers; but cautions me with... " Ed their NOT very good you know." She has this notion that teams like Seattle, San Fran, New Orleans and even Carolina would own the Packers in the playoff's; even if they were so fortunate ( well ... she says ...LUCKY) to even get there.

She watches Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco moreso for their style of play, I think. Sometimes she softens and admits she wants to become a Packer fan but something about that bugs her. She has this bad feeling about our team.

In any case to each his/her own. To stay on topic or focused. I can't get her to truly appreciate Aaron Rodgers. She finds fault with the speed of his release and how he 'must' thereby deal with QB pressure.

Mae is sure that Aaron Rodgers holds for too slow a release. That compared to others.

Mae goes on with " There he goes...down on his ass again ... get rid of the ball Rodgers, before they haul you into the locker room ".

It gets terrible watching some Packer games with Mae. I handle that with laughter. :-D

Mae's impressed with just how rough the game is on... slow QB's like Aaron Rodgers.

Mae says... " You can't pass the ball very well at all ...on your ass ... Rodgers. "

It's so hard sometimes. She's very passionate.

I've watched a lot of football , Cleft. I watch [B]and I see. In any case where I need to see more. I record games to review for better understanding. Sometimes I do reviews months, even years after I recorded them.

You might try that Cleft, rather than focusing on being so 'full of yourself'. Insulting when it's not deserved nor constructive. That form of behaviour is like pissing all over yourself. You know what I mean, Cleft.

I was going to leave this right there. Maybe 'you' don't deserve to know the TRUTH. Leave you to 'your thing'. Plodding through life with your bad manner (s) / way (s) works for you I expect that, YOU live the best 'YOU' can. Sometimes life's hard for some people.

We're Packerrats and it gets to this sometimes. Mano O Mano. Sometimes really silly crap. An insult (slam) against what I truly am .... deserves more than the other cheek. It's all about the topic and the TRUTH.

Aaron Rodgers release and you deem that fast...NO !

I contradict 'YOU', Cleft. I want you to know differently. That's my duty as a nice guy. :razz:

Really it's in the TRUTH. Mae knows the TRUTH and Aaron Rodgers and his release. You deserve that much too, Cleft.

Read this for some knowledge. Anyone who pretends to be a football guru of 'some' knowledge often appreciates a little help. I'm always here for that Cleft:

This will inform you that in a recent study by a respected NFL football site:

Aaron Rodgers among 27 measured 'pocket passers' was ranked 23rd of 27 in terms of his pass release. As an NFL QB...Aaron Rodgers has a slow release Cleft. When he does get it off...look out. That result is too often NOT very good for the opposition. There....... I'm off topic.

Cleft .... Maybe now....you can help me?

How am I supposed to admit that Mae was right on RE: Aaron Rodgers and 'SLOW RELEASE"? Wait..... I've got it....No problem as Mae's a very smart lady and generally right. I like to look at it this way. She's with me and that's pretty great.

I've got lots more if your unconvinced. Anytime-Anything you're confused about. Just a tap on my shoulder...ask with some tact :-):

ENJOY THE READ, Cleft.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2013/0810/20130810__20130811_C13_SP11FBNKLIS~p1_200.jpg

Mae just asked me...." Is that Aaron Rodgers releasing the ball?"

Mae's ' a hoot ' !

What am I ever going to do with her? Good thing Mae's as lovely as she's smart.

Klis: Passing judgment: Slow release painful

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post ... Posted: 08/11/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT

Bye bye, Cleft.

GO PACK ... GO PACKERS GO !

All that diarrhea to just say that you're sticking by the observations of some old broad?

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 12:17 PM

That question was easy to handle.

Get a shovel and bury him in the hole he dug for himself.

That actually was fun. :lol:

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
All that diarrhea to just say that you're sticking by the observations of some old broad?

Maybe ! Read the article, Cleft.

I'm here to try to help you Packer fan.

Your obviously in much need of that.

Anytime....It would be my pleasure.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Read the article Aristotle.

That article is from last year. It confuses release and quick throws with holding the ball and taking sacks. Rodgers holds the ball and takes more sacks. That is completely separate from whether or not the Packers have quick plays that get the ball out fast. And this year it was a specific emphasis, sometimes to the Packer's detriment (see the final drive in the Bengals game). You should watch the games and make up your own mind instead of having your dated opinions formed for you by others, including old broads.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 27m
Early sign at practice not good sign for Rodgers playing. In portion of practice open to media Flynn working as No. 1 QB n Tolzien No. 2

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 17m
Out for the Packers today: Brad Jones (ankle), Neal (abdomen), Jolly (shoulder/neck), Lacy (ankle), Bostick (foot), Perry (foot).

Today's Presser will also have the first official injury report.

ThunderDan
12-19-2013, 12:51 PM
That article is from last year. It confuses release and quick throws with holding the ball and taking sacks. Rodgers holds the ball and takes more sacks. That is completely separate from whether or not the Packers have quick plays that get the ball out fast. And this year it was a specific emphasis, sometimes to the Packer's detriment (see the final drive in the Bengals game). You should watch the games and make up your own mind instead of having your dated opinions formed for you by others, including old broads.

Here is an article from earlier this year.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Speedy-releases-make-QBs-more-dangerous-4828535.php

ARod is at 2.45 sec ahead of P Mannings 2.48 sec. Per the article ARod is tied for 6th quickest in the NFL.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2013, 12:55 PM

I prefer that you refer to me as Aristotle

hoosier
12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I prefer that you refer to me as Aristotle

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34500000/Aristotle-Onassis-with-Maria-Callas-aristoteles-onassis-34549363-620-413.jpg

pbmax
12-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
People around league think so RT @Aaron_Nagler: Saying it for years. RT @Johosophat You think Dr. McKenzie is the most conservative in NFL

Finally, public opinion is coalescing around the idea that Rodgers won't play this week. Which, of course, means he certainly will.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Uh-Oh

Jolly Season In Jeopardy. Aaron Wilson is pretty good at this.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Flynn-taking-all-Packers-team-snaps-Jolly-sidelined-with-neck-injury-that-may-end-his-season.html

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m
Jolly watched practice in sweats. RT @RavensInsider:Jolly sidelined with neck injury, may end his season: http://shar.es/OwNHi

denverYooper
12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
People around league think so RT @Aaron_Nagler: Saying it for years. RT @Johosophat You think Dr. McKenzie is the most conservative in NFL

Finally, public opinion is coalescing around the idea that Rodgers won't play this week. Which, of course, means he certainly will.

He was taking snaps from the backup center during the open period and according to one of the beat guys, they played "Lonely Boy" during one of the breaks. Even the person in charge of music at the Hutson Center is in on it.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 4m
Bostick DNP; Jolly out; Brad Jones DNP; Lacy DNP; Neal DNP; Perry DNP; Pickett limited; Rodgers limited; CJ Wilson limited.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m
Bostick DNP, Jolly OUT, BJones DNP, Lacy DNP, Neal DNP, Perry DNP, Pickett limited, Rodgers limited, Wilson limited #Packers injury report

YES, JOLLY IS OUT

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 4m
Rodgers practiced well today. "Will have a conversation tomorrow" on availability. "Looked very good" at practice. Not cleared to play.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m
Flynn took the majority of the reps today. MM will not announce starter though.

SOME TWITTER CONFUSION. APPLESAUCE HAS MCCARTHY REVISITING RODGERS ON FRIDAY BUT OTHERS SAY NAMING A STARTER WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW. EITHER ITS BACKUP JOB OR SOMEONE GOT THEIR DAYS WRONG

COBB WAS DOING SOME PUNT RETURN IN DRILLS

hoosier
12-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Jolly out = Does Boyd or Wilson become de facto RE in base defense? And Datone Jones can quit bitching about having his playing time reduced and start producing.

Teamcheez1
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
MM said Jolly had a significant injury. Using the MM Scale of Injurious Expectations, he should be out for at least 6 months .

pbmax
12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Well, apparently I don't know my days of the week anymore. McCarthy's announcement is INDEED tomorrow AND that is the day they re-ealuate Rodgers.

Get ready to Win with Flynn.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 01:41 PM

Dear Lord what to do with you:

POSTED: 08/11/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT Updated: 4 months ago

I'm living in 'the Year AD 2013....here on planet earth.

Where are you living .....Cllleeffft?

Did you miss this part?

(Aaron) " Rodgers? He was the worst among the pocket passers, 23rd overall of the 27 who were ranked, with an average release time of 2.88 seconds. Only Cam Newton (3.06), Michael Vick (3.07), Robert Griffin III (3.07) and Russell Wilson (3.35) — quarterbacks known for their ability to run — held the ball longer before throwing."

Just let go of that hole you dug for yourself...I'm positive you can dig another one.

Bye bye...have a wonderful day.

Take your CRAP attitude to the mirror.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Uh-Oh

Jolly Season In Jeopardy. Aaron Wilson is pretty good at this.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Flynn-taking-all-Packers-team-snaps-Jolly-sidelined-with-neck-injury-that-may-end-his-season.html

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 5m
Jolly watched practice in sweats. RT @RavensInsider:Jolly sidelined with neck injury, may end his season: http://shar.es/OwNHi

That really is bad news pbmax...sad to hear that.

Cheesehead Craig
12-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I hope we get the ball first and use the entire first quarter on a TD scoring drive. That way we are winning the zero sum battle and give Pitts less time to score and potentially tie the game.

KYPack
12-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold...In space. And in Soldier Field.

In space, no one can hear you scream.

What happened to Jolly?

In the dreck that was last week's 1st half, I couldn't figure that out.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
In space, no one can hear you scream.

What happened to Jolly?

In the dreck that was last week's 1st half, I couldn't figure that out.

Neck injury.

denverYooper
12-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Neck injury.

A "significant" one.

I'm surprised they haven't IR'ed him yet.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300409/article/aaron-dobson-kenbrell-thompkins-practice-for-pats

See Report #4 RE: Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb.

denverYooper
12-19-2013, 02:38 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300409/article/aaron-dobson-kenbrell-thompkins-practice-for-pats

See Report #4 RE: Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb.

Lacy sat out most of last week too. They're just saving his ankle for game days right now.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally Posted by Cleft Crusty.... or Post 51 on page 3 this thread.

" All that diarrhea to just say that you're sticking by the observations of some old broad? " Clift Crusty

Edit:

Your 'out of line' in your post above. Mae isn't some old broad. She's a fine person and smarter than you could ever comprehend.

Your twisted 'an insult', and in reality I suspect now, a danger to yourself.

This isn't any longer about how fast Aaron Rodgers release is or isn't. He has time to work on that release. He has the resources available with the Packers to get that better. I'm sure he'll bring that to the level of the rest of his skill set.

This is about...me going on with you ever again. It's about the darkness inside of 'YOU' mister. To me your kind is worthless. Your like really stale air.

'Only' worthy of being 'ignored'.

Your the classic example of what internet posting and 'a cluster fucked up' mind is all about. Somehow I'm positive you'll always pay for that stupidity.

I don't enjoy you Cleft. I'll avoid you as 'the Plague'.

The bottom line:

You and I are 'off topic' here.

mission
12-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Jolly out = Does Boyd or Wilson become de facto RE in base defense? And Datone Jones can quit bitching about having his playing time reduced and start producing.

He has been a part of five sacks and played less than 1/5th of the defensive snaps. Now that's probably because his run defense isn't there yet, but I think he's doing OK for a rookie defensive lineman. It's not exactly RB. Most DLs take a good three years to show what they can do.

CaptainKickass
12-19-2013, 08:11 PM
How the fuck exactly can there be this many fucking posts, in a fucking Packer forum about the Steelers coming to town, and there's not ONE additional "Fuck the Steelers!" comment, picture, video or other meme?

Do I have to EVERYTHING around here? Huh? Do I?

I asked you 3 fucking times already- do I?!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/p480x480/393209_295592970490896_1709796406_n.jpg
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-fuck-the-steelers-3.png
http://baltimorefootball247.com/app/helpers/img.php?constrain&w=200&img=/images/article_photos_photo/large/75399/47027_496223792264_787917264_6845237_3505273_n.jpg

Geez.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Dear Lord what to do with you:

POSTED: 08/11/2013 12:01:00 AM MDT Updated: 4 months ago

I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain this to you, but you couldn't figure it out. See, an article written before this season started must necessarily be talking about stats prior to this season - in other words last season or before. Thus, you should watch games from this season, instead of trusting the observations of some old pigeon-toed broad or a dated opinion piece. Also, I think someone posted the stats for this year, which you ignored for some inexplicable reason, but which confirmed my up-to-date observations. Try rationality for a change - the world makes much more sense. One last suggestion: post less, and use complete sentences and proper punctuation so that people can more quickly dissect your nonsense. Finally, I apologize for the abuse. You'd be surly if you hadn't evacuated your bowels for a week too.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Jolly is doen for the season. C5 bulging disk. Waiting for the swelling to go down before deciding on what to do.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/neck-injury-ends-johnny-jollys-season-b99167708z1-236671291.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nick Perry's bum ankle flared up again in Dallas. He is questionable for Sunday.

CaptainKickass
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Fuck, started a jolly thread. Didn't realize some Jolly info was already in here. Fuckers.

pbmax
12-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Apropos of nothing, Reggie White's birthday is today. And then this happened:

Packer Nation ‏@Packer_Nation 5h
RT @JHiser10 The "Minister of Defense" would have been 52 today….Happy Birthday 92! @packers @TyDunne @DrewBledsoe pic.twitter.com/GxF4sBXgaC

Drew Bledsoe ‏@DrewBledsoe 3h
@Packer_Nation @JHiser10 @packers @TyDunne Sacked me on consecutive plays then said, "God bless you."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb4eIRfCEAAbY9p.png:large

pbmax
12-19-2013, 11:33 PM
I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain this to you, but you couldn't figure it out. See, an article written before this season started must necessarily be talking about stats prior to this season - in other words last season or before. Thus, you should watch games from this season, instead of trusting the observations of some old pigeon-toed broad or a dated opinion piece. Also, I think someone posted the stats for this year, which you ignored for some inexplicable reason, but which confirmed my up-to-date observations. Try rationality for a change - the world makes much more sense. One last suggestion: post less, and use complete sentences and proper punctuation so that people can more quickly dissect your nonsense. Finally, I apologize for the abuse. You'd be surly if you hadn't evacuated your bowels for a week too.

Never say I never did anything for you Cleft:

Dick LeBeau

“He’s like Dan Marino the way he gets rid of the ball,” said LeBeau, noting Rodgers’ quick release.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/20/dick-lebeau-compares-aaron-rodgers-release-to-dan-marinos/

The fact that the changes in the Steelers pass offense under Todd "Easygoing: Haley, the original point of discussion, has little to do with release time and more to do with routes, is a matter we have to take up later.

woodbuck27
12-19-2013, 11:52 PM
How the fuck exactly can there be this many fucking posts, in a fucking Packer forum about the Steelers coming to town, and there's not ONE additional "Fuck the Steelers!" comment, picture, video or other meme?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/p480x480/393209_295592970490896_1709796406_n.jpg
http://baltimorefootball247.com/app/helpers/img.php?constrain&w=200&img=/images/article_photos_photo/large/75399/47027_496223792264_787917264_6845237_3505273_n.jpg

Geez.

Everyone's fingers are all knawed down...nails chewed... to the quick.

Members keyboard challenged. Members making more frequent visits to a dentist's thus unavailable to post.

"What will we ever do ......without Aaron." Packerrat membership 'General Moan' while nashing teeth.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 01:05 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1892949-dissecting-most-crucial-matchups-in-packers-week-16-contest-with-steelers

Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Packers' Week 16 Contest with Steelers

By Michelle Noyer-Granacki (Featured Columnist) on December 19, 2013

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Never say I never did anything for you Cleft:

Dick LeBeau

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/20/dick-lebeau-compares-aaron-rodgers-release-to-dan-marinos/

The fact that the changes in the Steelers pass offense under Todd "Easygoing: Haley, the original point of discussion, has little to do with release time and more to do with routes, is a matter we have to take up later.

It's remarkable how some people flock to a tragedy.

I pose this question just to you Cleft Crusty and please don't respond with any answer to me. Respond within yourself.:

Does a name change correct a posters lousy manners and pathetic narcissistic ways? How's my English 'M'?

I'm not going to pussy foot around anything that is you mister. Your so possessed of yourself that you post insult within an apology.

As 'Cleft Crusty' I have you on IGNORE. I'll have nothing more to do with you after this.

I refuse your pathetically sick narcissistic ways Cleft Crusty (aka ......... ) and that in regards to the membership as a whole. I don't enjoy your posting style. The IGNORE option is convenient for the likes of you. I've fixed you and this MAN believes a dog deserves it's first bite.

As a final respect to you and myself:

I'll explain my position which seemed useless when I felt your extreme insolence. Have you ever disappointed me. I'm guessing your ' Special ' personality deserves a unique status here at Packerrats. I trust your huge ego will endear you to yourself.

Whatever new article (based on this season) and Aaron Rodgers your writing about. I'll find that.

The basis of my position of understanding and AR's timed release is a) founded in the article I posted. b) Based on anything I ever observed in his play. I do record games for analysis ....whatever. This season (2013) I saw AR in exactly the one series in which he was injured. I unfortunately had not watched any football until late this fall. I was away on vacation enjoying other things.

I'm pleased to learn that Aaron Rodgers has improved his release time from last season. Too many SACKS will shorten his career.

PACKERS !

LEWCWA
12-20-2013, 05:34 AM
Rodgers has a quick release ( time throwing motion starts to ball leaving hand). Rodgers also holds on to the ball too long sometimes (time ball is snapped to ball leaving hand) These are 2 different things. Holding the ball to long, has many factors involved, the least of which is mechanics.

ThunderDan
12-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Rodgers has a quick release ( time throwing motion starts to ball leaving hand). Rodgers also holds on to the ball too long sometimes (time ball is snapped to ball leaving hand) These are 2 different things. Holding the ball to long, has many factors involved, the least of which is mechanics.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Aaron Rodgers release time has improved to where in this article the measure of his release makes that now 6th fastest in the NFL:

Read the article LINK below for details.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...us-4828535.php

Speedy releases make QBs more dangerous

BY: Vic Tafur Updated 11:35 pm, Thursday, September 19, 2013

GO PACKERS !

Cleft Crusty
12-20-2013, 08:10 AM

Yes, very astute, and I' not just saying that because I agree with you. Rodgers holds the ball and takes sacks because he doesn't want the terrible turn over. Think what would be different if Tolkien and Flynn could turn their INTs into sacks - Packers probably win two more games.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 08:15 AM
And the critique offered by Cleft about the Steelers offense versus the Packers defense was about the Steeler offense in general not Ben R's physical abilities in getting rid of the football.

He made the entirely reasonable point that the Packers defense has practiced against a Packers offense this year that has emphasized quick throws esp. in no huddle (RB screens, WR screens more slants and outs than in quite a while) in its play calling. This practice will server the defense well.

Its not a panacea, as the 1 versus 1 portions of practice ended in camp, but it should not be a shock to the Packers defense. Frankly I am worried less about the short stuff as I am about going long. Packer tackling is an issue but defense against the deep pass (see Eagles game) has been horrible.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m
Packers not expecting Aaron Rodgers to play Sunday vs Steelers unless, as one source said, "something significantly changes with doctor."

pbmax
12-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Best comment of the Year. I hope one of you made it at JSO:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 2m
RT @JSComments: TT is holding AR out to stick it to Bob McGinn for the "soft team assembled by TT" articles from the beginning of the year

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 26m

Starter Pack: The difference in Matt Flynn the last two games? A quicker release. #Packers http://t.co/BPiAe1uuEL

Pugger
12-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Yes, and Worthy should get his act together too.

Cleft Crusty
12-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Packer tackling is an issue but defense against the deep pass (see Eagles game) has been horrible.

It's been especially bad when it has relied on two safety coverage or cb/safety combination coverage. Packers do best with fly patterns with Shields manned up on one side at least. Would like to see him on Brown and then combination coverage on the other side. The middle of the field stuff is devastating.

Pugger
12-20-2013, 09:47 AM
A "significant" one.

I'm surprised they haven't IR'ed him yet.

I heard they are waiting for the swelling to go down. :-(

Cleft Crusty
12-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Best comment of the Year. I hope one of you made it at JSO:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 2m
RT @JSComments: TT is holding AR out to stick it to Bob McGinn for the "soft team assembled by TT" articles from the beginning of the year

Press: "Mike McCarthy, what do you think of Bob McGinn?"
McCarthy: "I don't think of him"

Pugger
12-20-2013, 09:50 AM

Geez.

That last one about asking someone to kick their asses is a riot! :lol:

Cleft Crusty
12-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I heard they are waiting for the swelling to go down. :-(

Clefty spends half his waking hours waiting for the swelling to come down.

KYPack
12-20-2013, 10:59 AM
It's been especially bad when it has relied on two safety coverage or cb/safety combination coverage. Packers do best with fly patterns with Shields manned up on one side at least. Would like to see him on Brown and then combination coverage on the other side. The middle of the field stuff is devastating.

They like that one high D with Richardson in the box. That's probably what's needed with Pitt's propensity to run the ball. If the Pack plays 2 S's high, the other one probably needs to be Jennings (as much as I hate to type that).

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 11:23 AM
They like that one high D with Richardson in the box. That's probably what's needed with Pitt's propensity to run the ball. If the Pack plays 2 S's high, the other one probably needs to be Jennings (as much as I hate to type that).

I was thinking that being at home + weather + Pitt's tendencies this year should allow GB to play this way quite a bit on Sunday, which should help GB out because they've had better results there. I don't know how long it will last, though, because other teams will probably figure out Richardson's range and start taking advantage of his limitations.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
No Brandon Bostick for the #Packers today, and as @TomSilverstein reported Jolly done for the year. Lacy, B. Jones, Perry were back.

Tony Oday
12-20-2013, 11:55 AM
AR needs to slip the doctor a couple of hundreds and get on the field!

MadtownPacker
12-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Clefty spends half his waking hours waiting for the swelling to come down.
I thought the commercials says to seek medical help after 4 hours?

ThunderDan
12-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Here is an article from earlier this year.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Speedy-releases-make-QBs-more-dangerous-4828535.php

ARod is at 2.45 sec ahead of P Mannings 2.48 sec. Per the article ARod is tied for 6th quickest in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers release time has improved to where in this article the measure of his release makes that now 6th fastest in the NFL:

Read the article LINK below for details.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article...us-4828535.php

Speedy releases make QBs more dangerous

BY: Vic Tafur Updated 11:35 pm, Thursday, September 19, 2013

GO PACKERS !

I already posted that two pages ago which you ignored when responding back to Cleft!

KYPack
12-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I was thinking that being at home + weather + Pitt's tendencies this year should allow GB to play this way quite a bit on Sunday, which should help GB out because they've had better results there. I don't know how long it will last, though, because other teams will probably figure out Richardson's range and start taking advantage of his limitations.

I think the same way.

The big thing that can neutralize Richardson's coverage issue is some heat.

Ya know, Sean is close, he just needs to relax, play to his help and read his keys. He's one of those guys you need to calm down, not fire up.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I usually take great pride (probably misplaced as I have nothing to do with it) that the Packers leave the medical decisions in the hands of the Doc and not the Head Coach. TT's presence here soils the perfectly constructed decision making process a might, but still I think it best that decisions like this are made by people who are not likely to be fired if the player doesn't play.

However, not knowing WHY is maddening. I think its just because its 8 weeks to heal as the non-Packer Team Doc the Press Gazette quoted earlier said. I am having more trouble understanding the close mouthed-ness than the injury.

If they wanted to deceive the opposition, they should stop leaking stuff to Schefter and stop talking about WHEN the decision will be reviewed. Let his practice reps be your smokescreen and stop talking.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 12:43 PM
I usually take great pride (probably misplaced as I have nothing to do with it) that the Packers leave the medical decisions in the hands of the Doc and not the Head Coach. TT's presence here soils the perfectly constructed decision making process a might, but still I think it best that decisions like this are made by people who are not likely to be fired if the player doesn't play.

However, not knowing WHY is maddening. I think its just because its 8 weeks to heal as the non-Packer Team Doc the Press Gazette quoted earlier said. I am having more trouble understanding the close mouthed-ness than the injury.

If they wanted to deceive the opposition, they should stop leaking stuff to Schefter and stop talking about WHEN the decision will be reviewed. Let his practice reps be your smokescreen and stop talking.

And once again, M3 is late for his Friday presser. Apparently NFL Network is broadcasting it today. Slandermuse is speculating that maybe Rodgers and M3 are making one last push for 12 to play...

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m
Aaron Rodgers it out #Packers

Boom.

Rutnstrut
12-20-2013, 12:51 PM
There is more to this injury than they are letting on, all the smoke and mirrors is bullshit.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
McCarthy: I thought AR did everything he could possibly do. He attacked rehab and weight room. But this is an organizational decision.

Rutnstrut
12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
"But this is an organizational decision."

In other words, a money decision.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
McCarthy: TE Brandon Bostick has a season-ending foot injury. Will have surgery.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 01:00 PM

And an investment in getting Rodgers back healthy for next year.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m
Aaron Rodgers it out #Packers

Boom.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m

MM: Rodgers did everything asked. Organization decision. Feel not ready to play. Flynn is ready, feel good about prep.

*** Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 4m

#Packers coach Mike McCarthy: "As an organization, we are not ready for him to play."

*** Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 5m

MM: We'll focus on Pittsburgh. go thru medical part next week with Rodgers again.

*** Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m

MM: Rodgers understands where we are. He wants to play. We feel we can beat Pittsburgh with our football team.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Gary Brilowski ‏@gbrilo 31s
@RobDemovsky Just rewatched, he said the word organization 9 times.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 01:04 PM
http://www.judithleist.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ed+rooney.jpg

Nine times.

Teamcheez1
12-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Put Rodgers on IR and be done with it.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 01:12 PM
It's a conspiracy to force the rest of the team to play for their jobs every week.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Put Rodgers on IR and be done with it.

What if Matt Flynn gets his eggs scrambled?

His ass falls out of the caboose?

The Green Bay Packers are playing this out as best they can..or excuse me ' the organization ' is doing that.

It's just this now....

Maybe bigger as this sets in:

p a c k e r s . . . . . . . ahh....... shit.

Teamcheez1
12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
What if Matt Flynn gets his eggs scrambled?

His ass falls out of the caboose?

The Green Bay Packers are playing this out as best they can..or excuse me ' the organization ' is doing that.

It's just this now....

Maybe bigger as this sets in:

p a c k e r s . . . . . . . ahh....... shit.

Then I don't have to watch the Packers get annihilated in the first round of the playoffs, and we get a better draft choice.

hoosier
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM

Huh? The money decision would be to play ARod and get the home playoff game. It's not about money, it's about long term vs. short term. TT is not motivated by immediate gratification, which is what most differentiates him from the average fan.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Huh? The money decision would be to play ARod and get the home playoff game. It's not about money, it's about long term vs. short term. TT is not motivated by immediate gratification, which is what most differentiates him from the average fan.

Well, perhaps not a short term cash decision. But a longer term, let's not have him rehabbing this offseason and affect prep for next year decision.

Maybe they are just trying to wake up the defense? :lol:

pbmax
12-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 34m
Bostick out; Jolly out; Brad Jones probable; Lacy probable; Neal probable; Perry probable; Pickett probable; Rodgers out; Wilson questionable

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 32m
Did Mike McCarthy concur with the decision on Aaron Rodgers today? "Absolutely." #Packers

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 33m
MM: I think Aaron clearly wants to play, he's very competitive man, done everything he can, but he understands how organization feels.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 39m
Brandon Bostick, Johnny Jolly also officially ruled out. #Packers

BOSTICK IS OUT FOR THE YEAR

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 37m
McCarthy: We feel we can beat Pittsburgh with Matt Flynn. Was hopeful Aaron's health would progress.

COULD BE STRENGTH TESTING IS THE ISSUE OR IS THIS JUST SMOKE?

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 37m
MM: Randall Cobb practiced today. Will see how he feels tomorrow. Good for him to get 3 days of practice in.

NOT ON ROSTER SO NOT ON REPORT

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m
MM: Wilson got stronger as week went on. Curious to see how Cobb feels tomorrow. Made progress this week.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 41m
Cobb looks good, MM says. "Made progress this week." .... MM on Bostick, going to have surgery and will end season.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Then I don't have to watch the Packers get annihilated in the first round of the playoffs, and we get a better draft choice.

Yaa we have to just let this play out.

Maybe Flynn leads us on a run all the way to the Super Bowl. Then we get this:

Next year we get more MM:

MM: We'll be going with Matt Flynn at QB again this week. We're extremely confident with Matt Flynn.

MM: What do you mean why!?

MM: Matt Flynn sets a new Packer's record every week he's behind center.

MM: Yea OK that other guy ... (he's taking a pause)

MM: Ahh it's week to week with regards to ahh what's his name ohh OK..right ....Aaron Rodgers. We need him back as Matt Flynn's backup.

MM: What's that ..Ohh yea we pay Rodgers a lot of money as a backup. We feel he's the best in the league in that role.

MM: Wait.... is it week to week or day to day...I'll talk to the man up the ladder and see and get back to you after the next medical day.

MM: What's that you say... Am I sure? Damn right I'm sure !! That's an 'Organizational' decision. Don't piss me off.

MM: Now I'm grouchy so ... I'm out of here.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 34m
Bostick out; Jolly out; Brad Jones probable; Lacy probable; Neal probable; Perry probable; Pickett probable; Rodgers out; Wilson questionable

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 32m
Did Mike McCarthy concur with the decision on Aaron Rodgers today? "Absolutely." #Packers

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 33m
MM: I think Aaron clearly wants to play, he's very competitive man, done everything he can, but he understands how organization feels.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 39m
Brandon Bostick, Johnny Jolly also officially ruled out. #Packers

BOSTICK IS OUT FOR THE YEAR

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 37m
McCarthy: We feel we can beat Pittsburgh with Matt Flynn. Was hopeful Aaron's health would progress.

COULD BE STRENGTH TESTING IS THE ISSUE OR IS THIS JUST SMOKE?

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 37m
MM: Randall Cobb practiced today. Will see how he feels tomorrow. Good for him to get 3 days of practice in.

NOT ON ROSTER SO NOT ON REPORT

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m
MM: Wilson got stronger as week went on. Curious to see how Cobb feels tomorrow. Made progress this week.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 41m
Cobb looks good, MM says. "Made progress this week." .... MM on Bostick, going to have surgery and will end season.

How much worse is this going to get?

It's arrived at far far too much now.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 01:43 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 33m
Eddie Lacy returns to practice, looks set for Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9mKR

SCROLL THROUGH THIS LONG ONE UNTIL YOU GET TO THE EAGLES SECTION ON HEALTH

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000301203/article/joe-philbin-deftly-guiding-miami-dolphins-through-turbulent-ride

One year is next to no evidence it has made a difference, but this is an obvious candidate for the Packers to try to avoid preventable injuries.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 01:49 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 33m
Eddie Lacy returns to practice, looks set for Sunday http://wp.me/p14QSB-9mKR

SCROLL THROUGH THIS LONG ONE UNTIL YOU GET TO THE EAGLES SECTION ON HEALTH

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000301203/article/joe-philbin-deftly-guiding-miami-dolphins-through-turbulent-ride

One year is next to no evidence it has made a difference, but this is an obvious candidate for the Packers to try to avoid preventable injuries.

Just have a guy come around with "special" water bottles and tell each player that they have to finish it. It works wonders for the Chinese Olympic teams. And the Seahawks.

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Guys, it'll be ok: the Packers practiced outside today.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 8m
Would like to thank Packers for practicing inside when we got to watch before moving outside to practice in snowstorm.

Remember when we all wanted our team to have a running game featuring a big, mudder-type back and to practice outside when the weather got bad? Here you go.

Now everyone is wringing their hands over the health of some prissy dome QB. Jeez.

Bossman641
12-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Have Jolly and Bostick both been placed on IR? Were their spots filled yet?

denverYooper
12-20-2013, 04:02 PM

Not yet.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 04:02 PM

No announcement yet. Some are thinking Cobb takes one of their spots, but while McCarthy sounded positive, he just started running in practice this week. Seems unlikely he is ready to play tho weekend.

bobblehead
12-20-2013, 04:18 PM

Would like to thank Packers for practicing inside when we got to watch before moving outside to practice in snowstorm.

Remember when we all wanted our team to have a running game featuring a big, mudder-type back and to practice outside when the weather got bad? Here you go.

Now everyone is wringing their hands over the health of some prissy dome QB. Jeez.

Personally I say we stick with Flynn. That Rodgers cat is lousy in close games and never leads us on 4th quarter comebacks. Flynn is money in tight games and we need a 4thQ comeback almost every week.

Bossman641
12-20-2013, 04:28 PM
No announcement yet. Some are thinking Cobb takes one of their spots, but while McCarthy sounded positive, he just started running in practice this week. Seems unlikely he is ready to play tho weekend.

That's what I was thinking as well. Seems like quite a stretch to go from running to game in 3 days.

mraynrand
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
That's what I was thinking as well. Seems like quite a stretch to go from running to game in 3 days.

Jim Thorpe did it

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 05:34 PM

http://www.lossiantiik.ee/2007/k07-08-05-19.JPG

Mike McCarthy is definitely riding his learning curve.

Joemailman
12-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Actually, he started running last week. He didn't really start practicing until this week.

red
12-20-2013, 08:06 PM
i was down in that area when they were practicing today, and it was fucking brutal. windy as shit, cold and blowing snow everywhere.

nice to see the coaching staff grow some balls and make the players practice in the elements they play in

i also think i saw lacy at the mall after practice. he wasn't limping at all. so thats good

George Cumby
12-20-2013, 08:13 PM
If you work and live in it, you should practice in it.

gbgary
12-20-2013, 10:31 PM
where's Howard Green when you need him?

Fritz
12-21-2013, 08:37 AM
No Jolly no Bostick. This is worse than 2010, seriously.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:25 AM

It's all the DNP's too Fritz.

PACKERS WIL DEFEAT the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It's going to be OK.

mraynrand
12-21-2013, 09:33 AM

I don't know about you, but in the preseason I was licking my chops in anticipation of all those regular season TD passes from Flynn to Bostick. Now that's just not going to happen. Life is unfair.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 10:10 AM
I don't know about you, but in the preseason I was licking my chops in anticipation of all those regular season TD passes from Flynn to Bostick. Now that's just not going to happen. Life is unfair.

I didn't imagine that was ever going to happen as last 'off season' went mraynrand.

Am I at some disadvantage simply being an ordinary fellow doing his best to live on planet earth?

Life isn't always fair...it may outright suck. The bottom line...it's OK...if you accept any limitations and otherwise grow... seek some help.

Sometimes it's an accident. A mother drops her baby on his/her head.

That baby grows up wondering... "what's wrong with me?"

"Nothing baby" ... grown to Man.

"There's plenty of compassion for you."

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I thought the commercials says to seek medical help after 4 hours?

:lol:

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/It%E2%80%99s-time-for-the-Packers-to-%E2%80%98unleash-hell%E2%80%99/dcde785b-91a5-460b-807c-9558eaf394c2

It’s time for the Packers to ‘unleash hell’

Posted Dec 19, 2013

Vic Ketchman ...packers.com editor

GO PACKERS...GO PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131220/PKR01/312200329

Notebook: Packers look to rookie Boyd to fill void left by Jolly

Dec. 20, 2013

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 04:19 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/3672/lebeau-optimistic-about-keisel

Dick LeBeau optimistic about Brett Keisel

Dec 19, 4:35PM ET ... By Scott Brown | ESPN.com

red
12-21-2013, 05:25 PM
5-9 inches of snow are expected to fall on green bay between 6 in the morning and noon

ground crew is gonna have a hell of a time getting the tarp cleared and off by the 3:15 kickoff

i'm guessing we'll see a time lapse tomorrow showing the snow removal from field and bleachers right before the game

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 05:43 PM
5-9 inches of snow are expected to fall on green bay between 6 in the morning and noon

ground crew is gonna have a hell of a time getting the tarp cleared and off by the 3:15 kickoff

i'm guessing we'll see a time lapse tomorrow showing the snow removal from field and bleachers right before the game

What if that starts about 4 hours late? What a mess that would be. Does a snow fall like that slop up 'the tail gate parties'?

It will be an exciting day in Green Bay.

Snow fall is greater so far this December. We're getting a lot ... almost some every day.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 07:39 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131220/PKR0101/131220025/Boyd-likely-called-upon-fill-Jolly-s-void

Boyd likely to be called upon to fill Jolly's void

Dec. 20, 2013

GO PACK GO !

ThunderDan
12-21-2013, 09:52 PM

The field won't be the problem tomorrow. With the heating system under the field they will be able to keep up with the snow. The real issue will be the snow in the seats. They will shovel it down to the edge of the field and cart it away. I don't think they will be able to keep up with that kind of snow and getting everything ready by kickoff. The fans are going to have to be ready to sit on frozen snowy metal bleachers.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 10:40 PM
What if that starts about 4 hours late? What a mess that would be. Does a snow fall like that slop up 'the tail gate parties'?

It will be an exciting day in Green Bay.

Snow fall is greater so far this December. We're getting a lot of snow this month; some snow almost every day.

mraynrand
12-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Follow the excitement:

http://nfl.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/

CaptainKickass
12-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Follow the excitement:

http://nfl.packers.com/multimedia/live_cams/

Truly gripping video. The production quality alone should be winning awards.

KYPack
12-22-2013, 07:21 AM
Start out with Philly's game plan in their snow game right from the jump in our game. Drive blocking up front with our backs reading the holes and then running like hell thru 'em.

Kick all punts higher and shorter than normal. All coverage guys are a day late and a dollar short in the deep snow. FG's? tough to make, go for it with slashing runs.

Big strong Ben would seem to have an advantage over our little noodle arm guy in these conditions.

Looks like a classic snow game.

Let the tundra be our 12th man.

bobblehead
12-22-2013, 07:36 AM
MM says "we are practicing indoors. Its too hard to game plan in all that snow. I am convinced that living in it is enough to be able to play in it"

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Start out with Philly's game plan in their snow game right from the jump in our game. Drive blocking up front with our backs reading the holes and then running like hell thru 'em.

Kick all punts higher and shorter than normal. All coverage guys are a day late and a dollar short in the deep snow. FG's? tough to make, go for it with slashing runs.

Big strong Ben would seem to have an advantage over our little noodle arm guy in these condidtion.

Looks like a classic snow game.

Let the tundra be our 12th man.

Is it coming down hard there right now? It's 8:04 AM CT.

I hope it's a shit down storm.

What's the deal with Lambeau Security and liquored fans?

Cold 'Hot Dogs'. Colder feet and buns. Drink hearty lads and get too really extra loud at Lambeau today. Stay with it every time the Steelers offense has the ball. Become a real force as the Packers 12th man. I want to hear them roar.

Aaron Rodgers out...no problem. The short pass rules today. Flynn matches up with Big Ben better in bad conditions.

Run the ball a lot for advantage Packers.

I want Lambeau to be Philly two weeks ago. I don't want to see the weather change before game time.

I can hardly wait for this huge game.

KY...I'm going Packers.

GO PACKERS....GO PACK GO !