PDA

View Full Version : Studs & Duds

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Studs

Lacy - Must suck to have to tackle him.

Hawk - Great INT got Pack back in the game.

Hyde - Great return gave Pack a chance at the end.

Starks - Pack still had a running game when Lacy went out.

Duds

Flynn - 2 costly turnovers, and didn't deliver in red zone.

Jennings - Can we finally end this charade of him being a starter?

Quarless - 1 catch and some costly mistakes.

Offensive line - Too may penalties.

Perry - Only time I heard his name was when he committed a costly penalty.

Raji - See Perry

Slocum - Fire his ass!

red
12-22-2013, 09:08 PM
boykins had another pretty good game, had some drops, but good overall

seems to be flynns go-to-guy

good list though

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
What is Matthews? Sacked the QB then took the ball and went home....Yet again.

CaptainKickass
12-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Duds:
Perry & Lang for stupidity. Slocum. Refs.

Studs:
Lacy, Starks, weird special teams "batting" rule.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Stud - Richardson

Sure he looks like he has two left feet in coverage. Still looked more assignment sure than Jennings and made a few nice, sure tackles.

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Stud - Richardson

Sure he looks like he has two left feet in coverage. Still looked more assignment sure than Jennings and made a few nice, sure tackles.

I am not a big fan of Richardson. The guy is slow as dirt.

Made some nice hits at the LOS, but sucked in coverage. Pitts 2nd to last TD, Richardson was late getting to the TE. A faster safety likely would've picked it off.

woodbuck27
12-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Studs:

a) Eddie Lacy... Considering he's playing hurt. Outstanding and the gutsy performance of that type of man makes me get all churned up inside..

b) Nice effort by James Starks as a #2 RB and when called upon for more duty

c) Micah Hyde...a BIG WOW and I believe a breakout game. A game that he can be extremely proud of and build on. That performance should help him overall a lot.

d) Another steady performance from James Jones. That reception where he took the ball away from the DB was incredible.

e) I thought that Mike Neal had a decent game on 'D'. Did he end up out of that game near the end?

DUDS:

So easy here :

1) FUDD DUD #1 Packer HC Mike McCarthy :

I'm not telling you why here. That's located near the game thread. When I wrote that I was really sure how I felt about Mike McCarthy's worst moments in that loss. I felt betrayed by Mike McCarthy. I didn't write a rant. I wrote that based on all I felt inside after that loss that need not have been.

2) FUDD DUD #2 for Dom Capers.

The fella that is the Packer DC and responsible for a defense that allowed a disgraceful total of
38 points today.

** The same guy who's defense allowed 36 points Vs Dallas.

**That in this season saw his defense allow over 35 points a total of SIX (6) times.

That's outrageous. He must be FIRED at the end of this season. Either that or clean house in terms of roster spots on the defensive side of the ball and TT won't allow his precious draft picks to get away. I can name a bunch of players that under perform weekly on 'D'. I'm sick to my stomach of the excuses ... all the damn excuses.

FUDD DUDD #3: Another really easy choice here:

FUDD DUD #3 goes to ST's Coach (again and for too many times again this season) Shawn Slocum. Get him the 'H' out of Green Bay ASAP.

pbmax
12-22-2013, 09:57 PM

Made some nice hits at the LOS, but sucked in coverage. Pitts 2nd to last TD, Richardson was late getting to the TE. A faster safety likely would've picked it off.

I am all for faster if it can play. Jennings can't play.

KYPack
12-22-2013, 10:00 PM

Not a shutdown safety, eh?

Rodgers12
12-22-2013, 10:01 PM

Agree with you regarding Jennings.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Agree with you regarding Jennings.

Did - Clay's thumb, Roger's collarbone, Lacy's ankle, etc

Bretsky
12-23-2013, 06:45 AM

Richardson looks like a keeper as a long term backup......aka...our 4mil per yr guy

Fritz
12-23-2013, 07:47 AM
This team needs wide bodies on the defensive line if they're gonna play a 3-4. No more Jerel Worthys. Then draft about three inside linebackers who are fast, and a real safety. Put Perry on the right next year, move Clay all over, and see how it goes.

bobblehead
12-23-2013, 08:49 AM
This team needs wide bodies on the defensive line if they're gonna play a 3-4. No more Jerel Worthys. Then draft about three inside linebackers who are fast, and a real safety. Put Perry on the right next year, move Clay all over, and see how it goes.

I think Perry and Neal are both better than our ILB's. We should use Perry fixed on right side, and bounce Clay and Neal around. Neal can still line up hand down inside. It would add a lot of flexibility, but at some point it does fall on the guys to beat the other player.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Richardson looks like a keeper as a long term backup......aka...our 4mil per yr guy

Someone has to eat cap dollars, there is a cash floor now you know.

Tony Oday
12-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Flynn threw one bad pick.

Quarless lost the game for the Pack.

The fake punt was not really anyones fault that was a damn nice throw to the deep route.

MD Jennings was out of positions all game as well as Lattimore.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Quarless lost the game for the Pack.

Q's penalty?

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Q's penalty?

Didn't he hit Flynn on the INT because he thought the play was a run?

pbmax
12-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Didn't he hit Flynn on the INT because he thought the play was a run?

Oh yeah. That wasn't Q's fault Tony. That was a run pass option and Flynn forgot that Q was headed in his direction. QB lapse.

Speaking of which;

Stud - Solomon Wilcotts

I never paid him much mind before but he was VERY good yesterday.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:48 AM

Fritz:

Have you ever considered being an NFL GM?

Strength on 'D' down the middle.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Dud - NFC North, nobody wants it, or I should say everybody wants it but everybody sucks.

Guiness
12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Dud - NFC North, nobody wants it, or I should say everybody wants it but everybody sucks.

I commented on that in another thread...NFC North playoff race looks like an Olympic badminton match.

Zool
12-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Perry caused the fumble at the 3.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=12301&is_corp=1

How a STUD ( Micah Hyde ) in this game felt...his take:

" Hyde, who injured his shoulder on the play, almost singlehandedly made up for a special teams group that got a punt blocked (and were fortunate that they retained possession after it), gave up a pair of big returns, allowed a fake punt to go for 30 yards (with a 15-yard Jake Stoneburner penalty added on) that led to a touchdown and watched second-year linebacker Nick Perry commit a stunningly foolish offsides penalty in the decisive closing moments.

“Obviously it’s tough,” Hyde said. “We felt like if we could win this game. I don’t think we looked past this game by any means. But we felt like we had this one, and we let it slip away. All you can ask is we go out next week and handle our business and hope that things play its course.”..."

ThunderDan
12-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Hard to call out Dom Capers and the D.

The special teams cost 14 points and the O threw a pick 6 and turned the ball over at the 15 at the end of the game. The D was ordered to let Pitt score. The D even held Pitt to a FG attempt at the end of the game which would have let the Packers get a chip shot FG to tie the game at the end and force OT.

I only put 14 of the 38 points squarely on the D.

Tony Oday
12-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Oh yeah. That wasn't Q's fault Tony. That was a run pass option and Flynn forgot that Q was headed in his direction. QB lapse.

Speaking of which;

Stud - Solomon Wilcotts

I would think running into your QB would be something that was not supposed to be an option, dropping passes and committing penalties are also no no's.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 12:24 PM
I would think running into your QB would be something that was not supposed to be an option, dropping passes and committing penalties are also no no's.

He's supposed to follow a path to the LB he is assigned to block. Flynn choose to throw, its incumbent on him to adjust his footwork, not on Quarless.

The other errors are his. But the penalty, if I remember correctly, was of the variety that looked terrible, hand on head, but wasn't used for leverage. Could easily not have been called.

Pugger
12-23-2013, 12:28 PM
I know a lot of you guys want to call out MM as a dud. Not me.

How many other teams would still be scratching and clawing for every inch with so many backups and STers starting plus their unquestioned leader and best player standing on the sidelines wearing a headset instead of a helmet? McCarthy and that coaching staff still has those kids playing hard while they watch teammate after teammate dropping like flies every damn week. It hasn't been pretty but when you consider everything that has gone horribly wrong this season this might be one of Mike's better coaching jobs since he's been our HC. I know Red and others here will call me names but I don't care. Mike ain't perfect by any stretch but there aren't a lot of other coaches out there I'd rather have coaching my favorite team.

TravisWilliams23
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM
MM gets a dud classification every game the special teams fucks up because HE"S the one who continues to allow Slocum to coach them. That's on MM. We see the same shit just about every game and it very seldom improves. So, dud this game for MM.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Stud - Solomon Wilcotts

He's typical dumb as a box of rocks. During the Finley injury, his analysis was absolutely abysmal. Frankly, I don't know about yesterday, because I was balancing screaming and drunkeness.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

I was screaming about that too, because the run was well blocked and might have gone a long way. My family was saying "whut?"

Smidgeon
12-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Speaking of which;

Stud - Solomon Wilcotts

The announcing team I liked yesterday. Better than what CBS usually trots out for Packers games.

In other news, I like Starks as a compliment to Lacy. He seems to be good slash to Lacy's bash. Now all they need is for Franklin to turn the light on all the way and he can be the "dash". Bash, slash, and dash.

Rodgers12
12-26-2013, 07:34 PM
In other news, I like Starks as a compliment to Lacy. He seems to be good slash to Lacy's bash. Now all they need is for Franklin to turn the light on all the way and he can be the "dash". Bash, slash, and dash.

Does that make Don DuJuan Harris is the flash?

Just wait til next season when we have DuJuan Harris back. I am probably Harris' biggest fan. I want to buy Harris' #26. Is it in stock?

bobblehead
12-26-2013, 07:47 PM
The announcing team I liked yesterday. Better than what CBS usually trots out for Packers games.

Personally I think Starks is more punishing than Lacy. He delivers the blow, Lacy takes it and has ridiculous balance to keep going. I fear an Earl Campbell like shortened career for Eddie.

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Personally I think Starks is more punishing than Lacy. He delivers the blow, Lacy takes it and has ridiculous balance to keep going. I fear an Earl Campbell like shortened career for Eddie.

Unfortunately unless his style of running isn't addressed in some concerned coaching your likely correct.

That young man need not be treated like a bull. His style of running needs to be addressed. Either that or it's dire consequences.

How many bulls survive the blood sport, 'corrida de toros'? It's 'the estocada' as an outcome.

pbmax
12-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Starks takes a beating like a lot of tall, stand up runners. I am not sure either is built for the long haul. Though Lacy's ankle was more of a wrong time wrong place thing when he got it wrenched.

bobblehead
12-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Starks takes a beating like a lot of tall, stand up runners. I am not sure either is built for the long haul. Though Lacy's ankle was more of a wrong time wrong place thing when he got it wrenched.

Agreed, and the kid has been tough as nails. Playing RB with a bad ankle ain't no joke.

Pugger
12-27-2013, 11:45 AM
What is Matthews? Sacked the QB then took the ball and went home....Yet again.

He had to have someone but that broken hand in cast yet again. :cry:

woodbuck27
12-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I know a lot of you guys want to call out MM as a dud. Not me.

How many other teams would still be scratching and clawing for every inch with so many backups and STers starting plus their unquestioned leader and best player standing on the sidelines wearing a headset instead of a helmet? McCarthy and that coaching staff still has those kids playing hard while they watch teammate after teammate dropping like flies every damn week. It hasn't been pretty but when you consider everything that has gone horribly wrong this season this might be one of Mike's better coaching jobs since he's been our HC. I know Red and others here will call me names but I don't care. Mike ain't perfect by any stretch but there aren't a lot of other coaches out there I'd rather have coaching my favorite team.

Your a prissy Priscella ... a No No Nancy ... an 'against it' Amanda ... 'a rotten' Roxanne ... 'a weepin'

Willa.... 'a doomed' Deliah ... a Never 'no mas' Mercy... 'a Homer chorusing' Cordelia ...

'a Homer muttering' Mariella ... 'a die hard' Devadona ... 'a clinging' Clemintine ...

'a loser that way' Louisa ... 'play me the violin' Viola ... 'Tall Tale' Tallulah ... Ohh Noo! Octavia ...

'All In - No Change' Allegra ... 'Loyal' Loyana ... and 'Too Done' Dora.

and Packerrat 'Peggy' and for that ......... We LOVE Yaa ! :bclap:

GO PACKERS ...GO PACK GO !