PDA

View Full Version : Who will get cut this week?

packrulz
08-27-2006, 04:45 AM
I predict Arliss Beach is beating out Davenport and Tollefson and Hunter are beating out Kenny Peterson. McCarthy wants production and I can tell he's about had it with Davenpoop. I like Tollefson, he's sort of a Kampman clone. http://images.packers.com/images/headshots/tollefson_dave.jpghttp://images.packers.com/images/headshots/kampman_aaron.jpg

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Great thread to start, Rulz. If I knew anything, I would contribute. Being the resident idiot, I just want to encourage rave activity on this thread!

packrulz
08-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Great thread to start, Rulz. If I knew anything, I would contribute. Being the resident idiot, I just want to encourage rave activity on this thread!

Thanks Tarlam, you're too modest, there's lots of idiots here! :lol:

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Ya, Rulz, I agree. BUT!!!! I am the resident idiot, and I expect due recognition as the same! :cool:

the_idle_threat
08-27-2006, 05:46 AM
http://www.jif-fodbold.dk/images/benni%20hill.jpg

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 05:57 AM
I look nothing like Benny Hill, but, I might just as well...

the_idle_threat
08-27-2006, 06:03 AM
That's me giving due recognition. :smile:

Brando19
08-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Corey Rodgers will be cut this week.

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Could somebody please post the dates, for which the rosters need to be cut to a certain amount of players. Thanks.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:04 AM
August 29: Roster cut down to maximum of 65 players

September 2: Roster cut down to maximum of 53 players

I'm not sure about the NFL Europe allocations though. I don't think those fall under a deadline. Maybe someone can elaborate?

If there is one guy I'm rooting for and it's a longshot since we haven't even seen him play....QB Wrobel, the kid from LaCrosse. Always hopeful for the "local" guys!

BTW, what is up with us not seeing any action from the 3rd/4th QB's? I thought the first two games is where we'd see them....I highly doubt we'll see them at all with the last two games. I guess evaluating them in practice is enough for M3

packrulz
08-27-2006, 09:29 AM

I'm not sure about the NFL Europe allocations though. I don't think those fall under a deadline. Maybe someone can elaborate?

If there is one guy I'm rooting for and it's a longshot since we haven't even seen him play....QB Wrobel, the kid from LaCrosse. Always hopeful for the "local" guys!

BTW, what is up with us not seeing any action from the 3rd/4th QB's? I thought the first two games is where we'd see them....I highly doubt we'll see them at all with the last two games. I guess evaluating them in practice is enough for M3

I'm pretty sure NFLE players get an extra month so TT can wait on guys like Chad Lucas, Jerome Nichols, Atari Bigby, & Chris Francies. M3 said he wants Arod to get more playing time to get more reps, Favre might not even play on Friday. I could see keeping Wrobel on the practice squad since this might be Favre's last year.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Why haven't I noticed that we have a guy named Atari on the team until now?

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 09:36 AM

Er, an honest answer?

packrulz
08-27-2006, 09:40 AM

I was hoping we could have both an Atari & a Super Mario but it didn't work out. :cry:

Fritz
08-27-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm hoping they cut Cory Rodgers. Got to admit your mistakes, like Wolf did, and get on with it. I also think Will Whitticker will be cleaning out his locker soon.

ahaha
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM

I was hoping we could have both an Atari & a Super Mario but it didn't work out. :cry:

And, too bad we weren't able to trade up last year to pick Pack-Man Jones.

BallHawk
08-27-2006, 10:16 AM
I expect one big surprise player to be cut on Tuesday.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I loathe myself for typing this; Gado is cut by week's end.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I loathe myself for typing this; Gado is cut by week's end.

And you should :evil:

esoxx
08-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I think Hunter makes the roster but Tollefson goes to the Practice Squad. Vonte Leach gets cut. Davenport is on thin ice and just might be waived. Kenny "Big Game" Peterson is vulnerable. Cory Rodgers is gone. Whitticker is history.

mmmdk
08-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Here are some cutlist names: Davenport, Manning, Leach, Whitticker, Peterson & Lee. All played significant minutes last year; maybe that's why they (all) could get cut.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:24 AM

This Tuesday, the roster cuts go to 75, not 65 as in prior years. The NFLE exemptions are also gone, due to the increased roster limits.

They did this to allow for more "camp bodies" in the final preseason game so the starters don't have to play so much.

Cuts - I think there will be a few name players. One I'm hoping for - David Martin - I'm tired of being teased. I don't care if he becomes the next Antonio Gates somewhere else, I'm just sick of looking at him and thinking "what could be"....

I also think that Whittacre, Gado, Herron, Peterson, and Wroebel are in trouble. I'm sure that Wroebel is not a :shock: to anyone, however, there has to be a reason he's not playing at all...

There always seems to be a "surprise" cut, ie, someone we think is starting, or secure. For me, that's Gado, but if not him, they'll be another.

mmmdk
08-27-2006, 11:28 AM
How can they consider cutting GADO? He has good hands, a hard worker and he has breakaway speed which Noah Herron lacks (speed). Sure, he's not like the old Ahman Green but I think Gado will feel comfortable behind Green and learn from him - FAST!

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think Samkon is a lock at all. I hope he scrapes in, because I love what he gave me last season.

His hands are doubtful at very best. He can't find a 30 foot hole.

I love him, but I hate him....

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Gato last year showed he can be a 1000 yard back if only he started earlier. If we cut him, he will only be free for about an hour b4 someone signs him. And if everyone had the attitude that gato has there would be no such thing as a holdout.

I Don't just like his talent, I like his attitude and wish we had more players like him.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Gato last year showed he can be a 1000 yard back if only he started earlier. If we cut him, he will only be free for about an hour b4 someone signs him. And if everyone had the attitude that gato has there would be no such thing as a holdout.

I Don't just like his talent, I like his attitude and wish we had more players like him.

I agree with you PFMD about the attitude. I just remain unconvinced that he "fits the system". I also think he'll be claimed quickly, but it is clear to me that Arliss Beach fits this system well, barring a major meltdown in the last two games he's got the 3 back locked up (or at least should have). I remain unconvinced that they'll cut Davenport, and the coaches have made several statements that Davenport works well in the system. Nobody has said much of anything related to Gado.

I'll be watching Gado tomorrow night, but I haven't seen anything or read any training camp blog that suggests he's excelling.

On one count I hope I'm wrong, I do love his attitude, but, then why isn't anyone praising him?

Scott Campbell
08-27-2006, 11:40 AM
If he doesn't fit this system, Gado flashed enough last year that Ted ought to be able to trade him for a late rounder rather than just cutting him and getting nothing.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 11:41 AM

I couldn't have said it better myself.

can you imagine if Randy Moss had Gado's personality? He'd be one of the greatest to ever play the game. It's sad how many players let their attitude overcome their gifted talent.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I have read that he doesn't fit the ZBS, which is really surprising to me. His team in college use to run it, he's had the most time to practice it this off season, and it's not like he's dumb (wants to be a doctor). I just don't get why he's have trouble and I hope from his preformances last year that they give him another shot.. But to be fair he hasn't had enough carries this preseason to really judge him that well.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:48 AM
If he doesn't fit this system, Gado flashed enough last year that Ted ought to be able to trade him for a late rounder rather than just cutting him and getting nothing.

Well, hopefully that happens if Gado is destined to be gone.

All the experts are predicting with the change to 75 from 65 then to 53, that puts over 700 guys out of work quickly and some pretty good talent hits the street with no time to "catch on" with another team.

If that is true, that makes trading a "marginal"player really difficult as there could be someone equal to his talent free for the taking.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:51 AM
But to be fair he hasn't had enough carries this preseason to really judge him that well.

And this is the biggest question for me. He's been healthy, except for very early in camp.

WHY isn't he playing more? Because Beach has just "lit it up"? Because they are fufilling a promise to let Herron compete? Because Gado already has a spot "locked up"? Because he "doesn't fit"?

Damn I wish I knew. It just bugs the crap out of me that he's not getting an opportunity to pass/fail. It seems that his fate has already been determined.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Damn I wish I knew. It just bugs the crap out of me that he's not getting an opportunity to pass/fail. It seems that his fate has already been determined.

Yep, and Green is going to suck up all the carries tomorrow, so I don't think he going to get much in that game either.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:58 AM

Yep, and Green is going to suck up all the carries tomorrow, so I don't think he going to get much in that game either.

Agreed, unless Green lights it up early, which, is pretty doubtful. He's got to be rusty and the line is still in the very early learning stages. Unless Cincy's defense takes the night off, not likely, they are going to need a fair amount of carries for Green to see where he really is.

Then, you've got to get Beach some reps to see if he's for real, and that doesn't leave very much. There is another reason I think what I think. I just can't piece together how they make any other decision.

Last years success doesn't "carry" a backup guy anymore. You've got to keep producing and Gado just hasn't due to limited chances.

mmmdk
08-27-2006, 11:59 AM
I think the coaches know what they get from Gado. If Gado is outta here then it's only through a trade. Gado lit up in real games last season not vs 2nd or 3rd stringers vs the Falcons...like Beach. With that said, I do like Beach, but I have little love for Davenport or Herron. Yet Gado knows and the coaches know that picking up the ZBS is paramount. Gado could be traded and what's this with Gado having hands of steel? He's at least mediocre :oops:

packrulz
08-27-2006, 12:16 PM
McCarthy seems pissed off at Davenport because he's always hurt. Davenport played some fullback in college yet M3 never even tried him there. I don't think M3 likes his attitude. I don't think he's looking at Gado much because he's already made the team. Green/Gado/Beach will stay, Davenpoop & Herron are gone. Leach will stay.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 12:20 PM
McCarthy seems pissed off at Davenport because he's always hurt. Davenport played some fullback in college yet M3 never even tried him there. I don't think M3 likes his attitude. I don't think he's looking at Gado much because he's already made the team. Green/Gado/Beach will stay, Davenpoop & Herron are gone. Leach will stay.

Thats what am thinking to......

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 12:39 PM
...with the change to 75 from 65 then to 53, that puts over 700 guys out of work quickly and some pretty good talent hits the street.....

Landmark post, MHO. Respect.

Willard
08-27-2006, 12:40 PM

I believe MM & TT are upset because they came to the conclusion early in minicamps that Davenport was not the answer. Najeh has blown off all coaching suggestions that he needs to change his running style to protect himself (he runs too high). I really believe they hoped Davenport would look great in the first 2 preseason games so that they could offload him with a trade to a team looking for RB help. Unfortunately, Davenport was far from impressive and his continuing barrage of nagging injuries has further eroded his trade value. What's next? If Herron and Beach show any "flash" (one of this year's nauseating buzz words! :roll: ) Davenport will be dumped like a turd in a dormroom closet.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I think Hunter makes the roster but Tollefson goes to the Practice Squad. Vonte Leach gets cut. Davenport is on thin ice and just might be waived. Kenny "Big Game" Peterson is vulnerable. Cory Rodgers is gone. Whitticker is history.

I'm glad somebody else besides me is thinking/realizing that Hunter is a guy that needs to be kept. Just too much potential as a pass rusher with that natural speed.

And for anybody ready to rip KGB and say we can't afford two of them...remember...KGB is a fine football player if GB would be using him right. It's that insane contract that makes it frustrating. I'd love it if Hunter develops close to what KGB did.

B

retailguy
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm glad somebody else besides me is thinking/realizing that Hunter is a guy that needs to be kept. Just too much potential as a pass rusher with that natural speed.

And for anybody ready to rip KGB and say we can't afford two of them...remember...KGB is a fine football player if GB would be using him right. It's that insane contract that makes it frustrating. I'd love it if Hunter develops close to what KGB did.

B

B, I think Hunter is the reason that Peterson is in trouble. Hunter has potential, Peterson, whom I think has been underutilized, seems to have peaked with what you're going to get. TT has shown he'll keep a guy based upon potential - Donnell Washington is a prime example, Chris White is another.

Hunter could be the "pass rush" guy you envision as KGB's correct position late this year. The wild card on the line is Montgomery in my mind. Can he develop? Seems 50-50 at this point.

packrulz
08-27-2006, 03:43 PM
TE is a tough call too. If they keep 3 they have Bubba then I hope they keep Donald Lee & Tory Humphrey and let David Martin go. He gets hurt a lot and drops of passes, & he's probably overpaid. They could put Zak Alcorn on the developmental squad. Humphrey caught that sweet pass over the middle, haven't seen that in awhile.

ND72
08-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I haven't read through what everyone wrote, but I thought I'd go through and put who i think makes the team, and then who gets cut position by position.

u]Keep
QB:Favre, Rodgers, Martin
RB:Green, Davenport, Gado, Henderson, Leach
WR: Driver, Ferguson, Gardner, Jennings, Rodgers
TE: Franks, Lee, Martin
T: Clifton, Tauscher, Whittacker, Peko
G: Spitz, Colledge, Moll, Moore
C: Wells, White, Coston
DE: Kampman, KGB, Montgomery, Hunter, Tollefson
DT: Pickett, Allen, Cole, Jenkins, Jolly, Peterson, Williams
OLB: Hawk, Taylor, Manning, White, Poppinga
MLB: Barnett, Hodge
CB: Woodson, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins, Horton, Blackmon(PUP)
FS: Collins, Boger
SS: Manuel, Culver, Bigsby, Underwood(PUP)
K: Rayner
P: Ryan
LS: Davis

cut
QB: Wrobel
HB: Herron, Beach, Cooper, Brown (I know Beach is coming on, but I just don't know)
WR: Lucas, Martin, Brewster, Russell, Butler (This is the tough position, i think Lucas, Martin, and even Brewster are making pushes to keep a 6th or cut Rodgers, so this could change for me)
TE: Alcon, Humphrey (again, tough, It'll be either Martin or Humphrey for that 3rd spot)
T: Bourke
G: Traynor
C:
DE: Murphy
DT: Nichols
LB: Campbell, Goodwell
CB: Malone, Dendy, Wishom
S: Modkins

so i have 59 kept...so they'd have to trim down 6 more to make a final roster...which will, in my opinion, be very interesting as to what they do. I think obviously you'll see a few less Defensive Lineman that i have listed, as to who, i donno. Tollefson probably will be, but I kind of like the kid, and DT's??? if TT is going to chop any, I hope he trades them and gets something from them, cause they are all quality guys.

OKC PackerFan
08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I believe the plan is to give Green about 16-18 carries, then the other RB's will get their shot. Is Davenport even healthy enough to play Monday?

ND72
08-27-2006, 04:18 PM
wow, i need to learn how to underline on here evidently. :shock:

GrnBay007
08-27-2006, 04:20 PM
LOL looks like you have the underline mastered!!

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I think they're going to keep as many "skill position" people as possible. If they're wanting to to a lot of running, that will take running backs and with Hendo hurt for a couple of weeks, I think the RB corps is pretty safe. I also think that they'll keep most of the WRs. I don't know that Whittaker will have a job next week, though.

esoxx
08-27-2006, 04:51 PM
The reason why I think Leach is gone is he's a poor fit for this scheme and hasn't helped himself with the dropped passes. That's a double whammy. I see them picking up a FB more suited to this offense when the upcoming round of cuts occur.

It's not that I don't think Leach isn't an NFL FB, he is. A team that runs a power run game looking for a physical lead blocker will be happy to have him. Maybe TT can squeeze a 6th or 7th round pick out of someone for him.

packrulz
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
The reason why I think Leach is gone is he's a poor fit for this scheme and hasn't helped himself with the dropped passes. That's a double whammy. I see them picking up a FB more suited to this offense when the upcoming round of cuts occur.

It's not that I don't think Leach isn't an NFL FB, he is. A team that runs a power run game looking for a physical lead blocker will be happy to have him. Maybe TT can squeeze a 6th or 7th round pick out of someone for him.

I agree about Leach, he's a power blocker but this zone blocking scheme doesn't need the FB to knock the defender on his ass, just deflect him for a moment. He's probably overpaid anyway, and drops passes. They have a good stable of TE's, they could keep an extra one of those to back up at FB & run 2-3 TE sets.

woodbuck27
08-27-2006, 05:55 PM

How much of this have you stored on your puter?

That was up in 2 minutes fr.Tarlam's last post before your's the_idle_threat.

Faster... than a speeding train.

V V funny !! :mrgreen: X 10

woodbuck27
08-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I haven't read through what everyone wrote, but I thought I'd go through and put who i think makes the team, and then who gets cut position by position.

u]Keep
QB:Favre, Rodgers, Martin
RB:Green, Davenport, Gado, Henderson, Leach
WR: Driver, Ferguson, Gardner, Jennings, Rodgers
TE: Franks, Lee, Martin
T: Clifton, Tauscher, Whittacker, Peko
G: Spitz, Colledge, Moll, Moore
C: Wells, White, Coston
DE: Kampman, KGB, Montgomery, Hunter, Tollefson
DT: Pickett, Allen, Cole, Jenkins, Jolly, Peterson, Williams
OLB: Hawk, Taylor, Manning, White, Poppinga
MLB: Barnett, Hodge
CB: Woodson, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins, Horton, Blackmon(PUP)
FS: Collins, Boger
SS: Manuel, Culver, Bigsby, Underwood(PUP)
K: Rayner
P: Ryan
LS: Davis

cut
QB: Wrobel
HB: Herron, Beach, Cooper, Brown (I know Beach is coming on, but I just don't know)
WR: Lucas, Martin, Brewster, Russell, Butler (This is the tough position, i think Lucas, Martin, and even Brewster are making pushes to keep a 6th or cut Rodgers, so this could change for me)
TE: Alcon, Humphrey (again, tough, It'll be either Martin or Humphrey for that 3rd spot)
T: Bourke
G: Traynor
C:
DE: Murphy
DT: Nichols
LB: Campbell, Goodwell
CB: Malone, Dendy, Wishom
S: Modkins

so i have 59 kept...so they'd have to trim down 6 more to make a final roster...which will, in my opinion, be very interesting as to what they do. I think obviously you'll see a few less Defensive Lineman that i have listed, as to who, i donno. Tollefson probably will be, but I kind of like the kid, and DT's??? if TT is going to chop any, I hope he trades them and gets something from them, cause they are all quality guys.

Ahhh. I see that you took " Underlining 101", an evening class?

Alot of homework in that course? :mrgreen:

ND72
08-27-2006, 06:02 PM
yeah, I got a B in it...donno why...

vince
08-27-2006, 06:05 PM
If we cut him, he will only be free for about an hour b4 someone signs him.
I've read quite a few people use this argument as a reason that we shouldn't cut or PS one player or another...

If someone else is more reliable and talented, than that player will be cut or placed on the practice squad. The fact that a player is good enough to make one of the other 32 teams' roster is completely irrelevant to the fact that said player is not good enough to make our roster.

Brando19
08-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't know why some of you guys think Davenport and Gado will get cut. I mean, that's your opinion and I can't take it away from you, but I don't see it happening. Davenport is a horse when healthy. I understand he's hurt alot and that could play a factor, but that's a risk worth taking I think. And Gado proved himself last year. Corey Rogers should get cut. He can't catch a punt to save his life. And Noah Herron should get cut as well. He hasn't proved a thing.

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Looks like there are 85 players on the roster currently, so only 10 guys needs to be cut. It also looks like the Packers have not put Underwood on IR yet. I say they put him on IR on Tuesday and cut 9 guys.

My prediction:

S Jeremy Modkins, CB Antonio Malone, CB Jerron Wishom, LS Thomas Gafford, LB Tim Goodwell, WR Calvin Russell, DE Montez Murphy, OC Pete Traynor

They might cut Brian Wrobel--unless they feel they need the arm in camp still.

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 08:28 PM
That sounds like a reasonable list, Harv.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't know why some of you guys think Davenport and Gado will get cut. I mean, that's your opinion and I can't take it away from you, but I don't see it happening. Davenport is a horse when healthy. I understand he's hurt alot and that could play a factor, but that's a risk worth taking I think. And Gado proved himself last year. Corey Rogers should get cut. He can't catch a punt to save his life. And Noah Herron should get cut as well. He hasn't proved a thing.

Hey Brando - Welcome to the forum - good to have you here.

I thought I was pretty clear about Gado, but I'll go through it again. You gave the most common argument that everyone says - He proved himself last year. Yep, he did. But now we've got new coaches, a new scheme, new expectations, a new playbook, different responsibilities. Can't you say he's got to a) fit the new scheme, and b) perform. What you did for me last year is of lesser importance than those things, I'd have to think.

He hasn't run much, although he's been healthy except really early in camp. Many reports have discussed the difficulty he has picking up the scheme. No coach has lauded him for the great job he's doing. No TC reports about breaking a long run, or scoring touchdowns.

This is where my perspective comes from. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but, who has performed better - Gado or Arliss Beach?

As to Davenport? I agree with you, we're probably stuck with him for another year. He is quickly becoming an annual tease - I'll start to call him Robert Ferguson, Jr if it keeps up, all the potential, flashes of brilliance but no consistent results.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
That sounds like a reasonable list, Harv.

Agreed, bet he gets more right than wrong too.

ND72
08-27-2006, 08:56 PM

you couldn't be more wrong about a few things....

#1, Gado didn't prove jack crap last year. In 6 games he had 500 yards, but had the same, if not more fumbles as touchdowns. Plus, if you didn't find out yet, Mike Sherman was fired, and a new coach was hired, with a new system, which TOTALLY does not fit with Samkon Gado, even said so in his draft bio "cannot run in a zone system"...

#2, Noah Herron runs in this system better than Gado does, hence why he will be getting more snaps in the top groups than Gado will.

I don't know what they will do with Davenport, but McCarthy hasn't sounded very happy about him. Right now I would not be surprised if our 3 HB's are Green, Herron, and Beach...now, that won't happen, but you never know.

ND72
08-27-2006, 08:57 PM
Looks like there are 85 players on the roster currently, so only 10 guys needs to be cut. It also looks like the Packers have not put Underwood on IR yet. I say they put him on IR on Tuesday and cut 9 guys.

My prediction:

S Jeremy Modkins, CB Antonio Malone, CB Jerron Wishom, LS Thomas Gafford, LB Tim Goodwell, WR Calvin Russell, DE Montez Murphy, OC Pete Traynor

They might cut Brian Wrobel--unless they feel they need the arm in camp still.

Pretty much agree with that list, if they only cut down to bare minimum, which they probably will, I'd say those 9-10 guys would be it.

pacfan
08-27-2006, 09:20 PM

this sums up my thoughts.

Brando19
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Retailguy,
You make great points. And Davenport could be exactly what you said, Ferguson, Jr. Which brings me to my next question. Why the heck is Ferguson still with Green Bay? Couldn't we trade him and bring in a receiver like Deion Branch? Anyway, that's just my opinion. Excellent points, Retailguy.

ND72,
We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? Let the cutting begin!

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Retailguy,
You make great points. And Davenport could be exactly what you said, Ferguson, Jr. Which brings me to my next question. Why the heck is Ferguson still with Green Bay? Couldn't we trade him and bring in a receiver like Deion Branch? Anyway, that's just my opinion. Excellent points, Retailguy.

ND72,

Fergsuson still in GB ? Many in here view me as a broken record on this one Brandon. I've been wondering why the Fraud is still in GB for the past two years. Supposedly Phily had interest in him last year and it was silly for TT not to take what he could get. At this point I'd think the most we get from him is a conditional 6-7th round pick. I'd give him away for a Papa Murphy's Pizza.

Cheers,
B

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Retailguy,

ND72,

Brando,

No idea why ferguson is still here. Bretsky calls him "Fergy the fraud", and I can say I've never seen someone tear up the preseason, and then disappear like he does. It just baffles me.

The real question in that vein is - What the hell has happened to Rod Gardner? The #2 WR was his for the taking and he BLEW it.... I just don't understand....

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Retailguy,

ND72,

Brando,

No idea why ferguson is still here. Bretsky calls him "Fergy the fraud", and I can say I've never seen someone tear up the preseason, and then disappear like he does. It just baffles me.

The real question in that vein is - What the hell has happened to Rod Gardner? The #2 WR was his for the taking and he BLEW it.... I just don't understand....

RG,

I must admit I was all about the Gardner signing. I talked myself into believing he'd be a very very good #2, Jennings could develop slowly, and the Fraud may actually get his walking papers ?

I'm confused what's happened with Gardner. But the evidence we have is not good. He missed some of the voluntary practices and seemed apathetic about it when he should really have been rededicating himself to getting his career on track. And he hasn't stuck out at practice and the coaches don't seem overly happy with his consistency...aka....maybe work ethic ?

That's all I can come up with. I wonder if he's a head case. Washington let him walk and so did Carolina. What job could have been better than lining up with Steve Smith ?

I was excited when I saw him last year; now I wonder old Vince's famous quote..."What the hell is going on in here" ?

Cheers,
B

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
RG,

I must admit I was all about the Gardner signing. I talked myself into believing he'd be a very very good #2, Jennings could develop slowly, and the Fraud may actually get his walking papers ?

I'm confused what's happened with Gardner. But the evidence we have is not good. He missed some of the voluntary practices and seemed apathetic about it when he should really have been rededicating himself to getting his career on track. And he hasn't stuck out at practice and the coaches don't seem overly happy with his consistency...aka....maybe work ethic ?

That's all I can come up with. I wonder if he's a head case. Washington let him walk and so did Carolina. What job could have been better than lining up with Steve Smith ?

I was excited when I saw him last year; now I wonder old Vince's famous quote..."What the hell is going on in here" ?

Cheers,
B

Yep, is very baffling. He must just not care. I don't know what else it could be. The talent is there, the size is there, the opportunity is there, but the drive..... seems to be missing.

I keep thinking, maybe he's had difficulty with the playbook, maybe he hasn't had the opportunities, but I think they've been there. If Favre trusted him, the ball would be there, even if he wasn't open.

I just don't know. It is very disappointing. There is no one else to hold down the #2 job until Jennings is ready. This is where the Terrence Murphy thing hurts so bad. What if.....

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Agree with everything.

That is why they have to start Jennings. What's to lose ?

He's way closer to being ready to start than Moll and probably Spitz as well.

B

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
You need good #3, #4 and #5 receivers too. I'd rather have the likes of Gardner and Ferguson over Taco Wallace, Andrae Thurman, Jammal Jones, and Antonio Chatman.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Agree with everything.

That is why they have to start Jennings. What's to lose ?

He's way closer to being ready to start than Moll and probably Spitz as well.

B

Yes, there really isn't anyone else. Fergie will start with Chicago, I'd say, but Jennings by week 3. Fergie will make a great #4, maybe Gardner will hold down #3 for this year....

Jennings will hit the "rookie wall" at some point. Having him start sooner gives more film for the db's to break down. I have a feeling they'll find some gap in his game to exploit. We may be best to have a "rotating" #2 for a while, just to keep the opposing db's honest....

Brando19
08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Just to throw this in there, I was at the Carolina game when Murphy was injured. It was pretty scary. I've got a bunch of pictures of Favre standing over him.
I agree that Jennings should start at the number 2 spot. I predict it will happen sooner than later.
And you guys make a good argument with Gardner. I mean...he's my go to guy in Madden 07 :D

Let's just hope this is the year he proves everyone wrong.
What do you guys think about Chris Henry of Cincinnati in Green Bay? I mean...sure he's not too good off the field...but a Ferguson trade would work for me.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Just to throw this in there, I was at the Carolina game when Murphy was injured. It was pretty scary. I've got a bunch of pictures of Favre standing over him.
I agree that Jennings should start at the number 2 spot. I predict it will happen sooner than later.
And you guys make a good argument with Gardner. I mean...he's my go to guy in Madden 07 :D

Let's just hope this is the year he proves everyone wrong.
What do you guys think about Chris Henry of Cincinnati in Green Bay? I mean...sure he's not too good off the field...but a Ferguson trade would work for me.

My guess is retailguy will not like the Henry idea; he hates bringing in the bad guys while I have a split personality regarding them.

But Henry, not sure I'd want that guy. Very good talent, but boy it seems like he can't stay away from trouble at all.

B

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 10:04 PM

Hell no!

retailguy
08-27-2006, 10:04 PM

Well, I'm the "resident NO bad character guy", so I'd vote NO, actually HELL NO.

I just believe that you can take a turd and clean it up and you have nothing more than a "clean turd" when you are done.

Henry has some authority issues that are much larger than the maturity issues he's been in trouble for.

Chris Henry ='s worse version of Koren Robinson.

retailguy
08-27-2006, 10:06 PM
My guess is retailguy will not like the Henry idea; he hates bringing in the bad guys

B

Well, I guess I really am transparent.... :mrgreen:

Packers4Ever
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM

I definitely think you are on the right line, PFM,
he'd be signed within an hour, come out with a
mighty blast and all us fans would be weeping and
wailing and cussing out TT for the entire season.
He barely got a chance in '05, let's let the kid play
and see what he can do...... :wink:

the_idle_threat
08-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I just believe that you can take a turd and clean it up and you have nothing more than a "clean turd" when you are done.

LOL Well said and I completely agree!

the_idle_threat
08-28-2006, 01:49 AM

How much of this have you stored on your puter?

That was up in 2 minutes fr.Tarlam's last post before your's the_idle_threat.

Faster... than a speeding train.

V V funny !! :mrgreen: X 10

Thanks Woody!

btw, I don't store any of these on the hd ... just do image searches at yahoo :D

mmmdk
08-28-2006, 01:49 AM

Hell no!

Wow, I really liked Chris Henry & Odell Thurman out of colledge; now I'm happy they're not with the Packers.

You can't trade Ferguson with his 'talent' connected to a too large contract. He either stays or gets cut.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2006, 02:32 AM
I say Fergy cuz he sucks.

Partial
08-28-2006, 02:38 AM
I know someone that got cut this week! :mrgreen:

Harsh and unnecessary.

Partial
08-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Well, 5 bucks says my post above this is edited.

edit - Good thing no one took me up on that bet. Even though Mad edited out his own post, he left his quote that he removed stay in mine.

Fritz
08-28-2006, 06:22 AM
Well, we got what we got. There was a reason Gardner kept getting cut and now we think we know what it is. Fergy is Fergy - he'll do for the moment, until Jennings takes over. I see Fergy as a reasonable #3.

Cut C. Rodgers, please. Wait for a week til you cut V. Leach. Someone will pick him up.

Iron Mike
08-28-2006, 07:22 AM
I know someone that got cut this week! :mrgreen:

Harsh and unnecessary.

IDK, I think it's kind of funny!!

But then again, I can be a cruel SOB sometimes!!! :mrgreen:

Creepy
08-28-2006, 08:20 AM
Gardner may be a little behind as he never worked in a WC offense. Ferguson has had 6 years, so he should out play Gardner. When the real season starts, Ferguson will be a ghost, he will be on the field but do nothing. If he is wide open he will make catch, if there is a defender nearby he will either miss it or pop it into the air for an int. By week 4 Jennings #2 and Gardner #3 with Ferguson #4 and back on the ST.

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Gardner may be a little behind as he never worked in a WC offense. Ferguson has had 6 years, so he should out play Gardner. When the real season starts, Ferguson will be a ghost, he will be on the field but do nothing. If he is wide open he will make catch, if there is a defender nearby he will either miss it or pop it into the air for an int. By week 4 Jennings #2 and Gardner #3 with Ferguson #4 and back on the ST.

Unfortunately...YOU may be correct Creepy.

The WR position must be addressed soon. :idea:

GO PACK GO ! Packer FAN Faith !!