PDA

View Full Version : Your Offensive & Defensive Gameplans Against the Bears

The Shadow
12-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Ok, experts : how would you attack the Bears offensively - and prepare for them defensively?

mraynrand
12-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Plaster the Wideouts. Give safety help to Marshall and let Shields man up on Jeffrery. Put Francois in to cover Bennett - oh, wait, have Matthews cover Bennett - oh wait, have Hawk and Richardson mix coverage on M Bennett underneath. Force Jay to find hot read with pressure and plaster hot read, especially if it's Forte. Don't let Hawk go man on Forte.

Score more points.

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Blitzing Jay is key. He misses hot reads like Michael Vick, but he isn't mobile. Get to him quick to cover up for things like Bush in coverage.

The Shadow
12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
The interesting thing here is that the Bears should be torn between trying to stack the box to stop Lacy or hanging back to try to limit Rodgers. I suspect they will try an all out blitz pressure early to try to get to Rodgers' collarbone.
Some screens in the gameplan might be very effective - esp that little middle screen to Starks. Counter runs might prove very effective also, since the Bears linebackers seem to over-react to the flow of the offensive line.
Defensively, I hope Capers has something besides the inevitable corner/safety blitz approach.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Plaster the Wideouts. Give safety help to Marshall and let Shields man up on Jeffrery. Put Francois in to cover Bennett - oh, wait, have Matthews cover Bennett - oh wait, have Hawk and Richardson mix coverage on M Bennett underneath. Force Jay to find hot read with pressure and plaster hot read, especially if it's Forte. Don't let Hawk go man on Forte.

Score more points.

Can we simply not complicate it and score more points?

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Blitzing Jay is key. He misses hot reads like Michael Vick, but he isn't mobile. Get to him quick to cover up for things like Bush in coverage.

That's the key.

Force them to try and beat us with Matt Forte.

We need a miracle and a Dom Capers pass rush to work.

Don't ask how that suddenly appears on the Packer 'D'.

Get Nick Price to show he does have it by fixing him just on the RHS of the DL !

Have AJ Hawk attack that position right behind him and with that force Cutler to hit the TE who's covered by the SS.

Quit using up energy with stunting and focus the pass rush.

The last thing we need is a too exciting shoot out.

It's got to be their rushing attack Vs ours and some respect for the fact that Matt Forte is arguably the best two-way RB weapon in the NFL right now.

Prayer might help too.

Pugger
12-28-2013, 02:45 PM
The bares would be stupid to blitz Rodgers much. They might get away with it early in the game but once Rodgers is out there for a couple of series he'll make 'em pay.

denverYooper
12-28-2013, 04:32 PM
My plan? Fucking score points. And get Daniels going inside. Man, those Philly guys were wrecking Cutler up the middle. If Daniels gets going, he could change this game for the D.

Infamous
12-28-2013, 04:39 PM
That's the key.

Force them to try and beat us with Matt Forte.

We need a miracle and a Dom Capers pass rush to work.

Don't ask how that suddenly appears on the Packer 'D'.

Get Nick Price to show he does have it by fixing him just on the RHS of the DL !

Have AJ Hawk attack that position right behind him and with that force Cutler to hit the TE who's covered by the SS.

Quit using up energy with stunting and focus the pass rush.

The last thing we need is a too exciting shoot out.

It's got to be their rushing attack Vs ours and some respect for the fact that Matt Forte is arguably the best two-way RB weapon in the NFL right now.

Prayer might help too.

+2

CaptainKickass
12-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Ok, experts : how would you attack the Bears offensively - and prepare for them defensively?

Offensively: I merely plan to be "offensive" to any Bears fans anywhere near me.
Defensively: I will defend my one sided opinions with beer and bratwurst if necessary. "A well fed Bear has no claws". (Lost Ancient Lombardi Proverb)

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 08:10 PM
The bares would be stupid to blitz Rodgers much. They might get away with it early in the game but once Rodgers is out there for a couple of series he'll make 'em pay.

The league stopped trying to blitz Rodgers years ago. The recipe to stop him is to rush 4, get there, and flood the coverage. Problem is that the OL has allowed teams to get there with 4.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 10:56 PM
My plan? Fucking score points. And get Daniels going inside. Man, those Philly guys were wrecking Cutler up the middle. If Daniels gets going, he could change this game for the D.

I'll be watching for that...Mike Daniels and Nick Perry getting down. Give Datone Jones a chance.

After all these guys are our future on defense.

GO PACKERS GO !

denverYooper
12-29-2013, 07:54 AM
I'll be watching for that...Mike Daniels and Nick Perry getting down. Give Datone Jones a chance.

After all these guys are our future on defense.

GO PACKERS GO !

With Clay out, Perry should be at ROLB a lot if his wheel holds up. Hope it does because he could indeed be an X factor, especially if the Bears (very likely) double Daniels. This is a gut-check game for the kid.

Pugger
12-29-2013, 09:50 AM
The league stopped trying to blitz Rodgers years ago. The recipe to stop him is to rush 4, get there, and flood the coverage. Problem is that the OL has allowed teams to get there with 4.

Of course the bares have to watch out for Lacy and Starks running wild too. In the past you could just try to contain AR but now you have to stop our running game which will make Rodgers even deadlier than he was before. :bow:

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Play nickel the entire game, inviting Cutler to call runs. He will not. Intercept him three times. Blitz but play both man and zone behind it. Toss a coin between Jones and Hawk to choose coverage LB. Play Perry a lot at ROLB. If game is over (meaning Packers win), get him out of there and into his boot.

On offense, single back with Cobb or two TEs, play action every snap, throw deep when you aren't running. Send a ball occasionally to Cobb across the middle so he doesn't get bored.

Willard
12-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Go up 21-0 and take Forte out of the game. That seemed to work for Philly last week.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Play nickel the entire game, inviting Cutler to call runs. He will not. Intercept him three times. Blitz but play both man and zone behind it. Toss a coin between Jones and Hawk to choose coverage LB. Play Perry a lot at ROLB. If game is over (meaning Packers win), get him out of there and into his boot.

On offense, single back with Cobb or two TEs, play action every snap, throw deep when you aren't running. Send a ball occasionally to Cobb across the middle so he doesn't get bored.

Aaron has had two weeks to get back on track with Cobb >>> so >>>You'll see results of that today.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Go up 21-0 and take Forte out of the game. That seemed to work for Philly last week.

The 'D' must place a freeze on RB Matt Forte or the Packers are in deep trouble. That fella is really good.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:05 AM
With Clay out, Perry should be at ROLB a lot if his wheel holds up. Hope it does because he could indeed be an X factor, especially if the Bears (very likely) double Daniels. This is a gut-check game for the kid.

We'll see what Nick Perry has inside today.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:08 AM
Of course the bares have to watch out for Lacy and Starks running wild too. In the past you could just try to contain AR but now you have to stop our running game which will make Rodgers even deadlier than he was before. :bow:

Running game:

Eddie Lacy injured (shaky) and James Starks at back-up and chipping in Vs Matt Forte.

Who wins that matchup ? I mean your best analysis??

bobblehead
12-29-2013, 11:36 PM

And the Bears apparently didn't get the memo!!