PDA

View Full Version : CALLING ANY FANTASY FOOTBALL RATS FOR ADVICE

Bretsky
12-28-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm in this pretty big entry pretty big payout FFL League out of New York and I'm wondering if any can offer views/insights on starters.

It's a fairly odd league setup where you have to start 2QB's, 4RB's, 4WR's, 2TE's, a K, O, and D

The scoring system is as follows. There are 8 teams and each teams starters statistics are added up per each category and then we get between 1-8 points for each category.

There are 32 possible receiving points and 24 possible rushing points based on the following categories

RECEIVING
TOTAL RECEIVING YARDS
YARDS PER RECEPTION
POINTS SCORED (TD's or 2pt conversions)
NUMBER OF CATCHES

RUSING
Yards per Carry
Total Yeards
Points Scored

Of our WR's, we have AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Corelle Patterson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Boykins

GREEN AND ALLEN ARE NO BRAINERS...........Which two should I start as my #3 and 4 ????

At RB, we have Jamal Charles, Kniles Davis, Chris Ivory, Maurice Jones Drew, Monte Ball, Darren Sproles, Edwin Baker, and Matt Asiata

WHICH FOUR SHOULD I START ???

Keep in mind the rushing yards per carry is meaningful and they RB's will score towards receiving points

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but about 8 weeks ago I traded for Aaron Rodgers (probably putting a curse on the timing of his return) so we have Brees, Brady, and Rodgers as our QB's

We will be starting Brees and Rodgers (categories are yards, TD's, completion %,and intereceptions ratio

At TE we have Gonzo, Cameron and Quarles and will start for first two if Cameron plays

So YES..............we are very Packer Heavy

ANY THOUGHTS APPRECIATED

red
12-28-2013, 05:48 PM
i'm completely not in FF mode right now

but my gut tells me that cobb isn't going to do much, boykins seemed to be flynns boy, with a-rod back i think jones sees more throws his way

thats about all i got

Bretsky
12-28-2013, 05:51 PM

but my gut tells me that cobb isn't going to do much, boykins seemed to be flynns boy, with a-rod back i think jones sees more throws his way

thats about all i got

Having to play week 17 really mindscrews you. I think it's the assumption that James Jones is our #3. From there I don't know who to start between Patterson, Boykins, and Cobb. It woutld be nice the TE from the Browns plays.........if we have to start Quarless we'll pretty much live or die tomorrow with the Packers offense

AT RB.....who the hell knows. Jamal Charles may not even play.....I assume we need to start Ivory and probably Kniles Davis....and then who knows....talent or guys who you know are going to touch the ball a lot in Baker or Asiata....yikes

red
12-28-2013, 05:57 PM
well, its the last game in the garbage bag, and the queens think they want to go out in a big way, so maybe corderelle could put up some numbers

pbmax
12-28-2013, 06:19 PM
The biggest change if Rodgers is able to produce will be Nelson getting throws that everyone else has been getting. Cobb would be a good bet normally from ARod but that's two returning players and a pretty big gamble.

Cheesehead Craig
12-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Patterson and Jones at WR.
Don't think Charles is going to play that much if at all.

bobblehead
12-28-2013, 08:15 PM

thats about all i got

Arod went to boykins a lot when he first came in, but that first game boykins dropped everything. I think he may still have value now that his feet are wet.

ThunderDan
12-28-2013, 10:07 PM
If Lacy is a go tomorrow Nelson has at least 100 yards and 1 TD. I would start James Jones or Cobb also. With Lacy in the game the Bears will have to put 8 in the box. When they do ARod will play-fake and hit one of the WRs 1-on-1 for big yardage.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Bretsky: I'm in this pretty big entry pretty big payout FFL League out of New York and I'm wondering if any can offer views/insights on starters.

Of our WR's, we have AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Corelle Patterson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Boykins

GREEN AND ALLEN ARE NO BRAINERS...........Which two should I start as my #3 and 4 ????[/I]

Response: woodbuck27 and two more WR's:

With Aaron Rodgers back: Cobb, Jones or Boykins>>> Jones and Boykins (getting a lot of targets) seem obvious to me.

[At RB, we have Jamal Charles, Kniles Davis, Chris Ivory, Maurice Jones Drew, Monte Ball, Darren Sproles, Edwin Baker, and Matt Asiata

WHICH FOUR SHOULD I START ???

Keep in mind the rushing yards per carry is meaningful and they RB's will score towards receiving points

Response: woodbuck27 ... That's a rag tag crew at RB B. :-)

My analysis says your four (4) RB's are:

#1) MJ-D (Nursing a Hammy); #2) Knile Davis; #3) Chris Ivory (Nursing a Quad) and #4) Go with your guy Monte Ball or **...

** It's tough here but IMO it's a decision between either Edwin Baker or Darren Sproles. I'd go with what we have of late and that's Sproles being pretty much ignored as a play option. Maybe this is the week that that changes but I'd go with what you know and your #4 selection.

Looking closely and taking those two out of the conversation; I believe this choice trumps RB Edwin Baker>>> Shoot with Monte Ball as your #4.

Matt Asiata: A one week wonder doesn't speak much to me. Nhhheet !

For your RB choices go with:

1) MJ-D and 2) Knile Davis and 3) Chris Ivory and 4) Monte Ball

Next Option: RB Edwin Baker