PDA

View Full Version : No Packers Selected To Pro Bowl

Joemailman
12-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Unless I missed someone...http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Not that surprising with Rodgers missing half the season and the poor play of the defense. I thought Sitton might have a chance. I think Jordy has been hurt by the absence of Rodgers and Cobb.

Fosco33
12-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Unless I missed someone...http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap2000000304771/article/2014-pro-bowl-complete-rosters

Not that surprising with Rogers missing half the season and the poor play of the defense. I thought Sitton might have a chance. I think Jordy has been hurt by The absence of Rodgers and Cobb.

Extra motivation. Here's hoping they'd all have to skip it anyway.

Rodgers12
12-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Eddie "The Hog" Lacy is a 1st alternate and he still has that new car small. Adrian "The Stud" Peterson is banged up and his odometer is nearing 6 figures.

Expect The Hog to replace The Stud.

woodbuck27
12-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Eddie Lacy may get there eventually.

I thought that maybe our Kicker Mason Crosby had done enough to make it.

A very rough year and Packer players. Look at how many played every game.

bobblehead
12-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Wow...first time in history that the superbowl champions don't have a pro bowler on the roster??

woodbuck27
12-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Wow...first time in history that the superbowl champions don't have a pro bowler on the roster??

I was thinking the same thing.

Wouldn't that be a hoot. We'd go out of our damn minds if it got there.

There would be some wild jumping and shouting going on at my place throughout the playoffs if it did.

It's just simply for us the playoffs are on and game to game it's one down at a time.

Focus ... Focus ...Focus !

GO PACK GO !

Bossman641
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Fuck the pro bowl. We got other bowls to worry about

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 07:59 AM

Aren't you really excited about the new Pro Bowl sides selection process?

I do believe that if he doesn't get ripped apart Eddie Lacy will be at this upcoming Pro Bowl.

Pugger
12-28-2013, 08:34 AM

No kidding. The pro bowl is a joke. Saturday making it last year is all the evidence we need.

Old School
12-28-2013, 10:17 AM
I want Lacy healing his ankle, not participating in some farce. I used to watch till the half at the most. This year I won't turn it on. How could anyone connected to football come up with this wet dream?

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 01:06 PM
http://blog.packers.com/2013/12/27/eddie-lacy-1st-alternate-for-pro-bowl-packers-have-7-other-alternates/

Eddie Lacy 1st alternate for Pro Bowl; Packers have 7 other alternates

Posted by Mike Spofford on December 27, 2013 – 8:00 pm

Along with RB Eddie Lacy add:

On 'O' :

QB Aaron Rodgers,

G Josh Sitton,

WR Jordy Nelson,

FB John Kuhn,

On 'D' add:

LB Clay Matthews,

CB Sam Shields

CB Tramon Williams.

PACKERS !

SkinBasket
12-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Who the fuck cares? The players stopped caring a couple decades ago. Only black gays care about this shit anymore, which amounts to about 6 people.

Joemailman
12-28-2013, 07:54 PM
Who the fuck cares? The players stopped caring a couple decades ago. Only black gays care about this shit anymore, which amounts to about 6 people.

You just outed Antrel Rolle. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304907/article/new-york-giants-antrel-rolle-rants-on-pro-bowl-snub

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 07:58 PM
You just outed Antrel Rolle. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304907/article/new-york-giants-antrel-rolle-rants-on-pro-bowl-snub

wow, you actually made me spit my soda.

Infamous
12-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Jordy deserved!

Infamous
12-29-2013, 07:11 AM

STILL classy I see..No growth since the Favre era....EVOLVE!

denverYooper
12-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Jordy deserved!

Sittin' pretty.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Jordy deserved!

A lot of competition out there. He's 13th in receiving yards. The injury to Rodgers hurt him. He was averaging 93 YPG with Rodgers. It's dropped to 63 without Rodgers. Plus the injuries to Finley and Cobb have enabled teams to focus on Jordy more.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:13 AM
I think bonuses mean the players care about making the team. If the League wants the game to count, they have to pay commensurately with the bonus structure to the winner. Since they don't want to do that, they instead moan about the effort the players give for peanuts in compensation.

I think Roger has again overreacted to bad PR. Every columnist blasts the level of play in the Pro Bowl and it still outdraws every other sport. Its a TV event, not even a live event or it wouldn't be in Hawaii.

Just be proud of what it is Roger, a glorified money grab and sleep the sleep of strong cash flow.

Or they could do something like baseball and play it in the middle of the season and declare the winner of the game automatically "wins" the coin flip at the Super Bowl.

SkinBasket
12-29-2013, 11:38 AM
STILL classy I see..No growth since the Favre era....EVOLVE!

I had nothing to say about the Farve era, whoever you are. Unless you can prove that someone other than a black homosexual cares about the pro bowl anymore, I would suggest rewording your rebuttal.

SkinBasket
12-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Or they could do something like baseball and play it in the middle of the season and declare the winner of the game automatically "wins" the coin flip at the Super Bowl.

Fuck a coin flip Sampson. Give the winner the ball to start both halves and you might see some hustle.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Fuck a coin flip Sampson. Give the winner the ball to start both halves and you might see some hustle.

That would work too, but it changes the game by quite a bit. Its essentially one extra possession guaranteed.

But predetermined coin flips also solves the OT problem. Instead of getting rid of sudden death, which is the best thing going in sports, they should give the OT possession call to the team that WON the coin flip at the start of the game.

One team has a HUGE desire to force OT, the other wants the game to end in regulation. Its random so home field doesn't enter into it nor does having a lead. And teams could still defer at the Start of the game without affecting OT.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 11:55 AM
the pb has gotten worse every year. this year it's skins v shirts. people don't show up. players don't care and don't play hard. needs to be discontinued...and replaced with an award show hosted by experts like taylor swift and anderson cooper.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 12:46 PM
the pb has gotten worse every year. this year it's skins v shirts. people don't show up. players don't care and don't play hard. needs to be discontinued...and replaced with an award show hosted by experts like taylor swift and anderson cooper.

"Teens in tight jeans."

Soft rock and sweetheart country.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Though none have made it into Pro-bowl, I've seen Sitton's name appear in multiple All-Pro discussions.

Doug Farrar has Sitton on his All-Pro team and EDS(!) as alternate center (to Raiola):

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/31/nfl-all-pro-team-2013/

KYPack
12-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Though none have made it into Pro-bowl, I've seen Sitton's name appear in multiple All-Pro discussions.

Doug Farrar has Sitton on his All-Pro team and EDS(!) as alternate center (to Raiola):

http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/31/nfl-all-pro-team-2013/

Yeah, the Pro bowl is gone.

Prime Time and Rice pick the team?

Gimme a break.

SI picked really picked a great team, based on this year rather than rep.

The Jeff Saturday selection last year should have ended that game.

Two Lions selected for OL?

Schwartz should have fired himself!