PDA

View Full Version : week 16 other games thread

red
12-22-2013, 12:16 PM
i hate nfl rules

saints rookie safety pulls down deangelo williams with a horse collar, gets a flag. he then gets up and taughts williams, gets another flag

personal foul, horse collar, that penalty is declined
personal foul, taunting, that penalty is accepted

why?

why can't both penalties count?

if a team does two shitty things on the same play, both penalties should count imo

red
12-22-2013, 12:17 PM
i also think its very weird that the bears game today really doesn't matter. yet the game next week could mean everything

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Here we go red.

denverYooper
12-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Von Miller is out for the game with a knee injury. Huge loss for the Broncos... their D has already been struggling lately.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Von Miller is out for the game with a knee injury. Huge loss for the Broncos... their D has already been struggling lately.

That would be a serious loss.

denverYooper
12-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 5m

So Kenny Vaccaro, Von Miller and Steve Smith all knocked out of their respective games in the last 15 minutes. Rough start to this Sunday.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 01:06 PM

That is serious for Denver.

The Saints might have lost Rookie S Kenny Vaccaro and it might be a serious injury or out for the season?

See below and the Panthers WR Steve Smith. NFL football is dangerous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/kenny-vaccaro-hauled-off-for-saints/

The satellite signal isn't good here today and I wanted to check in on that game some.

I'm getting the Minny @ Cincy and NO @ Carolina games so far. ;-)

It'll rip big big gas if I can't see the Packer game.

The Lambeau seating needs a ton of work. Loads of snow....looking at the Field CAM I don't see a lot going on there.

MadScientist
12-22-2013, 01:08 PM
i hate nfl rules

saints rookie safety pulls down deangelo williams with a horse collar, gets a flag. he then gets up and taughts williams, gets another flag

personal foul, horse collar, that penalty is declined
personal foul, taunting, that penalty is accepted

why?

why can't both penalties count?

if a team does two shitty things on the same play, both penalties should count imo

Especially in this case where one is during the play and the other is a dead ball foul. They could both count. At least the idiot safety will take a big pay check hit this week.

red
12-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Kenny Vaccaro broke his ankle. he had it all kinds of twisted up under a pile. they put an inflatable cast on him immediately

he's done for they year

red
12-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Especially in this case where one is during the play and the other is a dead ball foul. They could both count. At least the idiot safety will take a big pay check hit this week.

yup, there was a call in one of our games like that a few weeks back. it was like a facemask then a personal foul after the play, or holding with a personal foul or something like that. i remember thinking how dumb it was that a team couldn't accept both

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 01:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Dolphins off to slow start in Buffalo

Posted by Josh Alper on December 22, 2013, 2:00 PM EST

Bills up 10-0 in Buffalo.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Kenny Vaccaro broke his ankle. he had it all kinds of twisted up under a pile. they put an inflatable cast on him immediately

he's done for they year

Ouch ! I broke a leg playing ball and that sucks.

MadScientist
12-22-2013, 01:14 PM
The games we get are Broncos-Texans, and Bengals-Vikings. Why? They could at least show Colts-Chiefs, and even if MN is closer, Panthers-Saints is a much better match up. The NFL needs to review local lineups and make sure regions are not getting games so shitty they will drive fans to do something else.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 01:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/bengals-take-14-7-lead-vs-vikings/

Bengals over the Vikings 14-7.. . .end of the 1st Qtr.

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Cowboys ahead at halftime. No way the Cowboys blow a halftime lead.

Guiness
12-22-2013, 01:35 PM

It would seem to make sense when a dead ball foul is involved, with the dead ball foul not affecting down and distance, kind of like the way some penalties are assessed to the endorsed KO returns.

gbgary
12-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Cowboys ahead at halftime. No way the Cowboys blow a halftime lead.

it's starting to happen again...

red
12-22-2013, 01:59 PM
the skies just opened up in carolina

sheets of rain are being blown straight across the field

oh, and cam might be hurt, they are looking at him on the sideline

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 02:30 PM
the skies just opened up in carolina

sheets of rain are being blown straight across the field

oh, and cam might be hurt, they are looking at him on the sideline

I want the Panthers to win that game.

I've got my satellite signal now for most of the games. I had to wade in snow to my arse fpr about 60 yards to get to the dish.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Skins on top of the Boys right now....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/22/redskins-grab-lead-after-two-cowboys-turnovers/

Wow ! That site is about 28 Mins. slow.

channtheman
12-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Horrible mismanagement of the clock in Carolina. The Panthers took 2 minutes to go 3 yards with 4 minutes left in the game. Then they punt right at the 2 minute warning and lose out on using it as a timeout for their defense. I can't believe the series I just saw out of the Panther offense. No sense of urgency.

red
12-22-2013, 02:57 PM
shit, cowboys just scored with a minute 8 left, one point lead

red
12-22-2013, 03:00 PM
panthers driving. inside the saints 15 with 28 seconds left

red
12-22-2013, 03:01 PM
panthers TD

saints CB came on an untouched blitz and just ran right pass cam, barely even touched cam

denverYooper
12-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Manning just threw his 51st TD of the year.

red
12-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Manning just threw his 51st TD of the year.

new record?

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
new record?

Yep. Passed 2007 Brady.

red
12-22-2013, 07:59 PM
gotta love the NFL (Nerfed Football League), a quarter backs wet dream

digitaldean
12-22-2013, 08:00 PM
So much for Schwartz keeping his job. Stick a fork in him. Losing to a crappy Giants team with nothing to play for AT HOME. Inexcusable, sort of like fumbling inside your own 20 with less than 2 minutes left in the game or jumping offside on a chip shot FG....

Hope the Eagles can keep this up for the entire game, at least Packers would have a shot to play for something next week.

Turned radio off when driving to in laws before Carolina got ball back on final drive. That was a shocker. NO kept him in check whole game.

Kudos to AZ for going into SEA and punching Pete Carroll's team in the mouth and coming out with a win.

red
12-22-2013, 08:10 PM
So much for Schwartz keeping his job. Stick a fork in him. Losing to a crappy Giants team with nothing to play for AT HOME. Inexcusable, sort of like fumbling inside your own 20 with less than 2 minutes left in the game or jumping offside on a chip shot FG....

Hope the Eagles can keep this up for the entire game, at least Packers would have a shot to play for something next week.

Turned radio off when driving to in laws before Carolina got ball back on final drive. That was a shocker. NO kept him in check whole game.

Kudos to AZ for going into SEA and punching Pete Carroll's team in the mouth and coming out with a win.

hey, we got blown out by those same giants

can we fire our coach too?

digitaldean
12-22-2013, 08:28 PM
hey, we got blown out by those same giants

can we fire our coach too?

Yes, I do know we got beat by those same Giants. I'd fire a coach...Slocum. He is worthless as ST coach. So many opportunities in this game wasted. Packers offense had to get a break from officials to get the ball back when we couldn't initially score from the 2 yard line.

This team if it miraculously made the playoffs would be one and done anyway. The Packers would face either NO, Carolina, SF or AZ. All of those 4 teams could kick the Packers tail because they all have very good defenses (ones better than the Steelers)

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:50 PM
nfc east and north are embarrassing. exercises in futility.

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow. Von Miller done. That's going to be a big loss for the Broncos in the postseason.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 11m
Von Miller has a torn ACL according to NFL source. Done for season. Details coming at http://denverpost.com/broncos