PDA

View Full Version : coaching rotation is starting

Pages : [1] 2

Guiness
12-29-2013, 11:52 AM
A rotation because most of the coaches are recycled as opposed to 'new'

Looks like six or seven teams are likely to have a search this year. Surprisingly, the Cowboys are not one of them.

Texans have already done the deed.
Vikings have pretty much made a de-facto announcement.
The Lions seem a given, and I can't envision a scenario with the Redskins not making a change.

Other possibilities are the Raiders, Titans and Bucs. Shianco has turned it around a bit in Tampa, but unless his style has changed over the course of the year, I think it would be a mistake for him to continue coaching the pro game. Allen seems to have cocked things up in Oakland.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:58 AM

Looks like six or seven teams are likely to have a search this year. Surprisingly, the Cowboys are not one of them.

Texans have already done the deed.
Vikings have pretty much made a de-facto announcement.
The Lions seem a given, and I can't envision a scenario with the Redskins not making a change.

Other possibilities are the Raiders, Titans and Bucs. Shianco has turned it around a bit in Tampa, but unless his style has changed over the course of the year, I think it would be a mistake for him to continue coaching the pro game. Allen seems to have cocked things up in Oakland.

If Minny wins big today Vs Detroit I wonder if that might just be enough to allow on more season for Leslie Frazier and the Vikings.

Reports have the Viking players behind him.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 11:59 AM
jerry jones, jason, and monte, will keep the boys mediocre for a while longer. love it!

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 12:43 PM
jerry jones, jason, and monte, will keep the boys mediocre for a while longer. love it!

It a LOVE fest.

Fritz
12-29-2013, 12:46 PM
There were some quiet voices around Detroit suggesting that The Schvantz might be retained, but his team is going through the motions today. The Minny players are playing like guys who want to keep their coach, while the Leos are playing like guys who want to see their coach canned.

Guiness
12-29-2013, 12:59 PM

I was going to mention that Garrett was notable by his absence. I assume at least some of that has to do with the fact that Jerah has to realize that his involvement as GM has at least a bit to do with the issues? I don't see that though, his ego wouldn't allow him to shoulder any of the blame. There can't be a worse owner to work for than him, Snyder and Al Davis. Paul Brown and his offspring with their cheap ways as well. Irsay makes a lot of noise but seems to keep his nose out of actual operations, he seems to be a decent owner that way, maybe even helping my drawing some attention away from the team.

Fritz
12-29-2013, 01:07 PM
In other news, for those of us who moan and gnash teeth at MM's playcalling, Minny had first and goal from the three - and passed three times out of an empty backfield. Result? Interception on third down.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Black Monday is almost here. As mentioned, Kubiak is gone. Schwartz had to be done in Detroit. They need someone who can get better play out of Stafford. There's even talk the front office may be gone. Looks like Frazier is gone. Reports are that Allen in Oakland may be safe. Rex Ryan situation is hard to figure out. Gotta believe Shanahan is gone.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 01:43 PM
With all the crap in Miami I'd expect the Dolphins to win today over the Jets at home or think about tossing Joe Philbin.

There's something about that dude that bugs me. That man has no excuse for not knowing what's going on in his teams dressing room. He didn't know what was going on !?

NUTZ to absolute BS !

pbmax
12-29-2013, 02:21 PM
I was going to mention that Garrett was notable by his absence. I assume at least some of that has to do with the fact that Jerah has to realize that his involvement as GM has at least a bit to do with the issues? I don't see that though, his ego wouldn't allow him to shoulder any of the blame. There can't be a worse owner to work for than him, Snyder and Al Davis. Paul Brown and his offspring with their cheap ways as well. Irsay makes a lot of noise but seems to keep his nose out of actual operations, he seems to be a decent owner that way, maybe even helping my drawing some attention away from the team.

Jerrah has already pardoned Garrett.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Black Monday is almost here. As mentioned, Kubiak is gone. Schwartz had to be done in Detroit. They need someone who can get better play out of Stafford. There's even talk the front office may be gone. Looks like Frazier is gone. Reports are that Allen in Oakland may be safe. Rex Ryan situation is hard to figure out. Gotta believe Shanahan is gone.

Reports are out now about Oakland that everyone is in trouble, including McKenzie.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Reports are out now about Oakland that everyone is in trouble, including McKenzie.

If McKenzie is canned, TT should be on the phone immediately.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Rex is retained. No word on contract as he is in last year. So lame duck season will produce drama this offseason anyway.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Today can't be helping.

Guiness
12-29-2013, 05:34 PM
From what I saw today, firing Frazier would be a mistake. That team played their heart out with nothing on the line.

Joemailman
12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Looking like Chud out at Cleveland after 1 year.

Infamous
12-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Redskins? nice name btw...smh

Infamous
12-29-2013, 07:27 PM
From what I saw today, firing Frazier would be a mistake. That team played their heart out with nothing on the line.

true

pbmax
12-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Chud is gone from Browns. Wow. He got the Ray Rhodes one year treatment.

If they don't keep Ray Horton as DC, I will allow all of you to run Capers off the team as long as you promise we hire Horton. He's a wizard.

pittstang5
12-29-2013, 09:03 PM

If they don't keep Ray Horton as DC, I will allow all of you to run Capers off the team as long as you promise we hire Horton. He's a wizard.

Just heard Browns fired Chud and immediately thought that could mean Horton was out of a job. However, second thought was that the Browns could make Horton the HC. I really, really want Horton in GB.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 09:04 PM

I've herd good things too about Horton and the Browns 'D' this season was talked about positively often.

He's not going anywhere.

run pMc
12-29-2013, 09:35 PM

+1

fan of Horton's work.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Don't count Rex out from being available. He is in last year of deal and will want extension. Also Twitter has GM asking him to make staff changes. Weirdly, the changes according to NFLN are to DEFENSIVE staff. Their D was brilliant.

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 09:59 PM

Browns cocked up a bunch of fourth quarters, and they failed repeatedly on defense. So it would be stunning to me to have them eliminate Chud just to install Horton. But stranger things have happened. But you can't axe Chud like that unless you have someone lined up it seems to me.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Browns cocked up a bunch of fourth quarters, and they failed repeatedly on defense. So it would be stunning to me to have them eliminate Chud just to install Horton. But stranger things have happened. But you can't axe Chud like that unless you have someone lined up it seems to me.

Early speculation is Josh McDaniel and Bill O'Brien. O'Brien thought to be second choice after a brutal interview last year.

Bretsky
12-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Early speculation is Josh McDaniel and Bill O'Brien. O'Brien thought to be second choice after a brutal interview last year.

Can we just hire Ray Horton today ???

And DAM...more special teams meltdowns

It MM doesn't Fire Slocum this year he must have permanantly left his head up his ass

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:28 PM

Was it the D though or a reverse Packers where the Offense just wouldn't give the D a break?

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:28 PM
It MM doesn't Fire Slocum this year he must have permanantly left his head up his ass

At this point we have moved from mystifying to insulting.

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Was it the D though or a reverse Packers where the Offense just wouldn't give the D a break?

There was some of that to be sure, but there were games where the D just collapsed, with some help from refs (see for example, the loss to NE). I just don't get pinning this on Chud, when he had such a terrible slate of QBs to work with - was that his fault. Scott Campbell? Steny Hoyer? and Joss Weeden? Ug, what a collection of stiffs. When they traded T Rich, the players knew there was no pressure to 'win now' And the players have said as much.

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 10:36 PM

That might be justified, but you have to wonder how the collection of injuries have flooded down to and gutted special teams.

Guiness
12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
There was some of that to be sure, but there were games where the D just collapsed, with some help from refs (see for example, the loss to NE). I just don't get pinning this on Chud, when he had such a terrible slate of QBs to work with - was that his fault. Scott Campbell? Steny Hoyer? and Joss Weeden? Ug, what a collection of stiffs. When they traded T Rich, the players knew there was no pressure to 'win now' And the players have said as much.

Except the rest of the season showed that they robbed Indi with what they got for him!

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:51 PM

Team statement specifically said they were worried about the letdown in the 2nd half of the season. Maybe its CYA for the Richardson trade.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5h
What are #Browns gripes with Chud? Haslam is unhappy with recent lack of effort, failure to make adjustments. He feels the team has no fire.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4h
The likely firming of Rob Chudzinski is due to lack of improvement. Source: “The more time coaches spent with them, the worse they got.”

The best part of it is the Twitter timeline has Chris Mortenson reporting Chud is gone. Then everyone fills in details that they will meet with him tomorrow to finalize (some say he could hang on) and decide fate of staff. Then there is change of plan and they will meet tonight with Chud so its not hanging out overnight. Less than an hour later he is gone officially.

If accurate, the leak triggered a firing to happen a day early. If not intentional, the Browns front office deserves McDaniels and Tebow.

Change was needed: http://t.co/onRbYK4Hro

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 10:52 PM
From Terry Pluto (Plain Dealer):

....But is that reason (lack of improvement over season) enough to fire Chudzinski after only 16 games?

Absolutely not. Not unless there is something extreme behind the scenes between the players and coaches that has not been made public.

I would have replaced defensive coordinator Ray Horton.

As I wrote Sunday, the defense has been the biggest failure of this team. They entered Sunday's 20-7 loss at Pittsburgh already having allowed more points than in 2012. In all the key categories, in which improvement was expected -- defense on third down, in the red zone, and in the third quarter -- they ranked near the bottom of the league.

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Haslam is unhappy with recent lack of effort, failure to make adjustments. He feels the team has no fire.

Great - another intemperate owner.

Players are already talking about the chaos in the organization....

pbmax
12-29-2013, 10:56 PM
And this is downright Modellian, from smart football:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BctP4oNCYAAd7p9.png

mraynrand
12-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Browns = Disaster House

Green Bay - get rid of Stubby but keep Slocum!!

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow, I guess I missed the boat on the Browns season. Football Outsiders has them 25th. I thought that D looked capable against the Packers backup skill positions.

MJZiggy
12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Local DC news saying Shanahan will be fired in the morning.

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Wow, I guess I missed the boat on the Browns season. Football Outsiders has them 25th. I thought that D looked capable against the Packers backup skill positions.

Their 'D" gave up 25.7 P/G and that was 0.1 P/G worse than the Packers @ 25.6 P/G.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:19 PM
At this point we have moved from mystifying to insulting.

Hahahahahahaha but :flm: FIRE :flm: that piece of CRAP ASAP.

Guiness
12-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Local DC news saying Shanahan will be fired in the morning.

Crazy if Shannahan walks away with that money. NFL should bump the cap by $7-8mil and include coaches salaries!

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Crazy if Shannahan walks away with that money. NFL should bump the cap by $7-8mil and include coaches salaries!

Even crazier is that the Rams NEARLY parlayed the 2nd pick in the draft they traded to the Redskins into the 1st pick in the draft this year. At one point, the Texans were winning and the Redskins were losing, which would have made that pick traded by Wash to the Rams the #1 pick.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Frazier is out in Minny.

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 15m
Have been doing this for 22 years and never have met a more honorable man than Leslie Frazier. Privilege to know and cover him

gbgary
12-30-2013, 08:57 AM
shanny is out!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/no-surprise-washington-redskins-fire-mike-shanahan-144231192--nfl.html

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 09:03 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1904829-nfl-black-monday-2013-coaches-on-hot-seat-rumors-and-firing-news

NFL Black Monday 2013: Coaches on Hot Seat, Rumors and Firing News

By: Tim Keeney (Featured Columnist) on December 29, 2013

15,963 reads

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:13 AM
shanny is out!!

That was obvious from his hilarious IDGAF pressers at the end of the year.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Word out of Cleveland is that the staff is retained but the new guy can hire or fire as he wants.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Mulling Martin Mayhew in Motown:

Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey 5m
Trying to decide if they’re firing his boss too. RT @neristein: How has Jim Schwartz not been fired yet?

pittstang5
12-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Word out of Cleveland is that the staff is retained but the new guy can hire or fire as he wants.

I hope new guy wants to run a 4-3.

Fritz
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Mulling Martin Mayhew in Motown:

Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey 5m
Trying to decide if they’re firing his boss too. RT @neristein: How has Jim Schwartz not been fired yet?

Word here is The Schvantz is gone - the management is meeting this morning - and that, lo and behold, there was "dysfunction" between Mayhew and Schwartz. Mayhew procured the talent but apparently The Schvantz did not use the talent in ways Mayhew thought would be effective. Supposedly the two were barely talking by the end of the season.

This makes you wonder if maybe Mayhew should go, too. People keep talking about how he upgraded the talent, but he's also got the team in a sal cap strap in the next two years, with Suh's rookie contract about to be up and all those free agents he's brought in (Bush, Tulloch, Idonjae, Quinn, et al). In addition, The Schvantz was his hire. My guess is Mayhew gets one more shot with one more coach. The rumor mill here has Greg Roman, SF's offensive coordinator, as the favorite. The team wants someone to work with Pad Statford.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 09:41 AM
I hope new guy wants to run a 4-3.

Nice thought. It means Horton might be off the market long enough for him to be available after the first wave of DCs get picked up.

I still don't see GB making huge changes on the defensive staff. Capers might "retire" and a promotion made in-house. That's how the Packers roll, for better or worse.

Cheesehead Craig
12-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Frazier is out in Minny.

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 15m
Have been doing this for 22 years and never have met a more honorable man than Leslie Frazier. Privilege to know and cover him
Doubt he ever gets another shot at being a HC. Likely will take a year off then come back as a DC.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Danny might be the genetic opposite of Bob Harlan.

Tim Western ‏@Veretax 47m
Looks like, as anticipated, the Redskins Messageboard http://bit.ly/1k09pEm has gone down for the count following news of Shanahan's ouster

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306538/article/nfl-head-coach-tracker

NFL head coach tracker

By Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The League Editor

Published: Dec. 30, 2013 at 09:22 a.m.
Updated: Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:26 a.m.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Greg Schiano and Mark Dominik have been fired!

Fritz
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM

..and in news that should surprise no one here, Mike Sherman has lost the confidence of his young QB as well as the whole Miami fan base:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306957/article/ryan-tannehill-lost-confidence-in-oc-mike-sherman

pbmax
12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
..and in news that should surprise no one here, Mike Sherman has lost the confidence of his young QB as well as the whole Miami fan base:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306957/article/ryan-tannehill-lost-confidence-in-oc-mike-sherman

Odd, I thought Sherman would be a good OC. His O line wasn't helping him though.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 10:57 AM

Kinda surprised here. Thought the second half of the year would earn him another year.

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Jim Schwartz fired.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 11:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307031/article/ny-jets-celebrate-announcement-of-rex-ryans-return

N.Y. Jets celebrate announcement of Rex Ryan's return

By: Marc Sessler ... Around the League Writer

Published: Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:31 a.m. ... Updated: Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 11:17 AM
shanny is out!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/no-surprise-washington-redskins-fire-mike-shanahan-144231192--nfl.html

Michael Shanahan is out in Washingtom and not surprized and likely happy as 'a Pig in Shit' with:

Reference:

The Washington Post:

Washington Redskins owner, Daniel Snyder isn't willing to buy out the remainder of Mike Shanahan's contract. The $7 million salary for next season is the end of the five-year, $35 million deal signed in 2009.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m
From @mortreport: Bucs will give consideration to reaching back to past, bringing back a Rich McKay-Lovie Smith tag team.

Its never better the second time around Bucs.

red
12-30-2013, 11:26 AM
schwantz is out lol

so long little yippie dog

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 11:29 AM
schwantz is out lol

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/30/5253082/jim-schwartz-fired-detroit-lions-head-coach

Jim Schwartz fired as Lions head coach, per report

By: Pete Volk  @Pete_Volk on Dec 30 2013, 11:58 AM

pbmax
12-30-2013, 11:33 AM
SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 34m
The Lions should get Ken Whisenhunt up there as soon as they possibly can.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 11:35 AM
schwantz is out lol

Greg Van Roten ‏@GVR64 37m
“@AdamSchefter: Jim Schwartz fired.” @jsitton71

josh sitton ‏@jsitton71 32m
“@GVR64: “@AdamSchefter: Jim Schwartz fired.” @jsitton71” cray

KYPack
12-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Odd, I thought Sherman would be a good OC. His O line wasn't helping him though.

The OLine improved for awhile there, after Incog and Martin split.

Dolphin fans were pissed at Sherm for abandoning the run?

Mike must have finally tossed out the U79 or whatever it was.

Shermie was an awful GM, a so-so HC, but I always thought OC was the perfect job for the boy.

Tannehil had two fugly games to close out the year and word is he'd like a new OC to work with.

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 11:41 AM
From @mortreport: Bucs will give consideration to reaching back to past, bringing back a Rich McKay-Lovie Smith tag team.

Lovie Smith:
"Our number one goal, the number one goal we'll have is to beat the Saints. Or is it the Panthers? Maybe ATL if they come back"
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/Lovie.jpg

Guiness
12-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Chudzinski surprises me a little, didn't see that one coming. With the QB problems he was saddled with, it seemed like he deserved a second year, but our view is from 50, 000 feet so it's hard to tell what the real situation was there. What happened in Carolina this year probably didn't help, with the team having a major turn around and Steve Smith blaming him for last year's inept offensive performance.

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Chudzinski surprises me a little, didn't see that one coming. With the QB problems he was saddled with, it seemed like he deserved a second year, but our view is from 50, 000 feet so it's hard to tell what the real situation was there. What happened in Carolina this year probably didn't help, with the team having a major turn around and Steve Smith blaming him for last year's inept offensive performance.

except that the turn-around was largely due to the defense.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM
except that the turn-around was largely due to the defense.

Yes, Chud had trouble figuring out what to do with Cam and that offense. Its not good when David Shula outperforms you.

I wonder of Rand can summarize the injuries the Browns suffered, were there a lot on D or was it simply a failure on that side of the ball?

KYPack
12-30-2013, 12:03 PM
The Chud looked good at the start, but in the end, it was the same 'ol Brownies.

I think GM Mike Lombardi wants his guy in that side of the building.

New HC and a new QB with the high pick and/or The Indy #1 in the Trent R deal.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 12:06 PM
The Chud looked good at the start, but in the end, it was the same 'ol Brownies.

I think GM Mike Lombardi wants his guy in that side of the building.

New HC and a new QB with the high pick and/or The Indy #1 in the Trent R deal.

Wasn't Lombardi there when Chud was chosen?

And the sense I get from far away is that Banner is the power, Lombardi is just the personnel guy. But that is just reading reporting tea leaves.

KYPack
12-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, Chud had trouble figuring out what to do with Cam and that offense. Its not good when David Shula outperforms you.

Mike Shula.

Dave works for daddy running the restaurants.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Mike Shula.

Dave works for daddy running the restaurants.

Wow, Chud couldn't even outperform the maître d’.

Brandon494
12-30-2013, 12:33 PM

I disagree, Lovie Smith reminds me a lot of Tony Dungy. Both have great defensive minds and are well respected in the league. That would be a great hire for TB with all the talent they have on the defensive side of the ball.

Brandon494
12-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Guarantee both Lions and Vikings will go after offensive minded coaches, following the Bears foot steps trying to keep up with us. :-)

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I disagree, Lovie Smith reminds me a lot of Tony Dungy. Both have great defensive minds and are well respected in the league. That would be a great hire for TB with all the talent they have on the defensive side of the ball.

The most important question in the interview will be: "Who will be your offensive coordinator and how much freedom will he have"

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Guarantee both Lions and Vikings will go after offensive minded coaches, following the Bears foot steps trying to keep up with us. :-)

Also, in case you missed it (like the Vikings - and Lions to an extent) , the NFL is a passing, offensive-friendly league.

KYPack
12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Wasn't Lombardi there when Chud was chosen?

And the sense I get from far away is that Banner is the power, Lombardi is just the personnel guy. But that is just reading reporting tea leaves.

Yeah, I forgot about Banner. Lombardi has the GM title, but who knows who does what in that organization.

There is even a guy named Alec Scheiner that is team president.

That's a great gig, President of an NFL team and nobody even knows your name!

Cleft Crusty
12-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Banner. Lombardi has the GM title, but who knows who does what in that organization.

Mix in a corrupt owner who likes to meddle based on what he sees on ESPN or hears Michael Irvin say on the NFL network, and you have absolute chaos.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 01:30 PM

I think that guy is Haslem's business side guy, someone from his side of the equation to keep an eye on things or perhaps to be sure all the cash gets raked in.

The Banner/Lombardi combo therefore seems like two guys doing the same job. Could be wrong about that. Banner left the Eagles when the Reid ship of state was starting to encounter head winds, but I don't recall if he was fingered for the flag gin performance.

Banner is the public face according to the reporters. Just seems convoluted.

Guiness
12-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Shianco and Frazier gone...does that make Josh Freeman the guy who got two coaches fired in ONE season? :knll:

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Shianco and Frazier gone...does that make Josh Freeman the guy who got two coaches fired in ONE season? :knll:

There's a strong correlation between 'job security' as an NFL HC and how healthy you team is at 'the QB position'.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 04:21 PM

I'm getting Lovie Smith as the leading name in Tampa Bay and he's offering former University of California coach Jeff Tedford as his offensive coordinator wherever he signs to be an NFL HC.

Anyone here that imagines Lovie Smith as a possible Packers DC might rethink that.

Do you really imagine a change with the Packers and DC? Some aggressive move by TT/MM centered on that lousy aspect of the Green Bay Packers team?

Then I believe your best hope is a Dom Capers retirement.

GO PACKERS GO !

pbmax
12-30-2013, 05:15 PM
This bodes well for organizational structure:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h
So… Shanahan exits with his personnel role. Bruce Allen says he won’t fill it. Will keep things the way they are. Very surprised.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3h
Bruce Allen, Skins GM who had no control of personnel previously, says he now has control of the roster. He's not an evaluator. Interesting

Fritz
12-30-2013, 05:45 PM

So… Shanahan exits with his personnel role. Bruce Allen says he won’t fill it. Will keep things the way they are. Very surprised.

Bruce Allen, Skins GM who had no control of personnel previously, says he now has control of the roster. He's not an evaluator. Interesting

On the Detroit front, I listened to the press conference with Martin Mayhew and Tom Lewand (President) of the Lions.

Boy, that was some interesting stuff. When you read past the usual "we all coulda done better" mumbo jumbo, there were some very clear messages:

1. After thanking The Schvantz and reminding everyone it wasn't just his fault, Mayhew and Lewan made it very, very clear that, well, it was The Schvantz's fault. They were adamant that they had the talent there, that Stafford is, and I quote Lewan here, a "great" quarterback, and that the next coach is expected to win with the talent they have there, plus their draft picks. They feel the pieces are in place but the coach didn't get it done.

2. Again, after the usual mumbo jumbo about not locking themselves into any candidate who runs a particular offense or defense, both Lewan and Mayhew were clear that they want someone who's going to run a 4-3. They feel their talent lies with that scheme, so whoever comes in will be expected to run that, although, again, the two top clowns claimed that wasn't so. It's just that everything they said after that pointed to a 4-3 coach. Not that they are hiring a defensive guy; that's not it (I suspect they want Whisenhunt), but whomever they bring in will have to have a DC who runs a 4-3.

3. This relates to Number one and to me was the most interesting aspect of the whole thing: Lewan not only defended the talent on the field, he went out of his way to praise the scouting staff, the PR staff, and the janitorial staff. And both he and Mayhew stressed that the next coach not only is expected to win with the talent at hand, he's expected to
"change the culture" of the organization.

All of this made me feel all tingly inside. It's clear The Schvantz is taking the fall for all of it, and it's equally clear that Mayhew and Lewan want to keep everything exactly as it is, except that a new guy is supposed to come in and "change the culture" and win.

To me, Lewan and Mayhew aren't interested in any real or unsettling or organizational change. They think they've done a damn fine job and have everything in place for some lucky guy to come in and "change the culture" somehow and win.

Good luck with that.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 05:46 PM

It looks to me like the status quo always wins in Washington.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 05:54 PM
It looks to me like the status quo always wins in Washington.

Yes. Confusion.

pbmax
12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Smart Football ‏@smartfootball 15m
Sounds like Kevin Gilbride will be fired. Not sure what direction Couglin goes; was heavily involved with offense: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/12/offensive_coordinator_kevin_gilbride_likely_to_be_ fired_by_giants_source_says.html …

Finally the Giants curse on the Packers should end.

MJZiggy
12-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes. Confusion.
Gives the local sports chicks something to talk about.

Fritz
12-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Make Ziggy the O coordinator in Washington, I say. AND have her double as a cheerleader.

MJZiggy
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Make Ziggy the O coordinator in Washington, I say. AND have her double as a cheerleader.
Ok, handsome, why you sucking up? :lol:

pbmax
12-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m
Sounds like Norv Turner will very likely be out of Cleveland no matter what. Very likely they hire a playcaller like McDaniels or Gase

Wrong guy cut free from Packer perspective.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 06:45 PM

Cheerleader common traits and chacteristics:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnN46PAJtDPMPF8W4evyrZNazLw3mVP yP3wda4QSW12yWvKDEbBQ

Candidates look like:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiS45ICmzIeRSwVjRJdYOyg4A7abxD8 y3ZhIWMUSRfKWpi-0G4

She say's....

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzK1RqthMrLIQIGqwdiPoowg0-gOrPvePYqAisTCvkMTNLNcRdPg

Me !!!?

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:30 PM
On the Detroit front, I listened to the press conference with Martin Mayhew and Tom Lewand (President) of the Lions.

Boy, that was some interesting stuff. When you read past the usual "we all coulda done better" mumbo jumbo, there were some very clear messages:

1. After thanking The Schvantz and reminding everyone it wasn't just his fault, Mayhew and Lewan made it very, very clear that, well, it was The Schvantz's fault. They were adamant that they had the talent there, that Stafford is, and I quote Lewan here, a "great" quarterback, and that the next coach is expected to win with the talent they have there, plus their draft picks. They feel the pieces are in place but the coach didn't get it done.

2. Again, after the usual mumbo jumbo about not locking themselves into any candidate who runs a particular offense or defense, both Lewan and Mayhew were clear that they want someone who's going to run a 4-3. They feel their talent lies with that scheme, so whoever comes in will be expected to run that, although, again, the two top clowns claimed that wasn't so. It's just that everything they said after that pointed to a 4-3 coach. Not that they are hiring a defensive guy; that's not it (I suspect they want Whisenhunt), but whomever they bring in will have to have a DC who runs a 4-3.

3. This relates to Number one and to me was the most interesting aspect of the whole thing: Lewan not only defended the talent on the field, he went out of his way to praise the scouting staff, the PR staff, and the janitorial staff. And both he and Mayhew stressed that the next coach not only is expected to win with the talent at hand, he's expected to
"change the culture" of the organization.

All of this made me feel all tingly inside. It's clear The Schvantz is taking the fall for all of it, and it's equally clear that Mayhew and Lewan want to keep everything exactly as it is, except that a new guy is supposed to come in and "change the culture" and win.

To me, Lewan and Mayhew aren't interested in any real or unsettling or organizational change. They think they've done a damn fine job and have everything in place for some lucky guy to come in and "change the culture" somehow and win.

Good luck with that.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXLH1572MvhvmnSNLSOHFde1hocsn9q 9lsllM6WAPayU7WCQQQ

EQUALS

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjg-5YKRihDlhLOLkeXcNU57ca6qfnE_5s6qFGCxOF7c3nYOiHHg

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:35 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5xuKmXRHRi2P_jCTYdyWyjvBZBBOOr YqwrWD8f3Vv7CcSmvUwhQ

Guiness
12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Smart Football ‏@smartfootball 15m
Sounds like Kevin Gilbride will be fired. Not sure what direction Couglin goes; was heavily involved with offense: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/12/offensive_coordinator_kevin_gilbride_likely_to_be_ fired_by_giants_source_says.html …

Finally the Giants curse on the Packers should end.

Mhmm. They even beat the Pack this year, and I think they were the only team with a winning record they beat?

pbmax
12-30-2013, 11:29 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2013/12/30/mark-davis-on-dennis-allen-really-the-only-people-whove-been-replacing-dennis-as-coach-of-the-raiders-is-the-media/

Mark Davis throws some water on the Dennis Allen and Reggie McKenzie are going to get the boot fire.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:31 AM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2013/12/30/mark-davis-on-dennis-allen-really-the-only-people-whove-been-replacing-dennis-as-coach-of-the-raiders-is-the-media/

Mark Davis throws some water on the Dennis Allen and Reggie McKenzie are going to get the boot fire.

I read that differently.

If I was Dennis Allen I'd be feeling a tad insecure right now. Reggie McKenzie shouldn't be feeling anymore secure.

The Oakland Raider position on HC seems rather more of a dynamic process than fixed. If Jon Gruden was available at a reasonable cost would you as owner be licking your chops? I'm not at all sure that any of that is possible and in terms of that what Raider fans might think.

Jon Gruden is looking for a perfect situation and he's back on the sidelines .

Perfect situation might mean as a GM and HC. In which case he and the Oakland Raiders would mean bye bye to Reggie McKenzie.

Guiness
12-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Sweet Mother of....

Josh McDaniels is getting a head coaching interfiew. Wow. His HC stint in Denver was the thing of legends, signed more than a dozen UFAs (some of which didn't even make it through training camp!), got the team fined for videotaping another team's practice and had a potential trade of Cutler leaked, pissing off his franchise QB which resulted in him being traded for Kyle Orton.

Who would talk to this guy you ask? The Browns. If you didn't feel sorry for fans of that franchise before, this latest move by the factory of sadness has to tug at your heart at least a little. There is no way that would not end up a train wreck.

edit: how could I forget he also drafted Tebow. In the first round. Might've even traded up for him.

denverYooper
12-31-2013, 02:40 PM
Sweet Mother of....

Josh McDaniels is getting a head coaching interfiew. Wow. His HC stint in Denver was the thing of legends, signed more than a dozen UFAs (some of which didn't even make it through training camp!), got the team fined for videotaping another team's practice and had a potential trade of Cutler leaked, pissing off his franchise QB which resulted in him being traded for Kyle Orton.

Who would talk to this guy you ask? The Browns. If you didn't feel sorry for fans of that franchise before, this latest move by the factory of sadness has to tug at your heart at least a little. There is no way that would not end up a train wreck.

edit: how could I forget he also drafted Tebow. In the first round. Might've even traded up for him.

Yep. For Denver's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

He's popular here.

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Sweet Mother of....

Somewhere Bill Belichick is pulling what hair he has left and screeming:

No No No Josh ... please don't go !

Joemailman
01-01-2014, 08:17 PM
It will be Lovie Smith in Tampa Bay. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308084/article/lovie-smith-close-to-finalizing-deal-with-buccaneers

woodbuck27
01-01-2014, 08:21 PM
It will be Lovie Smith in Tampa Bay. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308084/article/lovie-smith-close-to-finalizing-deal-with-buccaneers

That seemed to be what would go down there.

Warren Sapp has declared that Tampa Bay is the very best franchise for any HC to find as a landing spot.

pbmax
01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
His is bringing in Jeff Tedford as his OC (former head coach of Aaron Rodgers) and Leslie Frazier as his DC. That seems promising. Not sure how Tedford will translate in the NFL but its a experienced bunch with some past success.

mraynrand
01-01-2014, 09:10 PM
His is bringing in Jeff Tedford as his OC (former head coach of Aaron Rodgers) and Leslie Frazier as his DC. That seems promising. Not sure how Tedford will translate in the NFL but its a experienced bunch with some past success.

I was worried he was going to the Loins. Lovie is a quality coach. Don't know about Tedford in the NFL though...

Brandon494
01-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Guessing they brought in Tedford to help groom Mike Glennon whos a promising young QB. This is the guy NC State decided to go with over Russell Wilson when he wanted to return for another season. I like the hires by TB, NFC South will be loaded next season.

pbmax
01-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Another example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing:

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h
The hiring of Lovie Smith could end the Darrelle Revis experiment in Tampa http://wp.me/p14QSB-9npo

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball 1h
?? Lovie's #1 coverage last CHI yrs was Cover 1 man RT @ProFootballTalk Lovie Smith could end Revis experiment in TB http://wp.me/p14QSB-9npo

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Seems like there are zero Packer coaches attracting any attention. Wonder why that might be.

Joemailman
01-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Seems like there are zero Packer coaches attracting any attention. Wonder why that might be.

They know Slocum loves Green Bay too much to ever leave.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 05:48 AM

What...not even Shawn !?

Shocking stuff.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 07:30 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20131231/SPORTS01/312310118/detroit-lions-tom-cable-coaching-search

Detroit Lions coaching search: Team reaches out to Seattle assistant Tom Cable.

10:14 PM, December 31, 2013

Patler
01-02-2014, 09:35 AM

I don't think the Packer's coaches are allowed to interview anyway. Coaches whose teams have byes can interview during their bye week, otherwise, I think they have to wait until their teams are eliminated from playoffs.

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't think the Packer's coaches are allowed to interview anyway. Coaches whose teams have byes can interview during their bye week, otherwise, I think they have to wait until their teams are eliminated from playoffs.

Ah, I forgot about the bye week thing. That's why some coaches from teams still in playoffs are getting interviewed.

Seems kinda funny that the successful teams mostly have their coaches cut off from potential interviews, but coaches that have failed are available for interviews (but mostly for assistant positions!)

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Guessing they brought in Tedford to help groom Mike Glennon whos a promising young QB. This is the guy NC State decided to go with over Russell Wilson when he wanted to return for another season. I like the hires by TB, NFC South will be loaded next season.

Yup watch out for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over the next 2-3 seasons.

I like what I've seen in QB Mike Glennon. I like a lot of their players. This franchise simply needs good leadership and maybe this move is the right step in that direction.

woodbuck27
01-02-2014, 09:52 AM

That's right I missed that one Patler.

Guiness
01-02-2014, 12:25 PM

So Frazier was unemployed for 24 or so hours. Did Minnesota make a mistake letting him go, or is he a better coordinator than HC?

Rutnstrut
01-02-2014, 01:13 PM
So Frazier was unemployed for 24 or so hours. Did Minnesota make a mistake letting him go, or is he a better coordinator than HC?

IMO, Minny made a huge mistake letting him go, that said, I do believe he will be a much better DC than head coach. Maybe the vikes will give Les Steckel a whirl again, he seems about as quirky as the Wilfs.

pbmax
01-02-2014, 01:15 PM

I'll be honest. I remember his tenure as the DC in Minny with HC (Head Coach and Head Chauffeur) Chilly as pretty successful.

But he had the Williams Wall, Jared Allen and the world's smallest big hitting corner (cannot remember his name) on the team. That plus Henderson and the unforgettable DE opposite Allen (name forgotten) made up a pretty good cast. So he could be a genius or just run of the mill with good personnel, I am not sure.

Dungy thinks highly of him, but he also like Caldwell in Indy.

mraynrand
01-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I'll be honest. I remember his tenure as the DC in Minny with HC (Head Coach and Head Chauffeur) Chilly as pretty successful.

But he had the Williams Wall, Jared Allen and the world's smallest big hitting corner (cannot remember his name) on the team. That plus Henderson and the unforgettable DE opposite Allen (name forgotten) made up a pretty good cast. So he could be a genius or just run of the mill with good personnel, I am not sure.

Dungy thinks highly of him, but he also like Caldwell in Indy.

I kinda feel sorry for Caldwell. He has to interview with at least 5 teams in the next week so they can then go and hire the guy they want.

run pMc
01-02-2014, 03:05 PM
the world's smallest big hitting corner (cannot remember his name)
Antoine Winfield. The Vikings secondary really missed him this year.

Rodgers12
01-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Gilbridge officially "retires" as Giants OC, obviously, to prevent an awkward situation where Coughlin has to fire his BFF, Gilbridge. The guy seems to have the Packers' number in the playoffs, so I am glad he's no longer their OC.

I wonder if Mike Sherman will do that same in Miami. No way Philbin fires his BFF, Sherman, but the owner wants a new OC. How about Sherman takes over as play-caller for McCarthy in GB? That would be awkward but it would be awesome.

woodbuck27
01-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Gilbridge officially "retires" as Giants OC, obviously, to prevent an awkward situation where Coughlin has to fire his BFF, Gilbridge. The guy seems to have the Packers' number in the playoffs, so I am glad he's no longer their OC.

I wonder if Mike Sherman will do that same in Miami. No way Philbin fires his BFF, Sherman, but the owner wants a new OC. How about Sherman takes over as play-caller for McCarthy in GB? That would be awkward but it would be awesome.

Hey in that post your hilarious Rodgers12.

I do believe in regards to MS and Miami >>> to possibly GB...Your being 'tongue in cheek'.

Ohh Mike Sherman's job security in Miami and your deeming that he's Joe Philbin's friend.

If you know all that's been going on with the Miami Dolphins of late and Joe Philbin's stance on all of that.

Would you if your Mike Sherman...seriously ..... TRUST Joe Philbin?

I'll go out on a limb here and post this:

Mike Sherman is done in Miami. It's got diddly to do with Miami HC Joe Philbin; moreso to do with a player there that warrants being closely watched for his leadership role and views.

That player is Miami Dolphin QB Ryan Tannehill. There's something about that guy.

I'll withhold my thoughts and Ryan Tannehill as I study him some more.

GO PACKERS ...GO PACK GO !

pbmax
01-03-2014, 08:19 AM
I think its Kevin Gilbride, unless I am missing the point or joke.

woodbuck27
01-03-2014, 10:31 AM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10232748/kevin-gilbride-offensive-coordinator-new-york-giants-announces-retirement

Giants' Kevin Gilbride retires

By: Dan Graziano | ESPN.com

Updated: January 2, 2014, 11:30 PM ET

woodbuck27
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/report-miami-dolphins-owner-weighing-whether-to-fi/ncZf4/

Posted: 4:07 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014

Report: Miami Dolphins owner weighing whether to fire GM Jeff Ireland and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman

Guiness
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM

So far there is one recycled coach hired (Lovie) and several others in play: Wisehunt, Cable, McDaniels, Schwartz (!!!), Caldwell and Jack Del Rio are all former HCs being mentioned. Todd Bowles was an interim HC, and of course Cowher is being mentioned as he always is whenever there is an opening.

woodbuck27
01-03-2014, 11:04 AM
So far there is one recycled coach hired (Lovie) and several others in play: Wisehunt, Cable, McDaniels, Schwartz (!!!), Caldwell and Jack Del Rio are all former HCs being mentioned. Todd Bowles was an interim HC, and of course Cowher is being mentioned as he always is whenever there is an opening.

There are a lot of coach's and not enough HC openings, as it's going down now Guiness.

bobblehead
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM

I'm not a fan of retread NFL coaches. The track record is really bad. The job takes something from a man, something he never gets back. Very few are successful the second go around. Of that list, only Wisenhunt seems like someone I would consider.

pbmax
01-03-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm not a fan of retread NFL coaches. The track record is really bad. The job takes something from a man, something he never gets back. Very few are successful the second go around. Of that list, only Wisenhunt seems like someone I would consider.

I think Wiz can coach. He will need better than his last effort on the defensive side of the ball, but he can handle an O.

mraynrand
01-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not a fan of retread NFL coaches. The track record is really bad. The job takes something from a man, something he never gets back. Very few are successful the second go around.

Good thing for NE that Robert Kraft didn't listen to you

woodbuck27
01-03-2014, 10:01 PM
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66280628/

BY: Chuck Culpepper ... January 3, 2014

Making a deal with the devil

" With Mike Shanahan out, Washington is on the prowl for a new head coach. Working for Dan Snyder isn't ideal, but these coaches can't rebuff interest, even if it's from hell." LINK

LP
01-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Seven pages and not a "Chucky" mention, at least not that I saw. Wow!

mraynrand
01-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Seven pages and not a "Chucky" mention, at least not that I saw. Wow!

he's mentioned - heard his name on the radio today - but life is way too good for him as an announcer.

woodbuck27
01-04-2014, 04:56 PM
he's mentioned - heard his name on the radio today - but life is way too good for him as an announcer.

Chucky is looking for the whole shebang!

The perfect situation and offer.

HC..GM and likely part ownership. :?

He wants a BIG SHARE.

Joemailman
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Munchak out at Tennessee. Any good assistants there?

Bretsky
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Munchak out at Tennessee. Any good assistants there?

Special Teams coach ????

They had a decent defense for part of the year but I can't recall who the DC is there

woodbuck27
01-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Special Teams coach ????

They had a decent defense for part of the year but I can't recall who the DC is there

The 2013 season Tennessee Titan DC = Jerry Grey.

The Tennessee Titans 2013 Season Coaching Staff:

http://www.titansonline.com/team/coaches.html

denverYooper
01-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Mike Sherman has been let go:

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 1m
Head Coach Joe Philbin has announced that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

red
01-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Head Coach Joe Philbin has announced that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman has been relieved of his duties.

hope m3 is paying attention to see what his future career path looks like

pbmax
01-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Maybe we hire Sherman to coach the O line but make him read the no-hazing policy?

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Maybe we hire Sherman to coach the O line but make him read the no-hazing policy?

A 'BOLD POST' pbmax.

Watch out for wolves. :tup:

Guiness
01-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Wade Phillips let go as well. Will he be an HC candidate? He's held that position 6 different times (3 of them as interim. Dangerous to be an HC with him around!) but I think that ship has sailed for him.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 01:02 PM
How much are the San Fran 49ers paying their DC?

Maybe Ted Thompson could lure that fella to Green Bay?

I refer to Ted Fangio? Would such a positive move be too progressive for Ted?

Would such a move disrupt the TT/MM Family ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Fangio

denverYooper
01-06-2014, 01:12 PM
How much are the San Fran49ers paying their DC?

Maybe Ted Thompson could lure that fella to Green Bay?

I refer to Ted Fangio? Would such a positive move be too progressive for Ted?

Would such a move disrupt the TT/MM Family ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Fangio

Only if he can bring Navorro Bowman or Justin Smith with him.

denverYooper
01-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Redskins request permission to interview SF DC Vic Fangio. Redskins, Vikes request interviews w/ SF OC Greg Roman, as @AlbertBreer reported.

mraynrand
01-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Bring in Ted Fangio!

mraynrand
01-06-2014, 03:07 PM

Retroactive to midway through the season.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Only if he can bring Navorro Bowman or Justin Smith with him.

Baby steps... one at a time.

denverYooper
01-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Bring in Ted Fangio!

Ted's ego would never allow it.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Redskins request permission to interview SF DC Vic Fangio. Redskins, Vikes request interviews w/ SF OC Greg Roman, as @AlbertBreer reported.

Davis will open the vault to ruin these two men's careers.

San Fran's DC Vic Fangio Trumps Dom Capers. Ted swing it his way please.

Greg Roman...He can go wherever unless Ted can swing both of them into Green Bay for a stay.

These fella's in Washington or Minny?

They had better look at "the peaceful life and times" in Minnesota over the impending guillotine that's the Redskins franchise.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Bring in Ted Fangio!

Hey Eh!?

Maybe there's hope for you 'M'.

QBME
01-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Bring in Ted Fangio!

I assume he could be signed pretty cheap...

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
I assume he could be signed pretty cheap...

He'd have to be if Teddy signs him.

QBME
01-06-2014, 03:39 PM
He's have to be if Teddy signs him.

The point is the guy's a nobody really.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:43 PM
The point is the guy's a nobody really.

That San Fran defense isn't easy to overcome.

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Why would he leave a SB calibur team where guys know his system to start over with GB? Makes no sense and is silly to think he'll take at best a lateral move. Does nothing for his career.

woodbuck27
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Why would he leave a SB calibur team where guys know his system to start over with GB? Makes no sense and is silly to think he'll take at best a lateral move. Does nothing for his career.

$$$$ actually often beckons very well.

:tup: $$$$ more $$$$ :tup:

$$$$THANK YOU$$$$ :five:

pbmax
01-06-2014, 04:01 PM
This is going to lead to a few action items:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/GoogleIt.png

1. Mad, breakout the celebratory plastic champagne flutes. PackerRats is topping Google coaching search.

2. Mad, I need to see a Privacy Statement from you about what kinds of data you are exposing to the Google bots and indexing, which are then available to the NSA.

3. Woody, you have to put up a profile for the guy on Wikipedia, he needs it.

Cheesehead Craig
01-06-2014, 04:07 PM
$$$$ actually often beckons very well.

:tup: $$$$ more $$$$ :tup:

$$$$THANK YOU$$$$ :five:
Maybe for college coaches to switch programs but I am not aware of a DC or OC leaving a successful team for another DC or OC position for another team. Usually they only leave for HC gigs as that's a promotion.

ThunderDan
01-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Maybe for college coaches to switch programs but I am not aware of a DC or OC leaving a successful team for another DC or OC position for another team. Usually they only leave for HC gigs as that's a promotion.

And NFL teams can deny interviews with other teams for lateral moves.

Guiness
01-06-2014, 05:07 PM

1. Mad, breakout the celebratory plastic champagne flutes. PackerRats is topping Google coaching search.

2. Mad, I need to see a Privacy Statement from you about what kinds of data you are exposing to the Google bots and indexing, which are then available to the NSA.

ROFL! Great stuff!

You're forgiven, and your dog can breathe easier - Mr Shhh has been called off.

QBME
01-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Need to clear this up - Rand and I were referencing Ted Fangio. I think you're referencing Vic Fangio?

Smidgeon
01-07-2014, 10:18 AM

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/GoogleIt.png

Good stuff. We could be friends.

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
The Washington Redskins hire Jay Gruden as the teams next Head Coach.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24403204/report-redskins-closer-to-naming-jay-gruden-next-head-coach

Jay Gruden hired as coach of the Washington Redskins

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer

January 9, 2014 9:09 am ET

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gruden

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 02:49 PM

Have I been hired by Google? Awesome...Maybe my writing skills will improve.

Wondering what the pay is? Ohh that doesn't matter. It'll be the Friday afterwork Pizza Parties that compensate for anything else. I understand they bring in "Exotic Dancers" among others ... Sexy Sadie the Snake Lady often drops by.

woodbuck27's Profile for Google (Always Under Revision.):

NFL Junkie; Packer Fan for > Five Decades; Proud member of Packerrats Green Bay Packer Fan Forum "where blood runs thick"; Favourite Player : Eddie Lacy; Nationality; Canadian sure "with a twist", I'm a Canadian Maritimer ... Eh!; Idol... **Stompin' Tom Connors **; Favorite color - Green; Favourite saying: If You Know What I Mean ... I. Y. K. W. I. M.; Second Favourite saying: Uhh !? You've got to be kidding me.; i.e. Education; YES; Hobbies: Music ... Give Me ROCK and "I Love THE BLUES and any BLUES will do."; and as another hobby I enjoy Cooking; Favourite Bands ... Pink Floyd - " Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb ' and ZZ TOP " La Grange' and I Just Got Paid " ; Favourite BLUES Song (s): Traveling Riverside Blues - By Led Zeppelin (Robert Johnson) and John Lee Hooker - "Highway 13 " and Try this MIX "The Doors and John Lee Hooker - Roadhouse Blues" It's very Raw ! So much good Blues. My collection is enjoyed often.; Sports: Sure.; Health: I'm ALIVE ! That's pretty good.; General Disposition: Happy with "a Twist"... I'm an Irish Canadian, Gimme it a break, Eh! :wink:; Relationship Status: Happy "In LOVE"; Favourite Food: Anything Home Cooked; Favourite Desert: Pumpkin Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream; Favourite Vacation Destination Home in Juvenile Settlement, New Brunswick "Truly"... God's Country.; Best All Time Friend...My Father. Second Best...Too many to mention.

** The Ketchup Song:

There was a guy... from PEI... they used to call... potatoe
He met this young... Leamington... Ontario.... tomatoe
But... he had eyes... for other girls... and she... was... a little mushy
So... he said... lets get wed... there's no sense... being... fussy

Big size ...french fries... how they love... tomatoes
So... dress them up... with Heinz... ketchup
Ketchup loves... potatoes.... Ketchup loves... potatoes

GO PACKERS !

The Shadow
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
I wish the Packers would sign Ted Fungi.

woodbuck27
01-09-2014, 11:53 PM
I wish the Packers would sign Ted Fungi.

Oouuuu !

After TT/MM scrape Fungi off a tree?

Who's Ted Fungi? Where has he coached?

woodbuck27
01-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Hey in that post your hilarious Rodgers12.

I do believe in regards to MS and Miami >>> to possibly GB...Your being 'tongue in cheek'.

Ohh Mike Sherman's job security in Miami and your deeming that he's Joe Philbin's friend.

If you know all that's been going on with the Miami Dolphins of late and Joe Philbin's stance on all of that.

Would you if your Mike Sherman...seriously ..... TRUST Joe Philbin?

I'll go out on a limb here and post this:

Mike Sherman is done in Miami. It's got diddly to do with Miami HC Joe Philbin; moreso to do with a player there that warrants being closely watched for his leadership role and views.

That player is Miami Dolphin QB Ryan Tannehill. There's something about that guy.

I'll withhold my thoughts and Ryan Tannehill as I study him some more.

GO PACKERS ...GO PACK GO !

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000309928/article/mike-sherman-fired-by-miami-dolphins

The Miami Dolphins FIRE OC Mike Sherman. Three Days Ago...Monday 06 Jan. 2014.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/07/26/13/12/gzWFk.St.56.jpeg

BEST FRIENDS ! Mike and Joe !! Sure.

Eh ! Rodgers12 !?

I would NOT TRUST Joe Philbin. That guy gives my Irish 'the creeps'.

Maybe pay some attention to him... his ways/manners.

That FIRING might be a Heads Up for our current QB's Coach Ben McAdoo.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/1/9/5290402/bob-mcadoo-new-york-giants-offensive-coordinator-green-bay-packers

Ben McAdoo added to list of Giants' offensive coordinator candidates

By: Ed Valentine on Jan 9 2014, 8:32 AM

PACKERS !

Guiness
01-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Not an HC, but still a merry-go-round - Kyle Shannahan was let go in DC along with his dad, and has interviewed with Miami for the OC position vacated by Sherman. It's rumoured Kubiak is also in line to interview for that job.

pbmax
01-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Not an HC, but still a merry-go-round - Kyle Shannahan was let go in DC along with his dad, and has interviewed with Miami for the OC position vacated by Sherman. It's rumoured Kubiak is also in line to interview for that job.

If I am Ryan Tannehill presented with those choices, I would regret complaining about Sherman.

woodbuck27
01-11-2014, 07:40 PM
If I am Ryan Tannehill presented with those choices, I would regret complaining about Sherman.

Tannehill is someone to watch verrrry carrrefullly.

woodbuck27
01-12-2014, 12:29 AM
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/01/texans-waiting-on-munchaks-decision-crennel-expected-to-join-as-defensive-coordinator/

( Romeo) Crennel expected to join as defensive coordinator

Posted on January 11, 2014 at 4:58 pm by John McClain

pbmax
01-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Alert!!

Vikings may be about to do something quite smart.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h
Report: Mike Zimmer to have second interview with Vikings http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nZM

mraynrand
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Tannehill is someone to watch verrrry carrrefullly.

Ooooooo......what insight!

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 05:06 AM
Alert!!

Vikings may be about to do something quite smart.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h
Report: Mike Zimmer to have second interview with Vikings http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nZM

http://www.kare11.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2014/01/12/report-mike-zimmer-to-have-second-interview-with-vikings/4441125/

Report: Mike Zimmer to have second interview with Vikings

3:37 p.m. EST January 12, 2014

pbmax
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/13/whisenhunt-talking-to-assistants-could-decide-soon/

Wiz to Lions heating up. I think he will have a reasonable affect on the Lions O. Curious to see what happens on D.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/13/whisenhunt-talking-to-assistants-could-decide-soon/

Wiz to Lions heating up. I think he will have a reasonable affect on the Lions O. Curious to see what happens on D.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
Ken Whisenhunt is going to become the #Titans new coach, per source

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 1m
Per @AdamSchefter, #Titans to hire Ken Whisenhunt and #Lions in talks with Jim Caldwell. #Vikings on the clock.

denverYooper
01-13-2014, 05:21 PM
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 1m
Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

red
01-13-2014, 05:31 PM
whiz has been announced as the new HC of the titans

the lions and queens are gonna be stuck with all the leftover shit nobody else wants

mraynrand
01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
whiz has been announced as the new HC of the titans

the lions and queens are gonna be stuck with all the leftover shit nobody else wants

Not to mention the Browns. The Brownies have the additional fun of trying to convince their new coach that he won't get fired after a year, even if they trade away #3 picks on him during the season.

pbmax
01-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Whew, did not like thought of Wiz in Detroit, that offense is frightening enough. Now they can hire Munchak and run Reggie Bush 25 times a game.

Vikes could still hire Zimmer. Then its a question of finding an OC willing to wait for a QB or make Cassell the placeholder.

pbmax
01-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Not to mention the Browns. The Brownies have the additional fun of trying to convince their new coach that he won't get fired after a year, even if they trade away #3 picks on him during the season.

They just cannot get out of their own way. Handing someone an established DC isn't going to help things move along either.

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 05:51 PM
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 1m
Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/01/13/ken-whisenhunt-head-coach-mike-munchak/4464017/

The reason for that.

Detroit didn't get their man.

woodbuck27
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Whew, did not like thought of Wiz in Detroit, that offense is frightening enough. Now they can hire Munchak and run Reggie Bush 25 times a game.

Vikes could still hire Zimmer. Then its a question of finding an OC willing to wait for a QB or make Cassell the placeholder.

RE: The Detroit LIONS new HC search and the Candidates and Ken Whisenhunt is out ( the Titans new HC ):

http://www.freep.com/article/20140108/SPORTS01/301080054/detroit-lions-coach-gary-kubiak-mike-munchak-ken-whisenhunt

Detroit Lions coaching search: Dan Dierdorf says team shouldn't limit search to former head coaches

3:32 AM, January 8, 2014

Striker
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
RE: The Detroit LIONS new HC search and the Candidates and Ken Whisenhunt is out ( the Titans new HC ):

http://www.freep.com/article/20140108/SPORTS01/301080054/detroit-lions-coach-gary-kubiak-mike-munchak-ken-whisenhunt

Detroit Lions coaching search: Dan Dierdorf says team shouldn't limit search to former head coaches

3:32 AM, January 8, 2014

I hope they stick with retreads. Kubiak would be good. Or maybe they'd be deluded enough to get Mike Martz.

Joemailman
01-13-2014, 11:11 PM
I hope they stick with retreads. Kubiak would be good. Or maybe they'd be deluded enough to get Mike Martz.

I hope they stick with former Lions coaches. Wayne Fontes would be good.

Guiness
01-13-2014, 11:42 PM
I hope they stick with former Lions coaches. Wayne Fontes would be good.

Maybe someone could convince Millen to be a co-ordinator?

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 01:05 AM
Maybe someone could convince Millen to be a co-ordinator?

Co-ordinate ... Hahh !

He seldom gets invited to NFL Access.

When he does he gets more chalk on himself that the chalk board.

denverYooper
01-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 5m
Detroit Lions are hiring Jim Caldwell as their head coach, per a league source.

red
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
yup, lions hire the OC from the offensive Juggernaut baltimore ravens

he is better then anyone i thought they would get

his last year as HC of the colts he went 2-14, should be exactly the type of coach the lions look for

pbmax
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Phew. Lions good for another 4 years of inadequacy.

red
01-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Phew. Lions good for another 4 years of inadequacy.

pretty much my thoughts. caldwell seems like that tony dungy, leslie frazier type of nice guy coach

exactly what the lions don't need

plus he's no offensive guru like they talked about getting

Cheesehead Craig
01-14-2014, 12:16 PM
Hope the Vikes don't hire Zimmer. I really think he's a good DC and can be a real good HC. Not sure why he's not getting hired yet.

pbmax
01-14-2014, 12:25 PM

his last year as HC of the colts he went 2-14, should be exactly the type of coach the lions look for

Yeah, he seems adequate to average. His demeanor will be better than Schwartz, but not sure the offense will explode.

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 12:33 PM

You endorse Jim Caldwell as head coach of the Detroit Lions.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-jim-caldwell-hired-as-detroit-lions-head-coach-report-says-20140114,0,5152146.story

Detroit Lions hire Jim Caldwell as new head coach.

Ravens offensive coordinator will replace Baltimore native Jim Schwartz

pbmax
01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he seems adequate to average. His demeanor will be better than Schwartz, but not sure the offense will explode.

Though if this comes to fruition, we may regret it.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 42m
As for Caldwell's offensive coordinator, strong buzz that Indy's QB coach Clyde Christensen would be top choice. Worked together with Colts

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Hope the Vikes don't hire Zimmer. I really think he's a good DC and can be a real good HC. Not sure why he's not getting hired yet.

Mike Zimmer is a good and very experienced NFL Defensive Coordinator with 19 years experience in that capacity.

He coached the Bengals 'D' to an overall NFL 3rd ranked defense in the 2013 Season. The 'only' better statistically NFL defensive ranking this season belong to Seattle and Carolina.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Zimmer

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Tyler Dunne @TyDunne

RT @Giants The Giants have hired Ben McAdoo as their new offensive coordinator.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Ben McAdoo hired as Giants offensive coordinator

By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Updated: 6:32 PM

Comment woodbuck27:

I'm happy for him that he avoided employment in Miami.

In my view that's a snake happy place.

red
01-14-2014, 06:54 PM
and mcstubbies coaching shrub starts to branch out

KYPack
01-14-2014, 08:51 PM
That's a great job.

Good for Ben.

woodbuck27
01-14-2014, 08:54 PM
That's a great job.

Good for Ben.

I believe it's the exact right spot for him KY.

red
01-15-2014, 11:35 PM
mike singletary is leaving the vikings

wants to be a d=coord

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/mike-singletary-to-leave-vikings/

hmmmm

pbmax
01-16-2014, 12:30 AM
NO!

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 01:18 AM
NO!

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24910059/vikings-mike-singletary-wants-be-head-coach-again

Vikings: Mike Singletary wants to be head coach again, but it won't be here

By Chris Tomasson ctomasson@pioneerpress.com

Posted: 01/14/2014 12:01:00 AM CST | Updated: a day ago

mraynrand
01-16-2014, 11:46 AM
mike singletary is leaving the vikings

wants to be a d=coord

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/mike-singletary-to-leave-vikings/

hmmmm

Dream on Mike! After what transpired in SF, everyone knows that he gets less out of more. Hairball finished Mike as a HC.... except, well, there are some pretty gullible owners out there...

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Jan. 16, 2014

Jets, HC Rex Ryan strike multi-year extension

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282132/jets-hc-rex-ryan-strike-multi-year-extension

Comment: woodbuck27:

It's unclear how many years Rex "sexy" Ryan received in this extension. Reports late in Dec. had him possibly getting extended through the 2015 season.

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9328/teryl-Austin

Lions hired Ravens DBs coach Teryl Austin as defensive coordinator.

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9339/george-Edwards

Vikings hired "Dolphins LBs coach" - George Edwards as DC.

New coach Mike Zimmer is assembling his staff quickly.

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:34 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9333/norv-turner

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings and in-limbo Browns OC Norv Turner "are close to a deal"

that will make Norv Turner the Vikings' OC.

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:39 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9338/mike-pettine

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports Bills DC Mike Pettine will interview for the Browns' head-coaching vacancy on Thursday (today) 16 Jan. 2014.

Pettine DC for the NY Jets from 2009-12 before jumping to Buffalo last season.

Proving he wasn't just a creation of Rex Ryan's system, Pettine oversaw one of the league's most underrated, aggressive units

woodbuck27
01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9317/kyle-shanahan

Mike Shanahan's son Kyle Shanahan is on the Radar of the Baltimore Raven for their open OC job.

It's the Ravens' are looking to replace departed OC Jim Caldwell who's now the Detroit LIONS New HC.

Evidently ... Norv Turner is believed to be a candidate as well.

The former Green Bay Packers QB coach Ben McAdoo was in the mix before accepting the New York Giants OC position.

pbmax
01-16-2014, 03:56 PM
I hope Kyle ends up with the Vikes, would counter my concern over Zimmer quite a bit.

Joemailman
01-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Dream on Mike! After what transpired in SF, everyone knows that he gets less out of more. Hairball finished Mike as a HC.... except, well, there are some pretty gullible owners out there...

Singletary has a remarkable ability to get people to overestimate him.

Rastak
01-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Singletary has a remarkable ability to get people to overestimate him.

You nailed it.

Fritz
01-17-2014, 06:44 AM
Perhaps he'll end up in Washington. I hear there's a gullible owner there...

pbmax
01-18-2014, 09:06 AM
Horton is new DC in Tennessee.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1h
Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton struck a deal to join the Titans in that same role. Browns OC Norv Turner expected to join Vikings

woodbuck27
01-19-2014, 07:31 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9333/norv-turner

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings and in-limbo Browns OC Norv Turner "are close to a deal"

that will make Norv Turner the Vikings' OC.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314789/article/norv-turner-agrees-to-join-minnesota-vikings-as-oc

Norv Turner agrees to join Minnesota Vikings as OC

By Mike Coppinger NFL.com ...Published: Jan. 18, 2014 at 07:16 p.m.

Updated: Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:38 p.m.

pbmax
01-19-2014, 12:48 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/19/report-suggests-dolphins-players-dont-respect-their-coaches/

Go Joe Charboneau?

mraynrand
01-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Browns OC Norv Turner expected to join Vikings

Unreal.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/whacanorv_zps38a8a0a3.jpg (http://s453.photobucket.com/user/mraynrand/media/whacanorv_zps38a8a0a3.jpg.html)

Joemailman
01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Lions hire Joe Lombardi (Grandson of Saint Vincent) as OC. he's been QB coach at New Orleans. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316066/article/lions-to-hire-vince-lombardis-grandson-joe-as-oc

Freak Out
01-21-2014, 01:47 PM
The Browns are in full WTF? mode.

Fritz
01-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Are they now called the Browns because that's the color of their heads, having been apparently stuck up their butts for so long?

Joemailman
01-21-2014, 01:54 PM
This never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

woodbuck27
01-21-2014, 02:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/19/report-suggests-dolphins-players-dont-respect-their-coaches/

Go Joe Charboneau?

Miami is in a terrible mess;

The owner is meddling with conditions and a new GM.

The owner has to give 100% full control to the new GM. That new GM has to assess the current coaches including HC Joe Philbin.

Assess all coach's and dump whomever he declares unfit.

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Assess all coach's and dump whomever he declares unfit.

good idea!

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 03:27 PM
The Browns are in full WTF? mode.

Adam Gase does not want the job. He knows there will be better opportunities next year. I wonder which top three teams he expects to fire their coaches next year.....

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/adam_gase_pulls_out_of_clevela.html

Now all that's left is Quinn and Pettine from the Bills.

If Quinn doesn't withdraw his name before he interviews (again), I'm guessing he will afterwards. After all, there will be coaches fired from better jobs next year!! Keep hope alive.

Meanwhile Pettine wants out of Buffalo so bad he would even accept going to Cleveland. Hey, ask for more than one year of guaranteed money, I say!

mraynrand
01-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Chud reportedly is talking down the team, or not. Probably, he is telling the truth, which is talking down the team. Corrupt, meddling, future felon Owner and two GMs - what could go wrong?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/report_that_former_cleveland_b.html

pbmax
01-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Chud reportedly is talking down the team, or not. Probably, he is telling the truth, which is talking down the team. Corrupt, meddling, future felon Owner and two GMs - what could go wrong?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/report_that_former_cleveland_b.html

How many Browns fans are convinced Haslam was a Steelers plant all along?

woodbuck27
01-22-2014, 05:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cleveland-browns-yet-another-nfl-assistant-coach-turn-164245671--nfl.html

Cleveland Browns have yet another NFL assistant coach turn down their head-coaching job

By Frank Schwab ... ** 18 hours ago ...Shutdown Corner

** Time Now: Wed. 22 Jan , 2014 6:35 AM EST

mraynrand
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cleveland-browns-yet-another-nfl-assistant-coach-turn-164245671--nfl.html

Cleveland Browns have yet another NFL assistant coach turn down their head-coaching job

By Frank Schwab ... ** 18 hours ago ...Shutdown Corner

** Time Now: Wed. 22 Jan , 2014 6:35 AM EST

nothing gets by you

Guiness
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
nothing gets by you

Not sure if that is sarcastic or not? This is news to me, I knew Gase said he wouldn't interview until after the SB (there was more than one team that wanted to talk to him) but now that the Browns are the only one left he's taken his hat out of the ring. Almost unprecedented, only 32 HC jobs out there, he had a good shot at one and turned his back on the opportunity. That's not a decision someone makes lightly. Hell, even the Raiders kept finding coaches every other year, and that place was a certified nuthouse.

Not a good scene there at all. Chud was a bad hire, and they were right to get rid of him, but it has, if possible, cast the team in an even worse light than it was before. All the crap with Haslam can't be helping.

Guiness
01-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Not sure if that is sarcastic or not?

heh - I see you posted a couple of messages above.

How many have pulled out now? Three I think, Gase, McDaniels and Bowles. McAdoo might've had a shot but went to the Giants instead. Of course, they probably wanted him for an OC, but had to wait until they had an HC in place first.

Well, they can always go back to one guy they interviewed who's still available, Rich Bisaccia (??), you know, the Cowboys ST coordinator who as far as I can tell has never been a head coach at any level!

mraynrand
01-22-2014, 03:13 PM

I wish Scott Campbell would come back so I'd be far less tempted to point out Woodbuck's mistakes and just plain bizarreness. I gotta move on....

Guiness
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
I wish Scott Campbell would come back so I'd be far less tempted to point out Woodbuck's mistakes and just plain bizarreness. I gotta move on....

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

Guiness
01-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Ok, here's a name I didn't expect to see back in the rotation - Greg Schiano. The Factory of Sadness nomiker is just too accurate...

rdanomly
01-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Mike Pettine it is for the Browns: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/mike_pettine_cleveland_browns.html

Of interest to Packer fans, Alex Van Pelt is getting some mentions in the article as a possible OC candidate under Pettine.

Guiness
01-23-2014, 04:39 PM
Mike Pettine it is for the Browns: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/mike_pettine_cleveland_browns.html

Of interest to Packer fans, Alex Van Pelt is getting some mentions in the article as a possible OC candidate under Pettine.

He's currently the Packer's RB coach, right? He was in Buffalo as both a player and coach (was OC I thought?), but I don't think he crossed paths with Pettine there.

Bretsky
01-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Gotta feel sorry for the Brown Fans; settling for a Bills coach, and a defensive coach at that when this team clearly needed a Offensive Head Coach to turn the QB situation around and then get Ray Horton to stay as the DC.......I'd hate being a Browns fan

woodbuck27
01-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Gotta feel sorry for the Brown Fans; settling for a Bills coach, and a defensive coach at that when this team clearly needed a Offensive Head Coach to turn the QB situation around and then get Ray Horton to stay as the DC.......I'd hate being a Browns fan

That's a definition of patience.

Guiness
01-23-2014, 06:40 PM
With the announcement that Van Pelt will replace McAdoo as the QB coach, i wonder what that means for Bennett? He's done a good job, what's his next logical step? Is is OC, or would he be another positional coach? I kind of thought he might get the QB coach position.

woodbuck27
01-23-2014, 06:45 PM

How many have pulled out now? Three I think, Gase, McDaniels and Bowles. McAdoo might've had a shot but went to the Giants instead. Of course, they probably wanted him for an OC, but had to wait until they had an HC in place first.

Well, they can always go back to one guy they interviewed who's still available, Rich Bisaccia (??), you know, the Cowboys ST coordinator who as far as I can tell has never been a head coach at any level!

One big issue in Cleveland has to do with the QB situation. I wonder what "the Browns" will do in the draft and that out of the #4 slot?

That's an interesting watch for me as ... what will Minny do and QB from the #8 pick?

red
01-23-2014, 06:56 PM
With the announcement that Van Pelt will replace McAdoo as the QB coach, i wonder what that means for Bennett? He's done a good job, what's his next logical step? Is is OC, or would he be another positional coach? I kind of thought he might get the QB coach position.

i don't know. does a guy have to try out all the positions before he is allowed to coach the whole thing? i think that the fact he has shown he can coach two different groups already might mean that the next step could be OC

an OC for a offensive minded head coach who calls all the plays himself wouldn't be that far out of the relm for bennett

i'm not saying the guy should be our OC right now, but i can easily see him getting that shot in the future somewhere if not here

Guiness
01-23-2014, 07:08 PM
i don't know. does a guy have to try out all the positions before he is allowed to coach the whole thing? i think that the fact he has shown he can coach two different groups already might mean that the next step could be OC

an OC for a offensive minded head coach who calls all the plays himself wouldn't be that far out of the relm for bennett

i'm not saying the guy should be our OC right now, but i can easily see him getting that shot in the future somewhere if not here

My feelings as well - he'll be moving to that spot, possibly sooner if not later. His name doesn't seem to have come up for any positions this time around though.

I don't think a guy has to go through all the positions before being a HC. I think the only position Sherman coached before becoming an OC was tight ends.

Guiness
01-23-2014, 07:15 PM
One big issue in Cleveland has to do with the QB situation. I wonder what "the Browns" will do in the draft and that out of the #4 slot?

That's an interesting watch for me as ... what will Minny do and QB from the #8 pick?

You know they're giving up on Weeden, aren't content to start Campbell and are going to make like Casey at the Bat, swing for the fences by drafting Johnny Football, and strike out. It doesn't seem that team will ever experience Casey's Revenge.

mraynrand
01-23-2014, 10:59 PM
I think Cleveland is interested more in Blake Bortles

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Great article on new Browns HC, Mike Pettine.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/01/new-browns-head-coach-mike-pettine-i-ask-for-privacy-during-this-difficult-time

mraynrand
01-24-2014, 11:03 AM
^^^ ouch