PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS SHUT OUT OF PRO BOWL VOTING........first time in years

Bretsky
12-28-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-shut-out-of-pro-bowl-for-first-time-since-2005-b99172607z1-237746831.html

Bretsky
12-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Is this much ado about nothing or a sign that this team is in need of finding more elite players via the draft ??

Bretsky
12-28-2013, 11:07 AM
We do have several alternatives.......and calling a spade a spade a healthy AROD and Clay Matthews probably gets us a couple guys in the Pro Bowl. To me Sitton seems deserving. Beyond that it's hard for me to argue we have any more.

falco
12-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Is this much ado about nothing or a sign that this team is in need of finding more elite players via the draft ??

I think it is a sign that all our pro bowl level players were injured the majority of the year (Rodgers, Cobb, Finley, Matthews, Hayward, etc.).

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 11:20 AM

Much ado about having a bad record. If we win 14 games next season, Sitton, Rodgers, Lacey, Bulaga, Nelson all make the pro bowl. On D its harder to say, but I could see Daniels, Shields, Mathews, and Hayward all having a shot.

We have talent on the roster, it simply must stay healthy.

Guiness
12-28-2013, 12:58 PM
I think it is a sign that all our pro bowl level players were injured the majority of the year (Rodgers, Cobb, Finley, Matthews, Hayward, etc.).

My feelings as well, injuries meant they weren't in the minds of voters.

I do find it odd Sitton didn't make it though. OL, especially guards, don't have a lot of name recognition, and it seems like once an OL gets voted to the Pro Bowl, he continues to do so for a while, until there is a significant drop off. I can't comment on the guards that did make it.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Much ado about having a bad record. If we win 14 games next season, Sitton, Rodgers, Lacey, Bulaga, Nelson all make the pro bowl. On D its harder to say, but I could see Daniels, Shields, Mathews, and Hayward all having a shot.

Is Sam Shields going to be in a Packers jersey?

Pugger
12-28-2013, 02:48 PM

Yes, I agree with ya there. We have bigger fish to fry than that exhibition game anyway.

red
12-28-2013, 06:00 PM
well, we're not the only ones that find our roster to be lacking

red
12-28-2013, 06:01 PM

i don't know if record has anything to do with it anymore

the browns suck, but i think they have 5 guys going

red
12-28-2013, 06:08 PM
i just saw that the are eliminating kickoffs for the probowl

why even play the fucking game? the thing is so far removed from the "real" game they play, which is far removed from the "real game" that the NFL played in years past when defenses were still allowed to play defense

the proball is one step away from being two hand touch, or would that be too much contact?

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 08:12 PM
i don't know if record has anything to do with it anymore

the browns suck, but i think they have 5 guys going

Josh Gordon and Joe Thomas were locks. As would have been Rodgers and Mathews with health.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 10:39 PM
i just saw that the are eliminating kickoffs for the probowl

why even play the fucking game? the thing is so far removed from the "real" game they play, which is far removed from the "real game" that the NFL played in years past when defenses were still allowed to play defense

the proball is one step away from being two hand touch, or would that be too much contact?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmy10IbWGL1qOVIELGw5YliXKzZZ08d oSZeibtLhGyIcxxkm4v

You just had to go and mention that you watch the Pro Bowl.