PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ted---FREE RODGERS

Bretsky
12-20-2013, 05:34 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/236769251.html

Interesting blog that confrms what I have thought all along.
I've been listening to all of the GB media guys and there is only one take
The term orginazational decision was used 9 times by MM; listen to his tone
Listen to AROD's tone.

Clearly GB can hide behind the team doctors and call it whatever they want to call it.

MM and AROD want to see him on the field; TT and "maybe" the doctors want him shut down

I'm a mortgage loan officer; if a deal is not going to get approved and I think I'm going to take any flak I can cop out of giving a good explanation and blame the underwriter...or Fannie Mae. works prety dam good when I choose to go that route.

Right now the team doctors is the underwriter and Fannie Mae. And IMO MM is Ted's mouthpiece.

I also don't buy the this team is hopeless and has not chance so why bother. Baltimore needed to convert on 3rd and over 25 last year to just get into the playoffs. They came limping in and were really considered an afterthought. I don't think anybody in here saw the Giants going on their Super Bowl runs, and to be quite honest they year we won it all not many would have said we were the best team.

LET US TRY !

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes to the part about the Packers having a real chance. No matter how slim the math experts set that at >>> we fans simply need to have hope.

I hate the news of these latest injuries that are season ending and especially the loss of Johnny Jolly ...... stings ! That certainly is a big loss to the team. He's a leader for the TEAM and a playmaker on 'D'

I say there's a good reason that Aaron Rodgers cannot play. I just hope that that reason isn't too strange and I'll elect to keep all that simple.

He's injured and there's too much damage to afford to play him! Too much risk to him and the Green Bay Packers.

There's nothing too deep going on with that story; except a few very disappointed people and maybe Aaron Rodgers deserves to top that list.

Joemailman
12-20-2013, 05:49 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/letmein.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/route25/media/letmein.jpg.html)

George Cumby
12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
If TT is making the call based on the team MD's best medical opinion and it for the Team's best long term interests, I don't have a problem with it.

MadtownPacker
12-20-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm going to listen to your sig and not argue with you.

Free Rodgers!!

Bretsky
12-20-2013, 05:58 PM
IMO he's making the call based on what he thinks is the teams best interests. Not buying into the medical jargon anymore.
They interviewed another team's physician and he noted most players return from this at about 80%; he's there.

I go for the playoffs............but I do see the other side

But if you are going to say that.....let's call a spade a spade and shut him down for the rest of the year right frickin now. And stop using the not cleared to play bullshit

George Cumby
12-20-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm going to listen to your sig and not argue with you.

Free Rodgers!!

Lol!

Well played.

Fosco33
12-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I think it's painfully obvious that on the day of the injury - they knew exactly the timetable they were operating - which is 9 weeks. The reason they haven't IRd him is they put Cobb in the designated to return bucket and we are not out of the playoffs. And they gain nothing by telling teams that he's only eligible for playoff return. The irrational side of us fans wants to believe some of the crap they feed is true (looks good, wants to play, etc, etc.). I don't really believe the Steelers have game planned for Rodgers after he was taking snaps from the PS center. It's a ruse people.

If we happen to win Sunday - Arod 'may' be able to play vs. Chicago (54 days)- but I would actually expect it'll be in wild card which is a long shot (but still a shot).

pbmax
12-20-2013, 06:49 PM
IMO he's making the call based on what he thinks is the teams best interests. Not buying into the medical jargon anymore.
They interviewed another team's physician and he noted most players return from this at about 80%; he's there.

But if you are going to say that.....let's call a spade a spade and shut him down for the rest of the year right frickin now. And stop using the not cleared to play bullshit

How do you know he is 80%?

And how is it in the team's best interest to hold out Rodgers? I don't buy that Ted is playing to move up 6 slots in the draft.

We also know nothing about what the Doctor thinks. Consider this quote from JSO about a small, hairline fracture:

The telling sign both doctors said will be when McKenzie can push down on the fracture without Rodgers feeling any pain. With hairline fractures, X-rays don't do a good job of showing healing and sometimes time becomes the measuring device.

"Mainly it will be based on his exam, which would mean he’d have full range of motion and no tenderness," O'Grady said, which will robbbly happen pretty quickly."A lot of this is going to be the physiology of bone healing. Even with a professional athlete you just can’t speed that process."

Two weeks ago he was in pain while practicing. According to that quote, that might mean he has MORE than a hairline fracture since he was at 5 weeks removed from the initial injury. So its clearly more serious than the description of a hairline crack in the article.

The last two weeks he has reported less discomfort in practice which would seem to indicate he has improved. But if its more than a hairline fracture, or if there is edema there, how close is he to completely healed?

The only piece of this that doesn't fit is the original scans. The first indicted something either unknown or undetectable. The second was more certain. The article says this might be a good sign and McCarthy was clearly happier. Did he simply go from not knowing to hearing he would be back this season? Still one week to go before that.

pbmax
12-20-2013, 06:58 PM
I think it's painfully obvious that on the day of the injury - they knew exactly the timetable they were operating - which is 9 weeks. The reason they haven't IRd him is they put Cobb in the designated to return bucket and we are not out of the playoffs. And they gain nothing by telling teams that he's only eligible for playoff return. The irrational side of us fans wants to believe some of the crap they feed is true (looks good, wants to play, etc, etc.). I don't really believe the Steelers have game planned for Rodgers after he was taking snaps from the PS center. It's a ruse people.

If we happen to win Sunday - Arod 'may' be able to play vs. Chicago (54 days)- but I would actually expect it'll be in wild card which is a long shot (but still a shot).

The article I linked to above said the prognosis changed from Sunday to Monday with additional scans. So they might have known early, but not on Game Day.

If they knew 9 weeks, it seems they didn't tell M3 or Rodgers.

red
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
i think he should get a second opinion from outside the organization

maybe TT feels that the shit o-line he assembled couldn't protect a-rod, so he's protecting him the only way he can. maybe TT knows his shitty team can't win the Super bowl, so why risk anything?

a-rod could get reinjured. any player can be injured on any play

you gonna hold out jordy nelson because he might get hurt this week? maybe thats why so many of our players have pissed so much time the last few years, they aren't hurt, the team is protecting them

Patler
12-20-2013, 07:14 PM
So, am I supposed to be upset at TT for thinking about a players long-term best interest rather than the team's immediate best interest?

Am I supposed to suspect TT of intentionally sabotaging the teams chances to win games?

Am I supposed to encourage or expect TT to ignore the sound medical advice of the team physician and play Rodgers anyway?

If anything, this situation has increased my respect for him.

red
12-20-2013, 07:41 PM
you don't win super bowls by having the healthiest players

these are pro football players, they are always hurt, they need to play hurt sometimes

hey having over cautious doctors is great for the players, but it puts us at a huge disadvantage to every other team who's doctors maybe let their players back out on the field when they're 80-90%

and what has being overly cautious gotten us? we're still lossing guys like collins and finley to career ending injuries. and i also now have to wonder if nick could have come back? richardson is now back with the same injury, no? nick wanted to keep playing, but the team told him that they wouldn't risk playing him

maybe they were over cautious there too, and it might have been nice for the players long term health, but it didn't help the team win. maybe nick comes back and takes another bad shot to the head? the chances are probably just as good that he comes back and blows out a knee or suffers a massive concusion

its football, there are risks, there always are. if the player wants to risk it, then let him play

digitaldean
12-20-2013, 08:41 PM

these are pro football players, they are always hurt, they need to play hurt sometimes

hey having over cautious doctors is great for the players, but it puts us at a huge disadvantage to every other team who's doctors maybe let their players back out on the field when they're 80-90%

and what has being overly cautious gotten us? we're still lossing guys like collins and finley to career ending injuries. and i also now have to wonder if nick could have come back? richardson is now back with the same injury, no? nick wanted to keep playing, but the team told him that they wouldn't risk playing him

maybe they were over cautious there too, and it might have been nice for the players long term health, but it didn't help the team win. maybe nick comes back and takes another bad shot to the head? the chances are probably just as good that he comes back and blows out a knee or suffers a massive concusion

its football, there are risks, there always are. if the player wants to risk it, then let him play

Quite frankly, if there is a risk of permanent damage sit him. Otherwise, play him if the coach and player are in agreement. Love listening to the boneheads on sports talk radio shows calling in saying Brett would have played, etc. IT IS TT AND McKenzie that are holding him out. Just hate this gamesmanship crap. Put him on IR if it's that freaking bad! Otherwise play him.

gbgary
12-20-2013, 09:52 PM
rolling the dice with flynn. wants one more win before bringing him back for chi.

Rodgers12
12-20-2013, 11:46 PM
rolling the dice with flynn. wants one more win before bringing him back for chi.

I would like to see Flynn play a complete game, and not just show up in the 2nd half. Oh well. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Rodgers12
12-20-2013, 11:51 PM

I echo.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 12:08 AM
The article I linked to above said the prognosis changed from Sunday to Monday with additional scans. So they might have known early, but not on Game Day.

Yes or.... Mike McCarthy has been appointed to take all the heat and ...

** at the same time left out of the loop RE: medical specifics..

** What might be deemed evidence of this based entirely on observation?

A) Mike McCarthy reports it's week to week >>> then day to day. Why? Doesn't MM know?

B) Mike McCarthy seems definitely more upbeat on Thursday this week reporting on how good AR looks in practise. Does MM hope he'll be cleared? I think so and if he was clearly in the loop we wouldn't have seen that small glimmer of hope or anticipation in his voice on Thursday.

That 'glint of optimism' contrasted with the way and manner that I (maybe? you) observed in Aaron Rodgers when he spoke on Thursday. Aaron Rodgers didn't demonstrate 'any sense' that he was coming back imminently.

Does such a reaction demonstrate to you a man that really has a clue about what's going on?

I mean that in terms of both Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers. I don't believe that either was privy to much detail.

Mike McCarthy knows as far as the media is concerned he has the burden of the questions. MM tells Aaron Rodgers to address any question specific to his return to him (MM).

MM takes all the heat.

The pressure on MM is obviously severe as he's crankier than hell. That man seldom smiles since Aaron Rodgers went down.

All the crap funnels through MM.

That fits with AR saying things like .."Ahh you'll have to check with Mike on that."

Where has Ted Thompson been through all this?

This has been a difficult time for Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy and the coaching staff and the Packer players and the Packer fans.

Where is Ted Thompson?

mraynrand
12-21-2013, 12:21 AM
LET MY QB GO!!!

http://www.wingclips.com/system/movie-clips/the-ten-commandments/let-my-people-go/images/the-ten-commandments-movie-clip-screenshot-let-my-people-go_large.jpg

bobblehead
12-21-2013, 02:00 AM

NIck was free to sign with anyone. No other team was willing to put him on the field either.

packrulz
12-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I don't think they really need ARod to win this game. On the frozen Tundra, you pound the ball with Lacy and toss short passes= Win. Flynn is picking up the offense better and is getting to his 3rd-4th reads completing passes, he will be a valuable back up in the playoffs. Besides, all it would take is one good body slam on the frozen Tundra and Arod could be hurt even worse, so why take that chance?

sheepshead
12-21-2013, 08:16 AM
So, am I supposed to be upset at TT for thinking about a players long-term best interest rather than the team's immediate best interest?

Am I supposed to suspect TT of intentionally sabotaging the teams chances to win games?

Am I supposed to encourage or expect TT to ignore the sound medical advice of the team physician and play Rodgers anyway?

:bclap:

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 08:17 AM
I don't think they really need ARod to win this game. On the frozen Tundra, you pound the ball with Lacy and toss short passes= Win. Flynn is picking up the offense better and is getting to his 3rd-4th reads completing passes, he will be a valuable back up in the playoffs. Besides, all it would take is one good body slam on the frozen Tundra and Arod could be hurt even worse, so why take that chance?

Why not simply then finish it by placing Aaron Rodgers on IR?

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 08:21 AM

Why did MM have to absorb all the heat and often look so uncomfortable and even rather foolish at times? You saw the video of his pressers . Maybe you didn't?... and might Patler. Mike McCarthy actually lost it on occasion ( seriously lost it with the media on one occasion ) and you might know what I refer to Patler.

Where was Ted Thompson in terms of communication and any visability in terms of the Packer players (His Roster)and us ..... the Packer fans?

Where was/is Ted Thompson?

If you had his responsibilities? Would you act as Ted Thompson does?

Please Patler...don't treat that as a moot question. Place yourself in that chair and for some time wear that hat as the Green Bay Packer GM. Be as I am here...specific to the Aaron Rodgers injury and all follow-up to this second.

Thanks ...have a wonderful weekend.

PS:

Stay away from the Packer thread this Sunday please, Eh. :lol:

Bossman641
12-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Collins had a C3 fusion I believe. Richardson had a C5. As Bobble stated, no other team has signed Collins either

pbmax
12-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Collins had a C3 fusion I believe. Richardson had a C5. As Bobble stated, no other team has signed Collins either

Yes, this. Collins injury carried with it greater risk than Finley's or Richardson's because of where it was.

pbmax
12-21-2013, 08:58 AM
They want one point of contact for public statements by the Packers. McCarthy is obligated to meet with the press. It was always going to be McCarthy out there. Same as it was for Woodson and Collins.

The Packers see no need to correct for perception based on what they certainly view as erroneous reports like the original Ian Rapapport 3 week estimate.

They don't want the opposition to know when he is going to play. They don't want the team to go into the tank in the regular season if the original prognosis was the Bears game all along.

Putting Ted out there will increase the number of questions, not answer them. They obviously feel he can come back this season (maybe post session) or they wouldn't go through this week to week.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:09 AM
They want one point of contact for public statements by the Packers. McCarthy is obligated to meet with the press. It was always going to be McCarthy out there. Same as it was for Woodson and Collins.

The Packers see no need to correct for perception based on what they certainly view as erroneous reports like the original Ian Rapapport 3 week estimate.

They don't want the opposition to know when he is going to play. They don't want the team to go into the tank in the regular season if the original prognosis was the Bears game all along.

Putting Ted out there will increase the number of questions, not answer them. They obviously feel he can come back this season (maybe post session) or they wouldn't go through this week to week.

Thanks pbmax.

Somehow it seems to me clearly that MM wasn't fully in the loop and any extent of Aaron Rodgers injury. I don't believe that MM had a full heads up there pbmax.

There's over the top evidence to support my position.

This is directed to those of you here that attack anyone and such questioning/criticisms:

I do NOT want to argue this or have to deal with insult/insolence. Keep some composure and post with some manners /respect.

I prefer that we discuss it calmly.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
12-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks pbmax.

Somehow it seems to me clearly that MM wasn't fully in the loop and any extent of Aaron Rodgers injury. I don't believe that MM had a full heads up there pbmax.

This is directed to those of you here that attack anyone and such questioning/criticisms:

I do NOT want to argue this or have to deal with insult/insolence. Keep some composure and post with some manners /respect.

GO PACKERS !

I disagree, though I think now there is now a difference of opinion regarding his ability to play.

M3 and Rodgers have been on the same page almost every week; that its a significant injury, he is being evaluated week to week and that they think he can play this year. Rodgers in particular dismissed any question about the injury being minor and short term (original 3 week estimates). McCarthy, until the last two weeks, hasn't given Rodgers any first team snaps. And not until this week did it sound like he thought he was ready to play.

Rodgers played much more publicly with the idea that he might miraculously make a late week push to play on his radio show. Mostly I think this is clowning and his curious refusal to view anything in a negative or downcast light (he refused to rule himself out each week). McCarthy, until this week, has not invited that kind of speculation either.

This week McCarthy all but cleared Rodgers in the Thursday PC. Previously, there had been talk of 3 hurdles to clear and McCarthy and he refused to detail the results of them. This week he said Rodgers did everything he though he needed to do. I take it for granted that M3 is not given the responsibility of reading the scan.

I seriously doubt M3 played this game if they didn't expect Rodgers back late this year.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
I disagree, though I think now there is now a difference of opinion regarding his ability to play.

M3 and Rodgers have been on the same page almost every week; that its a significant injury, he is being evaluated week to week and that they think he can play this year. Rodgers in particular dismissed any question about the injury being minor and short term (original 3 week estimates). McCarthy, until the last two weeks, hasn't given Rodgers any first team snaps. And not until this week did it sound like he thought he was ready to play.

Rodgers played much more publicly with the idea that he might miraculously make a late week push to play on his radio show. Mostly I think this is clowning and his curious refusal to view anything in a negative or downcast light (he refused to rule himself out each week). McCarthy, until this week, has not invited that kind of speculation either.

This week McCarthy all but cleared Rodgers in the Thursday PC. Previously, there had been talk of 3 hurdles to clear and McCarthy and he refused to detail the results of them. This week he said Rodgers did everything he though he needed to do. I take it for granted that M3 is not given the responsibility of reading the scan.

I seriously doubt M3 played this game if they didn't expect Rodgers back late this year.

I agree with the basics of your analysis.

Where this has arrived:

I'm entirely satisfied that MM was straight up pbmax. In the entire course of it all as a fan I wasn't there until late this week.

It had been my position that MM looked like he wasn't forthcoming in his communications with the media.

I believe that he's reviewed it all and will grow from this experience pbmax.

Maybe MM doesn't make it his business as HC to want to know all details and injuries!?

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:03 AM
If TT is making the call based on the team MD's best medical opinion and it for the Team's best long term interests, I don't have a problem with it.

This is most likely what is going on at 1265 and I don't have a problem with it either.

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:10 AM

If you think him not being medically cleared is bullshit what would be your guess as to why TT is keeping Rodgers from playing?

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:15 AM
How do you know he is 80%?

And how is it in the team's best interest to hold out Rodgers? I don't buy that Ted is playing to move up 6 slots in the draft.

We also know nothing about what the Doctor thinks. Consider this quote from JSO about a small, hairline fracture:

Two weeks ago he was in pain while practicing. According to that quote, that might mean he has MORE than a hairline fracture since he was at 5 weeks removed from the initial injury. So its clearly more serious than the description of a hairline crack in the article.

The last two weeks he has reported less discomfort in practice which would seem to indicate he has improved. But if its more than a hairline fracture, or if there is edema there, how close is he to completely healed?

The only piece of this that doesn't fit is the original scans. The first indicted something either unknown or undetectable. The second was more certain. The article says this might be a good sign and McCarthy was clearly happier. Did he simply go from not knowing to hearing he would be back this season? Still one week to go before that.

The public has been going on the assumption it was a hairline crack but I don't recall anyone at 1265 say one way or another. The closest thing to an admission of the severity of the injury was Rodgers saying on his weekly radio show the day after The Injury was it was "a significant injury." Most of the speculation of him playing before now has been fueled by tweets from reporters.

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:16 AM

I suspect M3 and Rodgers may have been told that but they both hoped he'd heal quicker than that.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 10:20 AM
This is most likely what is going on at 1265 and I don't have a problem with it either.

Who could have a problem with that.

My problem as a fan is with the quality of the communications.

MM didn't really have a clue about 'the bottom line' and when it was reasonable to expect AR's return.

Posters here have made better predictions on that, then MM armed with whatever he had ...ever could.

It's just that or his attempts at acting covertly made him look bad to shockingly so. Are you aware of the Presser where he tossed into a temper tantrum. MM completely lost it there and that wasn't necessary. Was it a case of too much frustration boiling all around him?

Anyone else see/seeing this stuff?

PACKERS ! GO PACKERS GO !!

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Quite frankly, if there is a risk of permanent damage sit him. Otherwise, play him if the coach and player are in agreement. Love listening to the boneheads on sports talk radio shows calling in saying Brett would have played, etc. IT IS TT AND McKenzie that are holding him out. Just hate this gamesmanship crap. Put him on IR if it's that freaking bad! Otherwise play him.

If there was zero chance of him playing again this season you put him on IR. But because he never was and is now practicing - even in a limited fashion - tells me they hope he plays again this season, even if we have to wait until the playoffs. Let's say they placed him on IR, we get into the playoffs and his collarbone is 100% in 2 weeks but because we put him on IR he can't play. I'm guessing this is what is really going on at 1265. He isn't ready yet but they don't want to risk not having him just in case we find a way to get into the post season.

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks pbmax.

GO PACKERS !

There is no way our HC would be left in the dark about the status of his starting QB's health and well being.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 10:35 AM
If there was zero chance of him playing again this season you put him on IR. But because he never was and is now practicing - even in a limited fashion - tells me they hope he plays again this season, even if we have to wait until the playoffs. Let's say they placed him on IR, we get into the playoffs and his collarbone is 100% in 2 weeks but because we put him on IR he can't play. I'm guessing this is what is really going on at 1265. He isn't ready yet but they don't want to risk not having him just in case we find a way to get into the post season.

I think their looking at Randall Cobb and Aaron Rodgers and weighing all regards and these two players.

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injured_reserve_list#NFL_rules

Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster...cont'd

How do you interpret the above Rule change and Aaron Rodgers status?

GO PACKERS ! ...GO PACK GO !

George Cumby
12-21-2013, 10:44 AM
There is no way our HC would be left in the dark about the status of his starting QB's health and well being.

This.

Pugger = The Voice of Reason

Cleft Crusty
12-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Starting in 2012, the NFL and the NFLPA reached an agreement allowing one player placed on injured reserve to be brought back to the active roster...cont'd

I interpret it as you don't know what you're talking about. Read what you wrote, slowly and carefully, and the answer will come to you.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 11:12 AM

If your correct:

A) Why did MM handle himself badly in press conferences in terms of specific time frame questions and Aaron Rodgers return.

B) Why were we informed that Aaron Rodgers would likely be out three weeks.

C) That became ..week to week in terms of a decision?

D) That then became day to day in terms of a decision?

F) Finally we arrive at this past Thursday Dec. 19, 2013 and MM seems clearly relieved at/with Aaron Rodgers status overall in practise and in the weight room. MM told us that Aaron Rodgers looked good.

Is this how anyone acts that's fully informed?

I say absolutely not.

If you disagree with me why?

I ask you to think about all above and maybe?... just maybe?? you may see it another way.

Maybe NOT !? :grin:

Cleft Crusty
12-21-2013, 11:19 AM

who informed you of this?

Pugger
12-21-2013, 11:24 AM
If your correct:

A) Why did MM handle himself badly in press conferences in terms of specific time frame questions and Aaron Rodgers return.

C) That became ..week to week in terms of a decision?

D) That then became day to day in terms of a decision?

F) Finally we arrive at this past Thursday Dec. 19, 2013 and MM seems clearly relieved at/with Aaron Rodgers status overall in practise and in the weight room. MM told us that Aaron Rodgers looked good.

Is this how anyone acts that's fully informed?

I say absolutely not.

If you disagree with me why?

I ask you to think about all above and maybe?... just maybe?? you may see it another way.

Maybe NOT !? :grin:

When in the hell did anyone at 1265 say Rodgers would be back in 3 weeks???

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 11:35 AM
When in the hell did anyone at 1265 say Rodgers would be back in 3 weeks???

I don't know..ask Mike McCarthy? He's the primary source of the inside information to the media isn't he?

What's your take ?

Where did that first come from... from whom?

It sure didn't come from Packer fans.

Packer fans speculated often with near pessimism over the time that injury would realistically heal. Packer fans are getting used to disappointment in terms of up front communications from as you put it...'1265'.

ThunderDan
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I think their looking at Randall Cobb and Aaron Rodgers and weighing all regards and these two players.

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Injured_reserve_list#NFL_rules

GO PACKERS ! ...GO PACK GO !

Maybe because you can only put one player on the IR designated to return and Cobb was hurt first.

Cobb got hurt against Balt
ARod got hurt against Chi

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 05:06 PM
I don't know..ask Mike McCarthy? He's the primary source of the inside information to the media isn't he?

What's your take ?

Packer fans speculated often with near pessimism over the time that injury would realistically heal. Packer fans are getting used to disappointment in terms of up front communications from as you put it...'1265'.

I'll just add this looking back from the beginning when MM said things that sure caused confusion and any timeline for AR's return:

An early report:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/230650681.html

From above this LINK:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/oh-no-not-aaron-rodgers-b99135314z1-230609911.html

A) That 3 week mention came from * here * (look at B) after please. That three week timeline wasn't Fr. the Green Bay Packer Organization as the early report divulges that 3 week timeline (SO that was unofficial).

* http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24191785/report-aaron-rodgers-injury-is-fractured-collarbone-out-three-weeks

Report: Aaron Rodgers could miss three weeks with collarbone injury

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tuesday morning that Rodgers suffered a small fracture in his collarbone and the Packers believe their QB will miss about three weeks.

"They don't have an exact diagnosis," McCarthy said. "No timeline. No exact diagnosis."

By: Will Brinson | NFL Writer ... November 5, 2013 9:07 am ET

** http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9929515/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-broken-collarbone

Aaron Rodgers has broken collarbone

Updated: November 5, 2013, 9:33 PM ET... ESPN.com news services

" Rodgers said on his weekly radio show that a timetable for his return has not been set, and Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday that the team is operating with "a week-to-week" mindset. "

We discussed that three weeks timeline here and I thought we felt that for his return to be actually in three (3) weeks would mean over optimism. Many here believed that when MM was saying it was week to week that that made little sense and all we really might believe from MM was that he was relieved that the injury wouldn't be season ending.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 05:10 PM

What's your take ?

Edit:

That 3 week timeline didn't come from Official Packer Organization sources..MM or otherwise.

Ignore B) in Post #41...this thread.

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Come on now, we all know that estimating a Packer injury follows the same guidelines for estimating projects: double the initial estimate then add another 50% for slop.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Come on now, we all know that estimating a Packer injury follows the same guidelines for estimating projects: double the initial estimate then add another 50% for slop.

Blame it on the Italian Community.

They go in for extra thick crust pizza.

pbmax
12-21-2013, 09:32 PM

That also works for Starfleet engineers.

Patler
12-22-2013, 12:01 AM
I wrote abut this shortly after the injury, but the following article captures it all from the mouths of orthopedic specialists:

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131221/PKR07/312210267/Pete-Dougherty-column-Long-term-interests-win-out-Rodgers-debate

To summarize:
- Blood circulation can be low in the area so that breaks heal slowly. Can be 12 weeks.
- Can vary widely from player to player.
- Can not tell ahead of time, only as healing progresses.
- Scans expose the area to such high radiation that it actually slows healing, so do infrequently.
- A complete displaced break has a higher risk of nerve damage, which can impact ability to raise arm.
- An incompletely healed break that was not displaced has a greater risk of sustaining a displaced break if hit again.

In my opinion, you need to minimize the risk of a rebreak as much as possible. Even if he never plays again this season, it was worth keeping him on the active roster in case he healed quickly and could play again.

This says it all for me:

In this case, according to three sports orthopedists I consulted Friday, a catastrophe could happen if Rodgers is reinjured and sustains collateral damage to the nerves under his collarbone. That damage can happen in surgery, where there’s also the risk of infection, blood clots and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. And it can happen because of the trauma upon reinjury.
'

“That’s where the major risk comes,” Podesta said, “because if he damages that (brachial plexus), then he can’t lift his arm up, and that’s a very difficult problem to deal with, especially if the nerves get permanently damaged. I’m sure that’s where his doctor is coming from. I would probably err on the side of holding him, especially if there’s still fracture seen on the X-rays.”

Patler
12-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Why did MM have to absorb all the heat and often look so uncomfortable and even rather foolish at times? You saw the video of his pressers . Maybe you didn't?... and might Patler. Mike McCarthy actually lost it on occasion ( seriously lost it with the media on one occasion ) and you might know what I refer to Patler.

Where was Ted Thompson in terms of communication and any visability in terms of the Packer players (His Roster)and us ..... the Packer fans?

Where was/is Ted Thompson?

If you had his responsibilities? Would you act as Ted Thompson does?

Please Patler...don't treat that as a moot question. Place yourself in that chair and for some time wear that hat as the Green Bay Packer GM. Be as I am here...specific to the Aaron Rodgers injury and all follow-up to this second.

Thanks ...have a wonderful weekend.

PS:

Stay away from the Packer thread this Sunday please, Eh. :lol:

What heat did MM have to absorb? Anyone who thought the Packers should be able to say with certainty when AR will return was being naive. He will return when he is sufficiently healed. They will know when that is, when it is.

MM gives the medical reports on all players at specific times. Rodgers was treated no differently than others, nor should he be.

Rodger is frustrated. MM is frustrated. I would bet that TT is just as frustrated.

What is it that you think TT should do? Conduct a special press conference every week to report on AR? To say what?

Season's Greetings to you, too Woody. Rest assured, I won't be anywhere near the Packer thread on Sunday. I'm a long way from home with lots of family things lined up with my entire flock of kids and Mrs. Patler. Probably won't watch this game until a week or 10 days from now, at the earliest, but I will certainly be looking for scores on Sunday!

CaptainKickass
12-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I'll just add this looking back from the beginning when MM said things that sure caused confusion and any timeline for AR's return:

An early report:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/230650681.html

From above this LINK:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/oh-no-not-aaron-rodgers-b99135314z1-230609911.html

A) That 3 week mention came from * here * (look at B) after please. That three week timeline wasn't Fr. the Green Bay Packer Organization as the early report divulges that 3 week timeline (SO that was unofficial).

* http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24191785/report-aaron-rodgers-injury-is-fractured-collarbone-out-three-weeks

Report: Aaron Rodgers could miss three weeks with collarbone injury

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Tuesday morning that Rodgers suffered a small fracture in his collarbone and the Packers believe their QB will miss about three weeks.

"They don't have an exact diagnosis," McCarthy said. "No timeline. No exact diagnosis."

By: Will Brinson | NFL Writer ... November 5, 2013 9:07 am ET

** http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9929515/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-broken-collarbone

Aaron Rodgers has broken collarbone

Updated: November 5, 2013, 9:33 PM ET... ESPN.com news services

" Rodgers said on his weekly radio show that a timetable for his return has not been set, and Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday that the team is operating with "a week-to-week" mindset. "

We discussed that three weeks timeline here and I thought we felt that for his return to be actually in three (3) weeks would mean over optimism. Many here believed that when MM was saying it was week to week that that made little sense and all we really might believe from MM was that he was relieved that the injury wouldn't be season ending.

GO PACKERS !

Holy fucking shitballs WoodBuck!

EVIDENCE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp67K_Sqd-8

pbmax
12-22-2013, 09:20 AM
That article did make a pretty good case. I would have preferred some percentages on those unlikely and more serious risks of a re-break, but the article does a good job of enumerating the specific risks that did not get much play since Rodgers started practicing.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 09:22 AM
What heat did MM have to absorb? Anyone who thought the Packers should be able to say with certainty when AR will return was being naive. He will return when he is sufficiently healed. They will know when that is, when it is.

MM gives the medical reports on all players at specific times. Rodgers was treated no differently than others, nor should he be.

Rodger is frustrated. MM is frustrated. I would bet that TT is just as frustrated.

What is it that you think TT should do? Conduct a special press conference every week to report on AR? To say what?

Season's Greetings to you, too Woody. Rest assured, I won't be anywhere near the Packer thread on Sunday. I'm a long way from home with lots of family things lined up with my entire flock of kids and Mrs. Patler. Probably won't watch this game until a week or 10 days from now, at the earliest, but I will certainly be looking for scores on Sunday!

I'm not going to disagree with you today Patler. This is a day when all of Packer Nation needs to be consistent and together in all believing that our beloved Packers will be victorious !

Where are you? At a cabin in the woods? I want all Packer fans screaming at their TV sets/screens today Patler.

You had my pass there Packer fan bud.

GO HARD PACKERS !...GO PACK GO ! BEAT DOWN ....on those steelers.

red
12-22-2013, 09:25 AM
one thing i remember from all my nice little trips to my ortho lately is about bones healing. he had a nice little booklet geared towards kids that i always read while waiting for him

the one thing that sticks out to me, is the last line in the book. it said "after a few years, it will heal so much that a doctor might not even be able to tell where the original fracture lines are". i read that as telling me that it might look like the crack is still there months, if not years later, even if it is healed.

if we're just going off of x-rays, then it probably still does look like a crack is there.

as for the technique someone mentioned about the doc putting his thumb on the spot and pressing down to see if there's pain. put your thumb on your collarbone and press down, hurts, doesn't it? and yours isn't broke

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 09:30 AM
I wrote abut this shortly after the injury, but the following article captures it all from the mouths of orthopedic specialists:

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131221/PKR07/312210267/Pete-Dougherty-column-Long-term-interests-win-out-Rodgers-debate

To summarize:
- Blood circulation can be low in the area so that breaks heal slowly. Can be 12 weeks.
- Can vary widely from player to player.
- Can not tell ahead of time, only as healing progresses.
- Scans expose the area to such high radiation that it actually slows healing, so do infrequently.
- A complete displaced break has a higher risk of nerve damage, which can impact ability to raise arm.
- An incompletely healed break that was not displaced has a greater risk of sustaining a displaced break if hit again.

In my opinion, you need to minimize the risk of a rebreak as much as possible. Even if he never plays again this season, it was worth keeping him on the active roster in case he healed quickly and could play again.

This says it all for me:

Flynn's collarbone >>> Rodgers collarbone.

We've got Flynn. We win with Flynn.

PACKERS WIN TODAY !

BELIEVE IT... EMBRACE IT !!

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 11:04 AM
I was just checking out some Packer fan comments on affairs with the Packers and it seems there's some unhappy campers posting there.

Packerrats is calm in comparison.

The nature of a forum in terms of some modicum of mutual respect. A benefit of being properly informed.

GO PACKERS ! ....GO PACK GO !

pbmax
12-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 1h
Aaron Rodgers fractured collarbone still "extraordinary risk" per sources. No real "organizational decision" as McCarthy repeated Friday

If from Packer Management, then we have now a situation where the team is leaking info that reflects poorly on comments made by its coach and player. If whatever the idea was gets to the pout where you are leaking to control a narrative you started internally, its time to rethink the plan.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 1h
Aaron Rodgers fractured collarbone still "extraordinary risk" per sources. No real "organizational decision" as McCarthy repeated Friday

If from Packer Management, then we have now a situation where the team is leaking info that reflects poorly on comments made by its coach and player. If whatever the idea was gets to the pout where you are leaking to control a narrative you started internally, its time to rethink the plan.

If source (s) have the TRUTH and are leaking that TRUTH:

A) Determine the source or sources and address that person those person(s) with a dull spoon ... as castratration may be in order.

A severe reaming out and shaking up certainly is.

B) If the source (s) are 100% accurate in regards to the TRUTH.:

It would be simply dumb for Aaron Rodgers to not be placed on season ending IR (Friday 20 Dec. 20, 2013.)

My analysis:

Edit: I don't believe it.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 11:33 AM
I interpret it as you don't know what you're talking about. Read what you wrote, slowly and carefully, and the answer will come to you.

You wrote this yesterday. I had you on IGNORE then.

What are you? A self appointed pseudo inquisitor here at Packerrats?

Your developing a serious compulsion/obsession Cleft.

Talk this over with mraynrand...He might help you. 'M' or mraynrand is on Packerats right now...Noon CT

:talk: to yourself.

PLEASE... We have a Packer game to concentrate on here today... NOT your silly ego.

I took you off IGNORE for one day as it's Game Day.

Have some decency...some fair respect. Lay off the personal attacks please.

Thank You.

Have a wonderful day Packer fan.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 11:35 AM
My analysis:

It's a crock ...

I think people are downplaying the fact that the Packers are willing to leave Rodgers on the roster and might allow him to play in the playoffs. Its not clear cut but it adds weeks to the recovery.

It will be 8 weeks next Sunday, the last regular season game.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 11:45 AM
I think people are downplaying the fact that the Packers are willing to leave Rodgers on the roster and might allow him to play in the playoffs. Its not clear cut but it adds weeks to the recovery.

I place no weight in that source (s).

The Packers are looking at Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb and their injury status. That's being weighed looking forward to next week (and season extending game in Chicago).

I sense it's right there pbmax.

Where are you and this?

Pugger
12-22-2013, 12:06 PM

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 12:25 PM

A very detailed article on the Aaron Rodgers status and decision to hold him out.

Excellent !

Thanks Pugger.

GO PACKERS !...GO PACK GO!

Take the Steelers !!

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 02:40 PM

I believe for the Packers it's a 'here in my left hand and over here in my right hand' thing and Rodgers and Cobb.

Then I weigh in on Rodgers and possibly slower that anticipated healing (bone repair) and if that's the case. Why delay the inevitable and ending AR's season? Then as you point out pbmax there's that thing about 8-9-10 weeks to heal.

Why is life sometimes so complicated?; but in terms of the LT benefit to AR and the Packers ...simple !

So what to do? Choose simple and he's back when he's back.

Forget who knows what..is saying what... said what and will say what.

GO PACK GO !

red
12-22-2013, 02:44 PM
i think the packers as an organization have shown they are a "play not to get hurt" type of team, which IMO is a lot like a "play not to lose" type of team

if you do any type of job and you're always wooried about getting hurt, guess what, you're gonna get hurt

ThunderDan
12-22-2013, 02:54 PM
i think the packers as an organization have shown they are a "play not to get hurt" type of team, which IMO is a lot like a "play not to lose" type of team

if you do any type of job and you're always wooried about getting hurt, guess what, you're gonna get hurt

That makes sense in a way.

I believe that if ARod was ready he would be starting. Too much on the line not to.

Something just isn't healing like they want.

Bretsky
12-24-2013, 01:04 AM

I'm sure you know from my history I like to start up some of the stir the pot threads....read up on all the comments of the bunch, think things over, and comment later. Your comments, IMO, are very Patler like. You are thinking rationally.....perhaps a bit conservative, and long term. The worst case scenario with your though process is we don't win the Super Bowl this year, and we get a healthy AROD Back for next year when we can make the run. You probably also know the odds are very strong that we won't win the Super Bowl regardless this year so in the big picture of things it really is probably smarter to start Flynn, lose the the Bears, and get healthy for next year.

You probably know I rarely go with a conservative line of thinking (except in politics and some moral issues). My guess is you are investing in stocks that you are very confident will make you some money and you probably know your downside risk is minimal. I 'm probably the extreme on the other side. I look at stocks like Under Armour, YELP, WDAY, and TWTR......stocks you'd probably think that I'm an idiot to sink my hard earned money into. I'm a bit of a dreamer....shooting for the impossible dream..of turning a few grand into a 100 grand......hence my bias for throwing AROD back into the mix in time to allow us to get into a make a run into the playoffs.

We have no business making the playoffs with Matt Flynn and if it happens it will be a charade with him as our QB. We're easy pickins for whoever we face round one and the realist and coservative side of me say we'll be an embarrassment in the playoffs round one with Flynn so take the dam draft pick.

But the dreamer side of me says..........what if AROD does return....MM calls a few great games in a row....quick drops...minimimzing his hits....and what if he gets hot......and Clay returns.........and we beat Carolina or San Fran at home round one............and we make a deep run.........

Could it happen ? Can I turn a few G to UnderArmour Stock into a multi bagger..................................it's possible !!!!!

FREE RODGERS
FREE RODGERS
FREE ROGGERS !!!

Bretsky
12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
If you think him not being medically cleared is bullshit what would be your guess as to why TT is keeping Rodgers from playing?

I think he's the GM and he's erring on the side of caution in a season that we don't have a strong chance of winning the Super Bowl. Being medically cleared to play and being 100 percent healed IMO are different.....hence the reason why I think MM and AROD want to go to war on the field while TT wants to protect his 100MIL investment.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 01:16 AM
I place no weight in that source (s).

The Packers are looking at Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb and their injury status. That's being weighed looking forward to next week (and season extending game in Chicago).

I sense it's right there pbmax.

Where are you and this?

How many roster spots are now open?

It seems I read that when Jolly and Bostic went on IR that the Packers 'Organization', or is it 'TEAM', didn't fill either spot.

I hope that Aaron Rodgers and/or Randall Cobb can get back to the TEAM this week.

That the Packer 'organization' decides to help out 'the TEAM'.

GO PACK...GO PACK GO !

Patler
12-24-2013, 03:46 AM
My guess is you are investing in stocks that you are very confident will make you some money and you probably know your downside risk is minimal. I 'm probably the extreme on the other side. I look at stocks like Under Armour, YELP, WDAY, and TWTR......stocks you'd probably think that I'm an idiot to sink my hard earned money into. I'm a bit of a dreamer....shooting for the impossible dream..of turning a few grand into a 100 grand......hence my bias for throwing AROD back into the mix in time to allow us to get into a make a run into the playoffs.

...and you would be very wrong with your "guess" about my investing style. I have had more then my share of 25%-50% losers even during the last few years of a market easy to make money in. Doesn't bother me because I have also had a similar number of 50%-100%+ winners. A sizable portion of my investments are in high beta stocks, and I have intentionally jumped around from one industry to another playing a lot of long shot start-up or emerging companies. My new play ground is in small pharma companies who will make it or die based on FDA approval and subsequent success of a single or only a few drugs. Interesting as heck, but not a place for the weak-stomached investor. I recently doubled down on a stock that I was 53% unerwater on, and that isn't the first time I have done that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. However, I make certain that I have sound reasons for doing it each time. Basically, I look at it fresh and ask myself whether I would buy it today if I owned none. If the answer is yes, I buy more. If the answer is no, I sell what I have, take my loss and move on. The decision whether or not to invest does not depend on the potential return, it depends on sound analysis.

The decision with Rodgers is similar. Whether or not he should play has absolutely nothing to do with their playoff picture. It is irrational to think that he is sufficiently healed to play only because the game has playoff implications. He is either sufficiently healed to play NFL football, or he isn't. The game doesn't matter.

The more I have read about the risks, the more concerned I am:
- everyone agrees, with an existing fracture he is at significantly increased risk of sustaining a dislocated fracture,
- the risk declines with healing of the initial fracture.
- a dislocated fracture has increased risk for injuring a bundle of nerves just below the bone.
- injury to those nerves can require months of physical thereapy to regain full movement of the arm on that side.
- that same injury can then affect his throwing motion on the other side because of the anchor the off arm & shoulder provide.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 07:24 AM

"the Packers are paying Rodgers $18.7 million a year to try to win titles" Fr. LINK above

I read an article over the past three days that detaiied information RE:Johnny Jolly and Brandon Bostic being placed on season ending IR.

I noted that both will as a direct result of that move suffer what I interpreted as dramatic reduction in $Salary$.

If the same had been done with Aaron Rodgers; and that based on some of the leaked and to date "unidentifiable sources'. Leaked information that informed me that the injury to Aaron Rodgers was far more serious than we were led to believe it was.

That contradicted by:

MM saying that he was relieved to know that Aaron Rodgers would at some time return to play this season.

If the information from some Packer source in the know is the TRUTH? That information passed onto ESPN.

Why wasn't Aaron Rodgers simply placed on season ending IR; the same as Jolly and Bostic and other Packers that were seriously injured this season?

Wouldn't such a move with Aaron Rodgers injury have saved the Green Bay Packer Organization a fair chunk of change?

Much more money than the savings accumulated from the injury status (IR) of all the other Packer players combined?

If Aaron's injury is and has been all along as seriously injured as it's being reported by whomever (Chris Mortensen - ESPN ? ...his source). There are so many articles it's difficult to sift through them all.

What has all this been, but **silly gamesmanship? Why do I write that? **

All observable sides of it and 'excluding the invisible TT', who we must assume has the voice of Dr. Patrick McKenzie.

Dr. Patrick McKenzie 'the 'Big Guy' in any 'Final Call' on Aaron Rodgers being medically cleared to return to full duty as a Green Bay Packer QB.

** That is Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers and now... an ESPN out sourced reporter reports to really muck things up.

All are seemingly playing different roles and certainly NOT doing even a half decent job of being on the same page.

What is really going on here? What's this all been about?

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 08:34 AM
"the Packers are paying Rodgers $18.7 million a year to try to win titles" Fr. LINK above

I read an article over the past three days that detaiied information RE:Johnny Jolly and Brandon Bostic being placed on season ending IR.

I noted that both will as a direct result of that move suffer what I interpreted as dramatic reduction in $Salary$.

If the same had been done with Aaron Rodgers; and that based on some of the leaked and to date "unidentifiable sources'. Leaked information that informed me that the injury to Aaron Rodgers was far more serious than we were led to believe it was.

That contradicted by:

MM saying that he was relieved to know that Aaron Rodgers would at some time return to play this season.

If the information from some Packer source in the know is the TRUTH? That information passed onto ESPN.

Why wasn't Aaron Rodgers simply placed on season ending IR; the same as Jolly and Bostic and other Packers that were seriously injured this season?

Wouldn't such a move with Aaron Rodgers injury have saved the Green Bay Packer Organization a fair chunk of change?

Much more money than the savings accumulated from the injury status (IR) of all the other Packer players combined?

If Aaron's injury is and has been all along as seriously injured as it's being reported by whomever (Chris Mortensen - ESPN ? ...his source). There are so many articles it's difficult to sift through them all.

What has all this been, but **silly gamesmanship? Why do I write that? **

All observable sides of it and 'excluding the invisible TT', who we must assume has the voice of Dr. Patrick McKenzie.

Dr. Patrick McKenzie 'the 'Big Guy' in any 'Final Call' on Aaron Rodgers being medically cleared to return to full duty as a Green Bay Packer QB.

** That is Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers and now... an ESPN out sourced reporter reports to really muck things up.

All are seemingly playing different roles and certainly NOT doing even a half decent job of being on the same page.

What is really going on here? What's this all been about?

So with this PR mess what is 'the BEST PR MOVE' that the Packers Team or Organization can make right now!?

I believe it's this:

Tell us Packer fans TODAY that Aaron Rodgers is medically cleared to do what he's payed to do:

Help the Packer team... his teammates, coach's and HC Mike McCarthy win that game this Sunday in Chicago and WIN the NFCN Championship.

Then be the man that helps the Green Bay Packers win 'the Wild Card Game' in the playoffs and well ....we'll see. :grin:

It's time that Aaron Rodgers gets a chance to do what he's payed to do. Get the Packers back to winning football games not covert battles or acting like some member of a Secret Society.

That's my final Word (s) at this point on Christmas Eve 2013; on this whole Aaron Rodgers injury 'fiasco'.

The Packer Organization has a lot to learn over this whole thing. Maybe they havn't yet?

We'll soon see.

GO PACK GO !

Fosco33
12-26-2013, 01:55 PM
"Free at last, free at last...."

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 02:33 PM
My new play ground is in small pharma companies who will make it or die based on FDA approval and subsequent success of a single or only a few drugs. Interesting as heck, but not a place for the weak-stomached investor. I recently doubled down on a stock that I was 53% unerwater on, and that isn't the first time I have done that. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I just call up my friends at the pharm companies and at the FDA and ask them over a beer how that approval process is going. I do very well, but I have to send some pretty nice Christmas presents to my peeps at the SEC, and that's not a college football conference if you get my drift. I'm waiting now for the orange crop estimates to be released for 2014....

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm sure you know from my history I like to start up some of the stir the pot threads....read up on all the comments of the bunch, think things over, and comment later. Your comments, IMO, are very Patler like. You are thinking rationally.....perhaps a bit conservative, and long term. The worst case scenario with your though process is we don't win the Super Bowl this year, and we get a healthy AROD Back for next year when we can make the run. You probably also know the odds are very strong that we won't win the Super Bowl regardless this year so in the big picture of things it really is probably smarter to start Flynn, lose the the Bears, and get healthy for next year.

You probably know I rarely go with a conservative line of thinking (except in politics and some moral issues). My guess is you are investing in stocks that you are very confident will make you some money and you probably know your downside risk is minimal. I 'm probably the extreme on the other side. I look at stocks like Under Armour, YELP, WDAY, and TWTR......stocks you'd probably think that I'm an idiot to sink my hard earned money into. I'm a bit of a dreamer....shooting for the impossible dream..of turning a few grand into a 100 grand......hence my bias for throwing AROD back into the mix in time to allow us to get into a make a run into the playoffs.

We have no business making the playoffs with Matt Flynn and if it happens it will be a charade with him as our QB. We're easy pickins for whoever we face round one and the realist and coservative side of me say we'll be an embarrassment in the playoffs round one with Flynn so take the dam draft pick.

But the dreamer side of me says..........what if AROD does return....MM calls a few great games in a row....quick drops...minimimzing his hits....and what if he gets hot......and Clay returns.........and we beat Carolina or San Fran at home round one............and we make a deep run.........

Could it happen ? Can I turn a few G to UnderArmour Stock into a multi bagger..................................it's possible !!!!!

FREE RODGERS
FREE RODGERS
FREE ROGGERS !!!

There's enough return on that stock today to maybe? Plan for dinner in the Caribbean this winter B.

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 09:33 PM
How many roster spots are now open?

It seems I read that when Jolly and Bostic went on IR that the Packers 'Organization', or is it 'TEAM', didn't fill either spot.

I hope that Aaron Rodgers and/or Randall Cobb can get back to the TEAM this week.

That the Packer 'organization' decides to help out 'the TEAM'.

GO PACK...GO PACK GO !

I got my wish because I've been a good boy.

I think.....

woodbuck27
12-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Is a Thank You Ted Thompson in order?

27 December

Rodgers puts Packers back in championship contention.

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2013/12/27/rodgers-puts-packers-back-in-championship-contention/

GO PACKERS !