PDA

View Full Version : that cobb td...

gbgary
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
one of my twitter buds brought up a nice comparison to the det v Packers, bf to Sharpe, td back in the day. wasn't 4th down then but just as thrilling.

Bossman641
12-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Can't believe the refs missed major wright decking Jordy

gbgary
12-29-2013, 08:05 PM

i missed it. what happened exactly?

CaptainKickass
12-29-2013, 08:07 PM

Hell yes I can believe it.

What I can't believe is that they didn't try to screw the Packers any more than they did.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Hell yes I can believe it.

What I can't believe is that they didn't try to screw the Packers any more than they did.

during the game they said that crew had had a pretty bad year. thanks nfl for scheduling them for our game.

Freak Out
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Yep....even the lobotomized Aikman saw it.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 08:25 PM
http://youtu.be/z2RhMdOJKio

pbmax
12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Poor lone Bear fan there. :lol:

CaptainKickass
12-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Poor lone Bear fan there. :lol:

He's thinking:

"damn it, we really DO still suck"

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
one of my twitter buds brought up a nice comparison to the det v Packers, bf to Sharpe, td back in the day. wasn't 4th down then but just as thrilling.

The play by play here for the 4th Qtr:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331229003&period=4

GO PACK GO !

Rodgers12
12-29-2013, 08:56 PM

If you watch the replay of the final play of the game, Cutler dashed forward and the threw a hail mary with his left leg across the "blue" line that indicates the line of scrimmage. I am not a rule expert but I smell illegal forward pass!

Packman_26
12-29-2013, 09:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbwiuz9utmI
That son of a bitch loved to rip his helmet off, didn't he?

MJZiggy
12-29-2013, 09:09 PM
If you watch the replay of the final play of the game, Cutler dashed forward and the threw a hail mary with his left leg across the "blue" line that indicates the line of scrimmage. I am not a rule expert but I smell illegal forward pass!It was, but who cares now? I still haven't seen the last turnover of the game. Damn.

denverYooper
12-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Larivee with the call and the Rock going nuts:
https://t.co/mZD7wbf72a

Rodgers12
12-29-2013, 09:17 PM
It was, but who cares now? I still haven't seen the last turnover of the game. Damn.

Yes, Shields made the play, so all is a-well. Glad we didn't have to witness the 2nd "Fail" Mary in Packer history. :)

pbmax
12-29-2013, 09:21 PM
If you watch the replay of the final play of the game, Cutler dashed forward and the threw a hail mary with his left leg across the "blue" line that indicates the line of scrimmage. I am not a rule expert but I smell illegal forward pass!

I think it has to be the ball that is across the line prior to the throw. Not positive.

hoosier
12-29-2013, 09:23 PM

It's not where his leg is, it is where the ball is when he throws it.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 09:23 PM
I think it has to be the ball that is across the line prior to the throw. Not positive.

it used to be the ball (see instant replay game) but i think it's the player now.

TravisWilliams23
12-29-2013, 09:24 PM

As long as his other foot is behind the line of scrimmage it's OK. I've seen that call go in favor of the Pack a few times. The announcers explained the rule very accurately.

woodbuck27
It was, but who cares now? I still haven't seen the last turnover of the game. Damn.

NO everyone should care if Jay Cutler was in fact across the LOS (I havn't checked yet); because it's just this sort of crap from the NFL Officials that's ruining the game.

That crew screwed up today and it seems like that too much this season. I watch a lot of football and it's been sickening.

No other Pro Sport or it's fans would put up with such garbage officiating.

gbgary
Quarterbacks CAN throw from beyond the line of scrimmage (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Quarterbacks-CAN-throw-from-beyond-the-line-of-s?urn=nfl,120829)

Rodgers12
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM

Just googled it and the qb's entire body as well as the ball must be beyond the LOS for it to be illegal. I stand corrected.

King Friday
12-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Sheesh...with all the boners in here, you'd think we haven't seen these guys on the field for 2 months or something.

Rodgers12
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM
NO everyone should care if Jay Cutler was in fact across the LOS (I havn't checked yet); because it's just this sort of crap from the NFL Officials that's ruining the game.

That crew screwed up today and it seems like that too much this season. I watch a lot of football and it's been sickening.

No other Pro Sport or it's fans would put up with such garbage officiating.

Agreed.

run pMc
12-29-2013, 09:32 PM

Yeah, as soon as he launched the throw I was yelling that he was passed the line. Surprised they didn't throw a flag on that play, or the Wright PI on Nelson. Well, it's not like M3 would have accepted either penalty...would he?

pbmax
12-29-2013, 09:33 PM
As long as his other foot is behind the line of scrimmage it's OK. I've seen that call go in favor of the Pack a few times. The announcers explained the rule very accurately.

it used to be the ball (see instant replay game) but i think it's the player now.

Its coming back to me now. Sounds right.

run pMc
12-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Just googled it and the qb's entire body as well as the ball must be beyond the LOS for it to be illegal. I stand corrected.

ah, yeah...he had one leg behind the LOS...so I guess that's a good non-call.

Freak Out
12-29-2013, 09:37 PM

That is awesome.

channtheman
12-29-2013, 09:38 PM

If any part of the QB's body is behind the line of scrimmage, he is deemed behind the line of scrimmage and the pass is legal.

EDIT: And this is why I should read the whole thread before posting. You guys already found the answer...

green_bowl_packer
12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5478/11636349656_b3e7abce42_o.gif

pbmax
12-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Love that gif.

We also need a name for Boykin's fumble TD.

gbgary
12-29-2013, 09:42 PM
thought that ball would never come down.

ThunderDan
12-29-2013, 09:58 PM
That is awesome.

I think Rock calls him Brandon Cobb on the call. That is awesome!

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 10:37 PM

A great call. He'll remember that one till he's into his final breaths.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2013, 11:33 PM

I think you are correct because it's easier to figure out of the foot is over the LOS than the ball as it's leaving the QBs hand.

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2013, 11:34 PM

That seems really strange to me.

bobblehead
12-29-2013, 11:37 PM

Ball was still behind the line, and that is the rule. Legal pass.

bobblehead
12-29-2013, 11:38 PM

Positive. Don Majkowski throws a TD (vs. the bears) with his foot over the line, but ball and arm behind the line. After further review, legal pass and ..... The Bears Still Suck!!

woodbuck27
12-29-2013, 11:44 PM
Stop it before the Zebras call for a booth review.

We'll wake up tomorrow and tune into NFL Access and find out the game has not ended and 'in fact' has to be replayed.

pbmax
12-29-2013, 11:51 PM
Positive. Don Majkowski throws a TD (vs. the bears) with his foot over the line, but ball and arm behind the line. After further review, legal pass and ..... The Bears Still Suck!!

I think that used to be the case. But see this: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Quarterbacks-CAN-throw-from-beyond-the-line-of-s?urn=nfl,120829

and I believe its been changed. I think its one of the changes to make it easier for the refs to call it on the field in real time. Ref gets to watch feet on ground compared to LOS rather than ball waving around 5 feet of the ground.

Packman_26
12-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Note: It is a forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage if the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is released, whether the passer is airborne or touching the ground. The penalty for a forward pass thrown from beyond the line is enforced from the spot where the ball is released.

Source: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

His back foot was clearly behind the line, correct call. It's not just the foot or the ball, it's the players entire body and the ball.

Pugger
12-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Sheesh...with all the boners in here, you'd think we haven't seen these guys on the field for 2 months or something.

:lol:

Infamous
12-30-2013, 02:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbwiuz9utmI
That son of a bitch loved to rip his helmet off, didn't he?

ahhhh....best day of my LIFE!!!

SkinBasket
12-30-2013, 06:51 AM
You would think the easiest way to determine the illegal forward pass in real time would be if either foot was "on" or across the LOS. This ambiguous ability to leave an airborne pinky toe, elbow, or foreskin behind the line while winging a diving pass from 2 yards across the line seems a lot more open for argument and confusion.

And yeah, the officials were terrible. And Aikman, as expected, was a complete twat about it - especially that queer jumping on Rodgers 3 steps after he was down and getting the 15 yards.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 07:12 AM
You would think the easiest way to determine the illegal forward pass in real time would be if either foot was "on" or across the LOS. This ambiguous ability to leave an airborne pinky toe, elbow, or foreskin behind the line while winging a diving pass from 2 yards across the line seems a lot more open for argument and confusion.

And yeah, the officials were terrible. And Aikman, as expected, was a complete twat about it - especially that queer jumping on Rodgers 3 steps after he was down and getting the 15 yards.

Good post. :smile:

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 08:01 AM

Agreed. That is a penalty at every level against any player, not just the QB. Player was down, defender dives on him driving a shoulder into the back. What about that isn't a 15 yarder?? Only in Aikman's world when the player getting hit is a packer.

ThunderDan
12-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Agreed. That is a penalty at every level against any player, not just the QB. Player was down, defender dives on him driving a shoulder into the back. What about that isn't a 15 yarder?? Only in Aikman's world when the player getting hit is a packer.

And then he made another mention that the Bears got jobbed going into halftime.

bobblehead
12-30-2013, 08:07 AM
And then he made another mention that the Bears got jobbed going into halftime.

Last year he went on for 3 minutes about shields "pass interference" on Jeffries on the last play of the game. They were jostling all game long and that tool wants a PI call on the last play where both guys were fighting. He is so biased against the packers its silly.

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 08:19 AM
I hate it when those dinks have our games.

They can't even do a decent job of hiding their prejudices.

and the officiating in that game stunk,

Andrew Quarless made that catch ... ALL DAY he made that catch. His forearms clearly underneath the ball.

Are they blind and in the booth so stupid !?

I can't stand dumb NFL Officials. I wish they would stick at being incompetent in their daily jobs.

Why can't the NFL be more like the NHL and put some brains/talent out there as Capitol 'O' Officials?

Is the NFL cash straped. No way should this go on and NOT be clearly addressed.

This is my biggest beef and the so called greatest league in all of Pro Sports.

BULLSHIT ! BULL CRAP SHIT !

Look at the Officiating NFL Head Office before shouting out that ridiculous claim. Clamp down on lousy officiating and leave the game on the field between the teams. The players and coach's.

If you tried that crap in Canada it would be hell to pay.

Pugger
12-30-2013, 08:22 AM

I can't either. Man, if we don't get the first down there I'd be majorly pissed right now.

gbgary
12-30-2013, 08:55 AM
I can't either. Man, if we don't get the first down there I'd be majorly pissed right now.

saw that hit on jordy later in the evening. that crew needs their collective asses kicked.

gbgary
12-30-2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/WK_17_CantMiss_Play_Rodgers_stuns_Soldier_Field/c5caeb7e-a6d5-4db0-bcab-b2fa16cf4465