PDA

View Full Version : Packer fans chat: Who won the game? Well ... the Packers did ... right!?

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Who won the game? Well ... the Packers did ... right!?

The Pittsburgh Steelers @ Green Bay Packers Dec. 22, 2013

Picture this scene:

Your a die hard Green Bay Packer fan who unfortunately missed the big game in Lambeau Field against the Pittsburgh Steelers. You've been extremely tied up with important business all week and away from home. The Green Bay packers didn't filter into your life. You havn't even taken the time to catch up on who won the game on Sunday with the Steelers at Lambeau Field.

Your focus over the past 48 hours has been work related and now getting some much needed R&R. This past week has been murder with little real rest. Away all week from the wife and kiddies is never good.

You just arrived at the airport and run into of all people a Bud who's also a Packer fan. Nothing can ever deter you from talking Packers at such a moment no matter how exhausted you may be or anxious to return to all the comforts of home.

Buddy is a more dedicated fan than you and always has the inside on anything Packers. You inquire on the latest status of Aaron Rodgers and Packer fan Bud responds something to the effect; that he doesn't know really what's up with that gig. Rogers is still out though.

OK ... so you go to the obvious. How did the Packers make out Vs the Steelers?

Bud Packer fan hands you these Stat's and you look them over.

Team Stat Comparison:

1st Downs PiT 21 and Grn Bay 26

Passing 1st downs:

Pit 10 and Grn Bay 12

Rushing 1st downs:

Pit 8 and Grn Bay 11

1st downs from Penalties:

Pit 3 and Grn Bay 3

3rd down efficiency:

Pit 2-10 or 20% and Grn bay 6-14 or 43%

4th down efficiency:

Pit 2-2 and Grn Bay 0-0

Total Plays:

Pit 59 and Grn Bay 72

Total Yards:

Pit 343 and Grn Bay 370

Bud Packer fan observes you as you check out the stats. When you lift your eyes from the sheet of paper he asks you:

Who won the game? You look at the stats again and respond:

Well the Packers did ... right!?

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 08:27 AM
They'll get that fixed.

They ended the day in the exact same position they started -- needing to beat the Bears in week 17 to win the division.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:02 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331222009&period=4

2nd and 1 at GB 1 (Shotgun) L.Bell right tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

S.Suisham extra point is GOOD, Center-G.Warren, Holder-M.McBriar. 38 31

S.Suisham kicks 66 yards from PIT 35 to GB -1. M.Hyde to PIT 31 for 70 yards (S.Thomas). GB-M.Hyde was injured during the play.

DRIVE TOTALS: PIT 38, GB 31, 5 plays, 17 yards, 0:26 elapsed

Comment woodbuck27:

To review that last series that led to the game winning TD for the Steelers. The series included one TO by Pittsburgh and three TO's by Green Bay.

It has been learned that Mike McCarty let the Steelers score that TD (check that) so that he could see the Packers get the ball back with adequate time remaining. To try to force overtime, I assume.

After an outstanding kick return by Micah Hyde that set the LOS at the Pittsburgh Steelers 31 yard line. We get this:

Green Bay Packers at 1:25 remaining in the 4th quarter:

** 1st and 10 at PIT 31 (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short left to J.Nelson ran ob at PIT 24 for 7 yards (L.Timmons).

** 2nd and 2 at PIT 24 (Shotgun) M.Flynn pass short middle to A.Quarless to PIT 5 for 19 yards (L.Timmons).

** 1st and 5 at PIT 5 J.Starks right tackle to PIT 1 for 4 yards (W.Allen; C.Heyward).

** 2nd and 1 at PIT 1 (No Huddle, Shotgun) PENALTY on GB-D.Barclay, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PIT 1 - No Play.

Comment woodbuck27:

All kinds of confusion and loads of crowd noise!!!!?

Crowd noise !? Why?

Then this after Matt 'blinders' Flynn doesn't check down, doesn't use an easier bale out TD pass option; doesn't see the short side of the triangle easy wide open pass to WR Jordy Nelson, WIDE OPEN ! Looking for a pass !!

It's this 'bursting balloon silly effort' with a QB that 'throws like a girl'.

2nd and 6 at PIT 6 (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Flynn pass incomplete short left to J.Boykin.

End of Game

DRIVE TOTALS: PIT 38, GB 31, 5 plays, 26 yards, 1:25 elapsed

Comment woodbuck27:

What was that !? That was a damn mess !

Comment woodbuck27:

a) Why was Jordy Nelson ignored here?

b) Isn't Jordy Nelson a solid option anymore for Mike McCarthy?

c) Why call a pass route to the left side of the end zone when the goal line is 'only' six yards away? Do we need to see a spectacular catch for six or something easier... simpler?

The longest side of the triangle is... what Mike McCarthy?

Hint Mike: It's the most difficult route plan for having a successfull pass play, with a marginal backup QB and with the limited arm strength of Matt Flynn.

d) Does Mike McCarthy really believe that Matt Flynn can make such plays? I cannot imagine so. If that is the case why? Why does Mike McCarthy call such difficult routes? Does he do that for any highlight video? Why !?

e) Remember days past when a receiver simply got to the goal line and was hit with a bullet pass for six?!! Has Mike McCarthy forgotten the effectiveness of that play? Forgotten just how difficult that route/play is to defend?

f) What's this latest focus/fascination of Mike McCarthy's on passing to WR Jarrett Boykin. Correspondingly what seems to me less targets to valued assets of the past WR's James Jones and Jordy Nelson?

g) How many times was a TE targeted by Mike McCarthy in this game? Andrew Quarless? Did we see him after a nice game Vs Dallas. Where did he disappear to Mike Mccarthy?

There is so much that piss's me off about this poorly coached game. I'll get over it by days end but for the sake of all our mothers...WHY !?

Why Mike McCarthy !?!!

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:14 AM
They'll get that fixed.

They ended the day in the exact same position they started -- needing to beat the Bears in week 17 to win the division.

What we are all experiencing now is the same as:

You or I in an open field and someone is taking pot shots at us and somehow we dodge the bullets.

That bugger is moving in closer on us and we are in too big a field to run and hide...get away from this creep. We're not armed.

What's going to happen?

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
What we are all experiencing now is the same as:

You or I in an open field and someone is taking pot shots at us and somehow we dodge the bullets.

That bugger is moving in closer on us and we are in too big a field to run and hide...get away from this creep. We're not armed.

What's going to happen?

The guy trips and breaks his neck.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Check out the video in the following LINK:

Somehow it resembles all that was ugly in that game yesterday. I guarantee that you'll be amused and even laugh at this video of the frustrations of what a NFL team franchise might endure before much success.

Enjoy...we need some comedic relief after that heart breaker yesterday.

I'll try to deliver that and more as we get set for our last kick at the can. :?

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:29 AM
The guy trips and breaks his neck.

OK then we're safe...marvelous !

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
OK then we're safe...marvelous !

We are talking about the Bears, right?

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 10:56 AM
We are talking about the Bears, right?

The Bears and Jay Cutler or the Bears and Josh McCown?

I'm a Montreall Aloette fan in the CFL. I came to really enjoy Marc Trestman's skills and personality. his attention to leading his team in Montreal. He had a ton of respect there. . . . much adoration as a fine HC.

Why he gave the ball back to Jay Cutler, after Josh McCown had that Bear offense in top gear; is nothing I'll ever agree with as the correct move.

I cannot imagine Marc Trestman continuing with Jay Cutler but that move he made two weeks ago may be the best thing for us going forward to see the Packers win the NFCN.

I just don't have a clue really what's going on in so many respects and the Green Bay Packers and generally all over the NFL this season. There's so much mystery if your following most of it as I attempt to do.

My biggest concern is NFL officiating and how that dominates so many games.

PACKERS !

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 01:09 PM
All you need to know about any NFL game is contained in the Box score. No need to watch, ever. Unless you are a fool and don't include turnovers.

ThunderDan
12-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Marc Trestman stated that Cutler will start next week in his postgame press conference.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Marc Trestman stated that Cutler will start next week in his postgame press conference.

So Cutler will answer a few questions, fall down at the podium, and McCown will take over?

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 03:21 PM
All you need to know about any NFL game is contained in the Box score. No need to watch, ever. Unless you are a fool and don't include turnovers.

Your point of this post is what?

To impose your needs? Your personal agenda?

Get off that horse please and Happy Holidays. :smile:

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 03:31 PM

Doesn't this post belong in the Packers @ Bears thread (see Captain Kickass)?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLcyqvuPjcOIVZDoB2RV8a6-xFbNoaRY7Iz2Rcqsv8atCAGcZXew

AND

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQohtLz3FT332ArC9RjJjekvNHsVh1oy IXgbzLtowjbBMMcCKRc

VS

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmzWD2llDe_FGtfQ1KWBia_KD6OItuH tiUesJME6ubY1s1vUmZuA

Who is that Irishman?

My wish is that:

ALL Packerrats Unite in some form of mutual good will and harmony throughout this very important week in the Green Bay Packers schedule.

Tis the Season to be jolly.

I mean really man. This :duel: is old and worse really stupid/dumb.

GIVE it some PEACE.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Your point of this post is what?

To impose your needs? Your personal agenda?

Get off that horse please and Happy Holidays. :smile:

It was a really lame post, a lame thread you started there Woodbuck. but I still love you - Merry Christmas, ya big dope.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 04:05 PM
It was a really lame post, a lame thread you started there Woodbuck. but I still love you - Merry Christmas, ya big dope.

By Gosh !

I wish I was as effulgent, resplendent, brilliant, lucent, clinquant, outstanding, coruscating, remarkable, tremendous, luminous as you have some obsessive need to be.

I'm simply me. Doing the best I can to enjoy my Packer home and contribute my humble thoughts and ideas.

Happy Holidays .... 'M' or errrr... whomever you decide to be.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 04:58 PM
... clinquant...

excellent use of Clinquant

red
12-23-2013, 06:01 PM

tresman is the latest in a long line of NFCN idiot coaches

bears were riding high with whats his name, guy hardly ever made a mistake.

but

tressman has to put his franchise QB back in there, and its choke job city

if they had stuck with whats his name, the bears would have been north champs by now

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
excellent use of Clinquant

Somehow you improve me.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 06:32 PM
tresman is the latest in a long line of NFCN idiot coaches

but

tressman has to put his franchise QB back in there, and its choke job city

if they had stuck with whats his name, the bears would have been north champs by now

:whaa: How did I end up on this corner? Head right - head left. :cnf: :!: OK :arrow:

I like Marc Trestman. I don't want to excuse his generally perceived error.... Yet could it be this?:

Maybe 'IPod boy' harped Marc to such a degree that it drove him to some netherland swamp in warp speed. He's so far out there that he can't find himself back to 'right spot - right move' ... Josh McCown.

Is Marc Trestman drinking the wrong water?

I like that for the Packers benefit.

George Cumby
12-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Somehow you complete me.

Fixed.

ThunderDan
12-24-2013, 12:46 PM
The Bears and Jay Cutler or the Bears and Josh McCown?

Doesn't this post belong in the Packers @ Bears thread (see Captain Kickass)?

I mean really man. This :duel: is old and worse really stupid/dumb.

GIVE it some PEACE.

You asked a question and I answered it with Marc Trestman's postgame press conference.

What the fuck is your problem? It isn't a duel; it's me answering your question with the coach of the Bears response.

Doesn't that advance the thread to state who is starting next week for the Bears after you ask the question?

red
12-24-2013, 02:24 PM
woody, do you smoke weed?

George Cumby
12-24-2013, 03:27 PM

Lots of it and apparently of high quality.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 03:52 PM
You asked a question and I answered it with Marc Trestman's postgame press conference.

What the fuck is your problem? It isn't a duel; it's me answering your question with the coach of the Bears response.

Doesn't that advance the thread to state who is starting next week for the Bears after you ask the question?

I'm sorry ThunderDan I forgot that question was in this thread.

It just seems that in the past you follow anyone around that takes a slap at me much like a puppy dog. Barking and yelping at my heals.

I 'm totally wrong on any of that in this instance. My bad in this post by you that offers an answer to a question I posed earlier in rhis thread. I genuinely thought such a question was elsewhere (ie anything - Packers @ Bears thread) and I was incorrect.

I apologize ThunderDan.

Have a wonderful Holiday Packer fan.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 03:53 PM

I don't smoke period, red.

MJZiggy
12-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Think stronger...

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Think stronger...

pfffhh.

Rodgers12
12-25-2013, 11:40 AM

if they had stuck with whats his name

His name is Josh McCown, a hero in Packer lore.

Remember this? (Channeling my inner Woodbuck :) )

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/1042/slideshow_104216/display_image.jpg?x=699119

http://www.vikingstailgate.com/images_04/noooo.jpg

Without that, there wouldn't be this:

http://mrbrown1985.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/al-harris.jpg

Or this :( :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5jRDome29Bs/TSxJdkph5HI/AAAAAAAACY4/H8wUCPEvohQ/s1600/Mitchell_Freddie1_Eagles_vs_Packers.jpg

George Cumby
12-25-2013, 01:46 PM
You could have stopped at the pick 6 :-)

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 04:54 PM
12-24-2013, 09:27 PM Thread post#24

BY: George Cumby

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post : woody, do you smoke weed?

"Lots of it and apparently of high quality. " George Cumby

Now look George ... See what you've done to my impeccable reputation:

RESULTS Of A Google Search... the last check ... 6th Result:

Packer fans chat: Who won the game? Well ... the Packers did ...

packerrats.com › Forum › Big Cheese › Green Bay Packers‎

7 days ago - 10 posts - ‎6 authors

22, 2013 Picture this scene:

Your a die hard Green Bay Packer fan ... woody, do you smoke weed? red ... Lots of it and apparently of high quality. George Cumby

I am a die hard Green Bay Packer fan.

and I've been so good since .................................................. ....... way back. :-D

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 06:31 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7BYzEyPwMKCJS32nkuRbukX4yj2lHE 9wAepr05QffL_eYV97jHA

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4tgnkm5PizKZv0dNmm7V1NOLPgmPPO 3uy_AONLjSiGVOnf6tU