PDA

View Full Version : FOR THOSE WHO HATE CAPERS.....

Pages : 1 [2]

Iron Mike
01-05-2014, 07:16 PM
How often do we need to see Brees get all day to throw, or Kaeperick or Wilson get all day to throw, do we realize, our line coaches suck????

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 07:19 PM
How often do we need to see Brees get all day to throw, or Kaeperick or Wilson get all day to throw, do we realize, our line coaches suck????

I say be accurate with a report card and get rid of anyone graded below a C.

Toss all of them and take two seasons to re-build.

Do it now not after next season.

Iron Mike
01-05-2014, 07:21 PM
I say be accurate with a report card and get rid of anyone graded below a C.

Toss all of them and take two seasons to re-build.

Do it now not after next season.

I'm pretty sure the talent is there......it's coaching at this point.

wist43
01-05-2014, 07:25 PM
I agree with Mike... I like our talent okay. Would like to have some more experience, and some better LB's. Perry and Neal are not ideal fits on the outside... don't like Hawk or Jones.

But every team has positions that are in flux, or not as strong as everyone would like... so it comes down to coaching.

Would love to see Dom let go. Won't happen though, we're stuck with him I'm afraid.

Iron Mike
01-05-2014, 07:29 PM
It's taken several years, but I agree with you. I think we have the personnel that can do it. I just wonder about Campen and Trgovac.

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I've been wondering about our secondary coaches for a while and was always surprised when some folks touted one of them as a future DC.

Especially Perry. The only Safety we've really had excel under him was Collins, and Collins was already a Pro Bowl player when Perry was hired. If you're gonna be a draft and develop team, you have to be able to develop young players.

run pMc
01-05-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the talent is there......it's coaching at this point.

The OL trotted out there consists of 3 R4 picks (one a rookie) and 2 UDFAs. I would argue that most playoff teams have more highly touted/physically talented players. I'm not a big fan of Campen's, but I think the OL did ok this year -- some bad games, mostly good ones though. They got their QB hurt, but Rodgers will also hold the ball a long time.
Won't judge them by the WC game only -- SF's front 7 is very good and can make teams look bad.

Interesting comment about Darren Perry and the Safeties. They've been without Collins for 2.5 seasons and still don't have a replacement for him. I'd hopeTT does something about that this offseason.

Carolina_Packer
01-05-2014, 11:06 PM
This, the first step in pass blocking is always backwards...unless you are doing a cut block.

I am tired of seeing our OL walked back though. Bakh is too weak and needs a year of strength training. Barclay might just not be good enough.

It will be very interesting to see what Sherrod and Bulaga do in off-season/camp to try and win their jobs back. They are the ones getting paid first round dough, not that it's the be all, end all, but they do have a higher cap number, and if they cannot compete for starting jobs, you wouldn't think they would be reserves.

Flip side, let's say Sherrod and Bulaga do come back strong enough to become the starters at tackle again. What do you do with the guys who have been starting? Do they just go to reserve status? Heck, guys get hurt, so having reserves who have started would be great. Plus, add Tretter to the mix too.

Joemailman
01-05-2014, 11:18 PM
I expect Bulaga to start at one Tackle spot. Bakh and Sherrod probably battle it out at the other. Bakh might also get a chance to battle at RG. Tretter probably battles EDS at Center, assuming EDS is re-signed. Wouldn't be surprised if Lang gets some time there. They should have some decent depth if they're healthy.

bobblehead
01-05-2014, 11:27 PM
I expect Bulaga to start at one Tackle spot. Bakh and Sherrod probably battle it out at the other. Bakh might also get a chance to battle at RG. Tretter probably battles EDS at Center, assuming EDS is re-signed. Wouldn't be surprised if Lang gets some time there. They should have some decent depth if they're healthy.

I half expect EDS to be gone. I think Tretter and Lang battle for center, with hopes that Tretter wins and Lang can stay put. If they must use Lang then I think Barclay becomes the RG unless sherrod is good enough that Bak ends up at RG.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 02:06 AM
I half expect EDS to be gone. I think Tretter and Lang battle for center, with hopes that Tretter wins and Lang can stay put. If they must use Lang then I think Barclay becomes the RG unless sherrod is good enough that Bak ends up at RG.

Yes.

run pMc
01-06-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't know. EDS leaves if someone is desperate for a C and makes him a big offer -- which he doesn't deserve IMO. He's better than Saturday, but he's still just ok. Lang would need a lot of work at C -- he played there because they had nobody else to play C with Van Rot(t)en on IR. I think they try to sign EDS, with Tretter and GVR as the backup plan for C. Barclay surprised last year but didn't really make a big jump this year and they can do better at starting RT. His pass pro was not great and he had his share of 'bad' runs. Could see him as a solid RG-RT backup...he's better than Newhouse for sure.

The big question marks are if Bulanga/Sherrod can stay healthy and if Sherrod can play.

Sorry, I realize this thread is about Capers.
As far as that goes -- I'm disappointed with the loss and end of GB's season, but I gotta give them credit for hanging in there against the NFC champs without Shields or a single healthy OLB. Rodgers was right -- they should have won holding them to 23. The offense had too many 3 and out's.

Bigger perspective, the defense let the team down when Rodgers got hurt -- there were a couple of games the offense with Tolzien/Flynn they could have won. The run D especially regressed over the season, and I thought the safeties were bad. Burnett was making mistakes he ought not by this point in his career, and I'm not sure if he's covering for someone else or what. Pass rush was not great even with Clay this year -- the sack numbers were ok, but I didn't get the feeling the pressure was consistent enough to make QB's uncomfortable. The QB rating allowed was too high. They need a 1-2 more playmakers on D...I'm done with the talk of Woodson/Collins, but those guys were playmakers in 2010 that the D haven't found. Shields is turning into one, but they need someone else in the front 7. Raji is good when he's motivated, but IMO this year proved he is not the answer.

I'm thinking it's personnel more than scheme, so I'm not in the fire Capers camp.

Smeefers
01-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Capers? Who's Capers? :jack:

I can't believe I'm saying this because I never liked Wells, but I think EDS is worse than him. To me he's just a guy and if someone wants to pay him, good for him. I keep him for a modest vet salary and give Tretter a serious look at the job.

I'm not worried about Bulaga coming back. He should be healing up shortly and I expect him to have a partial off season and full pre-season to get back up to speed.

Guiness
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Texans let Wade Phillips go (in favour of Romeo Crennel). He had a great Tweet about it

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum 5h

To Texan suite sales-I am sorry,but because of recent changes I will Not renew my purchase of a suite.Hope u understand. Wade Phillips

Hope he's in the conversation for next year.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Texans let Wade Phillips go (in favour of Romeo Crennel). He had a great Tweet about it

Hope he's in the conversation for next year.

For which NFL team?

Striker
01-06-2014, 04:37 PM
He hasn't had the talent lately, but the history of breakdowns with Capers at the helm have been pretty inexcusable (the games vs. the Steelers and Cardinals in 09, the Colts game when Wayne went off, the 49ers games).

That being said, this game probably bought him some time (assuming he still has time left on his contract).

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 04:45 PM
He hasn't had the talent lately, but the history of breakdowns with Capers at the helm have been pretty inexcusable (the games vs. the Steelers and Cardinals in 09, the Colts game when Wayne went off, the 49ers games).

That being said, this game probably bought him some time (assuming he still has time left on his contract).

When NFL Access's Eric Davis was asked today what led to the Packers loss the most:

He responded fast and clearly that it was the Packers Defense that failed to protect the lead that we saw our team enjoy later in that game.

It was on the Packers defense to protect that lead. To not do so falls on Dom Capers and his defensive staff.

For MM and TT not to acknowledge this fact is equal to both of them NOT caring and incompetency.

I expect Dom Capers to be removed PRONTO one way or the other and best to retire. Dom Capers has to be gone soon.

His days as the Packer DC...OVER ! OVER YESTERDAY !!

Not after next season on any short rope. He has to retire ASAP or be FIRED !

Screw any remaining contract. He has to go !

Striker
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
When NFL Access's Eric Davis was asked today what led to the Packers loss the most:

He responded fast and clearly that it was the Packers Defense that failed to protect the lead that we saw our team enjoy later in that game.

It was on the Packers defense to protect that lead. To not do so falls on Dom Capers and his defensive staff.

For MM and TT not to acknowledge this fact is equal to both of them NOT caring and incompetency.

I expect Dom Capers to be removed PRONTO one way or the other and best to retire. Dom Capers has to be gone soon.

His days as the Packer DC...OVER ! OVER YESTERDAY !!

Not after next season on any short rope. He has to retire ASAP or be FIRED !

Screw any remaining contract. He has to go !

I agree that Capers should go. A culture shift is needed, but because of MM's legendary loyalty and the injuries, it wouldn't surprise me to see him back next season.

wist43
01-06-2014, 04:57 PM
I agree that Capers should go. A culture shift is needed, but because of MM's legendary loyalty and the injuries, it wouldn't surprise me to see him back next season.

Unfortunately, I agree with all of that :(

No one hates Capers (Mr. Spraypainted Hair hisself) more than I do, lol...