PDA

View Full Version : PICKETT.........WILL HE STAY OR WILL HE GO ???

Bretsky
12-21-2013, 07:53 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/236769251.html

Bretsky
12-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Gotta think TT will throw a two year bone out there for a cheap price...say 4-5MIL ......and he'll go sign somewhere else for 4MIL per year range

BTW,...............thee is one terrble mistake in the article that sent me to laughter....anybody else catch it ??

red
12-21-2013, 08:34 AM
your link was too another a-rod article, not one about pickett

i don't know, the guy is clearly on the downside of his career. and has TT ever resigned or signed anyone that was that old (pickett will turn 35 early next season)

i don't think he's back

pbmax
12-21-2013, 08:41 AM
I think you meant this link: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/elder-statesman-ryan-pickett-aims-to-keep-going-b99168427z1-236828641.html

I don't mind them keeping Pickett, but this is the second year he has struggled with an injury that has bothered his play most of the season. He won't likely play 100% for an entire season anymore.

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Gotta think TT will throw a two year bone out there for a cheap price...say 4-5MIL ......and he'll go sign somewhere else for 4MIL per year range

BTW,...............thee is one terrble mistake in the article that sent me to laughter....anybody else catch it ??

My issue of free articles at JSO has long expired this month B.

I would like to read that...cannot.

I hope he stays B. That will depend on what TT offers him and other considerations I'm sure?

Maybe he'll elect to take his life somewhere else to complete his career...or retire?

Ryan Pickett has been overall very good for the Packers.

Take them Steelers Down !

mraynrand
12-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Pickett is finished. Gotta pray for productivity from Boyd Aviation and whomever they draft for next year. Middle of the defense is on my Christmas wish: Ngataesque DT, LB, safety.

pbmax
12-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Pickett is finished. Gotta pray for productivity from Boyd Aviation and whomever they draft for next year. Middle of the defense is on my Christmas wish: Ngataesque DT, LB, safety.

Fletch?

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 09:49 AM

" Middle of the defense is on my Christmas wish: Ngataesque DT, LB, safety. " mraynrand

I agree with you there 'M'; but wonder why your so apparently sure that Ryan Pickett is finished?

Do you have 'just a hunch' and that 'M'?

GO PACKERS ! ...GO PACK GO !!

Pugger
12-21-2013, 10:39 AM
your link was too another a-rod article, not one about pickett

i don't know, the guy is clearly on the downside of his career. and has TT ever resigned or signed anyone that was that old (pickett will turn 35 early next season)

i don't think he's back

Gee, I thought he was playing pretty darn well for a year 13 vet before he hurt that knee.

bobblehead
12-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Yep, this D needs help right up the middle.

red
12-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Gee, I thought he was playing pretty darn well for a year 13 vet before he hurt that knee.

i don't think he's horrible by any means, in fact he might still be our best lineman

but i do not think he is the same player he was in the past, and when you see that type of downward movement at his age, it sends up red flags

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 01:36 PM
i don't think he's horrible by any means, in fact he might still be our best lineman

but i do not think he is the same player he was in the past, and when you see that type of downward movement at his age, it sends up red flags

I think he's an option for TT to certainly consider based on his experience and leadership red.

red
12-21-2013, 03:53 PM
I think he's an option for TT to certainly consider based on his experience and leadership red.

so was charles woodson, and driver

i'm convinced that keeping a guy for his leadership qualities and experience is not something TT cares about

we only have 5 guys on the roster over 30, 6 if you include seneca

rodgers- 30
tramon- 30
jolly- 30
kuhn- 31
wallace- 33
pickett- 34

TT does not like old players, hasn't the fact that we have had the youngest team in the nfl for about 7 or 8 years now proven that?

hell we only have 10 or 11 guys over 27, and 19 guys that are over 26. that includes guys on IR. 19 out of 66 guys are older then 26

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 03:59 PM
so was charles woodson, and driver

i'm convinced that keeping a guy for his leadership qualities and experience is not something TT cares about

Yup...it seems your right.

Do we win tomorrow red?

red
12-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Yup...it seems your right.

Do we win tomorrow red?

i honestly have no clue

which team shows up? the team that played the lions and the first half of the cowboys game, or the team that finished the cowboys game?

will pittsburgh be eliminated fom the playoffs by kickoff or not?

i think you could flip a coin here. we could blow them out, or we could be blown out imo

woodbuck27
12-21-2013, 04:17 PM
i honestly have no clue

which team shows up? the team that played the lions and the first half of the cowboys game, or the team that finished the cowboys game?

will pittsburgh be eliminated fom the playoffs by kickoff or not?

i think you could flip a coin here. we could blow them out, or we could be blown out imo

I'm placing my bet on our side right now.

If we fall out of it fast that won't be cool.

Big Ben wants a win in Lambeau too much! Revenge from the last meeting ! He'll be very tough.

Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau will be at their best. Some pressure on Tomlin (Lebeau) in Pittsburgh. Their motivated 'certainly' by that.

I can't wait for that game.