PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flynn: Idiot of the Year?

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Even with the runoff, you spike the ball to give your team at least 2 shots at the endzone. 7-8 seconds after spike is plenty of time to run 2 plays.

Btw: games like these are why you play your best returner even if he's a starter. Cobb is hurt, yes, but a healthy Cobb woulda taken Hyde's return to the house. Hyde is quick but he just doesnt have breakaway speed. Nice play, though. :)

Go Eagles!

CaptainKickass
12-22-2013, 07:09 PM
I can't blame Flynn for the lineman jump.

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Darren Charles would have caught that pass.

CaptainKickass
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Matt Flynn to Darren Charles? I don't think that can happen. Isn't that way too many first names in a row and gets the flag? I think that's a 5 beer penalty and repeat the 1st drink.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I can't blame Flynn for the lineman jump.

Yeah, that's not Flynn' fault.

But after the runoff, it was 2nd and goal with like 10 seconds left with the clock running. Spike the ball. Flynn did not only fail to spike the ball, he wasted valuable time hot-routing and then he missed an open Nelson.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM

No No No few WR's in the NFL would have turned a lot of Matt Flynn's ducks into TD's.

He was way off on his pass's today. His veloscity wasn't.

MM cannot expect Matt Flynn to pass into such narrow windows and you know that Joe. You know that very well man.

red
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
the quarless catch got us to the 5 with about 1:20 or 1:15 left

we got off 2 plays in that time. thats horrible. i hated the run call with 43 seconds left. from the 5, take your 4 shots through the air

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 07:22 PM

But after the runoff, it was 2nd and goal with like 10 seconds left with the clock running. Spike the ball. Flynn did not only fail to spike the ball, he wasted valuable time hot-routing and then he missed an open Nelson.

Of course your right.

Flynn maybe gets too into the blinders.

Imagine the excitement the intense RUSH too much!?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-22-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm wondering if his performance today may have cost him the backup job? You need him now, but once Packers eliminated, they can groom Tolzien who has a much better arm.

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Lang and Perry with BONEHEADED plays. Tomlin also... for not kneeling on the ball. The rest was a fun game.

red
12-22-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm wondering if his performance today may have cost him the backup job? You need him now, but once Packers eliminated, they can groom Tolzien who has a much better arm.

tolzien couldn't win and was throwing int's left and right

flynn has gone 2-2-1. and he had less time to work with this team this year then tolzien had. i think he's done just fine

bobblehead
12-22-2013, 07:39 PM

we got off 2 plays in that time. thats horrible. i hated the run call with 43 seconds left. from the 5, take your 4 shots through the air

I'm convinced that we run it again and score without the penalty.

red
12-22-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm convinced that we run it again and score without the penalty.

the play we ran on the penalty play was a run that didn't get into the endzone.

honestly, without the penalty we might have had less then 10 seconds for the next play

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Lang and Perry with BONEHEADED plays. Tomlin also... for not kneeling on the ball. The rest was a fun game.

Tomlin probably didn't like his chances of making a kick in the snow after witnessing Crosby's infamous kick earlier in the game.

So many idiots in this game but I would say Flynn is the most idiotic.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-22-2013, 07:51 PM
tolzien couldn't win and was throwing int's left and right

flynn has gone 2-2-1. and he had less time to work with this team this year then tolzien had. i think he's done just fine

Maybe. But you can coach a guy on reducing interceptions, but you can't coach accuracy, and Flynn plain ass missed many throws today, and seems to be limited on throws to attempt. In any event, the way the Eagles are starting, and my belief on odds of Rogers playing next week, we have to ride the horse we have.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 08:09 PM

MM pass's when he needs to run and vice versa.

It's frustrating oe to use a better word shocking. It's like how do I make the bad call and lose this sucker. I think that this season has been over the top too much for a whole bunch of people....in the:

ORGANIZATION !

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:14 PM
agree...the last 10 secs sucked. flynn is basically a rookie.

disagree...cobb should never see st again...period!!

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:16 PM

I don't mind the run IF they have a pass to run right after it, but they did not and nearly a full 40 ran off.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 08:18 PM
agree...the last 10 secs sucked. flynn is basically a rookie.

disagree...cobb should never see st again...period!!

DeSean Jackson is returning punts against the Bears and he's the Eagles only bona fide receiver. Can't play scared.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:19 PM

That's not a bad plan.

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:20 PM
DeSean Jackson is returning punts against the Bears and he's the Eagles only bona fide receiver. Can't play scared.

playing hyde isn't playing scared. he's more than adequate.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:21 PM

Its going to be an interesting camp. I think they bring both in, but I think only one will stick. Tolzien cannot be on the PS anymore and the Packers aren't going to carry 2 QBs at the start of the season.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:24 PM

Yeah, that is pretty damming. Quarless' play started with 1:25 left on the clock. Packers ran 3 plays one of which was a penalty that cost them 10 seconds with no clock stoppage.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 08:26 PM
playing hyde isn't playing scared. he's more than adequate.

Hyde doesn't have the breakaway speed that Cobb has.

Look at the top returners in the NFL. From Hester to Patterson to D-Jax, they all have breakaway speed, which is essential for home run returns.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Well, maybe Flynn is NOT an idiot after all.

Wisconsin-ASU all over again?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/236965031.html

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:33 PM

i really don't give a darn. he's more important to the o than he is to the st. he's exposed to enough danger running pass routes without exposing him to kamikaze kick coverage too. the o would have been a damn sight better with cobb during these flynn days than it has been without him.

red
12-22-2013, 08:34 PM

Look at the top returners in the NFL. From Hester to Patterson to D-Jax, they all have breakaway speed, which is essential for home run returns.

yet hyde did have a breakaway TD earlier this year where he looked like he had more then enough speed

ThunderDan
12-22-2013, 08:39 PM
If Perry doesn't fuck up on the FG. We still have a time out left and only down 3. Worst case scenario we tie the game and get two more shots for a TD.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 08:41 PM

Still think Flynn should've lined up under center with intent to spike ball. Maybe then the refs wouldn't have been so idiotic along with Flynn.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Sounds like he wanted them to start at the whistle but no one heard it. Would have had to quiet the crowd.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 08:44 PM
i really don't give a darn. he's more important to the o than he is to the st. he's exposed to enough danger running pass routes without exposing him to kamikaze kick coverage too. the o would have been a damn sight better with cobb during these flynn days than it has been without him.

I telling ya, a guy with breakaway speed probably wouldve scored on a play similar to Hyde's last return. I think Baltimore's return guy did it against Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.

Bottom line is players play. You play your best players. Cobb is clearly the Pack's best returner.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 08:44 PM

He is but he got hurt on O, so the question is whether punt returner that much dangerous that wide receiver. I am not sure it is. Kickoffs I am more worried about.

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:47 PM

the refs giveth and the refs taketh away.

gbgary
12-22-2013, 08:47 PM
He is but he got hurt on O, so the question is whether punt returner that much dangerous that punt returner. I am not sure it is. Kickoffs I am more worried about.

i know...just saying.