PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

MadtownPacker
12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Another season is coming to an end and as always I am thankful that life is good enough that I can spend time posting online about Packers football with all of my fellow rats. Though there is one missing, Merry Xmas Retailguy if you are out there my friend. The bears gave us an early present last night so that we could enjoy this week with dreams of playoff hopes still in our heads. So Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays to all of you and your families. Wish all of you the best and thanks for making this a place to enjoy cheese and crackas. :lol:

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for keeping this place up and running Mad.

Feliz navidad y prospero año y felicidad

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Remember, X died for your sins.

MadtownPacker
12-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Remember, X died for your sins.
My bad, fixed now.

The Shadow
12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
I am glad to see you are back out on parole, Mad.
A Very Merry Christmas to you & all our fellow Rats.

Pugger
12-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Merry Christmas to all my fellow rats! Let's hope we all get a real gift next Sunday too!! :pack:

sooner6600
12-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Kalo Kristugina and Kronja Pola

(Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year)

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Merry Christmas to you Mad and thanks for the early present you gave to us Rats getting Packerrats back up to speed when it went south just recently. Thanks as always for our Green Bay Packer Home.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/1455952_713162038713666_1981495977_n.jpg

P... A ... C ... K ... E ... R ... R ... A ...T... S

Merry Christmas and Greetings from Mae and I to all my fellow Packerrats. We've been doing some decorating of our home today. I've got to get back to making one of my favourite suppers ...home made pizza.

Official Member of any Eddie Lacy Fan Club

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/s403x403/1465300_10151892875350073_760815361_n.jpg

red
12-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Feliz Navidad mad

MadtownPacker
12-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Feliz Navidad mad
Right back at you but what about the rest of the forum? I'm sure there has to be one other poster who doesn't hate you, completely at least.

red
12-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Right back at you but what about the rest of the forum? I'm sure there has to be one other poster who doesn't hate you, completely at least.

eh

Joemailman
12-23-2013, 05:51 PM
http://hdimagesinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Best-Merry-Christmas-63.jpg

pittstang5
12-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Happy Festivus! Let the "Airing of Grievances" begin!

KYPack
12-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Happy Festivus! Let the "Airing of Grievances" begin!

Followed by "Feats of Strength".

Merry Christmas to almost all and to all a good night!

pbmax
12-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Merry Christmas Rats and thanks to Mad for being pretty good tech support.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:01 PM

It's always appreciated and so handy to answer the phone.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:05 PM
eh

I think this might work ... something like this...

red wants to wish everyone a jolly jolly... shit for that... get pissed drunk, eat too much, and barf your damn guts up...Christmas.

channtheman
12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I like Red.

the color. Fuck the poster. ;)

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 10:24 PM
I like red....

because he's :mrgreen: green.

Iron Mike
12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
С Рождеством и C Новым годом!!!

George Cumby
12-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Merry Christmas, all. I hope the season treats you and your loved ones well.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 12:54 AM
С Рождеством и C Новым годом!!!

Ну я і ўсё Packerrats дзякуй і пажадаць вам больш таго ж самага. Добрае здароўе і шмат шчасця ў 2014 Пакер вентылятар.

channtheman
12-24-2013, 01:14 AM
^ wtf is that? Upside down backwards? I'm just fucking stupid? Probably the second.

Old School
12-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everybody. It's special coming here daily to be enlightened and entertained with all the great posts on our Packers.

Red you're one of my favorites. When I'm having a bad day, I know I don't have to look far to find someone who has it worse. Actually, I hope you're putting us on. You're the tops, Red!!! Cut the toe off your Christmas stocking and put a barrel under it.

sheepshead
12-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Merry Christmas

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Another season is coming to an end and as always I am thankful that life is good enough that I can spend time posting online about Packers football with all of my fellow rats. Though there is one missing, Merry Xmas Retailguy if you are out there my friend. The bears gave us an early present last night so that we could enjoy this week with dreams of playoff hopes still in our heads. So Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays to all of you and your families. Wish all of you the best and thanks for making this a place to enjoy cheese and crackas. :lol:

TL;DR

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2013, 09:32 AM
I propose a Festivus thread, starting with an "airing of grievances" from the past year.

Pugger
12-24-2013, 10:12 AM
http://www.funnybonevideos.com/funny-animated-video-santa-and-his-reindeer-sing-white-christmas/

Cheesehead Craig
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Merry Christmas, ya bastards.

CaptainKickass
12-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Enjoy your families and the time you get to spend together with them.

However,

Fuck Christmas, it's mass brainwashing, and all of it's false mythological premises. And stop lying to your children about Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the fucking Easter Bunny.

Instead, take a lesson this holiday season from this guy named Craig. There's a song about him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdFrW076R0

MadtownPacker
12-24-2013, 01:30 PM
C'mon man, if you don't agree all good but don't be a downer for those that do. If I listen to that song and it is not nice I am going to ban your ass for putting it in this thread cuz Santa told me too. So clean it up or fall with it.

ThunderDan
12-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

Safe Journeys!!!!

MJZiggy
12-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Have a Merry Christmas, folks. (the dog broke the exclamation key on my laptop so y'all are going to have to imagine it there) Hope you have some good times and good cheer and that you have better plans for New Year's than I do.

red
12-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Have a Merry Christmas, folks. (the dog broke the exclamation key on my laptop so y'all are going to have to imagine it there) Hope you have some good times and good cheer and that you have better plans for New Year's than I do.

can't tell you how many times the dog has broke my keyboard. i'm on my 3rd whole new keyboard on this laptop, and i usually wait till 3 or 4 keys don't work before i get a whole new keyboard.

dog just thinks he has to post on packer rats i guess

MJZiggy
12-24-2013, 02:32 PM
can't tell you how many times the dog has broke my keyboard. i'm on my 3rd whole new keyboard on this laptop, and i usually wait till 3 or 4 keys don't work before i get a whole new keyboard.

Mine's just a puppy being a little rambunctious. Someday, when he's older, he'll be a kinder, gentler dog (I hope), but for now I deal with the clumsiness, and the chewing, etc. while he learns.

Oscar
12-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas. :glug:

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 03:37 PM

Ahh MJ.....Try a Holiday Season Support Group. That might liven up your life. Give you renewed hope and cheer.

Always here to help.

Merry Christmas MJ.

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 03:40 PM

and ..... right there is the real story.

There's the TRUTH when all this time we wondered about your spelling skills.

Merry Christmas red.

Freak Out
12-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Merry Christmas to all! Thanks Madtown for keeping this place up and running.

Harlan Huckleby
12-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Ahh MJ.....Try a Holiday Season Support Group.

I thought this was a HSSG.

Kiwon
12-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Another season is coming to an end and as always I am thankful that life is good enough that I can spend time posting online about Packers football with all of my fellow rats.

Thanks for hosting us, Mad.

MJZiggy
12-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Thank you, dear, but really I just need to make a decision on what I want to do already. Kid's leaving town with his dad, so I can do whatever I want.

pbmax
12-24-2013, 07:50 PM

Wait, have I been conversing with him in the Game Day thread?

mraynrand
12-24-2013, 08:02 PM

http://www.geekation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Geekation_VanillaSkyTechSupport.gif

mraynrand
12-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Wait, have I been conversing with him in the Game Day thread?

I should really deliver the punch line here, but it's Christmas so I won't.

mraynrand
12-24-2013, 08:12 PM

Merry Christmas, sweetie pookums!!!!!! (you can borrow an exclamation point, or use your on screen keyboard)

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 08:14 PM
^ wtf is that? Upside down backwards? I'm just fucking stupid? Probably the second.

Hi channtheman:

I responded to Iron Mike's message in the Belarusian Language as a back to him also in the same language.

You may use Google Translate for a translation.

Merry Christmas Packer fan.

MJZiggy
12-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas, sweetie pookums!!!!!! (you can borrow an exclamation point, or use your on screen keyboard)

And Merry Christmas to you too, dear. The new computer is giving me errors, so I'm on the old one. No touch screen. But I can cut and paste...!!!! Woot!!!!

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 08:18 PM

This has been a 365 day support group for some members HH. :wink:

Merry Christmas Packer fan.

Upnorth
12-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Merry Christmas all. Enjoy the season, appreciate the reason and if you have to travel be safe.

mraynrand
12-25-2013, 03:36 AM
And Merry Christmas to you too, dear. The new computer is giving me errors, so I'm on the old one. No touch screen. But I can cut and paste...!!!! Woot!!!!

My old mac had a keyboard viewer (so does the new one). I had to use it extensively on my last mac after I lost a few keys. Annoying until I got new computer.

denverYooper
12-25-2013, 07:54 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BcVcVozCAAEOO_S.jpg

woodbuck27
12-25-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/16/family-guy-brian-griffin-resurrected-back-from-dead-stewie/

Maybe !? Try to focus on this topic and not the other TMZ stuff.

A Christmas Miracle and Triumph of True Friendship:

'Family Guy' -- Brian Griffin ... Back From the Dead.'

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 02:34 PM

In the Christmas spirit, why don't you also get rid of the avatar. I don't think the african-american packer players would want a fan who says blacks were happier before they got those civil rights.

Maybe the guy is not a klansman, I never watched the show, could even be a lovable curmudgeon. Perhaps you can excuse an ignorant old fart for making ignorant, hateful comments about gays, but why put a packer headband on him and make him a hero?

Speaking of the Christmas spirit, what is more traditional than a packerrats family argument? I remember the year I drove home dressed as Santa Claus to entertain the kiddies. I fell asleep on a den room floor that night, and my dad entered and insisted I repark my car. I refused, on this bitter cold xmas eve, to accommodate pops. He began kicking as I lay obstinately, half asleep on the floor, I determined that the morning would be soon enough. Bad language was used. The thought of Daddy kicking Santa Claus late into xmas eve is one of my most poignant xmas memories.

I behaved badly, I suppose, but I chalk it up to youthful indiscretion, I was only 50. Dad had a lot of life in that leg for a 75-year-old.

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
In the Christmas spirit, why don't you also get rid of the avatar. I don't think the african-american packer players would want a fan who says blacks were happier before they got those civil rights.

Maybe the guy is not a klansman, I never watched the show, could even be a lovable curmudgeon. Perhaps you can excuse an ignorant old fart for making ignorant, hateful comments about gays, but why put a packer headband on him and make him a hero?

Maybe we don't want a society where people can't say stupid things or inelegant things without having the thought police under the guise of political correctness stifle different views. Maybe you actually would want to know what the guy said:

"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," the reality star said of growing up in pre-Civil-Rights-era Louisiana. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!"

Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

That was his experience, and I bet it's honest and true. Nobody seemed to bat an eye about the White Trash comment, eh? Why do you think that is? Not to mention that the Black Family - and the White Family was much better off with respect to being intact and Godly before government entitlement programs. He didnt' say Jim Crow was good, just that the Blacks in his experience were better off. And you try to suggest (without suggesting it, as is your disgusting style) he was a Klansman. That comment alone is far more offensive than anything he said. But hey, take it to FYI if you dare.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 03:22 PM
where people can't say stupid things or inelegant things without having the thought police under the guise of political correctness stifle different views.
His remarks are not reviled because they are inelegant or stupid. They are blatantly, deeply bigoted.

His line about blacks being cheerful in their pre-civil rights state might sound like honest observation to you. Can't say if this derives strictly from his first hand experience, but for sure, he is repeating southern racist mythology that was used against blacks, and remains very offensive. If you think gays are pissed-off by this guy, you should listen to black commentators.

I don't know why you would want to align yourself with a guy who hates gays so intensely. Is somebody who suggests that gays are pedophiles by nature, and therefore are unsuitable to be boy scout leaders or coaches, a person you identify with?

As far as daring me to an FYI duel, I am opposed to gun violence. You used that avatar to provoke and offend the "politically correct", well OK, but it's not in the spirit of good fun, it's picking a political fight.

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
From your above post, it's obvious you either didn't read what he said or choose to ignore aspects that conflict with your prejudices. Take it to FYI and I might bother to explain further, and dissect your blatant inaccuracies.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
And you try to suggest (without suggesting it, as is your disgusting style) he was a Klansman. That comment alone is far more offensive than anything he said.

I did not suggest he was a Klansman, I said he may be no Klansman. But he is deeply rooted in bigotry towards blacks and gays. Just stick with the facts.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 03:28 PM
From your above post, it's obvious you either didn't read what he said or choose to ignore aspects that conflict with your prejudices. Take it to FYI and I might bother to explain further, and dissect your blatant inaccuracies.

Lets just agree to disagree about his views. He is your people, not my kinda guy. I've heard his statements in full. I do not condemn Duck Man or Paula Dean to hell, they are from another era. I do not want them silenced.

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Lets just agree to disagree about his views. He is your people, not my kinda guy.

I know you disagree, but what I mostly disagree with you on is the fact that you blatantly mischaracterize what the guy actually said. But that is what you always do - your history on this board is a collection of straw men arguments. Just stick with the facts, I suggest to you.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 03:35 PM
I know you disagree, but what I mostly disagree with you on is the fact that you blatantly mischaracterize what the guy actually said.

Ya, well you are parsing carefully. Making differentiations that I don't find credible. I hear him singing from a very old racist choir book, the psalm remains the same.

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I didn't read you last post. Start a thread in FYI if you dare.

Pugger
12-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Today we got OUR Christmas present! :bump:

mraynrand
12-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Today we got OUR Christmas present! :bump:

But we don't get to see it opened until Sunday, and hopefully it will not have been damaged in transit!

HDS! Got a Package People!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 04:25 PM

Speaking of the Christmas spirit, what is more traditional than a packerrats family argument? I remember the year I drove home dressed as Santa Claus to entertain the kiddies. I fell asleep on a den room floor that night, and my dad entered and insisted I repark my car. I refused, on this bitter cold xmas eve, to accommodate pops. He began kicking as I lay obstinately, half asleep on the floor, I determined that the morning would be soon enough. Bad language was used. The thought of Daddy kicking Santa Claus late into xmas eve is one of my most poignant xmas memories.

I behaved badly, I suppose, but I chalk it up to youthful indiscretion, I was only 50. Dad had a lot of life in that leg for a 75-year-old.

HH you just made me cry and laugh like you so often do.

Huck...

Maybe take a closer look at Phil Robertson. He's a self confessed 'Red Neck'. Yet Phil Robertson and the clan? No that cannot be. Red Neck or not, surely in his faith he's not that much of a silly screw bad ass really dumb hypocrite.

Ole Phil Robertson, who's just a wee bit older than I am. A heck of a lot $richer$, and uses his own duck calls, while mine is purely vocal. Ole Phil, can bend into a duck hunt break dance at any moment. Ever try hunting ducks dressed all in white? If you ever go there... you have to boost your butt out of my duck blind. I'm an experienced duck hunter based in my Dad's instruction and skills. Ole Bert was the duck slayer. You had to be carefully camouflaged to sit in our blind.

Phil Robertson and the Packers may simply be a decent photo shop job. I'm not at all sure he's a Packer fan but if he is ...OK. Today he has something else to have faith in besides his redemption. A man that was given the same name as the brother of Moses has been declared Packer alive today. TT and Dr. Patrick McKenzie almost miraculously resurrected Aaron from the Green Bay Packer limbo, 'or sidelines', for the next game day.

Do I agree with all that Phil Robertson is? Of course not as I wouldn't with any man's/woman's total ways. Yet in my views he's OK. It's a challenge to trust all that's merely human.

He does deserve all rights to free speech in an America where that's dying daily. Where individualism is a platform better tread with caution and too often, served with crow. The eyes and ears of the very weak 'Power Groups' surround us.

Phil Robertson the Patriarch of Duck Dynasty does have a right to make his interpretations wrong or right. Mr Phil Robertson is qualified or eligible for all the peace his faith promises; because he clearly doesn't stand in any judgement of any man/woman of any color or sexual persuasion.

Phil Robertson claims that he loves his fellow man. That's all he need focus on besides his faith that he can help deliver some light. Phil Robertson like all of us has weak days / moments.

Why may we have carte blanch in this thread that will be soon removed?

Mad says that's how Packerrats must be. Packaged and parceled.

Anything else and this collection of Packer fans and this place would be like a dress rehearsal for 'a walk down the yellow brick road'. Lets hold hands everyone... and sing Kumbaya. Wouldn't that be a rip!?

Try thinking 'just' for yourself for a change and never simply join the crowd; that's so liberating ! :-? Eh!?

This discussion has a better place (see FYI). So why this post?

Any critique of Phil Robertson or offer of support, unfortunately, has to be centered in some specific argument on this thread RE: Freedoms, Peace, Joy of acquaintance if not friendship. I cannot be wrong 'right here' EVER. My faith that strong. :wink:

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey 'the Holidays' are still on in my life. This is a real day to celebrate so very much.

Any argument and this Phil Robertson avatar that 'M' has chosen... is better discussed as gentleman do in FYI.

Please don't kick shit on one another of all places.... on this thread.

Harlan Huckleby
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
A heck of a lot $richer$, and uses his own duck calls, while mine is purely vocal.

Uhh oh, woody, your comment brings to mind some old pics that were once associated with you in the packerrats schoolyard:

http://www.grapplingguide.com/woodbuck1.jpg

http://www.grapplingguide.com/woodbuck.jpg

Forgive me.

Rodgers12
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
Until reading this thread, I thought the guy in Rand's avatar was a member of ZZ Top.

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Until reading this thread, I thought the guy in Rand's avatar was a member of ZZ Top.

'The Reverend' Billy Gibbons the 'Yoda' of lead guitarists and lead singer and bassist and co-lead vocalist Dusty Hill have the beards.

Ironically Frank Beard the tight drummer is beardless. :whist:

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Uhh oh, woody, your comment brings to mind some old pics that were once associated with you in the packerrats schoolyard:

http://www.grapplingguide.com/woodbuck1.jpg

http://www.grapplingguide.com/woodbuck.jpg

Forgive me.

You collect that stuff. Your so sentimental.

No that's fine. I've had pets that resembled those cute fellas.

red
12-26-2013, 06:17 PM
really, in the fucking merry christmas thread?

jesus christ, at least take it to the romper room or garbage can

come on, the nicest thread we've had on here in awhile and it has to be turned into a pissing match

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 06:00 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6biY17YgZRVztFqkU4wVdFtzn1POEG f0h4k0xb6Rhu2P5IxBa

I wish y'all so much good in 2014.

Most of all I wish you happiness and good health.

If you want it and it's legal...go get it.

If it's not legal ... be careful. Think !

mraynrand
12-31-2013, 06:21 PM
HArbnggyy Naww yyerrr!!!

MJZiggy
12-31-2013, 07:45 PM
HArbnggyy Naww yyerrr!!!
Right. Time to start drinking. A TOAST!

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4b1d49c700000000003b57c2/blackberry-ipad-the-blackpad-coming-in-november-probably-toast.jpg

Freak Out
01-01-2014, 04:06 AM
Happy New Year bitches!

MJZiggy
01-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Happy New Year bitches!We going to make it to Dogfish Head this year? There's also another local that's sprung up--Growlers.

Bretsky
01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Happy NY all

May all the single guys have multiple Grailisiic experiences with hotties !